Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (196) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
 
Oct 26, 2014 5:08 AM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2010
Posts: 34
Raziel1991 said:
Maybe ufotable wanted to buff Saber here so atleast she has one fight in the first cour where she truly shines before Kuzuki makes her look like shit.
Yep, that's also a good point. :)
 
Oct 26, 2014 5:12 AM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2013
Posts: 21769
Raziel1991 said:
Maybe ufotable wanted to buff Saber here so atleast she has one fight in the first cour where she truly shines before Kuzuki makes her look like shit.
I think so yeah.

It all makes sense if you think about it like they are compensating for not having Fate route anime. I hope they don't overdo it though as that might take away more than add.
 
Oct 26, 2014 5:16 AM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 15153
Rather than "making her look like shit" I thought that scene made Caster and Kuzuki look like a legitimate threat, which is kind of what you want for the major antagonists for a great deal of the route.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
 
Oct 26, 2014 6:26 AM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2014
Posts: 6843
I always thought Archer's BP took one of Berserker's life, he just regenerated "off-screen", because Rin didn't see him regenerating due to fire and all. She probably only saw him after regenerating. The exactly same thing happens in the VN too, and there you already know that Archer IS capable of killing Berserker 5 times in a single fight, so it should be obvious. Of course Anime-only people may not realize that...
 
Oct 26, 2014 6:36 AM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2011
Posts: 849
Grey-Zone said:
Archer IS capable of killing Berserker 5 times in a single fight,



Didnt he kill Berserker 6 times in the Fate route?
 
Oct 26, 2014 6:45 AM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2014
Posts: 6843
whoops, that was an embarrassing mistake, but still, I think he actually did take one of his lives. I mean WITHOUT that, Illya's comment MAKES NO SENSE.
 
Oct 26, 2014 6:55 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2013
Posts: 2834
Grey-Zone said:
whoops, that was an embarrassing mistake, but still, I think he actually did take one of his lives. I mean WITHOUT that, Illya's comment MAKES NO SENSE.
No, Berserker doesn't lose a life in the VN. He just hits Caladbolg and the Broken Phantasm goes prematurely boom. That doesn't mean Ilya doesn't start getting interested in Archer, considering she thought he was garbage just 5 minutes ago. And why are you banned on Animesuki, btw?
 
Oct 26, 2014 6:57 AM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2013
Posts: 21769
CorePriest said:
Grey-Zone said:
whoops, that was an embarrassing mistake, but still, I think he actually did take one of his lives. I mean WITHOUT that, Illya's comment MAKES NO SENSE.
No, Berserker doesn't lose a life in the VN. He just hits Caladbolg and the Broken Phantasm goes prematurely boom. That doesn't mean Ilya doesn't start getting interested in Archer, considering she thought he was garbage just 5 minutes ago. And why are you banned on Animesuki, btw?
But he is garbage...

Stats wise that is.
 
Oct 26, 2014 7:39 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2013
Posts: 1094
CookingPriest said:
SlothPriest said:
I was thinking of creating one of these threads but thought it was either unnecessary or you guys could do it...



The way I am taking to seeing it is that :


I recall reading within Fate/Zero light novel that Saber's able to focus and unleash her Invisible Air to deliver a one-time Rank A projectile attack in the form of highly-pressurized air. She intentionally let her blade be caught, then used the opportunity to release it at point blank range.


'Course, I could be wrong here.


 
Oct 26, 2014 7:45 AM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2013
Posts: 21769
MercifulPriest said:
CookingPriest said:



The way I am taking to seeing it is that :


I recall reading within Fate/Zero light novel that Saber's able to focus and unleash her Invisible Air to deliver a one-time Rank A projectile attack in the form of highly-pressurized air. She intentionally let her blade be caught, then used the opportunity to release it at point blank range.


'Course, I could be wrong here.
Well, for the 100th time, it's not the blast people are talking about.

Berserker was shown to be receiving injuries and getting wounded from IA (there's even a very obvious moment where blood splatters all over the screen) without the blast.
 
Oct 26, 2014 7:49 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2013
Posts: 2834
Strike Air is not Rank A. Or there was never any source that stated that it is. Here in the anime, Saber cut Berserker a few times, while IA is still clearly seen, so there is some mistake.
 
Oct 26, 2014 8:14 AM
Offline
Joined: Jun 2013
Posts: 2
Can anybody explain what happened to Rin's ruby amulet? In episode 0 she left it near Shirou, and Archer returned it to her at the end of the episode.
In first episode Shiro wakes up, the amulet is still lying next to him and he takes it.
And then, in the second episode we can see the amulet in Shirou's pocket...
 
Oct 26, 2014 8:16 AM
something here

Offline
Joined: Aug 2014
Posts: 10802
syrvanser said:
Can anybody explain what happened to Rin's ruby amulet? In episode 0 she left it near Shirou, and Archer returned it to her at the end of the episode.
In first episode Shiro wakes up, the amulet is still lying next to him and he takes it.
And then, in the second episode we can see the amulet in Shirou's pocket...

The answer would be a spoiler of sorts, so I'd say wait and see.
 
Oct 26, 2014 8:17 AM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2013
Posts: 21769
syrvanser said:
Can anybody explain what happened to Rin's ruby amulet? In episode 0 she left it near Shirou, and Archer returned it to her at the end of the episode.
In first episode Shiro wakes up, the amulet is still lying next to him and he takes it.
And then, in the second episode we can see the amulet in Shirou's pocket...
It's a plothole to increase drama.
 
Oct 26, 2014 8:18 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2013
Posts: 2834
syrvanser said:
Can anybody explain what happened to Rin's ruby amulet? In episode 0 she left it near Shirou, and Archer returned it to her at the end of the episode.
In first episode Shiro wakes up, the amulet is still lying next to him and he takes it.
And then, in the second episode we can see the amulet in Shirou's pocket...

I can tell you if you like, but it's gonna get explained later anyway.
 
Oct 26, 2014 8:25 AM
Offline
Joined: Jun 2013
Posts: 2
Thanks, then I'll better wait for the explanation in the series.
 
Oct 26, 2014 8:57 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2010
Posts: 4330
CorePriest said:
Grey-Zone said:
whoops, that was an embarrassing mistake, but still, I think he actually did take one of his lives. I mean WITHOUT that, Illya's comment MAKES NO SENSE.
No, Berserker doesn't lose a life in the VN. He just hits Caladbolg and the Broken Phantasm goes prematurely boom. That doesn't mean Ilya doesn't start getting interested in Archer, considering she thought he was garbage just 5 minutes ago.

^
http://lparchive.org/Fatestay-night/Update%20129/
 
Oct 26, 2014 9:05 AM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 15153
antonn said:
CorePriest said:
No, Berserker doesn't lose a life in the VN. He just hits Caladbolg and the Broken Phantasm goes prematurely boom. That doesn't mean Ilya doesn't start getting interested in Archer, considering she thought he was garbage just 5 minutes ago.

^
http://lparchive.org/Fatestay-night/Update%20129/


This link specifically shows that Berserker was unharmed in the VN as well, just in case anyone is wondering.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
 
Oct 26, 2014 9:36 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2014
Posts: 1719
syrvanser said:
Thanks, then I'll better wait for the explanation in the series.

In general, the subtle things most newcomers consider to be possible plotholes aren't actually plotholes at all. But explaining these things would involve spoilers, so it's best to be patient and just watch the show instead.
 
Oct 26, 2014 9:45 AM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2014
Posts: 6843
insan3priest said:
This link specifically shows that Berserker was unharmed in the VN as well, just in case anyone is wondering.


There is nothing that disproves in any way that it did kill him and then instantly regenerated while the fire still blocked the view. Afterwards it looks like he was "not even scratched".
 
Oct 26, 2014 9:57 AM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 15153
Grey-Zone said:
insan3priest said:
This link specifically shows that Berserker was unharmed in the VN as well, just in case anyone is wondering.


There is nothing that disproves in any way that it did kill him and then instantly regenerated while the fire still blocked the view. Afterwards it looks like he was "not even scratched".


You may be right, after all they don't know about God Hand at this point anyway.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
 
Oct 26, 2014 9:59 AM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2010
Posts: 27
How did
get chosen as a master? It's been years since I read it and I'm not even sure if this was answered.
 
Oct 26, 2014 10:03 AM
something here

Offline
Joined: Aug 2014
Posts: 10802
Rignel said:
How did
get chosen as a master? It's been years since I read it and I'm not even sure if this was answered.

 
Oct 26, 2014 10:13 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2013
Posts: 2834
Grey-Zone said:
insan3priest said:
This link specifically shows that Berserker was unharmed in the VN as well, just in case anyone is wondering.


There is nothing that disproves in any way that it did kill him and then instantly regenerated while the fire still blocked the view. Afterwards it looks like he was "not even scratched".
The regeneration isn't instantaneous.
 
Oct 26, 2014 10:41 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2013
Posts: 1610
This is irrelevant, and I'm pretty sure Nasu answered this, but I can't be assed to find the answer at the moment, but how well would Bazett fare against an average Servant?
And I mean that in the most sexually painful way possible.
 
Oct 26, 2014 11:31 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2008
Posts: 107
JabonHR said:
This is irrelevant, and I'm pretty sure Nasu answered this, but I can't be assed to find the answer at the moment, but how well would Bazett fare against an average Servant?

There are no "average" Servants, but I think it's clear that Bazett is capable of fighting Servants, though as always various strengths, weaknesses, tactics, habits, locales and NPs will determine the final outcome.
Modified by Justicar, Oct 26, 2014 11:37 AM
 
Oct 26, 2014 11:33 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2007
Posts: 23708
JabonHR said:
This is irrelevant, and I'm pretty sure Nasu answered this, but I can't be assed to find the answer at the moment, but how well would Bazett fare against an average Servant?


Read FHA.(and prisma illya)
 
Oct 26, 2014 11:56 AM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 15153
Can't wait to get finished with Fate/stay night so I can read FHA. I'm really enjoying the re-read, but it'll be cool to check out fresh material.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
 
Oct 26, 2014 12:09 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2009
Posts: 17239
Justicar said:
JabonHR said:
This is irrelevant, and I'm pretty sure Nasu answered this, but I can't be assed to find the answer at the moment, but how well would Bazett fare against an average Servant?

There are no "average" Servants, but I think it's clear that Bazett is capable of fighting Servants, though as always various strengths, weaknesses, tactics, habits, locales and NPs will determine the final outcome.
True Assassins are the definition of average.

Avenger is shit.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
 
Oct 26, 2014 12:12 PM
something here

Offline
Joined: Aug 2014
Posts: 10802
F/SN True Assassin was pretty powerful, though. For an Assassin. I mean, B rank strength?
 
Oct 26, 2014 12:14 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2013
Posts: 2834
Bazett and 3rd War Assassin? Ouch.
 
Oct 26, 2014 12:16 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2009
Posts: 17239
InsertPriestHere said:
F/SN True Assassin was pretty powerful, though. For an Assassin. I mean, B rank strength?
But overall?

Got pinned by Kirei and failed to protect Zouken.....Nerfed Saber did a better job in Fate.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
 
Oct 26, 2014 12:17 PM
something here

Offline
Joined: Aug 2014
Posts: 10802
FakePriest said:
InsertPriestHere said:
F/SN True Assassin was pretty powerful, though. For an Assassin. I mean, B rank strength?
But overall?

Got pinned by Kirei and failed to protect Zouken.....Nerfed Saber did a better job in Fate.

Eeeeh fair enough lol.
 
Oct 26, 2014 12:20 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2014
Posts: 10462
FakePriest said:
InsertPriestHere said:
F/SN True Assassin was pretty powerful, though. For an Assassin. I mean, B rank strength?
But overall?

Got pinned by Kirei and failed to protect Zouken.....Nerfed Saber did a better job in Fate.
Only reason his NP didn't work on Kirei was because the dude had no heart to begin with, tho.
Proud founder of The Official Anti-Ging Freecss Fan Club Join now!
Kellhus said:
GuusWayne said:
there is a limit to the suspension of disbelief

And it's the fan that did it. Not the smoking porn reading rubik cube genius rape ape with a magic boat.
 
Oct 26, 2014 12:24 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2009
Posts: 17239
GangstaPriest said:
FakePriest said:
But overall?

Got pinned by Kirei and failed to protect Zouken.....Nerfed Saber did a better job in Fate.
Only reason his NP didn't work on Kirei was because the dude had no heart to begin with, tho.

A non average Servant wouldnt rely on a hax NP to kill a human anyway.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
 
Oct 26, 2014 12:25 PM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 15153
Eh, I thought True Assassin was pretty awesome for the most part. One of my favorite aspects of the route, in fact.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
 
Oct 26, 2014 12:40 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2014
Posts: 6843
insan3priest said:
Eh, I thought True Assassin was pretty awesome for the most part. One of my favorite aspects of the route, in fact.


with the whole business of "why Archer didn't just snipe Illya":

inb4 secondaries of HF movies call the fact, that TA didn't kill Shirou instad of leading him to Zouken, a plot hole.
 
Oct 26, 2014 12:41 PM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 15153
Grey-Zone said:
insan3priest said:
Eh, I thought True Assassin was pretty awesome for the most part. One of my favorite aspects of the route, in fact.


inb4 secondaries of HF movies call the fact, that TA didn't kill Shirou instad of leading him to Zouken, a plot hole.


Don't even remember what you are talking about, haha. Well, I'll see when I get to Heaven's Feel.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
 
Oct 26, 2014 12:42 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2014
Posts: 993
i still think its sucks that true assasin
 
Oct 26, 2014 12:42 PM
something here

Offline
Joined: Aug 2014
Posts: 10802
To quote from way back
"how come that ginger kid beat gilgamesh when rider couldnt" inbound.
 
Oct 26, 2014 12:43 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2014
Posts: 6843
insan3priest said:
Don't even remember what you are talking about, haha. Well, I'll see when I get to Heaven's Feel.


Same day as when
 
Oct 26, 2014 12:44 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2009
Posts: 17239
fairypriest said:
i still think its sucks that true assasin
I blame the Shadow.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
 
Oct 26, 2014 12:46 PM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 15153
InsertPriestHere said:
To quote from way back
"how come that ginger kid beat gilgamesh when rider couldnt" inbound.


Yeah, that is definitely going to happen. I think most people will love it, though and, thankfully, Archer actually delivers the final blow.

fairypriest said:
i still think its sucks that true assasin


I thought that was pretty great, to be honest.

Also,

FakePriest said:
I blame the Shadow.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
 
Oct 26, 2014 12:59 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2013
Posts: 5519
So far in the anime:

Animation: Great - god tier

Sound: Great - FX are awesome. Hoping for a bit more from the music in the future.

Characters: Great - Not one character has been worse so far. All have either been just as awesome or improved.

Story: Pending - still too early to guess, but all signs are positive so far.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
 
Oct 26, 2014 1:02 PM
something here

Offline
Joined: Aug 2014
Posts: 10802
mickdrew_99 said:
So far in the anime:

Animation: Great - god tier

Sound: Great - FX are awesome. Hoping for a bit more from the music in the future.

Characters: Great - Not one character has been worse so far. All have either been just as awesome or improved.

Story: Pending - still too early to guess, but all signs are positive so far.

Just for the record, unless you've read the VN I'd probably avoid this thread given that it drops pretty much all the spoilers all over the place.
 
Oct 26, 2014 1:02 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2009
Posts: 17239
So I had this idea.

How about a thread where we list the bad ends(Xerblade's vids) every time the series reaches a "choice event"?

The thread will be similar to the Servant Status thread, updated each ep as long as there was a choice event there.
problem is.. who will do it?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
 
Oct 26, 2014 1:05 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2013
Posts: 5519
InsertPriestHere said:
mickdrew_99 said:
So far in the anime:

Animation: Great - god tier

Sound: Great - FX are awesome. Hoping for a bit more from the music in the future.

Characters: Great - Not one character has been worse so far. All have either been just as awesome or improved.

Story: Pending - still too early to guess, but all signs are positive so far.

Just for the record, unless you've read the VN I'd probably avoid this thread given that it drops pretty much all the spoilers all over the place.


Good advice, but if that's directed at me then you don't have to worry - I already read the VN.

FakePriest said:
So I had this idea.

How about a thread where we list the bad ends(Xerblade's vids) every time the series reaches a "choice event"?

The thread will be similar to the Servant Status thread, updated each ep as long as there was a choice event there.
problem is.. who will do it?


That's actually an awesome idea, It would add a lot to people who haven't yet read the VN but want a more complete experience with the anime.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
 
Oct 26, 2014 1:07 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2014
Posts: 10462
FakePriest said:
So I had this idea.

How about a thread where we list the bad ends(Xerblade's vids) every time the series reaches a "choice event"?

The thread will be similar to the Servant Status thread, updated each ep as long as there was a choice event there.
problem is.. who will do it?
I support it.
Proud founder of The Official Anti-Ging Freecss Fan Club Join now!
Kellhus said:
GuusWayne said:
there is a limit to the suspension of disbelief

And it's the fan that did it. Not the smoking porn reading rubik cube genius rape ape with a magic boat.
 
Oct 26, 2014 1:11 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2014
Posts: 993
FakePriest said:
So I had this idea.

How about a thread where we list the bad ends(Xerblade's vids) every time the series reaches a "choice event"?

The thread will be similar to the Servant Status thread, updated each ep as long as there was a choice event there.
problem is.. who will do it?
as of right now im re-reading ubw to compare so if i have enough time ill do it
Edit: i did it
Modified by Camglo, Oct 26, 2014 2:02 PM
 
Oct 26, 2014 1:55 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2013
Posts: 1610
FakePriest said:
So I had this idea.

How about a thread where we list the bad ends(Xerblade's vids) every time the series reaches a "choice event"?

The thread will be similar to the Servant Status thread, updated each ep as long as there was a choice event there.
problem is.. who will do it?

That sounds pretty cool in theory but I'm just nervous some people will take this as y'all taking it all too far. But no matter, come what may, I suppose.
And I mean that in the most sexually painful way possible.
 
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Top
Pages (196) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »