Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (12) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Oct 26, 2014 4:52 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Aww, Michiru is cute when she is with her cat.

>Michiru
>Sleepwalking

Oh this episode was more amusing than I had thought. Cute kiss though and the reaction afterwards was even better!

That poor cat though. ;_;
Oct 26, 2014 4:56 AM

Apr 2009
HA HA WELP SO MUCH FOR GOOD PACING
Oct 26, 2014 5:00 AM

Aug 2014
Amarrez said:

Is it fast? stuck on work... :(

Well that quote say it all...
Oct 26, 2014 5:05 AM
Oct 2007
Sweanime said:
Amarrez said:

Michiru kisses Yuuji. 3 minutes later the cat dies.
The coffin scene will apparently be in the next episode.
They've effectively butchered Mitchie's route and squeezed the mangled remains into 2 episodes.
Normal well-adjusted human being
Oct 26, 2014 5:08 AM

Aug 2014
GrimaH said:
Sweanime said:

Michiru kisses Yuuji. 3 minutes later the cat dies.
The coffin scene will apparently be in the next episode.
They've effectively butchered Mitchie's route and squeezed the mangled remains into 2 episodes.

Damn...well like I expected. Best girls route butchered.. sucks ass.
Oct 26, 2014 5:11 AM
Jun 2013
Oh so in just 4 episodes they animated half of Michiru's route. hm well I honestly don't care about the pacing or how rushed it is, but if things goes on like this chances of sequel adaptations are high so I'm all for it.
Oct 26, 2014 5:13 AM
Oct 2007
Ichijouji_Touko said:
Oh so in just 4 episodes they animated half of Michiru's route. hm well I honestly don't care about the pacing or how rushed it is, but if things goes on like this chances of sequel adaptations are high so I'm all for it.

Er, the first 3 episodes were common route.
Michi's route will be 4 and 5, and they've taken out the second kiss and (seemingly) the whole second personality thing, not to mention her crippling mental condition and the dates. It can't even be properly identified as the Michiru route anymore.
Oct 26, 2014 5:18 AM

Apr 2009
I guess this means each route will be two episodes long

ha ha

wow
Oct 26, 2014 5:26 AM
Jun 2013
Amarrez said:
I guess this means each route will be two episodes long

ha ha

wow

They're pretty much useless for the story to begin with except for Amane, if they just do 2 of the girls in 1 episode and make Amane's route 4 episodes, then it can work out and we'll get the sequels adapted where the crazy story will begin.
Oct 26, 2014 5:33 AM

Oct 2013
I guess I'll have to watch it later. However, it sounds too crazy to be true. Even though Michiru is my least favourite heroine in Grisaia, her route is not without merits and does not deserve to be cut down to 2 episodes.
Oct 26, 2014 5:33 AM

Aug 2014
F'ck this shit they don´t even adapt routes. They just butcher everything. Everything good from michiru is cut out. If you havent read the VN. Stop this anime and read first put this is just painful to watch..
Oct 26, 2014 5:38 AM
Jun 2013
Sweanime said:
F'ck this shit they don´t even adapt routes. They just butcher everything. Everything good from michiru is cut out. If you havent read the VN. Stop this anime and read first put this is just painful to watch..

Except 4/5 of the routes are useless to the story, if you plan on playing the sequels then its a waste of time, I learned it the hard way. But its perfectly fine to read the entirety of the Kajitsu game if you plan on only playing that. But imo its a lot worse than your average romance eroge, and you'd be better off playing something shorter and better.
Oct 26, 2014 5:39 AM
Oct 2007
The crossed scenes are the ones that made it to episode 4.

Oct 26, 2014 5:40 AM

Aug 2014
Ichijouji_Touko said:
Sweanime said:

Except 4/5 of the routes are useless to the story, if you plan on playing the sequels then its a waste of time, I learned it the hard way.

Have already read the 2 other games but i think they suck :P So I just pretend they never existed and only think about the first one ;D
Oct 26, 2014 5:40 AM
Oct 2007
Ichijouji_Touko said:
Sweanime said:

Except 4/5 of the routes are useless to the story, if you plan on playing the sequels then its a waste of time, I learned it the hard way. But its perfectly fine to read the entirety of the Kajitsu game if you plan on only playing that. But imo its a lot worse than your average romance eroge.

The story relies on the redemption of the heroines from their individual circumstances by Yuuji. When the anime takes out basically the whole "individual circumstances" part, the story ceases to be engaging.
Oct 26, 2014 5:41 AM
Jun 2013
GrimaH said:
The story relies on the redemption of the heroines from their individual circumstances by Yuuji. When the anime takes out basically the whole "individual circumstances" part, the story ceases to be engaging.

Except that is not the story at all, that is heroine's introduction. The story is about some crazy shit with the main villain being Oslo. If I say anymore its spoilers.
Oct 26, 2014 5:42 AM
Mar 2010
The dream is dead. Will still keep watching, though.
Oct 26, 2014 5:48 AM

Aug 2014
Anime watchers will not understand a thing about just random stuff :P

The hype is dead for us VN reader anyway..well atleast for me. They had the chance to make this show good but NOOOOOOOO..
Oct 26, 2014 5:51 AM

Oct 2013
Sweanime said:
Anime watchers will not understand a thing about just random stuff :P

The hype is dead for us VN reader anyway..well atleast for me. They had the chance to make this show good but NOOOOOOOO..

I guess we'll see. It's certain that the anime will not be a sufficient adaptation of the VN. However, perhaps they will do a good enough job at animating the parts that do make it in, and at least allow the anime stand on its own.
Oct 26, 2014 5:51 AM
Oct 2007
Pulsecroxley said:
So a word of warning for ANIME only watchers if you are interested in any of the Girls routes and want to experience their routes at a slower pace with much more buildup stop watching, read the visual novel and wait till you are done then watch it. Otherwise if you aren't to bothered about reading the VN for the full experience by all means finish the show and then watch the POTENTIAL sequels

To be honest I don't think there are many anime only watchers left. As a stand alone work this anime has been terrible so far; it only works as an animated complement to Grisaia's overarching trilogy story, as Ichi-Touko has suggested. I personally only picked up the Kajitsu VN after watching the first 2 episodes and wondering what drove people to support such an abomination. (Of course, on hindsight that was a good call.)
Oct 26, 2014 5:58 AM

Jan 2012
Dear God, its awful how they managed to destroy the very good pacing in one whole episode.
Wasting Michiru in 2 episodes, just wow :/
Oct 26, 2014 6:24 AM

Jan 2014
By biggest nightmare happened(13 episodes all routes)...And i was pumped up for some Michiru here...R.I.P
Oct 26, 2014 6:30 AM

Jan 2014
LonelyWizard said:
By biggest nightmare happened(13 episodes all routes)...And i was pumped up for some Michiru here...R.I.P

Good thing I was expecting this. And so much for '13 episodes common route into 2nd season', lol.

Well, at least this adaptation won't have an issue with the VN's abominable pacing.
Oct 26, 2014 6:31 AM

Mar 2013
Guess this is how every VN players think of this ep.
Oct 26, 2014 6:34 AM

Jan 2012
BeatzMe said:
Well, at least this adaptation won't have an issue with the VN's abominable pacing.

Its the same though, both pacings are painful in different directions besides the background scenes in teh VN. The only good part about this, is really that we wont waste more than two episodes on repition Yumiko :D
Oct 26, 2014 6:47 AM

Aug 2014
sanlei said:
BeatzMe said:

Its the same though, both pacings are painful in different directions besides the background scenes in teh VN. The only good part about this, is really that we wont waste more than two episodes on repition Yumiko :D

I like the pacing in Grisiai VN tough :P
Oct 26, 2014 6:55 AM

Jan 2012
Sweanime said:

As said, the background story pacing is good(even perfectly fine), common is alright too, had my fun with it^^ I find the "in-between" scenes wihtin the routes however boring. Im really feeling the "pay per line" obligation there at times. My problems with Yumiko dont help either, to really like it.

That said, its of course better than anime pacing, but thats not difficult either. :D
Oct 26, 2014 7:15 AM

Oct 2012
So it's seems it's true: they want to do 2 episodes for each girl.

Dropped, I already read the vn, I don't need a rushed edition.
Oct 26, 2014 7:17 AM

Aug 2008
Sweanime said:
sanlei said:

It's ok in Yumiko and Michiru's routes. Both of them are the appropriate length and don't feel draggy at all.

Amane's route beginning was horribly slow. Sachi's middle kinda slowed down too much as well and all of Makina's was redicuously slow.

Though the reason the visual novel has pacing issues is the same reason a lot of visual novels do. Because the writers wanted more money.
Oct 26, 2014 7:22 AM
Jun 2011
i a vn reader and i felt emotion in this cat scence even if it didnt have the same impact also after i seen episode 4 of grisaia i dont think michiru route will be 2 episodes i think it will be 3 episodes at least
Oct 26, 2014 7:24 AM
Jun 2013
Vvasho said:

Have you read Meikyuu or Rakuen though? This adaptation obviously have those in mind, nothing wrong with it at all. Most of the first game is totally useless in this case, why would they waste episodes animating stuff useless to the story (AKA 4/5 of the routes)
Oct 26, 2014 7:35 AM

Aug 2014
Ichijouji_Touko said:
Vvasho said:

Have you read Meikyuu or Rakuen though? This adaptation obviously have those in mind, nothing wrong with it at all. Most of the first game is totally useless in this case, why would they waste episodes animating stuff useless to the story (AKA 4/5 of the routes)

Who will watch them :P this show scarres away anime watchers. VN reader will not touch the sequels if they make this adaption like trash ;D
Oct 26, 2014 7:36 AM

Jan 2014
Ichijouji_Touko said:
Vvasho said:

Yea,because showing a stray cat(Yep,a random stray cat) dying is more important than giving characters some depth....
Oct 26, 2014 7:37 AM

Sep 2011
just've finished watching the 4th episode, i think if it's true that they will animate every main route for each girls then they are making this fine enough don't they ?

if they animate everything from the VN then Yuuji will have to show some romantic feeling to Michiru (and other girls), the first game isn't harem, so i think they did okay to left all the unrelated (romance, slice of life) part.
Oct 26, 2014 7:37 AM
Jun 2013
LonelyWizard said:
Yea,because showing a stray cat(Yep,a random stray cat) dying is more important than giving characters some depth....

Giving depth to 5 girls in 13 episodes, good joke.
Oct 26, 2014 7:38 AM
Jun 2013
cads said:
just've finished watching the 4th episode, i think if it's true that they will animate every main route for each girls then they are making this fine enough don't they ?

if they animate everything from the VN then Yuuji will have to show some romantic feeling to Michiru (and other girls), the first game isn't harem, so i think they did okay to left all the unrelated (romance, slice of life) part.

Yuuji won't be romantically attracted to any girls in this anime. In the sequels they make it so that he helps 5 girls but doesn't bang them until in Rakuen.
Oct 26, 2014 7:41 AM

Jan 2014
Ichijouji_Touko said:
LonelyWizard said:

Thats my word :I

Sweanime said:
Who will watch them :P this show scarres away anime watchers. VN reader will not touch the sequels if they make this adaption like trash ;D
I will watch anything related no matter how much they suck,and im sure there are a lot of people thinking like me in Japan...But i doubt they will spend money and buy this mess...
LoneWizzyOct 26, 2014 7:50 AM
Oct 26, 2014 7:42 AM

Jan 2012
Ichijouji_Touko said:

Yuuji won't be romantically attracted to any girls in this anime. In the sequels they make it so that he helps 5 girls but doesn't bang them until in Rakuen.

Which obviously destroys yar own argument.
I dont care for teh whole romantic banging crap. Anime still fails in character development with this decision. Even with the knowledge of said trilogy.
Ichijouji_Touko said:
LonelyWizard said:

Thats teh whole point.
sanleiOct 26, 2014 7:59 AM
Oct 26, 2014 8:01 AM

Sep 2011
Ichijouji_Touko said:
cads said:

let's put aside the VN for a while, i did play the VNs though. I don't want to talk about the VN, do we really have to compare VNs to Anime adaptation again ? everyone knows it won't be the same.

13 episodes and they want to animate all without romance part (if it's true 2 episodes for each girl) then they will have to do it like this episode, put away the part that have romance and school life in it, animate the 'key' parts, so they can make it into two episodes. If we're not comparing to the vn pacing (which means it have the romance part) then i think they did it right.
Oct 26, 2014 8:06 AM

Jan 2012
cads said:

let's put aside the VN for a while, i did play the VNs though. I don't want to talk about the VN, do we really have to compare VNs to Anime adaptation again ? everyone knows it won't be the same.

13 episodes and they want to animate all without romance part (if it's true 2 episodes for each girl) then they will have to do it like this episode, put away the part that have romance and school life in it, animate the 'key' parts, so they can make it into two episodes. If we're not comparing to the vn pacing (which means it have the romance part) then i think they did it right.

Lets compare it to Little Busters 4 cours then. Its obviously a bad decision to fast pace drama, drama doesnt work well this way. White Album 2 obviously worked well, because it was a single part of said VN and adapted teh common route nearly 1:1. It wouldnt have worked if they butchered the routes within.

2 cours would be enough, but its obviously disregarding that.
Oct 26, 2014 8:15 AM

Jan 2014
cads said:
We are not comparing it with VN ,tho...We are talking about how ridiculous trying to create drama without proper backstory and development is....
Oct 26, 2014 8:30 AM

Dec 2007
Heh, of course most VN readers would be annoyed for the faster pacing, but I actually enjoyed this episode a lot. It was well done especially in direction, I love the director's way of adapting it. All that hurt me was the fact they cut all of the Tunafish man episode, but it was understandable.

I can understand, they need to cut off stuff, the romance parts, and speed-en up the pacing if it's 13 episodes and still stay coherent for adapting Meikyuu and Rakuen later. I admit it, while as a VN reader I'm disappointed we won't see whole of Kajitsu adapted, as a Grisaia no Kajitsu anime adaptation fan I was pleased.

Nyamel scene was still emotional, though very brief, but well done. I think if they want to adapt everything in 13 episodes, this pacing fits just right for the anime.
I'm not watching a VN playthrough, I am watching a 13 episode anime adaptation with key scenes without romance adapted. It does a great job conveying that without falter imo, Can't wait to see Meikyuu and Rakuen adapted later on, that is the main dish for me since I didn't read them yet and I'm waiting for Sekai's localizations to buy them properly.

I know every VN reader reaction was negative so far and I expected to see a bad episode, but all I see here was a good one. This is all needed for adapting it right in the minimum of 13 episodes.
Of course I wanted at least 24, but now if that's what we're getting, then I'm accepting the adaptation wholeheartedly. So I'm optimistic just as I was. That is all.
Oct 26, 2014 8:49 AM

Aug 2012
RIP
Oct 26, 2014 8:53 AM

Dec 2007
blooddrunk said:
RIP

No
Oct 26, 2014 8:56 AM

Jul 2013
Obviously all the VN readers are extremely disappointed by this point, but some of the scenes by themselves were a bit enjoyable...as long as you forget the cluster fuck you've gotten yourself into overall.

So are they just going to adapt an extremely abridged version of each route in a continuous timeline with no romance? I don't know too much about the sequels, but according to some people, if it'll flow well into them. All i know of the other installations of this series is that it's a harem spinoff, and a backstory.
I don't even care anymore. Keeping us in the dark like this and all this negative speculation is annoying as hell. I hope they give extra time to Amane.

DeadIJuicyPriest said:

At least someone is positive around here..
Oct 26, 2014 9:00 AM

Jan 2012
I would enjoy just a common route adaption and "read teh damn vn"-end more than this way of adapting.
Its not by basic a bad adaption, im still saving every single gif from it, its just a really bad decision of chosen content and the damn chosen episode limit.

Biggest problem is: Grisaia is character-driven and its disregarding that. I dont care for sequels if they cant even develop characters. And i dont even mean teh romantic way, its a weak part in teh vn anyway.(Besides Michiru of course). That said drama is just wasted material if its way to fast paced like this.
Oct 26, 2014 9:05 AM

Aug 2008
Basically, you can't take a character driven story and rush it and expect it to be effective. Even if we look at it with 13 episode limit this is still far too fast, and they were better off focusing one 2 or even 1 girl instead of giving a small amount of time to each individual one. Even if little busters wasn't a great adaption, it still gave a mostly appropriate amount of time for each heroine.

Quite honestly maybe they were better off not trying to really adapt the story by just cutting and placing scenes from the visual novel and trying to do something more original with it. But ah well, I think like someone said earlier. This season is just an excuse so that they can do Rakuen, which definitely seems like the case.
Oct 26, 2014 9:05 AM

Dec 2007
sanlei said:
I would enjoy just a common route adaption and "read teh damn vn"-end more than this way of adapting.
Its not by basic a bad adaption, im still saving every single gif from it, its just a really bad decision of chosen content and the damn chosen episode limit.

Biggest problem is: Grisaia is character-driven and its disregarding that. I dont care for sequels if they cant even develop characters. And i dont even mean teh romantic way, its a weak part in teh vn anyway.(Besides Michiru of course). That said drama is just wasted material if its way to fast paced like this.

Now what I call fast paced is Danganronpa anime. This is a selected scenes adaptation, the episode didn't feel that fast paced to me, most of the scenes were just in right pacing, though Nyamel was too brief and less emotional, but still a nice job.
Oct 26, 2014 9:09 AM

Aug 2012
DeadIJuicyPriest said:
blooddrunk said:
RIP

No

Anime watchers will never feel it the same way. Recalling the scenes you've read made this episode good for you, but it's not certain it will cause the same reaction on non-readers.

I'll make these words mine:
Pulsecroxley said:
So a word of warning for ANIME only watchers if you are interested in any of the Girls routes and want to experience their routes at a slower pace with much more buildup stop watching, read the visual novel and wait till you are done then watch it. Otherwise if you aren't to bothered about reading the VN for the full experience by all means finish the show and then watch the POTENTIAL sequels
Oct 26, 2014 9:13 AM

Dec 2007
blooddrunk said:
DeadIJuicyPriest said:

No

Anime watchers will never feel it the same way. Recalling the scenes you've read made this episode good for you, but it's not certain it will cause the same reaction on non-readers.

I'll make these words mine:
Pulsecroxley said:

Who knows, so far we had only VN reader reactions, let's see how anime only watcher react to this episode.
Pages (12) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Grisaia no Kajitsu Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Amarrez - Oct 5, 2014

587 by iamdaking »»
Apr 12, 8:03 PM

Poll: » Grisaia no Kajitsu Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 28, 2014

265 by CoolAnimeWatcher »»
Jan 14, 3:14 PM

Poll: » Grisaia no Kajitsu Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 12, 2014

333 by Miryy »»
Dec 10, 2023 8:48 AM

Poll: » Grisaia no Kajitsu Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 16, 2014

193 by extonic »»
Oct 16, 2023 3:28 PM

Poll: » Grisaia no Kajitsu Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

removed-user - Nov 9, 2014

359 by Pik3Rob »»
Oct 11, 2023 11:27 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.