Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Oct 25, 2014 10:02 AM

Sep 2013
Luna_ said:
Thread Locked.
This thread has exceeded 10k posts so it needs to be locked. Please continue the discussion in the new thread and don't spam there or there will be warnings/bans.

New thread:
http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1344967

First of all, if you have Fate/ related questions, try to use one of these threads first:

FAQ: http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1286059
Q&A: http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1292653

Side info, we have a Servant Status Screens thread.

As you all know, these rules must be followed in the episode discussion threads:

Tyrel said:
[b]THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION THREAD. DO NOT DISCUSS THE VISUAL NOVEL BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
- If you want to discuss (future) events in the VN or Fate/Zero, compare the anime with the VN or Fate/Zero etc. please use a separate thread. This thread is only about this episode / this anime.

For more information see also the Anime Series Episode Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.[/b]

Well, this is the thread where you can do all of the above listed things that you can't do. SPOILERS ALL means, this thread is for those who wish to talk about the anime and speculate or compare it to the VN, Fate/Zero or other FSN UBW related works. Of course you can also discuss the episodes here, without any limitations. You don't need to tag anything here, so for those who only have anime knowledge, be warned:

We will talk about events of a ten year old Visual Novel that was completely translated six years ago.

I think there should still be some rules:

[color=red]
- Do not spam in this thread. This isn't a chat thread or your twitter.
- No piracy talk.
- Trolling/baiting will not be tolerated.
- Negative and differing opinions are of course welcome, but watch your language.
- No waifu/shipping wars here. We have other threads for this.
- I think that's obvious, but this is a FSN discussion thread. If it doesn't have anything to do with FSN, don't talk about it here. That includes other Type-Moon works, if they are not related to FSN UBW.
[/color]

Btw, do me a favor and use the spoiler tags if you post a few pictures. Tag large pics in general too, please.

I'm not a mod, so I can't enforce these rules, but I and the others here should use the report function and contact the mods if the derails get out of hand or if someone here is overly rude and/or starts insulting others.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So, let's talk about the newest episode.

As promised before, this episode has new original scenes that weren't in the VN and holy shit, there were a ton. Nasu wasn't kidding in the Complete Materials when he said Berserker is a hand-to-hand combat expert.

Was that Pankration? Quick, ssjokg, tell me. You're the Greek here. ;D

I also love how Archer drew Caladbolg II, which was a nice nod to the Japanese art of archery.

And I don't think Caladbolg II took a life of Berserker's away in the VN. Herk hit Archer's strongest attack away like it was nothing and it didn't even scratch him. And the powerlevel discussions start...

That said...

I wonder how many people will say FZ Berserker is totally stronger than Herk as Berserker.

[color=red]Mod Edit: I will recognize this thread as the OFFICIAL place where you can discuss anything fate related. Due to the ongoing spoilers, F/Z, etc talk in episode discussion threads, it's better if you talk about it here if you have any question or something related that may spoil the episode(s) for people who don't want to be spoiled.[/color]
CapsuleCoreJan 17, 2015 12:09 PM
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (196) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Oct 25, 2014 10:10 AM

Jul 2007
I love all the nods to Kuro in the Illya's original scene. THe fact that
makes me giddy.
Oct 25, 2014 10:10 AM
Jul 2014
I was thinking of creating one of these threads but thought it was either unnecessary or you guys could do it...

CorePriest said:
And I don't think Caladbolg II took a life of Berserker's away in the VN. Herc hit Archer's strongest attack away like it was nothing and it didn't even scratch him. And the powerlevel discussions start...
Saber also didn't take a life either, but it doesn't matter considering what happens later..
Sloth-Oct 25, 2014 10:13 AM
I'M GONE NOW
Oct 25, 2014 10:12 AM

Jul 2007
SlothPriest said:
I was thinking of creating one of these threads but thought it was either unnecessary or you guys could do it...

The way I am taking to seeing it is that :
Oct 25, 2014 10:16 AM

Sep 2013
I will have to rewatch that part later, as I don't remember in detail how that attack looked like, but Fai might be right.
Oct 25, 2014 10:18 AM

Jul 2007
CorePriest said:
I will have to rewatch that part later, as I don't remember in detail how that attack looked like, but Fai might be right.

http://i.4cdn.org/a/1414253904985.webm

You see IA piercing Bahsaka's handjust before its taken off and she blasts him.
Oct 25, 2014 10:19 AM
Jul 2014
CookingPriest said:
CorePriest said:

http://i.4cdn.org/a/1414253904985.webm

You see IA piercing Bahsaka's handjust before its taken off and she blasts him.
what about the scratches before that? I don't think that pushing would cause scratches like those...
I'M GONE NOW
Oct 25, 2014 10:20 AM

Aug 2009
No, Core, that was breakdancing.But I am sure any "ideas" Herc got to do that was because Mad Enhancement affecting his Pankration skills.

But if Archer didnt take one his lifes why did Ilya congratulate them?For ruining the place?

As for IA...well as I said the blast is ok,perfectly fine with the power levels but any wounds before that...well Fai's explanation doesnt have any visual confirmation.

And Archer's grin REALLY looked like Kirei's.
Oct 25, 2014 10:24 AM

Jul 2007
FakePriest said:
well Fai's explanation doesnt have any visual confirmation.

Oct 25, 2014 10:29 AM

Oct 2014
Didn't the "broken Phantasm" aspect only show itself when the "projectile" exploded?

Basically:

A rank NP -> downgrade to B rank -> B rank NP explodes -> A rank "explosion" that penetrates God Hand

But maybe what I said is just BS, as I didn't see more than those GIFs yet.

And I agree with Fai on IA breaking through God's hand being due to the "C-rank-coating" being broken through by the actual A-Rank NP. Otherwise Caster's reasons for wanting Saber to fight against BerserCAR would have been completely wrong.
Oct 25, 2014 10:30 AM

Aug 2009
CookingPriest said:
FakePriest said:
well Fai's explanation doesnt have any visual confirmation.

I dont know....Kinda confusing.
I mean, you have Str rank A but a rank B NP.
GH nullifies.

You have Str below A, and a NP above A that is covered by a NP that is below A.
GH doesnt do anything?
Oct 25, 2014 10:34 AM

Jul 2007
FakePriest said:
CookingPriest said:

I dont know....Kinda confusing.
I mean, you have Str rank A but a rank B NP.
GH nullifies.

You have Str below A, and a NP above A that is covered by a NP that is below A.
GH doesnt do anything?

Yes, because GH is based on power of legend, not power of power.

GH does stuff for IA, but not for the thing behind IA. So the thing is blunter, but pushes IA through or destroys IA for seconds upon clash, both being likely.
Oct 25, 2014 10:38 AM

Aug 2012
CorePriest said:

Funny thing,i predicted this in last week's discussion.
CrankyRIPOct 25, 2014 10:58 AM
"There’s a wall between the normal and the abnormal—that way of thinking was wrong from the beginning. Of course, you have to differentiate between the normal and the abnormal, and you won’t be able to live if you don’t, but this and that are like bordering countries—over here and over there are connected." ~Senjougahara Hitagi~
Oct 25, 2014 11:07 AM

Sep 2014
CrankyPriest said:
CorePriest said:

Funny thing,i predicted this in last week's discussion.

Well done :3
The sun is a deadly laser
Oct 25, 2014 11:29 AM

Sep 2013
FakePriest said:
No, Core, that was breakdancing.But I am sure any "ideas" Herc got to do that was because Mad Enhancement affecting his Pankration skills.

But if Archer didnt take one his lifes why did Ilya congratulate them?For ruining the place?

As for IA...well as I said the blast is ok,perfectly fine with the power levels but any wounds before that...well Fai's explanation doesnt have any visual confirmation.

In the VN Ilya was simply impressed by that attack. It really was just Berserker being based and destroying the BP with his axe-sword before it could hit him.

The way I see it is that IA shouldn't be able to hurt Berserker usually, as the sheath is still a C-Rank NP, doesn't matter whether Saber theoretically possesses A-Rank strength. God Hand just simply rejects the attack because of its concept. I'll watch the episode again and maybe read up the CMs before I comment any further on this.

Btw, who else thought of Carnival Phantasm, when...

...this happened? You know, episode 5, department store... squashed Caster...
Oct 25, 2014 11:30 AM

Apr 2012
Why didn't Saber recognize Berserker when she fought him like 10 years ago? And why did he take off his armour? Why didn't he just grab excalibur like he did against Gilgamesh and make it his own weapon?

So many plotholes WTF.
As a child, I was told that society is a melting pot of talents; knowledge and experience combined to form important alloys that will contribute to mankind. When I got to highschool, however, I thought that it's more like a river in which the water represents our peers while we ourselves are the stones in the river. Constant erosion by mindless majority sheeping has made us lose our unique edge. After I hit the age of 18, I realized that I've been wrong all along. Society is no melting pot. Society is no river. Society is a person, a very skilled rapist, and he has fucked us all.
Oct 25, 2014 11:31 AM

Jul 2007
CorePriest said:
doesn't matter whether Saber theoretically possesses A-Rank strength. God Hand just simply rejects the attack because of its concept. I'll watch the episode again and maybe read up the CMs before I comment any further on this.

I'd say its less of the rank of strength being matter there and more of the rank of the thing that hides behind IA that matters here - so IA is nothing more than something in between.
Oct 25, 2014 11:34 AM

Aug 2009
CorePriest said:
FakePriest said:

In the VN Ilya was simply impressed by that attack. It really was just Berserker being based and destroying the BP with his axe-sword before it could hit him.

The way I see it is that IA shouldn't be able to hurt Berserker usually, as the sheath is still a C-Rank NP, doesn't matter whether Saber theoretically possesses A-Rank strength. God Hand just simply rejects the attack because of its concept. I'll watch the episode again and maybe read up the CMs before I comment any further on this.

Well I, and it looks like others as well, saw it differently.

Basically my problem with IA in the ep.
Oct 25, 2014 11:37 AM

Sep 2013
BloodRequiem said:
Why didn't Saber recognize Berserker when she fought him like 10 years ago? And why did he take off his armour? Why didn't he just grab excalibur like he did against Gilgamesh and make it his own weapon?

So many plotholes WTF.

Berserker gained some muscles, that's why he couldn't wear the armor anymore. He also decided that stone is much cooler than steel or he just thought he can beat Saber with his breakdancing, I mean capoeira, I mean whatever-hand-to-hand technique alone. Saber recognized him, she just became a bit more like Kiritsugu, who didn't like to talk. See? No plotholes.

Berserker also loves to play ball:

Oct 25, 2014 11:40 AM

Jul 2007
XD

That gif will give mirakura a heart attack :<
Oct 25, 2014 11:43 AM

Sep 2014
CookingPriest said:
XD

That gif will give mirakura a heart attack :<

I thought I've explained my sadism :V That gif's glorious. And she still survived it all...........dat Seiba. Also

#Berserkerandhisdolly

CorePriest said:
FakePriest said:

Even so, Invisible Air gives more precision. I think you guys are forgetting that. You're also underestimating it

fate said:
A barrier that renders the blade hidden by entangling it with layers of wind, and altering the light refraction rate. It is closer to a sorcery than a Noble Phantasm. By using this barrier, Altria can attack without the opponent recognising the sword’s reach and trajectory. Since concealing one’s Noble Phantasm also conceals one’s true identity, Invisible Air was highly effective at the early stages of the Holy Grail War. It also has other advantages such as increasing attack power and accuracy. Entangling the sword with wind and using the wind as the blade enhances the attack power, while having an “invisible weapon” provides an advantage in accuracy. (Translator’s Note: It is probably more “decreasing opponent's evasion” in RPG terms.) Since the advantage of Invisible Air lies in “invisibility”, the accuracy increase will not occur while engaging opponents who possess Eye of the Mind or do not depend on vision.
In the Fourth Holy Grail War, Altria unleashed the condensed air and used it as a long-range weapon that mauls down groups of enemies --- “The Iron Mallet of the Wind King”.

It's generally more of a skill than an NP, hence it's low ranking.
mira-pyonOct 25, 2014 11:53 AM
Oct 25, 2014 11:52 AM

Aug 2014
Let's discuss;

How GAR was this moment out of 10? I say GAR/10.
Oct 25, 2014 11:53 AM

Sep 2014
InsertPriestHere said:
Let's discuss;

How GAR was this moment out of 10? I say GAR/10.

GAR/INFINITY
Oct 25, 2014 12:00 PM

Jul 2007
sorry

Illya's swords were far more important for me.

It makes me wait for :

in Herz all the more.
Oct 25, 2014 12:01 PM

Sep 2013
mirakura said:

That doesn't matter at all because God Hand is a ridiculous concept. There's even an example stating that God Hand will greatly reduce the attack, even if that attack is world destroying, if it's B rank or lower, GH will just reject it.

If you don't believe me, go to BL and ask them. I'm pretty sure they will give you the same answer.
CapsuleCoreOct 25, 2014 12:05 PM
Oct 25, 2014 12:06 PM

Aug 2009
Maybe it's as Fai says, IA is"pushed away" by Herc's body and then Excalibur hits him....

I liked how they made the connection between Shirou and Archer here by using the magic circuits and an image of Archer's hand..Instead of the loud bass that deen used.

Did Kuzuki actually comment about Saber in the VN?I hope we dont have any "new student walks into classroom" scenes next time.
Oct 25, 2014 12:08 PM

Sep 2013

Looks not like Strike Air to me. Looks like a golden sword.
Oct 25, 2014 12:09 PM

Oct 2014
CorePriest said:
There's even an example stating that God Hand will greatly reduce the attack, even if that attack is world destroying, if it's B rank or lower, GH will just reject it.

That reminds me that some Servants, like Lancer, have not even a single attack that can even hurt Berserker at all...
Oct 25, 2014 12:10 PM

Sep 2013
Grey-Zone said:
CorePriest said:
There's even an example stating that God Hand will greatly reduce the attack, even if that attack is world destroying, if it's B rank or lower, GH will just reject it.

That reminds me that some Servants, like Lancer, have not even a single attack that can even hurt Berserker at all...

Well, Lancer can supposedly buff Gae Bolg with runes to make it A-Rank, but afterwards he'd be screwed.

Jun 2009
Seeing Rin manhandling Shirou was pretty cool, but it's also neat because it's sort of foreshadows her
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia

Jul 2007
FakePriest said:
Maybe it's as Fai says, IA is"pushed away" by Herc's body and then Excalibur hits him....

Yeah, the way I see its either that or EX itself being there, simply pushes IA through goodhand(since the ex can hit while IA can't, so its more akin to Saber slashing at berserker with ex through a bunch of stone for example)

CorePriest said:

Looks not like Strike Air to me. Looks like a beam.

Not about tha tmoment.

Look at when she slashes him before that multiple times. Or when she stabs his hand.

insan3priest said:
Seeing Rin manhandling Shirou was pretty cool, but it's also neat because it's sort of foreshadows her

It also very nicely establishes the fact that magi should be generally built as fuck to handle magic.
Oct 25, 2014 12:17 PM

Apr 2012
I don't remember Saber killing Berserker.

It was just her almost getting shat on until Archer pulled his asshole move.

UFO retcon?
As a child, I was told that society is a melting pot of talents; knowledge and experience combined to form important alloys that will contribute to mankind. When I got to highschool, however, I thought that it's more like a river in which the water represents our peers while we ourselves are the stones in the river. Constant erosion by mindless majority sheeping has made us lose our unique edge. After I hit the age of 18, I realized that I've been wrong all along. Society is no melting pot. Society is no river. Society is a person, a very skilled rapist, and he has fucked us all.
Oct 25, 2014 12:20 PM

Aug 2009
BloodRequiem said:

UFO retcon?

Ufo or su..who knows....Hey it looks cool so..
Oct 25, 2014 12:21 PM

Jul 2007
BloodRequiem said:

UFO retcon?

THey had to explain his NP somehow.

And the fact was nondescript enough for that to happen offscreen.
Oct 25, 2014 12:38 PM
Jan 2012
shouldnt beserker have lost a life from caladbolg? or am i missing something?
Oct 25, 2014 12:42 PM

Apr 2012
AllTJAck said:

He deflected the shot before it hit him.
Oct 25, 2014 12:42 PM

Aug 2009
AllTJAck said:

It is A rank so he should.

Rin SEEs him without wounds, that doesnt mean he didnt die and regenerated.

Btw how do Japanese say A Rank?Because, yeah Rin said, ESU rank.Or is it ACE?
Oct 25, 2014 12:46 PM

Apr 2012
RinPriest said:
AllTJAck said:

He probably did but since his ability twelve labors gives him 12 lives, at max he lost 2 in this fight and Illya can regenerate them fairly easily over the couple of days, hence why she gives the "I give no fucks" look while she walks out after berserker loses a few of his lives.

0.42. He deflected the arrow so it didn't kill him.
Oct 25, 2014 12:50 PM

Apr 2014
i need someone to spoil me real quick is shirou going to the ryuudou temple next eps if so are they going to meet
Oct 25, 2014 12:53 PM

Sep 2014
CorePriest said:
mirakura said:

That doesn't matter at all because God Hand is a ridiculous concept. There's even an example stating that God Hand will greatly reduce the attack, even if that attack is world destroying, if it's B rank or lower, GH will just reject it.

If you don't believe me, go to BL and ask them. I'm pretty sure they will give you the same answer.

Well, I honestly was just finding an excuse. Maybe Nasu said something about it in his tweets. If there were any, that is.
CorePriest said:

Looks not like Strike Air to me. Looks like a golden sword.

Mini-excaliblast? :3
Oct 25, 2014 12:55 PM

Apr 2012
fairypriest said:
i need someone to spoil me real quick is shirou going to the ryuudou temple next eps if so are they going to meet

[spoiler]He doesn't go until he fights Rin and Rider and seeing how next episode is Unlimited Senpai Cooking Works I don't think it's going to happen until at least episode 5 or 6.
Oct 25, 2014 12:57 PM

Sep 2013
fairypriest said:
No.
Oct 25, 2014 1:00 PM

Sep 2014
BloodRequiem said:
fairypriest said:

[spoiler]He doesn't go until he fights Rin and Rider and seeing how next episode is Unlimited Senpai Cooking Works I don't think it's going to happen until at least episode 5 or 6.
[/quote]

In other news, next episode: Unlimited Moe Works, starring our dearest kingu-chan.
Oct 25, 2014 1:01 PM

Aug 2009
BloodRequiem said:
RinPriest said:

He probably did but since his ability twelve labors gives him 12 lives, at max he lost 2 in this fight and Illya can regenerate them fairly easily over the couple of days, hence why she gives the "I give no fucks" look while she walks out after berserker loses a few of his lives.

0.42. He deflected the arrow so it didn't kill him.
Yeah but the blast should still have the power of A rank BP.
Oct 25, 2014 1:02 PM

Apr 2014
BloodRequiem said:
fairypriest said:

ok thanks as one of the few people that enjoy the cooking scenes i will enjoy next eps
Oct 25, 2014 1:02 PM

Jul 2011
mirakura said:
BloodRequiem said:

In other news, next episode: Unlimited Moe Works, starring our dearest kingu-chan.[/quote]
That would be lame
Oct 25, 2014 1:04 PM

Apr 2012
Praland said:
mirakura said:

In other news, next episode: Unlimited Moe Works, starring our dearest kingu-chan.

That would be lame[/quote]

>Implying that this whole anime isn't lame
Fucking highschool kids moeblob instead of F/Z cool Kitsurugi darkness trenchcoat
Oct 25, 2014 1:04 PM

Jun 2009
I'm embarrassed to ask this when I read this just a few days ago. But, about Shirou spitting up blood at the end
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Oct 25, 2014 1:05 PM

Jan 2014
insan3priest said:
I'm embarrassed to ask this when I read this just a few days ago. But, about Shirou spitting up blood at the end

No, in the VN, he just faints.

Spitting up blood is much more serious. Because it means he has internal wound.
Oct 25, 2014 1:06 PM

Apr 2012
TBH I would have liked to see Archer twist Caladbolg before shooting it.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (196) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 25, 2014

1042 by Alice_Huxley »»
Feb 13, 4:23 PM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 18, 2014

856 by Alice_Huxley »»
Feb 13, 3:14 PM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 27, 2014

2751 by keynutil »»
Jan 29, 9:06 AM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 20, 2014

903 by keynutil »»
Jan 29, 5:00 AM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 13, 2014

1630 by SanessyAdversary »»
Jan 19, 12:54 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.