Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Poll: Gundam: G no Reconguista Episode 5 Discussion


Oct 29, 2014 7:18 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2008
Posts: 178
lmaonade200 said:
Wait, am I being massively trolled here or do people actually believe that the scene with Aida was some kind of yuri/lesbian intimate moment? I took it more as they were talking to each other in secret (frames were inconsistent but that isn't atypical from the consistency of animation this series has had so far) and the slap on the butt was acknowledgement (you know, like how people act in real life?)


It's more fun though.
 
Oct 29, 2014 9:15 AM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2007
Posts: 1047
Youngjames said:
I finally caught up to it, my god tomino what happened to you man, you go from masterpieces like zeta to complete and utter nonsense like this, I cant even call these characters characters they are just walking plot devices here to spot off buzzwords that will probably go unexplained for the rest of the series, the art looks nice but thats all there really is to it so far.

I couldnt finish it but even fucking AGE was less a clusterfuck of shitty writiing and half assed explanations than this turd, tomino man you ended the gundam franchise with the most perfect note of turn A gundam, that was you farewell letter in the most perfect way, why would you come back to shit on that by making this

Id be more optimistic about this but theres no doubt this series has built itself a hole already that will undoubtly fuck it past redemption with its nonsensical start, a start doesn't need to be wow worthy but it builds structure and when your entire start has NO strucuture and is just random events and buzzwords which lack definition then the whole thing will topple, i was worried once i saw this was a 2 cour but man i wasnt expecting it to be this bad


Zeta shouldn't be anybody's masterpiece. It was straight and all, but weird motivations and characterizations all over the place.
Jumping in Headfirst - I hear reading it causes immortality. Warning. Reading may not actually cause immortality.
 
Oct 29, 2014 12:11 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2011
Posts: 31949
QuattroVaginas said:
Youngjames said:
I finally caught up to it, my god tomino what happened to you man, you go from masterpieces like zeta to complete and utter nonsense like this, I cant even call these characters characters they are just walking plot devices here to spot off buzzwords that will probably go unexplained for the rest of the series, the art looks nice but thats all there really is to it so far.

I couldnt finish it but even fucking AGE was less a clusterfuck of shitty writiing and half assed explanations than this turd, tomino man you ended the gundam franchise with the most perfect note of turn A gundam, that was you farewell letter in the most perfect way, why would you come back to shit on that by making this

How did you feel about Turn A characters?
wait are the turn A characters suppossed to be illogical like this cast is or something? So far episode 1 and 2 of have made them seem way more dynamic than these characters are already especially loran who im pretty much liking from the get go, generally speaking turn A so far is the complete oppossite of G reco for me atm and its kind of sad to see tomino hit his stride with turn A only to completely regress afterwords

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

 
Oct 29, 2014 12:17 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2014
Posts: 3956
Depends. It wasn't a question with a set answer. Just curious how people who liked Turn A is receiving G-Reco. Let me know when you finish Turn A.
Sieg Zeon!
 
Oct 29, 2014 12:19 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2011
Posts: 31949
QuattroVaginas said:
Depends. It wasn't a question with a set answer. Just curious how people who liked Turn A is receiving G-Reco. Let me know when you finish Turn A.
sure no problem, ill probably post frequently in the episode disscussions mainly, it definitely seems my style from ep 1 and 2, and that ost is brilliant so far

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

 
Oct 29, 2014 12:28 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2014
Posts: 3956
Indisputably my favorite from Yoko Kanno.
Sieg Zeon!
 
Oct 29, 2014 12:34 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2012
Posts: 3275
JizzyHitler said:
QuattroVaginas said:
Depends. It wasn't a question with a set answer. Just curious how people who liked Turn A is receiving G-Reco. Let me know when you finish Turn A.
sure no problem, ill probably post frequently in the episode disscussions mainly, it definitely seems my style from ep 1 and 2, and that ost is brilliant so far
the pacing very slow though, many people cant stand the pacing
IF YOU LIKE DEATH PARADE, GO WATCH BARTENDER!!!
my animesongs chord thread : here bro
 
Oct 29, 2014 12:46 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2011
Posts: 31949
ninjastarforcex said:
JizzyHitler said:
sure no problem, ill probably post frequently in the episode disscussions mainly, it definitely seems my style from ep 1 and 2, and that ost is brilliant so far
the pacing very slow though, many people cant stand the pacing
i greatly prefer slower to fast, its not coincidencce that most of the most complex series out there also have slow pacings at least in their early acts, when you try to have a complex story with a fast pace from the get go your more than likley to crash and burn, Turn A has probably the best 1st episode of the franchise for me (not counting unicorn cause its essentially a series of movies) because of its slower and more focused pace, the fact the episode ended without any forced action made me estatic

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

 
Nov 1, 2014 9:31 AM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2013
Posts: 291
Besides the little stupid melodrama part with Aida, and the discount Char this episode was pretty good. Probably the best episode so far, hope this anime can keep it up D;
 
Nov 4, 2014 1:27 AM
Offline
Joined: Mar 2012
Posts: 2757
Good tense battle, nice transforming mask mech.
Finally dialogue that doesn't give a migraine.
Some nice animation closeup details, reminds me of Miyazaki shows of adding real-life character, also how both foreground has the main action & bg has some extras like comedic Raraiya/Noredo antics.
I find the only consistent thing in this show is chuchumy comedy.
 
Nov 6, 2014 1:26 AM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2012
Posts: 3711
The battles are looking really good. It's not based on awesome design, but the feel that these suits really do pack a punch as they're supposed to. Really like the beam sabers, which remind me of Turn A's and it seems to have some similar moves too.
 
Nov 10, 2014 4:19 PM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2013
Posts: 6008
At least the action was nice.

Aida's mech is kinda pretty. I'll keep watching as long as she keeps piloting. I don't really like Bellri.
 
Nov 17, 2014 6:49 AM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2012
Posts: 1484
Ingenious tactics.

Yes, another protagonist suit with a core-block system!

G-Self ftw
 
Nov 18, 2014 1:51 PM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 4882
Raraiya keeps Klim in check. I like her.

Sent with Mal Updater
 
Jan 2, 2015 4:27 AM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 3031
I am finally starting to like this :D, certainly starting to feel more and more like Gundam as the episodes go by..

I agree with the girl who said the mask was lame :/, hopefully this Char clone will be likeable unlike his mask.

And Princess is a lesbian?!?! Yes PLEASE!
Modified by Aozure, Jan 2, 2015 4:31 AM
 
May 30, 2015 10:34 AM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2008
Posts: 4961
Finally a Char has appeared. And on top of everything, he reminds me of Harry Ord, which is a good thing. Harry Ord was awesome.

"Your sight, my delight. Will you marry me?"
 
May 30, 2016 2:48 AM
Offline
Joined: Jun 2010
Posts: 50
Pretty good episode.
So finally a bigger picture starts to unfold. This Towasanga is the threat from space Ameria fears, it's where Raraiya and the G-Self came from, the origin of the Rose of Hermes blueprints Ameria is using to make the G-Arcane and the backpacks. I wonder if Ameria and Capital will align against them or if it will be a 3-way conflict until the end.

Klim Nick is my favorite character so far, his interactions and banter with the other characters is pretty enjoyable. Bellri is also growing on me, he's a lot smarter than he lets out, and os gathering all information he can about the situation. I don't know what to think about Mask yet, he just acts completely different from his Luin persona. I didn't like his mobile suit's design, I was more interested on seeing the Hecate in action, sadly it was not this time.
 
Nov 13, 2017 4:37 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2016
Posts: 15019
Well, a new episode when the Captial Army run away !!!
The Hime-sama doesn´t forget his lover!!!


Hello, my litte boy!


 
Aug 15, 2:24 PM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2015
Posts: 5890
I wasn't expecting so much "suspense" coming out from piloting a Core Fighter XD

So, Laraiya came from Towasanga/the Moon, like her TurnA hair and skin seemed to say?


4/5 "Next eps... It's too thrilling, don't watch it!"


zellami said:

Towasanga is a mysterious place in space, where Raraiya came from, and where the elevator and the power systems originate.

Zut, because of her skin tan and her weird hair, I thought she was coming from the Moon (cf. Turn A), the show trying to infere some similarities between this Towasanga and Turn A's moon kingdom.
 
Top
Pages (2) « 1 [2]