Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Oct 26, 2014 6:54 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Heh more flashbacks. I suppose the kids were cute despite that not all of them seem to get along too well.

The present doesn't look too nice either and I don't think that apology will save much. Heh, the feels...
Oct 26, 2014 8:05 AM
Luny Tunes

Feb 2012
Yuzuki being extremely unreasonable... -_- But I wonder what was the true cause of her hate for the saucer? I saw a short glimpse of that flashback where someone was hospitalized.

Nonoka asked Koharu to lend her a hand. What could she be planning? And Noel is still the most adorable girl ever! <3 Don't look at the saucer because it's embarrassing. Wahaha! <3333
Oct 26, 2014 8:07 AM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
Yuzuki is so damn annoying! >.< She was causing trouble for people the whole time, and when Koharu was trying to look out for her own good, she acts like a b!tch!
I hope she dies soon..

Aside that, nothing much happened (once again). I thought we'd finally get to know what the hell kind of disastrous occurrences took place due to the saucer, but it was left hanging with only a short glimpse of a certain flashback.
I'm assuming someone close to her died probably? But how is the saucer responsible? I still don't get it.

Noel is quite an oblivious one. Why was she trying to help Yuzuki distribute the flyers when the outcome may very much be threatening to her existence? O.o
I guess she's too nice for her own good.

Loved the scene where Koharu finally admitted that what Yuzuki was doing is stupid and pointless, even though she was hesitant. Best girl title has been shifted to her for the time being only for this.

Average episode. Souta is going to study abroad but I doubt that'd affect the story in any ways. Need more screentime for the headphone girl.

Oct 26, 2014 8:19 AM

Nov 2013
Yuzuki is starting to get on my nerves!
Oct 26, 2014 8:21 AM

Jan 2012
Yuzuki was really making an ass of herself, but man she was still pretty crushed by Souta AND Koharu huh? :D I mean I'm kinda conflicted because I guess they're right, but I can't help but feel bad for her...and we still don't even know why she hates the saucer so much outside that brief hospital glimpse. I thought she blamed it for pushing her brother away from her but now I'm not so sure. Regardless they really played up her misery this week, and I think maybe too much because I doubt when she eventually makes up with them it's gonna come across as feeling earned to me. I just get the sense I'll think it came "too easily." Especially with Souta who has less personality than a stick so far, at least Koharu was brought to tears over the whole thing.
Oct 26, 2014 8:23 AM

Jul 2010
The breakup of friendships :/

The hospital scene and the broken promise with her brother, to block the road was too extreme though... I felt bad for her when she was handing the flyers alone when she was younger. Koharu from helping her to telling her to stop and made it clear on the road.

Souta could had made his own firework show for Yuzuki ^^ It would've been the most adorable thing!

Noel helping Yuzuki hand out the flyers! Noel saying it is embarrassing xD

Watching Koharu cry :(, I also felt bad for Yuzuki too. I mean, to be told that the stuff treasures is basically being called unimportant and pointless in a direct and indirect way. Sigh, these stuff get me every time...

Nonoka seems ready to change the situation!
Oct 26, 2014 8:29 AM

May 2013
Lots of drama in this episode. Yeah, I found Yuzuki to be annoying in this episode. I just have a feeling like she is just misunderstanding something
Oct 26, 2014 8:38 AM
Apr 2014
lmao, its more hilarious than dramatic
That's how I see like more than half of the MAL users with their "waifus", hentais, harems, weird-ass video games and all that shit
Oct 26, 2014 8:48 AM

May 2010
Okay Yuzuki got annoying this episode. Why does she care about the saucer so much anyway? Was there some death because of the saucer in the past or something? Like her parent/s dying or something of the sort, perhaps.

They better start explaining the saucer-thing soon.
TragicRomanceOct 26, 2014 8:52 AM
Oct 26, 2014 8:50 AM

Jul 2014
I find it exceedingly hard to sympathize with any of the characters.
Oct 26, 2014 9:20 AM

Aug 2012
The melodrama is real, and the setup for it was pretty much nonexistent. The backstory is there, but it wasn't substantial enough to establish anything that could lead to the level of drama we're seeing.

Red_Tuesday said:
Yup. I feel a complete disconnect with these characters, if we don't get enough(and the right kind of) characterization before having all this drama shoved in our faces, we can't sympathize or even understand the characters. That's the problem I'm having.
Oct 26, 2014 9:23 AM

Dec 2012
Eh nothing much happened... but props to Koharu for being honest and telling Yuzuki that it was pointless
lol Noel being like don't stare at the saucer it's embarassing~
Oct 26, 2014 9:31 AM

Jun 2013
Wow! Dramatic episode! Really good episode though, probably my second favorite of the season, Yuzuki is really annoying me, though i can see her point
I feel bad for Nonaka
10/10 episode :)
Oct 26, 2014 9:33 AM

Dec 2012
Yuzuki is the worst. I can't really feel the "drama", because the characters aren't really good.
This have potential, let's hope that this doesn't turn into a Glasslip 2.

Nov 2013
Since i don't know where this anime is going, i am expecting it to go full on dark and the characters start killing each other...
Jul 2018
Yuzuki is pretty annoying in this episode. She caused so much troubles for people because she wants to get rid of the saucer so much.
Oct 26, 2014 9:58 AM

Jul 2014
I swear this show is just trying to make me hate a different character every week.

Seriously, why does Yuzuki hate the saucer so much? As far as I can tell, there's no reason for her to hate it. Even if the hospital scene we saw briefly is why she hates the saucer, I bet it will feel unjustified still. After all, how can the saucer be blamed for someone being hospitalized? And if it's to do with the fireworks, that's just pathetic, selfish and petty.

On a more positive note, I did find it ironic and quite amusing that Noel was helping Yuzuki campaign to get rid of the saucer, despite the fact that a successful campaign could threaten or compromise her very existence.

Let's hope we get some more plot progression soon to build on this character development.
Oct 26, 2014 10:23 AM

Aug 2013
Another amazing episode
5/5
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Oct 26, 2014 10:42 AM

Aug 2012
danieltortoisee said:

this character development.

What? Where?
Oct 26, 2014 10:50 AM

Jun 2013
This anime really needs more respect, its really good and there is no way it should be under 7, it should be at the very least a 7.5!
Oct 26, 2014 11:00 AM

Feb 2014
How to be a bitch 101.
Oct 26, 2014 11:15 AM

Sep 2014
If it weren't for the slap from Yuzuki to Nonoka at the beginning, I would have given this episode 1/5.

A notable amount of flashbacks were played. Many cringes were to be had.

AlexTheRiot said:
The melodrama is real, and the setup for it was pretty much nonexistent. The backstory is there, but it wasn't substantial enough to establish anything that could lead to the level of drama we're seeing.

Red_Tuesday said:
Yup. I feel a complete disconnect with these characters, if we don't get enough(and the right kind of) characterization before having all this drama shoved in our faces, we can't sympathize or even understand the characters. That's the problem I'm having.

^ This. Anohana with a non Okada Mari skin. The Anohana crying has already begun, thanks Koharu.

The drama in this episode seems like just a random pile of cringe. It would be tasteful to explain Yuzuki's hatred for the saucer and the disconnect between Souta with realistic conviction. Yuzuki seemed overly shocked when Koharu confirmed her suspicions that Koharu felt her actions were pointless. Sure, you can say that she didn't want to believe her suspicions, but that type of reaction is saved for more sudden, less provacative revealations/confirmations.

2/5 Not enough slapping
Darstorm-SandudeOct 26, 2014 11:18 AM
I don't consider myself a good judge.

trying not to be an obnoxious otaku
Oct 26, 2014 11:27 AM

Nov 2012
Wait, so what is going on this series???????????
Oct 26, 2014 11:31 AM

Apr 2010
Nonoka got slapped twice in a day by two different girls and she has a lot to do of she wants to make it up with them.
I really wonder how she is going to achieve that as it looks now neither Shione or Yuzuki are willing to forgive her not to mention that a lot has happened when Nonoka was away.

Somehow i am also expecting some future drama about the relationship between Koharu and Souta, particularly from Yuzuki.
It's obvious that they have something going.
Oct 26, 2014 11:42 AM

Jul 2014
I wish the bus ran over Yuzuki.

Boring episode, nothing interesting really happened.

AlexTheRiot said:
danieltortoisee said:

What? Where?
I'm also wondering.
Oct 26, 2014 11:49 AM

Nov 2009
The drama is strong in this ep. Poor Nonoka. Yuzuki turned into the total bitch toward Nonoka now...I swear I can hear Shione thought "JUST AS PLANNED"

At least there are still some light for Nonoka. I'm glad to see that Souta and Koharu don't mind much about the past and don't mind talking with Nonoka.

This show seems to be the type of show that prefer to develop the story and the characters with the drama. It likes we are in the same situation with Nonoka who wonder what the hell happening around her. I dont mind if we are going to find the answer along with Nonoka.

Look like Nonoka first quest is to befriend with Yuzuki again then go to do something about Shione. After that, I assume we will finally get the happy time.
Oct 26, 2014 12:09 PM

Nov 2012
AlexTheRiot said:
danieltortoisee said:

What? Where?

Nonoka's dad got better at cooking breakfast......LOL
Oct 26, 2014 12:27 PM

Aug 2013
i rarely think badly about characters... but yuzuki really is an annoying bitch.

Oct 26, 2014 12:30 PM

Aug 2012
jose21 said:
AlexTheRiot said:

What? Where?

Nonoka's dad got better at cooking breakfast......LOL

I was too brash. I also forgot how patient that bus driver became, after a while he stopped honking and let the lolis resolve their conflict in a healthy fashion.
Oct 26, 2014 12:54 PM
Jul 2018
Oh my that slap! Yuzuki is God awfull. I can't stand her. x)
Yeah I get it...we have a saucer in the sky of our town. I guess I wouldn't like that. I think I wouldn't be so against it though as Yuzuki is. Like what can they do about it?
This is getting more intriguing by the episode. The fact that Noel is helping Yuzuki is both weird and adorable. :3
Oct 26, 2014 1:17 PM

Jan 2014
The cuteness, the moe, the drama, its killing me!!!!!!
I wish Noel does a more important role in the story besides being the saucer and being cute
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 26, 2014 1:33 PM
Feb 2013
Having all this drama shoved down our throats with only glimpses of the why makes it extremely hard to enjoy the episode. Shione could die I wouldn't care but Yuzuki is even more annoying.
Koharu should have bitch slapped her. iikagen ni shinasai
Oct 26, 2014 1:55 PM

May 2014
Alright, I got it. Melodramatic moe with childish irrational characters causing artificial drama. No, thank you!

Yuzuki wants the saucer gone so she can see some fireworks from the island(and presumably her mother died after the saucer appeared). And with this in mid, SHE BLOCKS TRAFFIC AND RUNS AWAY FROM HER FRIENDS. Along with badly treating Nonoka who obviously wants a simple, reasonable conversation about what happened and how sorry she is for leaving them.

Can we have Souta as the protagonist who leaves this picture for a story about adapting to a new culture and longing for home in your high school life, as well as taking care of yourself, that would be a much better story!

One last thing: Noel doesn't understand shit, and helps Yuzuki in propagating of her removal, since she is the saucer.
Oct 26, 2014 2:12 PM

Mar 2013
Yuzuki is so annoying... i really hope that the fucking melodrama that she's doing has a good reason.
Oct 26, 2014 2:12 PM

Mar 2013
I'm really perplexed as to how everyone in this show manages to be such a huge moron.

There's Koharu, a girl that can't even figure out you need to turn a giant cardboard cut-out sideways to get it through a damn door, even though she moves it inside literally every single day.

There's Nonoka, who didn't even know what time her own school started, and that for some reason is constantly trying to befriend girls that plain don't like her in a school full of plenty of other people that think the saucer's perfectly fine.

There's Shione, who for some reason still blames people for stuff that happened when they were like 6, and then got super mad when Nonoka didn't remember being 6. Like shit, who remembers being 6? All I remember about being 6 is vague at best. And when she slapped Nonoka, all of Nonoka's supposed friends just stood there and watched and didn't say anything? Like shit Nonoka, you either make a fuss or you tell all your new friends to get fucked. They didn't even ask if you were ok.

And then of course, there's the eternal annoyance Yuzuki. A girl that's mad at a beautiful tourist attraction because it stopped one night of fireworks a year, and that has subsequently been using this as an excuse to not only embarrass herself and her brother, but also harass the customers of Koharu's family's shop, even though Koharu is supposed to be her friend. I don't know why Koharu puts up with a girl that could literally put her parents' entire livelihood out of business with her pointless ranting. And then Yuzuki had the gall to slap Nonoka, for what? For trying to apologise, even though she barely did anything wrong in the first place? Shione was an unnecessary bitch about it too. It's just pathetic and childish to not at least listen to someone's apology, especially over something as minor as a children's game you played 8 years ago.

Really, this plot and its characters are ridiculous. Unless this saucer turns out to be some sort of child murdering molester that kicks dogs, I hope Nonoka just throws Yuzuki and Shione in the lake and lets them both rot there.
Oct 26, 2014 2:13 PM

Jul 2013
Don't look at the saucer because it's embarrassing LOL.
Lel the irony in Noel helping out Yuzuki
Good on Koharu for being honest :D
Ugh, Yuzuki >.>
Red_Tuesday said:

True that.
Oct 26, 2014 2:21 PM

Mar 2013
AlexTheRiot said:

Yeah, dude. Exactly this.
Oct 26, 2014 2:43 PM

Jul 2012
Yuzuki is fucking dumb man...

Her actions are totally pointless.

First of all she has no good argument why people should care about the disc in the first place. She has no evidence to point out it is bad, simple superstition is all she has.

Secondly has she no methods to actually do anything about the saucer. Protesting does nothing. She should instead focus on research to actually find out what that thing is.

But no, all she cares about is having a boogeyman to blame.
Of course she doesn't care about the saucer, it is not about it, it is about her inability to face the facts and deal with real life problems.

From the flashbacks we can see something bad in her life happened and she simply can't accept it and that disc is her only outlet for stress.

Very immature way of thinking, and disrespectful of all people around her.

What a fucking drama queen.
At first she was cute, now only annoying. I would just let her rot with her bullshit.
I am falling, I am fading, I am drowning, help me to breathe.
Oct 26, 2014 2:59 PM

May 2013
Yea I'm not really feeling this "drama" from a bunch of 12 yr olds lol. And Yuzuki is getting annoying as fuck.

This is one of this season's anime that I am liking the least. Nothing is really happening for the most part.
Oct 26, 2014 3:26 PM

Jun 2014
I was hoping that things would pickup. Instead we have this... -_-

At least Nonoka kept a cool head even after being smacked twice in one day for no good reason. If that were me fists would be a flyin'!
Oct 26, 2014 3:42 PM

Jan 2014
Yuzuki uses Yuzuki Clan Hidden Technique: Sudden Slap!
*it was effective*
Nonoka tries to use Apology
*it wasn't effective*
*Yuzuki fled*
- Battle end -

And Togawa's image in my book still hasn't changed from last week: stuck-up brat.
Why Noel want to kick herself (her body?) from the town? Let me rephrase that, why is she aiding Yuzuki? And how will Yuzuki respond when she'll find out that the saucer's avatar (I think) is Noel.
Oct 26, 2014 3:47 PM

Jan 2013
I'm still wondering if this should have a drama tag or not. Because I do wonder how it will end..
It was a good episode, Noel blushing is the most destructive force of moe.
Oct 26, 2014 4:10 PM
Oct 2010
LOL, so much deserved trashing of this show. I too wanted to vent a bit, but reading the posts was good enough, thank you all very much.

Anyway, I'm staying here out of curiosity about what caused such an overblown drama, but my expectations are definitely on the low side.

(Though I'm starting to believe that the saucer carried a virus that prevented those infected from growing up mentally or emotionally... >_>)
"Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain"
Friedrich Schiller
Oct 26, 2014 4:28 PM
Aug 2009
Ajunky said:
(Though I'm starting to believe that the saucer carried a virus that prevented those infected from growing up mentally or emotionally... >_>)

This made my day. At this point the saucer could be the source of all that is evil and Yuzuki still wouldn't have a leg to stand on. You can't arbitrarily hate and attack someone or something without giving a reason (good or bad, at least give me a goddamn reason) and think to get any sort of sympathy. She is like the epitome of characters I hate the most. No intelligence, no common sense, no empathy or sympathy. The only thing she has is her tenacity and that is actually working against her... What was the director thinking when he making this character? It reminds of that bitch ass couple from Kimi no Iru Machi...
Oct 26, 2014 4:55 PM

May 2012
straggy said:
I'm really perplexed as to how everyone in this show manages to be such a huge moron.

There's Koharu, a girl that can't even figure out you need to turn a giant cardboard cut-out sideways to get it through a damn door, even though she moves it inside literally every single day.

^ Haha. I was also wondering about that. I think she also did that in the 1st episode (or the other episodes, I think) and I was like, "Is she stupid?!?!". LOL. And I was wondering too why Noel was helping Yuzuki when in fact she is the saucer herself. Anyway, Noel is cute so I can forgive that. The drama though is getting quite unbearable and very childish.
Oct 26, 2014 4:56 PM
Jul 2018
blitz_21x said:
Since i don't know where this anime is going, i am expecting it to go full on dark and the characters start killing each other...

I think I would like that very much! x)
Oct 26, 2014 5:23 PM

Oct 2011
Dat drama T___T

Koharu joins Nonoka to get rid of Noel....Saucer T__T

I guess Yuzuki doesn't like the changes the town has become in those seven years. Plus she never got her fireworks because of the saucer.
Oct 26, 2014 5:45 PM

Oct 2013
The most significant moment of EP 4 seems to be the brief glimpse of Yuzuki in the hospital. This show is taking it's time with revealing the motivations of the characters.

I enjoy watching it and rate it a 7 overall so far. That might change depending on how this mystery resolves itself.
Oct 26, 2014 5:51 PM
Jun 2010
this story is so stupid...
Oct 26, 2014 6:42 PM
Nov 2013
Alright episode. Yuzuki turns out to be a mega bitch just like Shione. Nonoka didn't deserve to be slapped like that. I hope there's another reason she hates the saucer because hating it only for the fireworks reason is not justifiable at all. Let's hope things are fixed next episode.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sora no Method Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 28, 2014

116 by SlammyHammy »»
Nov 2, 2023 6:38 PM

Poll: » Sora no Method Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 19, 2014

97 by Bakunoaato »»
Aug 4, 2023 12:38 PM

Poll: » Sora no Method Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 9, 2014

64 by florin2v36 »»
Oct 4, 2022 5:28 AM

Poll: » Sora no Method Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 21, 2014

78 by Kanezushi »»
Apr 19, 2021 8:57 AM

Poll: » Sora no Method Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Ejc - Dec 13, 2014

65 by Kanezushi »»
Apr 19, 2021 8:26 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.