Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Your Lie in April
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »
Jan 4, 2015 8:20 AM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
Kaori digs sweets, +1

I never thought I'd see Kaori cry but good thing Kousei accepted her request. Once a girl cries you can't deny a request from her. It'll be interesting how the performance goes since Kousei and Kaori haven't practiced together.

The hospital stop is giving bad vibes.

Jan 6, 2015 12:23 PM

Jul 2014
This anime is going better... -w-
Jan 6, 2015 2:34 PM

Jan 2014
Rayzer said:

That "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star" that sung by Kaori (Risa Taneda) kinda ruined it for me.

"Tinkuru tinkuru",.. I just cracked up laughing. Sorry, couldn't help it.
"I'm a middle schooler bartender!"
- Mishima Hitomi
Jan 25, 2015 10:20 AM

Dec 2014
The more i watch this anime the more im amazed at how well they adapted the manga ... Not only did they accurately adapt it , they actually made it much better . I hope they maintain this quality and dont half ass it in the end though .
There’s no hope on the battlefield.
It has nothing but unspeakable despair.
Just a crime we call victory, paid for by the pain of the defeated.
Yet humanity has never recognized this truth.
And the reason for that is, in every era,
a dazzling hero has blinded people with their legends and prevented them from seeing the evil of bloodshed.
The true nature of humanity has not advanced a step beyond the Stone Age!
Feb 12, 2015 10:26 PM

Jul 2012
I really love how much Kaori pushes Kousei. Can't wait to watch this performance!
Feb 20, 2015 12:51 PM
Feb 2015
Kaori's going to hospital... Maybe her mother is ill or something. Will be drama out of it. They're going to play together, yay. Although I feel like they're going to loose.

The episode was amusing. Especially when he played with these children. I'm in love with this series.
Feb 22, 2015 12:24 AM

Dec 2012
Lovely

Feb 24, 2015 6:07 PM

Nov 2014
I enjoyed this episode, I feel like this series will break my heart in the end or something
Hi there
Mar 19, 2015 12:36 PM

Mar 2012
I hope these "beat the crap out of the MC" gags aren't overused.

Well let's see if Kousei can get over his trauma during this performance with Kaori.
Mar 28, 2015 7:06 AM

Dec 2013
i'm starting to like kaori more and more and I'm starting to find the BGM impactful to the scenes
Mar 29, 2015 4:51 AM

Aug 2013
Stop whacking that poor guy all the time lol. Looks so pitiful.
Mar 29, 2015 3:32 PM

Jun 2014
The scene where Arima remembers what the people were saying at the competition where he broke down was really well done. You don't realize until then just how freaked out he was.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 1, 2015 1:57 PM

Jan 2008
Three episodes in and the show is still pretty annoying. Kaori continues being violent and pushy and Arima is still submissive and overall pretty pathetic. I am waiting for him to do something cool to impress her without being forced to do it like this episode.
Apr 2, 2015 6:35 AM
May 2012
Heh, so she knew that he was a piano prodigy, huh. I would have preferred if she discovered it in a surprising way.
I think, she is sick, yeah. She stopped the bus. About time he get back on playing piano :D
Apr 18, 2015 12:14 PM

May 2012
Ooh this anime makes me feel really good :3 really heartwarming development! Let's see what's next!
Apr 23, 2015 7:33 PM

Oct 2014
That shot of the town at the end was beautiful.

Kaori making a stop at the hospital? Oh please god no :( They're gonna have this great relationship and after everything it's going to have a reveal about her having some incurable disease and she dies, I bet. Especially with her saying her purpose is to play music and live on in peoples hearts. My heart won't be able to take it :(
Jun 8, 2015 12:23 AM

Oct 2009
Jun 10, 2015 2:29 PM

Nov 2012
It would've been more sad if he said no
Jul 6, 2015 4:23 PM
Jul 2013
This anime is so heartwarming! As a high school musician (piano/viola) myself, I gotta say that the animation on the playing was near perfect. It's like all my interests were combined in one show - music, school, and romance.
Jul 11, 2015 3:25 PM

Jun 2015
I'm going to be honest here. Kaori bursting into tears was just melodramatic and unnecessary. You could take that out and it would've ended up the exact same way.

But other than that, good episode.
AltoRoarkJul 16, 2015 8:04 PM
Jul 16, 2015 11:56 AM
May 2014
AltoRoark99 said:
I'm going to be honest here. Kaori bursting into tears was just melodramatic and unecessary. You could take that out and it would've ended up the exact same way.

while there are alot of melodramatic moments in this show, I think that was a pretty important scene because it is the very first time we see kaori reveal her desperation despite this entire happy/cool aura she is trying to project.
Nov 20, 2015 11:21 PM
Nov 2015
Must be tough experience for him to play the piano again. Nevertheless, Kaori still persistently finds a way for Kousei to play the piano again! :)

Glad Kousei accepted her request to be her accompanist. Can't wait for the performance!
Dec 11, 2015 6:09 PM

Jul 2014
Why did Kaori stop at the hospital? :o
Dec 24, 2015 9:14 PM

Dec 2009
I can't believe I just got around to watching this. So far I really, really love the series. Even for the third episode, the character depth is great. Looking forward to binge watching the rest :')
Dec 28, 2015 4:54 AM

Jun 2009
AltoRoark99 said:
I'm going to be honest here. Kaori bursting into tears was just melodramatic and unnecessary. You could take that out and it would've ended up the exact same way.

i think it's just more foreshadowing. hand tremors last episode, hospital visit and crying speech about wanting to be remembered this episode.

Jan 5, 2016 8:27 AM

Mar 2014
Okay, so I didn't want to comment in an episode discussion thread until episode 5... But I just can't let this bullshit slide. (Rant incoming)

FUCK KAORI

Okay, so Kousei told Kaori that he couldn't hear the piano. Now, any normal person would catch the hint and realize that something traumatic probably happened in his past and that forcing him to accompany her might not be such a good idea.

BUT GUESS WHAT THAT PSYCHO CUNT CHOOSES TO DO!?

"Oh but ur so good at playing the piano so I am totally going to disregard that and force you to do it anyway! Come on stop being a pussy and do it for me" she says and then, when he states that he doesn't want to she and whatsherface childhood friend start ABUSING HIM – by deep throating him (not literally) with music sheets! And later on, she KICKS HIM! YES, BECAUSE THAT IS SUCH A GOOD IDEA! Lol lol abusive cute female trope so hilaries xD

"But it's just slapstick comedy, you're not supposed to take it seriously", how could I NOT take it seriously when the "hilarious moments" take up half of the episode and the show at the same time is trying to tell us that momma abusing Kousei = bad but Cuntori & friends abusing Kousei = good? That's not funny. That's hypocritical BS.

Oh, and why the hell is whatsherface tagging along? There's no way she doesn't know about Kousei's past (or a little bit about it at least) so why the hell does she seem to think that ABUSING HIM IS A GOOD IDEA!? Is she ignorant or just mentally retarded?

Boho, boho, and then the show is trying to make me FEEL BAD FOR KAORI BECAUSE SHE HAS AN ILLNESS AND SHE IS GOING TO DIE SOON WAAAAH! I am sorry, but that is NOT an excuse for being a retarded psycho cunt. Hitler had to commit suicide, he knew he was going to die, does that excuse the Holocaust? NO IT DOESN'T!

Anyway, I hope they will stop shoving those slapstick comedy moments and their hypocritical message down my throat, because I am already fed up with this BS.

-10000000/5
Comic_SansJan 5, 2016 8:35 AM
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
Jan 5, 2016 2:12 PM
Jan 2010
Kaori is selfish.
But there is no better character in the anime.
Apr 19, 2016 12:05 PM

Jun 2014
That was a very nice episode, although at some points it was quite melodramatic. Anyway, I'm wondering why Kaori gets off the bus at Totsuhara University Hospital stop. I've got a bad feeling about it.
Rely on nothing under heaven
Jun 22, 2016 2:54 PM

Sep 2015
Christ I hate Kaori. He obviously suffers when he plays but you want him to play just for you because you make presumptions like 'it's not that you can't, you won't' or 'you're just making excuses'. She doesn't give a single fuck about how HE feels, only about herself.
Jun 24, 2016 11:52 PM

Dec 2013
Kaori crying like really did feel unnecessary but it's an effective way to make any guy to agree to what a girl says.
Jul 19, 2016 6:49 AM

Jan 2013
Even the wallpaper ... lmao

Dangit people, I didnt want to read about the possibilities why Kaori went to the hospital :/
Maybe ... just maybe ... she has a sick relative ... ugh who am I kidding, anime never has such a simple answer :(
PrOxAntoJul 19, 2016 9:08 AM
Aug 8, 2016 4:16 PM

May 2013
What the...? I didn't catch any hospital scene wtf D:

And I don't really like how they're forcing him to piano again considering his trauma with it, buuut.... whuttevs .___. I guess he needs the push...
Aug 26, 2016 3:25 PM

Jun 2016
Twinkle Twinkle theme <3
Sep 26, 2016 6:44 PM

Jul 2014
Fuck, Kaori is so damn selfish, leave the dude alone if he gave you a clue the whole week that he didn't want to be an accomp.

Already sitting at a 5/10.
Oct 1, 2016 3:56 PM

Nov 2015

 It's welcomed the humor to lessen the impact of the feelz train that's gonna inevitably come jaja.

 Truth be told, Kaori, for being "going out" with Watari, she seems to be around Kousei quite a lot jaja.

 Kousei's trauma regarding his inability to play the piano is explored, moreover, it has been defined what exactly he's experiencing because we saw that it's not that he can't play, he can, but a moment comes that he just "blocks" himself, in addition that he wants to escape from playing. Something rather ironic; running away from the thing you love doing.

 In any case, the development of the characters seems to be heading in the right track. Altho, Kaori crying out of nowhere seemed like manipulation and out of place, but I don't know her story yet so... I may led that slide for now.

 PD: By now you could already feel sad by watching these kids being so good and passionate about something jajaja T_T

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Tsun Tsun so much? Deredere then...
HumbertoZeroOct 1, 2016 4:56 PM
Jan 15, 2017 5:07 AM

Feb 2008
They're being a bit hamfisted with the foreshadowing here. I wonder what's killing her?
Jan 19, 2017 4:42 PM

Aug 2012
This episode made me like Kaori more <3
The girls made Kousei agree to lay again yay ^-^ you can't say no to a crying girl!
*I predict it'll be a terrible performance but It'll give hem both confidence to move forward*
Feb 25, 2017 1:16 AM
Dec 2009
Kousei seemed a little clueless when asking Kaori why she was taking pictures of the waffle/pancake sweets at the beginning. Do you have to ask why girls take pictures of food? Haha.

I want to grow to love Kaori but her "violent" and pushy side seems really unattractive to me. If I had a classmate like that I don't think I could get along with her.

I find Kousei's comments that she "exists in spring" really interesting. Spring is short and sweet, and in Japan cherry blossoms are loved so much partially because they have such short but beautiful lives. The spring and cherry blossom imagery combined with the hints of Kaori being ill doesn't bode well.
Mar 22, 2017 7:06 AM

Apr 2015
What's up with the cat

“Even if the attention isn’t forever, I’ll keep singing.”
Jul 28, 2017 10:19 PM

Dec 2015
💔
He looks at her as a big sister while she loves him
Aug 25, 2017 7:29 AM
Jul 2018
Thus far the storyline is quite improbable and I find the drama manipulative for the most part. Also, as a former music school student, some parts just make me want to facepalm: such as Kaori individually choosing her set piece and appointing Kousei as her accompaniment. Where are the adult figures anyway? Also the public giving them a standing ovation (once again) was a really unnecessary stretch. So are the "spring" quotes: a blatant set up for what's to come later in the series (chanced upon the spoilers somewhere),
Admittedly, there are some tidbits I like, such as Kousei's struggle with his childhood trauma, but everything else I just find a bit obnoxious and predictable. Might still continue watching: I'll let the 4th episode settle that for me.
Sep 24, 2017 1:53 AM
Feb 2014
Currently watching because I want something to make me cry. On episode 3. Will it deliver?
Nov 25, 2017 3:49 AM

Jul 2013
Can't hear himself play or more like he's stricken with depression or trauma after the death of his abusive mother.
Feb 19, 2018 1:10 AM

Dec 2015
Soundtrack is what's standing out the most so far, everything else is okay.
~
Mar 17, 2018 9:27 PM
Dec 2017
Kousei Finally playing the piano... with Kaori
May 26, 2018 12:18 AM
May 2018
This cool episode
Aug 18, 2018 4:03 PM
Aug 2018
I feel sorry for Tsubaki as she loves kousei. Whereas he looks at her as a big sister. Sad story of Arima kousei.
Pointing him as her accompanist was a very brave thing to do . Knowing that he can't play the piano but I think she wants to get out of that fear and push himself harder. Beautiful animation and concept .

Loved the episode.
Tan_HAug 18, 2018 4:07 PM
Dec 23, 2018 1:14 PM
Apr 2016
Arima's face when he agrees to do it is really sad, forcing himself to do it just because she's so desperate.
Dec 26, 2018 4:54 AM

Apr 2013
Way too much bullying this episode, they all looked quite bad. She should've just asked nicley from the beginning instead of being a violent bitch.
Mar 7, 2019 12:24 PM

Mar 2016
Hey... The Engrish for the Twinkle Twinkle Little Star song was not so bad!

Ah, so that's the other problem, Kousei can't hear his piano's sound whenever he gets fixated and focused on playing the piano.

Finally, for once, an actual touching moment with a few feels and no tsundere-Kaori between Kousei and Kaori when Kaori was practically begging Kousei to be her accompanist. It's good that Kousei accepted that. Especially after she told him her reason for her existence which is to play so that others who heard her play will never forget about her ever and she'll be remembered forever in their hearts. She even cried for that- Wait a minute... Cry?!

Oh shit... First, she visited the hospital, then her reason for her existence is as if she wants people to remember her forever and she even cried when she told Kousei her reason. I can be as dense as tungsten and say that "Meh, she's probably just visiting someone at the hospital and her reason might just be that" But nope. I can see this death flag on her.

Oh no...
Pages (6) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 11, 2014

331 by RickHatake »»
11 hours ago

Poll: » Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jan 8, 2015

243 by Miyakirauhciyama »»
Yesterday, 4:46 AM

» Let me share my experience to re-watching it again

GuyWithoutFear - Apr 13

1 by falko92 »»
Apr 20, 5:27 PM

Poll: » Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 5, 2015

295 by kyledluffy »»
Apr 16, 11:18 PM

Poll: » Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 19, 2015

1174 by LordArmandtrox »»
Apr 16, 9:07 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.