Forum Settings
Forums

Limit Fate/Stay Night discussion to threads pertaining to Fate/Stay Night

New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Oct 25, 2014 8:02 AM

Jan 2013
FakePriest said:
SolviteSekai said:

This thread is about Fate discussion derailing all the popular threads on the forums, and that shit is really happening.
]
As I said that will happen in threads were FSN IS part of the discussion.
You CANT blame the fans for being more in number and/or more vocal than other fans.

You can follow the rules of the forum though.

BTW, a thread about Shingeki no Bahamut is totally about fate stay night right?

Oct 25, 2014 8:02 AM
Jul 2014
SolviteSekai said:
SlothPriest said:
I've seen à few links about the Lotr derail but other than that... I may have missed them.

...wut..?

Go look through the thread. If you didnt even read the entire thread why are you even posting?
I saw 1 link that gave an example. the rest is in the appropriate subforums. I read the majority of the thread and skimmed over that link.

I'm posting because of the attacks against the priests, if that wasn't obvious enough.
I'M GONE NOW
Oct 25, 2014 8:03 AM

Dec 2013
Z4k said:
robis798 said:

Well of course, I agree. So if priests should get some penalties, that dude should get the same.

So if someone doesn't like something and his opinion is different than yours that person should be penalized? Do you even realize what you just wrote?

Do you realize what you wrote? I am only saying 'if'. The overall penalization is absurd and it won't be used, but IF the priests should be punished for what they do then the troll who shit posts should also be punished.

I just can't believe people keep defending some troll, like what he does is better than priests who most of the time just denies some bullshit some people post. These are discussion forums after all, we can't be like ''This show is utter shit'' - ''Hm... I am not a moderator so I cannot reply to him to tell him to stop posting these bait posts''
Oct 25, 2014 8:03 AM

Jan 2013
SlothPriest said:
SolviteSekai said:

Go look through the thread. If you didnt even read the entire thread why are you even posting?
I saw 1 link that gave an example. the rest is in the appropriate subforums. I read the majority of the thread and skimmed over that link.

I'm posting because of the attacks against the priests, if that wasn't obvious enough.

This thread is not about attacking priests.

Please PM JD or Tsudecimo.
Oct 25, 2014 8:04 AM

Aug 2009
SolviteSekai said:

Stop deflecting the argument with whatever bullshit JD did.

I don't care what JD did. PM him and stop flooding my thread with your opinion on what he did.

Reporting wont do shit.

You take our posts/opinions out of context.Of course I will use him or others.

FFS, just try.If that doesnt work , why dis you even think this thread will work?
Oct 25, 2014 8:05 AM

Jan 2013
FakePriest said:
SolviteSekai said:

Stop deflecting the argument with whatever bullshit JD did.

I don't care what JD did. PM him and stop flooding my thread with your opinion on what he did.

Reporting wont do shit.

FFS, just try.If that doesnt work , why dis you even think this thread will work?

Because the suggestion board exists for a reason.

Does my ability to make a thread upset you so much that you have to come here and tell me how i shouldnt have made it?

I mean, I'm pretty sure ill get banned because I always do, despite me just making a freaking suggestion.

But just report the thread or whatever.

I don't care how you feel about Fate. I don't care how you feel about JD, or him baiting, or trolling.

I don't care about any of that.

This is a suggestion thread. I am not required to defend my suggestion to a regular poster.
Oct 25, 2014 8:06 AM

Aug 2009
SolviteSekai said:
FakePriest said:
As I said that will happen in threads were FSN IS part of the discussion.
You CANT blame the fans for being more in number and/or more vocal than other fans.

No it isnt but best anime of 2014,worst anime of 2014, industry and others are.

SolviteSekai said:
FakePriest said:

Because the suggestion board exists for a reason.

Does my ability to make a thread upset you so much that you have to come here and tell me how i shouldnt have made it?

I mean, I'm pretty sure ill get banned because I always do, despite me just making a freaking suggestion.

But just report the thread or whatever.

I don't care how you feel about Fate. I don't care how you feel about JD, or him baiting, or trolling.

I don't care about any of that.

This is a suggestion thread. I am not required to defend my suggestion to a regular poster.
FFS all of that have nothing to do with what I just said.
Oct 25, 2014 8:08 AM

Jan 2013
FakePriest said:
SolviteSekai said:

I dont care about those threads. Practically every thread that becomes active turns into your personal chat room, despite you having your club or whatever.

If this suggestion wont do anything (it wont, mods dont care about suggestions) why are you trying so hard to argue against it?
Oct 25, 2014 8:10 AM

Aug 2009
SolviteSekai said:
FakePriest said:

I dont care about those threads. Practically every thread that becomes active turns into your personal chat room, despite you having your club or whatever.

If this suggestion wont do anything (it wont, mods dont care about suggestions) why are you trying so hard to argue against it?

Yet you mentioned them.

As I said we get carried away.It's not an excuse but we dont do it intentionally just to piss off people.
Oct 25, 2014 8:11 AM

Jan 2013
FakePriest said:
SolviteSekai said:

Yet you mentioned them.

As I said we get carried away.It's not an excuse but we dont do it intentionally just to piss off people.

I don't think you do.

Of all people you should know i never agree with tsudecimo.

Nobody should be banned, mal just needs better board culture.

Edit: If anyone were to be banned, i dont think it should be "the priests".

It should be anyone, on either side, who is just trying to start an argument, whether that be via baiting, insults, shaming, what have you.
Oct 25, 2014 8:12 AM

Aug 2009
You mentioned our club that why I said the last part.
Oct 25, 2014 8:14 AM

Jan 2013
FakePriest said:
You mentioned our club that why I said the last part.

at times when stuff gets heated i make mistakes, but i stand by the fact that ive been saying all along that this thread isnt about whether or not fate stay night sucks or if all of the priests are douchebags.

You cant fault an entire group of people for the actions of a few.
Oct 25, 2014 8:44 AM

Oct 2014
Definitly the derails are a problem, I got pulled into that as well, I have to admit, but all the other complains are mostly untrue.

Can't say anything about F/sn people posting in other threads, as I don't have an account for very long here in MAL (because I always considered MAL too toxic in the past, but for certain reasons I decided to make an account anyway).
Oct 25, 2014 9:45 AM

Jun 2010
This thread is getting nowhere. We said everything that had to be said on pg1 and it's now on the 7th.
So, can we talk about how Illya is best girl and Kaleid is best fate?

Grey-Zone said:
(because I always considered MAL too toxic in the past, but for certain reasons I decided to make an account anyway).

It's getting worse, buddy. Run while you can.
Oct 25, 2014 9:46 AM

Jan 2013
xbobx said:
This thread is getting nowhere. We said everything that had to be said on pg1 and it's now on the 7th.
So, can we talk about how Illya is best girl and Kaleid is best fate?

Grey-Zone said:
(because I always considered MAL too toxic in the past, but for certain reasons I decided to make an account anyway).

It's getting worse, buddy. Run while you can.

im desperately trying to find someone to delete this thread before the hammer falls
Oct 25, 2014 10:21 AM

Sep 2014
SolviteSekai said:
How is that bait? they did put fan service in. If you dont like it fuck off.

SolviteSekai said:
No. Follow the fucking rules.

SolviteSekai said:
If you are so fanboy about it that you literally cant handle someone saying it has too much fan service, how in the name of fuck are you going to deal with real issues in your life?

SolviteSekai said:
IDK who you know on the mod team, but they do a fucking amazing job protecting you because ive had kineta admit you were trolling to my face before and nothing happened to you.

You want other people to follow the rules, but look at the mess your posts are. You never seem to have anything to agree with other people to begin with - everytime someone disagrees with you, you just start arguing vehemently and cursing so much to the point it's unpleasant to read your posts.

If this much cursing in an argument isn't against the rules - i.e. it definitely exceeds a PG-13 rating -, then I don't know what is anymore.

EDIT: Regarding spoilers, most priests/vn readers I've seen actually seem to use spoiler tags properly. It's generally people who didn't read the novel that openly talk about F/Z events and such. We're also most likely the vast majority of those who report spoilers and warn the users. I know I do that every time I see a spoiler without a tag.
FlamepriesTOct 25, 2014 11:03 AM
Oct 25, 2014 10:50 AM

Jun 2014
I just read 7 pages and I'll just be responding to opening post.

SolviteSekai said:
This stupid shit is getting so out of hand.

Open a thread about Shingeki no Bahamut: 4 pages talking about how Fate is better than Shingeki no Bahamut

Open a best anime of 2014 thread: Fate/Stay Night fans raging about how anyone voted for anything but fate stay night.

Open worst anime of 2014 thread: Fate/Stay Night fans raging that someone voted for fate/stay night

Open thread about Anime getting bigger in the industry: 5 pages of fate/stay night fans saying it will get bigger this year because of Fate/Stay Night.

Open Visual Novel thread: Fate Stay Night

Imply you find fate stay night decent but not perfect: trolled

Say you think X anime from this season is better than fate stay night: trolled

This isnt a fate stay night forum.

Why the fuck are these people allowed to shit on every single thread, bait and troll whoever simply because UBW is airing right now?

Subjective I guess.

"This stupid shit is getting so out of hand." - Hmm, derailment I guess?

"Open a thread about Shingeki no Bahamut: 4 pages talking about how Fate is better than Shingeki no Bahamut" - Well fans are passionate it seems.

Well fans don't like FSN being "worst anime ever" I guess.

They are projecting positive output for FSN due to it having quality that appealed to them and hence may appeal to the general populace it seems.

Well it's called an "OPEN VN thread" for a reason so yeah FSN I guess.

Well I cannot speak for all but "Imply you find fate stay night decent but not perfect: trolled" is dependent on how the implying was made I guess.

"Say you think X anime from this season is better than fate stay night: trolled" is dependent again on the wording I guess.

"This isnt a fate stay night forum." Uh huh.

"Why the fuck are these people allowed to shit on every single thread, bait and troll whoever simply because UBW is airing right now?" Subjective IMO.
Oct 25, 2014 11:05 AM

Jul 2013
Okay this is crazy.

Needless anger and insults aside, let's leave it at this, because I believe this was the original point of this thread or something of the sort; do something about anyone who will cause a shitstorm, whether it's an overzealous fan or a blatant troll. It's not like one "side" is more right than the other. Anyone who causes a needless shitstorm should be dealt with appropriately.

Can we all agree on that?
And I mean that in the most sexually painful way possible.
Oct 25, 2014 11:07 AM

Jun 2014
JabonHR said:
Okay this is crazy.

Needless anger and insults aside, let's leave it at this, because I believe this was the original point of this thread or something of the sort; do something about anyone who will cause a shitstorm, whether it's an overzealous fan or a blatant troll. It's not like one "side" is more right than the other. Anyone who causes a needless shitstorm should be dealt with appropriately.

This is reasonable.
Oct 25, 2014 11:17 AM

May 2014
i agree, the f/sn board is out of control.

and the priests are just one giant circle jerk, using cryptic insults to avoid moderation like calling people "secondaries" whatever thats supposed to mean
Kenjataimu mode status: 恒久
Oct 25, 2014 11:19 AM

Jun 2014
OnlyTemporary said:
and the priests are just one giant circle jerk, using cryptic insults to avoid moderation like calling people "secondaries" whatever thats supposed to mean

UNDERLINED PART smh.
JabonHR said:
Okay this is crazy.

Oct 25, 2014 11:27 AM

May 2014
my bad for pointing out a problem ive seen. guess im just supposed to ignore it
Kenjataimu mode status: 恒久
Oct 25, 2014 11:47 AM

Jan 2013
JabonHR said:
Okay this is crazy.

this.

but instead this thread is just getting flamed because theres so many fate stay night elitists that they can mass dump threads even.

dunno why i bothered.
Oct 25, 2014 11:49 AM

Sep 2014
OnlyTemporary said:

OnlyTemporary said:

Coming from a guy who admits to rating the UBW prologue as 1 just to keep his favorite shows among the top w/e, this is not surprising. Of course, you're not going to be welcome.

And if I recall correctly, you also said F/Z didn't spoil F/SN at all without having read the novel. In other words, you didn't know a thing about HF and still felt entitled to disregard what everyone who read the novel were saying to newcomers over and over again. How is it surprising that you get called a secondary after behaving like that?

It's easy to say the F/SN forum is out of control when you only come by to make it worse. Don't expect people to be reasonable if you're not doing it yourself.

SolviteSekai said:
JabonHR said:
Okay this is crazy.

this.

but instead this thread is just getting flamed because theres so many fate stay night elitists that they can mass dump threads even.

dunno why i bothered.

I mean no offense, but it's more like you turned it into a flame war with all that swearing. You're talking about elitists and whatnot, but my posts here were all reasonable. But instead of having a reasonable discussion, you dismissed my posts for some reason and began a curse fest.

Anyway, I'm done with this thread too.
FlamepriesTOct 25, 2014 11:57 AM
Oct 25, 2014 11:51 AM

Dec 2012
I think it won't be fair unless a punishment is laid out for the priests and the VN guys, I mean some of them are literally joining this site for the sake of the F/SN forums, so they obviously don't give a shit for the forum guidelines.
Oct 25, 2014 11:58 AM

Jan 2013
FlameseeK said:
OnlyTemporary said:

OnlyTemporary said:

Coming from a guy who admits to rating the UBW prologue as 1 just to keep his favorite shows among the top w/e, this is not surprising. Of course, you're not going to be welcome.

And if I recall correctly, you also said F/Z didn't spoil F/SN at all without having read the novel. In other words, you didn't know a thing about HF and still felt entitled to disregard what everyone who read the novel were saying to newcomers over and over again. How is it surprising that you get called a secondary after behaving like that?

It's easy to say the F/SN forum is out of control when you only come by to make it worse. Don't expect people to be reasonable if you're not doing it yourself.

Calling people words like secondaries makes you look like an elitist pretty hardcore.
Oct 25, 2014 12:01 PM

Jan 2013
damastah said:
OnlyTemporary said:

UNDERLINED PART smh.
JabonHR said:
Okay this is crazy.

No, im not going to leave it at that btw.

No matter how many priests/whoever/tsudecimos come here and derail my thread, you will not FORCE me to stop saying things should change.

I'm pretty stubborn, so no amount of bullying is going to make me decide its not a problem.
Oct 25, 2014 12:09 PM

Aug 2009
tsudecimo said:
I think it won't be fair unless a punishment is laid out for the priests and the VN guys, I mean some of them are literally joining this site for the sake of the F/SN forums, so they obviously don't give a shit for the forum guidelines.
Give me a break tsudecimo.

The non VN reader/fans arent innocent either.Stop acting us if the fans are solely at fault.
Oct 25, 2014 12:20 PM

Sep 2014
SolviteSekai said:
Please stop derailing the threads with your fate stay night fanboying.

If you want to argue that fate stay night is good, go to the fate stay night board.

Also calling people words like secondaries makes you look like an elitist pretty hardcore.

Look, you derailed your thread yourself with all the unreasonable flaming and cursing that you started. I didn't have anything to do with that. If you can't respect other people, how do you expect people to take you seriously?
Oct 25, 2014 12:25 PM

Jan 2013
FlameseeK said:
SolviteSekai said:
Please stop derailing the threads with your fate stay night fanboying.

If you want to argue that fate stay night is good, go to the fate stay night board.

Also calling people words like secondaries makes you look like an elitist pretty hardcore.

Look, you derailed your thread yourself with all the unreasonable flaming and cursing that you started. I didn't have anything to do with that. If you can't respect other people, how do you expect people to take you seriously?

I didn't start the flaming tsudecimo aND jd did.

And if you can't handle cursing I advice you log off the internet.
Oct 25, 2014 12:31 PM

Mar 2013
But the plebes need enlightenment.

Who better than a priest to preach the gospel? Perhaps one day every hotel room will have a copy of F/SN in the bedside table, but until then, their good work is necessary.
Oct 25, 2014 12:39 PM

Jan 2013
fst said:
But the plebes need enlightenment.

Who better than a priest to preach the gospel? Perhaps one day every hotel room will have a copy of F/SN in the bedside table, but until then, their good work is necessary.

thank you

a little non whiney humor is welcome in this thread
Oct 25, 2014 1:20 PM

Oct 2007
Mod staff told me that I can go to them and report these sorts of things which I have for this weeks episode where it's already starting again where some guy criticizes some inconsistencies with how a characters abilities are defined and gets flamed instantly and jumped all over for even suggesting it. Personally I don't know why it's allowed either, it's just outrageous what some of these so-called fans are getting away with and I think action definitely needs to be taken. They're just out of control and on some kind of bizarre power trip of strength through numbers with nobody to provide any sort of check or balance on how far the can go. It's beyond just appreciation of a franchise, it's people just being outright terrible human beings to others and abusing their posting privileges.

Anyway the Fate forum is pretty much a joke for sure. It gives off this members only club feel and isn't very inviting at all. If the fanbases aim is to actually build the franchise and get people more interested in why they like it as they claim then they could not be going about it any more the wrong way if they tried. I almost kind of feel sorry for the otherwise good and decent people that I know are in there somewhere trying to just have a good time and enjoy the show being drowned out by the shitposting of the Priest Cult.
PeacingOutOct 25, 2014 1:25 PM
Oct 25, 2014 1:21 PM

Jan 2013
Kaioshin_Sama said:
Mod staff told me that I can go to them and report these sorts of things which I have for this weeks episode where it's already starting again where some guy criticizes some inconsistencies with how a characters abilities are defined and gets flamed instantly and jumped all over for even suggesting it. Personally I don't know why it's allowed either, it's just outrageous what some of these so-called fans are getting away with and I think action definitely needs to be taken. They're just out of control and on some kind of bizarre power trip of strength through numbers with nobody to provide any sort of check or balance on how far the can go. It's beyond just appreciation of a franchise, it's people just being outright terrible human beings to others and abusing their posting privileges.

at least with sword art online it was the SAO fanboys being shamed, which led them to kind of keep to themselves.

Fate Stay Night has become a headhunt.

Submit to Fate being best anime or get blitzed on.
Oct 25, 2014 1:25 PM

Aug 2009
Kaioshin_Sama said:
What you say never happened.

It is ONE user with bait criticism about thing already explained in the same ep by quotes or animation.
He even uses IRL logic, while he has Jojo in his favs.Sorry that is just plain trolling not criticism.

He tries to force inconsistencies into the script just to get responses and he did.

Yes he will get flamed by ANY fanbase and be reported.

The "terrible human beings" are those that try too hard to make other seem as the offenders when they arent any different.
Oct 25, 2014 1:28 PM

Oct 2007
FakePriest said:
Kaioshin_Sama said:

It is ONE user with bait criticism about thing already explained in the same ep by quotes or animation.
He even uses IRL logic, while he has Jojo in his favs.Sorry that is just plain trolling not criticism.

He tries to force inconsistencies into the script just to get responses and he did.

Yes he will get flames by ANY fanbase and be reported.

The "terrible human beings" are those that try too hard to make other seem as the offenders when they arent any different.

You're of course entitled to your own viewpoint but I think you have absolutely no idea how badly what you people are doing comes across to others. It's like you folks just lack empathy and the ability to see that not everybody is out to get you and the Fate Franchise just because they might have anything other than unconditional praise for it. Perhaps terrible human beings is a bit harsh to say, but you folk really don't come across all that well and yet you don't seem to care either way so.....not much else to be said between us other than at the end of the day is anything really worth defending with such ferocity that it justifies what basically amounts to a witch hunt against these people that get called "secondaries".

It all just strikes me as really unreasonable, like the bottom line is defending the franchise and what you see as it's specific perceived qualities and getting the word out that it's better than x and you don't seem to care who you have to attack en masse, how you come across, and how many people you turn off to the fanbase for the show in the process. Like it's not a good look or representation and I don't know why you people feel the need to take this approach.
PeacingOutOct 25, 2014 1:33 PM
Oct 25, 2014 1:28 PM

Jan 2013
FakePriest said:
Kaioshin_Sama said:

if it didnt happen why are you trying so hard to prove it didnt happen?

Also, stop attacking JD to derail the thread.

How is it ok for you to just constantly berate him. dude hasnt posted in like 8 pages.
Oct 25, 2014 1:30 PM

Oct 2014
Kaioshin_Sama said:

That person started a "discussion" about "realism" in an anime with supernatural elements. This topic NEVER ends well. But not only the priests let their inner fanboys shine. I always see people saying "the priests" as if they were a group that all live in the same house and have the same behaviour and personality. It's generalizing at its best. 90% of the people who critizise the priests are on the same level or even lower.
Oct 25, 2014 1:34 PM

Mar 2013
Kaioshin_Sama said:
FakePriest said:

You're of course entitled to your own viewpoint but I think you have absolutely no idea how badly what you people are doing comes across to others. It's like you folks just lack empathy and the ability to see that not everybody is out to get you and the Fate Franchise just because they might have anything other than unconditional praise for it. Perhaps terrible human beings is a bit harsh to say, but you folk really don't come across all that well and yet you don't seem to care either way so.....not much else to be said between us other than at the end of the day is anything really worth defending with such ferocity that it justifies what basically amounts to a witch hunt against these people that get called "secondaries". It all just strikes me as really unreasonable.

So... kind of like an actual religion?
Oct 25, 2014 1:36 PM

Oct 2007
Grey-Zone said:
Kaioshin_Sama said:

That person started a "discussion" about "realism" in an anime with supernatural elements. This topic NEVER ends well. But not only the priests let their inner fanboys shine. I always see people saying "the priests" as if they were a group that all live in the same house and have the same behaviour and personality. It's generalizing at its best. 90% of the people who critizise the priests are on the same level or even lower.

I don't know to me there's no good defense of their behavior to be had really even if I can sort of see both sides of the argument. Like I see people are trying to come up with reasons and excuses for all of this and turn the tables back around, but I'm still not seeing much justification for why some people need to act the way they do en masse over this franchise towards any perceived "wrong opinion" on it that could be construed as trolling. Like the threads just get filled and bloated with it too and to me it's like if you have that much beef send a PM or argue with them on the wall cause not everybody needs to hear about the Fate fanbase and the shows critics dirty laundry on a constant basis lol.

Like do people want a good series discussion and set of threads on the show that will represent it and what the fans see as it's perceived qualities well or do they just want a clusterfuck of anger, butthurt, tears, rage and mean-spirited jabbing back and forth where if you don't unconditionally love it and just spam 6/5 praises for it then you need to pretty much GTFO. Honestly I find it kind of hard to tell at times.
Oct 25, 2014 1:37 PM

Aug 2009
Kaioshin_Sama said:
FakePriest said:

You're of course entitled to your own viewpoint but I think you have absolutely no idea how badly what you people are doing comes across to others. It's like you folks just lack empathy and the ability to see that not everybody is out to get you and the Fate Franchise just because they might have anything other than unconditional praise for it. Perhaps terrible human beings is a bit harsh to say, but you folk really don't come across all that well and yet you don't seem to care either way so.....not much else to be said between us.

Yeah we are bad for being big fans that respond in troll posts.If that criticism seemed logical to you then there is a problem.

It isnt about liking the series or wanting to see only praise.You keep throwing that around as if it true.You have ignored every and all criticism of the VN that we ever made and just focus on US and not the troll baits.

Not ALL criticism is troll bait, but even you should be able to see the difference.
Like in FZ:Why doesnt Kiritsugu stop time to kill Lancer,Why doesnt Caster bombard them with long range attacks.....
For those I have to assume 1)it's a troll or 2)it's a retard.

IF I know it is 1.I will just report.
2 gets an reply.
Is it that hard to understand?

@Solvite
Because he isnt a casual viewer but a troll?We didnt attack anyone for having an actual opinion.

WHERE DID I even mention JD ffs.
Oct 25, 2014 1:41 PM

Oct 2007
FakePriest said:
Kaioshin_Sama said:

You're of course entitled to your own viewpoint but I think you have absolutely no idea how badly what you people are doing comes across to others. It's like you folks just lack empathy and the ability to see that not everybody is out to get you and the Fate Franchise just because they might have anything other than unconditional praise for it. Perhaps terrible human beings is a bit harsh to say, but you folk really don't come across all that well and yet you don't seem to care either way so.....not much else to be said between us.

Yeah we are bad for being big fans that respond in troll posts.If that criticism seemed logical to you then there is a problem.

It isnt about liking the series or wanting to see only praise.You keep throwing that around as if it true.You have ignored every and all criticism of the VN that we ever made and just focus on US and not the troll baits.

Not ALL criticism is troll bait, but even you should be able to see the difference.
Like in FZ:Why doesnt Kiritsugu stop time to kill Lancer,Why doesnt Caster bombard them with long range attacks.....

2 gets an reply.

@Solvite
Because he isnt a casual viewer but a troll?We didnt attack anyone for having an actual opinion.

Yeah see again you people just don't get it and don't really want to own your own behavior at the same time you expect others to own up to some form of trolling and hating on a show. I don't think there's any more that can be discussed at this juncture. You've said your beef, others have said there's and common ground looks about as far away as the Democrats and Republicans agreeing on a bill in congress. Just doesn't look like it's going to happen when neither side seems to want to listen.

Like it's pretty insane right now, we're pretty much having totally different discussions with you coming at it from the angle of "well such and such was implied about x but as a fan I can say y is the truth" while I'm not even caring about that right now and making an appeal of "well why can't you just try engaging people in normal discussion and be decent about things and take the high ground".
Oct 25, 2014 1:47 PM

Aug 2009
Kaioshin_Sama said:
FakePriest said:

2 gets an reply.

@Solvite

Yeah see again you people just don't get it and don't really want to own your own behavior at the same time you expect others to own up to some form of trolling and hating on a show. I don't think there's any more that can be discussed at this juncture. You've said your beef, others have said there's and common ground looks about as far away as the Democrats and Republicans agreeing on a bill in congress. Just doesn't look like it's going to happen when neither side seems to want to listen.

Like it's pretty insane right now, we're pretty much having totally different discussions with you coming at it from the angle of "well such and such was implied about x but as a fan I can say y is the truth" while I'm not even caring about that right now and making an appeal of "well why can't you just try engaging people in normal discussion and be decent about things and take the high ground".
Too many words for "agree to disagree".

When people will stop trolling fans we will stop replying to them.Is taht hard to understand?
Oct 25, 2014 1:55 PM

Oct 2007
fst said:
Should I comment on the irony of an elitist criticizing somebody else for being an elitist?

Whoops, I just did.

Again a big part of the problem. Nobody wants to listen, they just want to slap labels on other people and call it a day. I mean I totally admit I'm kind of generalizing the priests here to an extent, but how am I supposed to see it any other way when it pretty much looks like they come in and attack people in waves and kind of tend to have the same behavioral patterns when they feel the series is being unfairly represented.

I don't know maybe I come off as a bit of an elitist or hard to please or whatever, I'm far from the perfect model of a poster for sure, but if I make an argument as to why people shouldn't be so petty I would hope that people attack the argument and approach and not just try to dismiss the person.

Anyway point is, there's little common ground to be found here still I feel. Some people see it one way, others a different way.

SolviteSekai said:

I'm done here. I'll just wait for my inevitable ban for having an opinion and not letting everyone shit on it.

Sometimes I really hate this shit.

I actually kind of feel you man, it gets pretty draining after a while. I'm almost half tempted to just delete all my posts in this thread and save myself the hassle because nothing was really accomplished in spite of the effort and more than likely it's going to result in exactly what you said happening.

Subpyro said:
I see quite a few long-lasting names in this thread. I'm surprised that you are still looking for reason in discussions on Mal's open forums, after all this time. I don't want to say that Mal's open forum discussions are not worth your time, but there are better places to spend your time sharing your opinion at. As far as I'm concerned, seeing change in moderation and enforcing rationality would be excellent, but I've been here for long enough to see what the atmosphere is like and just how much would things need to drastically change in order to achieve the wanted. When I say that, I don't mean that the moderators are doing a bad job, it's just that the forums are too active and have went down an almost incurable path in those sections.

As said, to see things go for the better, the rules would either have to become stricter or more moderators brought onto the team, preferably both. Still, we could never get the perfect result at this point, at least not in an instant.

Very very well stated post from earlier. I'm just going to point to this and say that's where things pretty much stand right now. It can't be put much better than that.
PeacingOutOct 25, 2014 2:03 PM
Oct 25, 2014 1:59 PM

Jan 2013
FakePriest said:
Kaioshin_Sama said:

2 gets an reply.

@Solvite

how does addressing the shit writing in fate zero count as trolling?

that shit is true.
Oct 25, 2014 2:00 PM

Jan 2013
Kaioshin_Sama said:
FakePriest said:

You're of course entitled to your own viewpoint but I think you have absolutely no idea how badly what you people are doing comes across to others. It's like you folks just lack empathy and the ability to see that not everybody is out to get you and the Fate Franchise just because they might have anything other than unconditional praise for it. Perhaps terrible human beings is a bit harsh to say, but you folk really don't come across all that well and yet you don't seem to care either way so.....not much else to be said between us other than at the end of the day is anything really worth defending with such ferocity that it justifies what basically amounts to a witch hunt against these people that get called "secondaries".

It all just strikes me as really unreasonable, like the bottom line is defending the franchise and what you see as it's specific perceived qualities and getting the word out that it's better than x and you don't seem to care who you have to attack en masse, how you come across, and how many people you turn off to the fanbase for the show in the process. Like it's not a good look or representation and I don't know why you people feel the need to take this approach.

So... apparently I am a horrible person for expressing my views and thoughts on a show that I like through means of becoming a part of the Kotomine Church? Isn't this like saying all religious groups should be banned from reality because some people always abuse their authority?

If we do anything "wrong" or "bad" or downright awful please do tell us all "individually" please? I have not abused my authority since I have no authority, I follow the rules of MAL very closely. You do "not" deserve the honor of calling all of us bad people based on that one troll, but our means of expressing our opinions? Sure. But as I said, those that you feel are violating the codes of conduct of this site and/or are treating others poorly please consider those as people that you should contact yourself in person, if others feel offended or abused they'll contact these people themselves, won't they?

I believe in people, I believe in rules, but I also believe in every individual's right to defend themselves. That's an impossible thing to do for the ones that can't see your message, you indirectly offend them and their own identities by generalizing a whole group of people. Now how does that make you feel? Like you're one of those who keep on ruining the overall feel of MAL?

In that case please refrain from doing this any more, refrain from trying to silence others opinions and thoughts, instead you should contact the ones you feel are in the wrong, "confront" them with valid source material instead of trying to "confine" everyone from expressing and/or enjoying themselves.

If none of these suggestions work for you then please redirect yourself to the mods, they can handle these kinds of situations for you. I will give you my respect for trying to change something that bothers yourself, but please stop generalizing. Please?

Best Regards,
LuckyPriest

(P.S: The priests are actually really nice people, at least according to me)
Oct 25, 2014 2:01 PM

Jan 2013
This thread is not an attack on priests.

people are using it as an outlet to ban priests.

i merely think mal needs to get a handle on every thread turning into a shitstorm about whatever the most recent super popular anime is.
Oct 25, 2014 2:01 PM

Jun 2010
Kaioshin_Sama said:
Mod staff told me

Stopped reading there.
You guys should also stop feeding the self-righteous self-entitled "elitist".

Kaioshin_Sama said:
I don't know maybe I come off as a bit of an elitist or hard to please or whatever, I'm far from the perfect model of a poster for sure, but if I make an argument as to why people shouldn't be so petty I would hope that people attack the argument and approach and not just try to dismiss the person.

No. You come off as a needy attention seeker, that shitposts a wide variety of currently airing series with textbook college-tier "arguments" and whenever someone brings a smart counter-argument with reasonable examples and solid questions you call it "oh, look this edgy 2014 MAL user" and damage control.
I like elitists, they're what makes MAL worth reading. You, however, are not even consistent with your own tastes.

@Priests stuff:
I couldn't care less. Up high church guy!
Oct 25, 2014 2:04 PM

Apr 2014
You know, on the internet I've seen so many cases where people would post a critique that comes off as negatively provocative and then when they receive backlash, they cry that the fans were attacking them "just because" they expressed a critique that wasn't positive, when meanwhile those who are able to express in a gentle and non-provocative manner don't receive nearly as much backlash and may even receive a little bit of agreement.
Oct 25, 2014 2:07 PM

Jan 2013
ZeroDragon said:
You know, on the internet I've seen so many cases where people would post a critique that comes off as negatively provocative and then when they receive backlash, they cry that the fans were attacking them "just because" they expressed a critique that wasn't positive, when meanwhile those who are able to express in a gentle and non-provocative manner don't receive nearly as much backlash and may even receive a little bit of agreement.

it isnt against the rules to have unfounded and illogical opinions about anime.

being dumb and/or having shit taste are things one cant control about themselves.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

» Could MAL match users with the most similar watched anime and ratings?

mur_koshka - Apr 7

4 by mur_koshka »»
6 hours ago

» Reply button should show text that will be quoted.

Euthymia_Gerv - Yesterday

1 by Alexioos95 »»
11 hours ago

» Users who haven't finished an anime should be restricted on rating it

Thruddingsfly - Feb 15

39 by 3miL »»
Apr 14, 11:07 AM

» Custom labels.

Autonomia - Apr 8

4 by Autonomia »»
Apr 14, 8:25 AM

» Total number of episodes (all seasons)

TechniqueGod - Apr 9

3 by hacker09 »»
Apr 13, 3:53 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.