Forum Settings
Forums
Pages (9) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »
Must be a Club Member to Reply 
Jan 11, 2015 5:17 PM

Welcome to TME Yang (can I call you that?). Welcome to the 19 Club bud! You're quite the instrumentalist aren't you?

Jan 11, 2015 5:25 PM

-Momo said:
Wii sports...? lol xD
Welcome Pyang! (decide to call you that)

YesIWantPeanut said:
Welcome to TME Yang (can I call you that?). Welcome to the 19 Club bud! You're quite the instrumentalist aren't you?

Welcome to the Empire Pying!! (I'll call you that if you are ok with it. Also because Momo and Peanut are calling you Pyang and Yang!)

Jan 11, 2015 10:51 PM

Welcome to TME Panda (this was in your name so if I can call you that?.. XD
You play a lot of instruments! Music trascription is a cool hobby too >_<!!!

Jan 12, 2015 2:35 AM

Hello, I'm Taiyototsuki. I'm a guitarist, but I aspire to be able to play many instruments in my life: Violin, piano, bass guitar, cello, trumpet.
I listen to a wide variety of music: Jazz, Bossa nova, Blues, J-pop and rock, enka, instrumental, swing, electronic music, film scores, vocaloid and classical.
I don't really have any other hobbies that aren't music related.
Modified by Burenai, Jan 16, 2015 7:16 AM

Jan 12, 2015 7:10 AM

Welcome to the Empire Taiyototsuki!! I hope you enjoy you stay with us!

( ^_^)/
Modified by Jaymusta, Jan 12, 2015 7:29 AM

Jan 12, 2015 8:03 AM

Welcome to TME Taiyo (if it's alright to call you that?)

That'll be fun to learn how to play loads of instruments! Goodluck~

Jan 13, 2015 5:21 AM

Thank you for the welcome.

Yes, feel free to call my Taiyo. I prefer that username aswell ^^.

Jan 13, 2015 3:50 PM
Welcome Tsuki

Jan 14, 2015 2:29 AM
Hi Hi , I'm Kazuma, Im a guitarist/ singer but I also play piano, charango, recorder, drums, bass and im a profesional triangle soloist. I listen to almost all genres of music but I do have preferences in classical and heavy metal

Jan 14, 2015 4:17 AM

Hey Taiyo glad to have you here :) hope you have a pleasant time.

Jan 14, 2015 6:59 AM

Thank you ^^

Jan 14, 2015 8:42 AM

Welcome to the Empire Kazuma!!

( ^_^)/

Jan 14, 2015 10:43 AM

Welcome to TME Kazuma! Wow so many instruments that you know how to play, thats so cool~

Jan 14, 2015 5:07 PM
Hi Kazuma!

Jan 15, 2015 11:56 PM

Hello!
Please call me Nickel, Kingins is for a unique username.

I'm a novice songwriter, only wrote a few song but I'm looking forward to expand my experience in songwriting.
I'm a one man band so I like to learn about the drum, bass, piano so I can make my own music. I'm also a experience guitarist so I know how to get people foot/head or finger moving lol.

The type of music that I usually listen to (Mostly listen genre to least listen genre) are Country, J-rock and instrumental version, Anime music, rock, a few mental, and few electric music.

My favorite artist probably Johnny Cash and FES Phantasm (cv Yui Sakakibara). I like them alot!

I'm looking forward to talking to you all! : D

You gotta do what you gotta do.

Jan 16, 2015 12:04 AM

Welcome! I hope you have a great time here Nickel.

I'm also a guitar player myself, however I'm not composing anything currently or planning to for a while. I like to write tabs for music that don't have tabs already. I've currently got in hold since I've been pretty busy lately.

Do you have any inspirations that influence your compositions?

Jan 16, 2015 12:43 AM

Hey and thank you Taiyou!

Did you wrote any tab on your guitar? If so, I would like to see them!

To answer your question, It was Johnny Cash who got me interest in music. Later on, I listen to other artist that had really good guitar rhythm and I wanted to write one for fun. So writing or playing music is my hobby.

Jan 16, 2015 5:21 AM

Welcome to the Empire Nickel!!! I used to play the Violin! (Not anymore because I had to make room for Computer Science back in 10th grade) :''''|

Jan 16, 2015 5:34 AM

Hello and thank you Jaymusta!

That must have suck.
Damn you technology! haha

Btw, I'm wanted to learn on how play the violin but it kinda tricky. Need to train your ear to recognize the note on the violin. >.<

Jan 16, 2015 6:32 AM

Currently they're just for personal use, so I don't have any official tabs available sorry! It's still a work in progress to the point where I'm still using manuscript paper or notepad (the default computer program) to write my tabs. Notepad! Do you have any recommendations on programs to use? Notepad is such a hassle, and manuscript paper makes me feel like I'm in a ancient history book, lol. ^^

Jan 16, 2015 9:21 AM

Welcome to TME Nickel, and wow you have so many instruments that you know. (I mainly play the piano)~
Making your own music must be great!
I'm sure you'll be a great songwriter!!

Also in terms of talking/expanding about music interests, you can check out 'Izaya's Wonderland! (Music Otakus)' sticky/forum which would mostly be about the actual music playing or anyones interests..

Jan 16, 2015 3:38 PM
Welcome the club Nickel!!

Jan 16, 2015 5:10 PM

Hello xGelai and Momo!
Thank for the welcome.

-xGelai
Actually, I wanted to know more about those instruments like playing around with them and how they work in song or band. I don't have any instrument for me to play around physically, only FL studio but I prefer to play the instrument with my hand rather then using mouse and keyboard.

I also wanted to learn how to play the piano! It would help me greatly when I'm on FL Studio cause the program use piano roll and the keyboard won't help me cause it's not the same as the piano. I will take a look in that thread and leave a comment when I'm done cleaning my room.

-Taiyou
Geez, I would like to see your tab but I could wait so I bet they'll sound nice when they are finish.
Actually, I'm in the same boat as you. I'm using paper to write my melody down and I'm using notepad to write my lyric on. So sorry, I don't have anything : /

Jan 17, 2015 4:53 AM

Welcome nickel.

You should buy a midi keyboard or just a good microphone. Fl Studio is a good program, I use it too for now because I have a shitty laptop. If you're looking for other music programs look for reason, cubase, ableton and pro tools.

Jan 17, 2015 5:50 PM

Hello D-sist!

I do have a really good microphone, three in fact. Two for vocal and one for guitar when I'm recording on Sonar. Sonar is a really good program to use.

Jan 30, 2015 1:07 AM
hello (:

i am going to have to c&p some of this from another forum, but this is just the place i was looking for if you'll have me! so being a musician myself, I've always been drawn to stories about songwriters or the transcendance of music, though in the past when I was at my peak, anime wasn't nearly as accessible a it is today. undeniably, the best stories are those you can relate to on a personal level. they can also change us and inspire us! (so what if i only play IRL sports cause of Prince of Tennis?!).

in addition to anime, i had also taken a hiatus from songwriting, singing, piano, guitar. recently ive been trying to rekindle the fire, but the hardest thing im finding is trying recapture the energy and passion i once had. a friend recommended to me the anime Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso (Your Lie in April).. lets just say im starting to remember what i loved about both anime AND being a musician (:

although ive been away from my instruments and craft for longer than i care to admit.. SINGING never leaves you!!! i am a HUGE Larku fan, and i SWORE id never see them live, given i live in New Jersey and they were on hiatus for a long while. THEN THEY CAME TO OTAKON!! and then several years later MADISON SQUARE GARDENNN.. and this is what it looked like from where we were standing >_<;

Jan 30, 2015 1:16 AM
D-Sist said:
Welcome nickel.

You should buy a midi keyboard or just a good microphone. Fl Studio is a good program, I use it too for now because I have a shitty laptop. If you're looking for other music programs look for reason, cubase, ableton and pro tools.

FL studio is a nice easy software if your not looking to set up a project just some spontaneous loopy fun (: , for just quick bedroom recordings, i use Audacity. it handles multi-tracking and no set up required if your audio interface is already rigged up correctly. of those top softwares, i would traditionally recommend avoiding pro tools altogether.. BUTTTT this just in:

STOP PIRATING PRO TOOLS: HERE COMES A FREE VERSION OF THE AUDIO EDITING SOFTWARE

i am a long time user of cubase/reason combo and i swear by it. ableton is also fun if you're into groove machines and heavy MIDI usage.
Modified by nitephlight, Jan 30, 2015 1:21 AM

Jan 30, 2015 4:51 AM

Welcome to the Empire Light! (I'll call you that if you're ok with it :) )

Let get along well together in this community!

( ^_^)/

Jan 30, 2015 9:41 AM

Welcome to TME Light (if it's alright to call you that<)

&Wow what a good influence, nice to remember your passion in anime aye. Take your time with finding your passion for music but I'm sure it'll light up again since music doesn't leave you!

And that link is so helpful! Thanks for sharing it since I wouldn't have been able to find that but its just reassuring to know a good program that I might/could use someday in the future (depending) ;3

Jan 30, 2015 4:09 PM
Welcome Light!
Oh wow so cool!! T^T Sadly i have to admit that i play no instrument and CAN'T sing. But I still love music!

Feb 1, 2015 11:18 PM

Want to see Kingsmen because that movie looks sexy as hell.
They said "There is no santa clause" I simply asked them "If santa clause isn't real then are you?" After that the voices in my head stopped speaking to me

Feb 2, 2015 1:24 PM

Just a quick Introduction then, sorry not very good at it :

Name's Julien, male, 19 years old and 100% French, got into animes very recently, but I've always loved music
I'm a lot into electronic music (Trance, Goa and Psytrance especially), games and animes OSTs, a bit of classical and jazz, plus a bit of K-Pop / J-Pop once in a while too !

I did actually start to learn audio engineering in Paris for almost 2 years, before decided to go another path.
Thus I know quite a bit (and very interested, of course) in the technical aspect (rather than being a "classical" musician) of music such as hardware material, home studios, computer aided music, sequencers, and most of all synthesizers.

I'll be more than glad to discuss these topics with anyone interested !
That's it for me, hope we can get along

Have a nice day everybody ! :)

Feb 2, 2015 1:59 PM

Welcome to TME Julien (if its alright to call ya that) ;3
And how cool 100% French and French Nerd you say there ~aw XD

How nice to have an interest in the technical aspect of music!
Nice to have you here! Chat with us whenever you want :)

Feb 2, 2015 2:13 PM

Welcome to the Empire Julien!!! Don't worry, that introduction was amazing! I hope you find yourself at home within our community!

( ^_^)/

Feb 2, 2015 5:20 PM
I'm Sorry, I really wanna call you Juli 0_0/ sorry i have too...:
Welcome to the empire Juli!
↑Not trying to be rude, just on impuse

Feb 3, 2015 1:34 PM
Ohaio~! I am Phil. I am 19 years old and I was born in Finland, but moved to the US when I was 3 years old because of my parents' work.

Since I was little, music has been a great part of my life. I listen to and play music every day. My favorite genres are Classical, Jazz, Folk and Rock from the '50s to the '90s. I love most instruments and I play a variety of them, including piano, violin, viola, cello, double bass and guitar.

As for my studies, I'm a Computer Science major, currently in the last semester.

With nothing further to say, I salute you all *takes hat off*.

Feb 3, 2015 1:44 PM

Omgawdd how super cool! Welcome to TME Kou (can I call you that or do you prefer Phil?)
You play so many instruments and computer science major - I'm doing CS for my GCSE atm...

Feb 3, 2015 2:12 PM

Welcome to the Empire Phil!!! (If it's ok to call you that)
You play so many instruments!!!! I know how to play the violin, recorder, kazoo, and a little bit of the piano! (really rusty with the piano since it's been about 6 years now)

Feb 3, 2015 5:58 PM
Welcome Kou!

Feb 3, 2015 6:55 PM
Kou, Kousei, Phil, Philip, That Finnish guy, however you wanna call me, you can call me :D

Feb 4, 2015 7:12 PM

Hey Kousei glad to have you in the club... and it also appears we both have Arima profile pics although reading your intro i believe you deserve it more than i do. Hope to see you in the comment section.

Feb 8, 2015 11:07 PM

Hey there guys! I'm your newest member! As my name suggests, I'm currently pulling a allnighter while writing this introduction :p The choice between balancing anime and sleep is way too hard. I actually had finish my grade 10 piano exams last year so feel free to talk about classical music with me. I usually only listen to dubstep/electronic music, but i am open to any suggestions from everyone. I'm pretty new to mal so show me the ropes everyone ^-^

Feb 8, 2015 11:12 PM

Welcome to the Empire Allnighter!!

I guess i kind of share some similarities with you. One time, I binged all of the second season of K-on!! plus the special episodes plus the movie all the way into 4 am (on a weekend). So yeah. I used to play the piano, but that was more than 5 years ago, so I can't really play much anymore. I'm mostly familiar with the violin, but I do whip out my kazoo every now and then to cater to my friends' requests. (Wrecking Ball by Miley Cyrus being the most common, unfortunately ;-;)

Within the past year, I have become very open to music. Mostly thanks to vocaloid music and other JP music, which does include dubstep, drumstep, house, chill, etc. Before that, I listened to the same genres you mentioned.

Feb 9, 2015 8:47 AM
Welcome Nighter, to TME!

Feb 9, 2015 9:52 AM

Welcome to TME Night!! And yea its funny when we try to balance sleep and anime.. its pretty hard XD

Hope you enjoy it in TME and welcome to MAL!~

Feb 10, 2015 2:40 PM

Welcome @Nighter and @That finnish guy ! :)

As for me, that "Juli" nickname is perfectly fine haha !

See you around guys !

Feb 10, 2015 4:25 PM
Kk Juli!

Feb 14, 2015 8:40 PM

Hey, my name is PyrrosDrake but you can call me whatever you like. I listen to more or less any genre of music but I happen to have a preference for Classical music as well as K-POP.

Feb 14, 2015 10:42 PM

Welcome to TME Pyro! &and nice Classical and K-pop. We have some classical discussion threads so check them out if you want!

Feb 15, 2015 12:15 AM

Welcome to the Empire Prryos!!! I hope you find yourself at home within this community!!!

( ^_^)/

Pages (9) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »