Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Oct 20, 2014 7:54 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Another intense episode.

Their world is just never safe heh...

I was kinda curious to see what other beasts there will be but so far, they don't look pretty. It's also good to know some of Kaisar's side of the story. I thought that was neat. Zombie infestation~
Oct 20, 2014 7:59 AM

Apr 2009
Kaisar has gained his own companion. Not sure which duo I like more, but they're both great.
Oct 20, 2014 8:14 AM

Apr 2008
Another good episode. Best anime of the season with Yona for me. I begin to play at the game. A new character with Rite.I thought she died, so good, she will follow Kaiser everywhere.
Oct 20, 2014 9:22 AM

Aug 2010
Pretty good ep once again :)

Liked Rita quite a bit. Glad she'll be staying as an undead :3 Should be a fun addition to the cast.

Nice to see some of Amira's backstory along with all the sides that will be playing a role in this series.

Also love the fact she can kick ass even without Demon mode. She was cute chasing the duck XD

And seems like Favaro found his info source for Helheim I guess XD I was expecting him to react to Amira having 1 million on her head :O He'll be sure to want that XD
Oct 20, 2014 9:41 AM

Jan 2013
Poor Kaisar ^^
Got tricked by that little girl.
This episode felt like it was way too short! The background story of Amira was pretty cool.

Oct 20, 2014 9:57 AM

May 2014
This is forming up to be AOTS material. Exposition is shown not just told, the implications are subtle and they give out the hints in a perfect manner (Rita in a nutshell).
Fleshing out characters along with an atmospheric zombie halloween episode.
Oct 20, 2014 9:59 AM

Apr 2014
T3hSource said:
This is forming up to be AOTS material. Exposition is shown not just told, the implications are subtle and they give out the hints in a perfect manner (Rita in a nutshell).
Fleshing out characters along with an atmospheric zombie halloween episode.

Yeah, definitely great series so far. Hopefully it will be 2-cour, but it seems that it will be only 13 episodes or so. Anyway, I'm really enjoying the animation and the characters so far and we also got a bit of hint of the overall plot in this episode, that is the return of Bahamut. Next Monday can't come soon enough!
your waifu is shit
Oct 20, 2014 10:09 AM

Dec 2011
So the balance is starting to crumble eh...

We got to see angels at the start of the episode and demons later on, nice world they have there XD.

Their world sure is filled will all kinds of weird monsters.

So Kaisar was saved by a nice lil girl called Rita eh.

Aha, Amira is the one that has the God Key in possession... and she's actually the key since she merged with it lol.

Rita's older than Kaisar eh... I kinda sensed something was off with her and her family...

LOL, I was freaking sure Favaro and Amira would prove to be the so called "trolls" that were going to attack the village XD.

Okay... I wasn't expecting a zombie village...

Poor Kaisar T.T

Good for Kaisar that Rita is well... kinda... alive I guess lol...
"Let justice be done, though the heavens fall."
Oct 20, 2014 10:11 AM
Jul 2014
What a blast to watch each week! The scenes in the god's domain are a little weird, but pretty much everything else looks phenomenal. Mappa sure knows what to do with cinematography and colour.

So Kaisar has a companion of his own now and Favarro and Amira are slowly becoming acustomed to each other, which is a nice development!
Oct 20, 2014 10:11 AM

Nov 2013
Kaisar: *tells sad life story*
Rita: That was boring.

Good stuff.
Oct 20, 2014 10:19 AM

Jun 2012
Amira
- Doesn't put up with Favaro's shit
- Beats up zombies
- Loves ducks
How can she be so perfect?

Solid ep focusing on Kaisar
Laughed at Kaisar yelling FAVAROOOOO when he woke up and Rita not giving a crap about Kaisar's past
HybridMBLOct 20, 2014 10:22 AM
Oct 20, 2014 10:28 AM

Jun 2014
Loved it, this anime is really diverse and interesting. + the animation is golden.
:3
Oct 20, 2014 10:34 AM
Oct 2010
Pretty awesome, funny thing is I thought the target was her and not the book, I liked that switch. Also liked that they gave us some back story as well as showed us the implications for amira taking the key. I guess that contract dude is going to either take them to Helheim next week or tell them how to get there.

May 2014
Can we establish this as a better animated show with even better character designs than F/SN?

Mar 2013
Hmm, apart from the beginning, this felt a lot like a filler episode. It's nice that we found out about Kaisar's past but he's just not as interesting as Favaro or Amira. And I don't like how we didn't get an explanation of how Rita didn't become a zombie. Or is she one now...?

Hopefully next episode will refocus back on the main duo.

HybridMBL said:
Amira
- Doesn't put up with Favaro's shit
- Beats up zombies
- Loves ducks
How can she be so perfect?

Amira is love. Amira is life.
Oct 20, 2014 10:45 AM

Apr 2014
T3hSource said:
Can we establish this as a better animated show with even better character designs than F/SN?

To be honest I've been enjoying this more than F/SN but maybe that's just me.
Oct 20, 2014 10:47 AM

Dec 2009
Well, I enjoyed this episode a lot more than the previous one.
The addition of Miyuki Sawashiro in the cast helped a bit. :D
T3hSource said:

Are you trying to rile up F/SN fans? This kind of comparisons never lead to anything good.
Oct 20, 2014 10:50 AM

Apr 2013
Great episode that helped flesh out the non-Favaro characters. And now, we can add "Undead Loli" to the list of characters in this show. Pure awesome!!
dankzelOct 20, 2014 7:36 PM
Oct 20, 2014 10:51 AM

Jun 2013
All I have to say is...

"You know nothing Kaisar Lidfard"

I can see him becoming an exact, anime alternative of John Snow. The story about the family and all. Ahh cannot wait for more episodes, will watch them as long as this type of atmosphere, storyline, character&plot development continues. SnB has some potential of being one the 2014 greats. Pretty awesome episode in general

@Reply on my profile, rarely check back forum threads

HummingBird | DeviantArt | MAL | MML

Oct 20, 2014 10:53 AM

Feb 2013
While I appreciate the World-Building and some of the side quest-ish stuff,I heard it was gonna be 13,So wo'nt it just hurt the pacing

-As far as the episode goes,Strange but Awesome
Oct 20, 2014 10:55 AM

Oct 2014
If this keeps up, It can be AOTY!
Oct 20, 2014 10:58 AM
Oct 2010
SalemWitch said:
Hmm, apart from the beginning, this felt a lot like a filler episode. It's nice that we found out about Kaisar's past but he's just not as interesting as Favaro or Amira. And I don't like how we didn't get an explanation of how Rita didn't become a zombie. Or is she one now...?

Hopefully next episode will refocus back on the main duo.

Probably has something to do with that umbrella with the skull on it.

T3hSource said:

Personally I think it is, it definitely has better designs that's for sure. I remember someone complaining about the bikini armour in the first episode, I thought it was a legit complaint until I saw that the angels and Jeanne all have golden armour or full body clothes.

As for animation, it certainly is cleaner than FSN.
Oct 20, 2014 11:06 AM

Jul 2013
Man I really like the show's atmosphere!
Oct 20, 2014 11:11 AM

Feb 2013

Dunno Why,But I LOLed Hard at this Quote
Oct 20, 2014 11:17 AM

Jul 2014
This show is really good, i'm actually enjoying this a lot.

Nice to know that Kaisar has a companion now, and he really needs to let go of his obsession with Favaro.

Overall good episode as always.
Oct 20, 2014 11:18 AM

Dec 2013
Zombies, zombies, zombies !!! I love zombies, missed them so much since the Highschool of the Dead... :( And they look so... dead and rotten. Another beautifully animated episode, love the atmosphere it gives off. This show has the most important thing in anime, in my opinion...

...when 24 minutes passes like there was nothing.
Oct 20, 2014 11:25 AM

Jul 2014
A much slower and much more animeish episode. The revelation with Kaisar's past was sort of anticlimactic. But we haven't heard how Favaro ties in the story yet.

I don't know if I like Rita. It's good that Kaisar got a level-headed partner, but I hoped that he would join Favaro and Amira, also I am not sure that this show needed an undead loli.

And I must agree that I start to worry about the main plot. It's time it kicks in.
Oct 20, 2014 11:29 AM

Nov 2013
This is getting better. Feel like this is underrated by looking at the rankings. Maybe because the art-style is not moe enough?
Oct 20, 2014 11:33 AM

Nov 2009
So Amira is one-winged not because she's some kind of half-blood but because she simply lost her wing in a battle... but it still doesn't explain how a demon could use techs only a god is supposed to be able to use.
ったく、嫌な世の中だよ。
Oct 20, 2014 11:36 AM

Feb 2014
Absolutely loving this so far. My favorite of the season and given the competition that's impressive
Oct 20, 2014 11:44 AM

Jul 2013
vongola-undecimo said:

Dunno Why,But I LOLed Hard at this Quote

I was going to post the same thing. Kaisar is my favourite character so far
Oct 20, 2014 12:02 PM

Nov 2013
What a great episode. I don't even care if it felt somewhat fillerish, there's probably going to be more little quest-type things happening, at least we know the series is shaping up to be something much more with the god key and such.

Kaisar gaining a necro loli as a companion, can anyone predict what's going to happen with this series? :D Entertaining stuff, again, I'm so glad I picked this up.
the official MAL hall of fame/cursed comments is now open for business - you are welcome to PM me any potential quotes to include
Oct 20, 2014 12:04 PM

May 2012
Lolicon detected,. Next gen anime should air everyday :D

Oct 20, 2014 12:10 PM

Jan 2014
FAVAROOOOO *is yelling at a doll*

Amira literally being the God Key was somewhat unexpected to me, but I should have seen it coming.

Good episode that establishes more of Kaiser's backstory and gives him a traveling companion to boot.

Next episode: Reunion at Ysmenport, so I'm hoping the four of them finally team up.

CG said:
So Amira is one-winged not because she's some kind of half-blood but because she simply lost her wing in a battle... but it still doesn't explain how a demon could use techs only a god is supposed to be able to use.

The scene where she's talking about her mother in episode 2 clearly shows an angel cradling her.

edit: screencap

Mod Edit: Put image in spoilers
sarroushOct 20, 2014 6:58 PM
Oct 20, 2014 12:10 PM

Feb 2014
Another fantastic episode!
Good to see new interesting character introduced. I totally don't know where the plot is going at the moment but I'm enjoying it a lot!
5/5
Oct 20, 2014 12:11 PM

Jul 2014
T3hSource said:

Hands down yes. The animation and character design is far from the norm and very unique. Their design is something you hardly see everyday and such. Can't even explain the jizz material animation.
"Hi!"
Oct 20, 2014 12:21 PM

Jan 2013
Rita is not a loli ya'll Little girl ≠ loli. Loli ia a more specific style

Wow! Three weeks in a row this show has been consistently solid. I'm so impressed, I'm officially not worried at all about how the show will turn out

Wonder what Kaisar and Rita will do together. I still think there's a chance all four of them will unite

Oct 20, 2014 12:26 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Another solid episode from the surprise of the season. We now know what Amira has done and why she's being chased (we don't know why she did it though).

I love the contrast between Favaro and Kaisar. One takes everything very dramatically and the other doesn't take anything seriously at all.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Oct 20, 2014 12:56 PM

Oct 2014
Digitalcommunist said:
FAVAROOOOO *is yelling at a doll*

Amira literally being the God Key was somewhat unexpected to me, but I should have seen it coming.

Good episode that establishes more of Kaiser's backstory and gives him a traveling companion to boot.

Next episode: Reunion at Ysmenport, so I'm hoping the four of them finally team up.

CG said:

The scene where she's talking about her mother in episode 2 clearly shows an angel cradling her.

So the reason she was able to steal the key is that she has Angle blood in here, and Probably knows some Techniques, too.
Oct 20, 2014 12:56 PM
Mar 2013
nice ep finally something on kaiser :D i wish to see him more now that he has a companion, also how did rita become an undead like that? need some explanation
Oct 20, 2014 1:00 PM

Oct 2014
Another great episode! It was nice knowing a little bit about what happened to Kaisar in the past and same goes with Amira! Can't wait to see more interactions between Kaisar and Rita.

As usual, animation is top notch.
Oct 20, 2014 1:01 PM

Apr 2013
and another fantastic episode.

really loving the series so far
Oct 20, 2014 1:16 PM
Jul 2018
This is getting really good. So far I have been pretty satisfied with this anime. Animation is quite beautiful and character designs are very good as well.
Exposition is done very well.

So far,my favourite anime of the season along with Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso.
Oct 20, 2014 1:20 PM

Oct 2013
TBH I enjoyed it but I continuously feel this show is falling short every episode. Each one seems to have a ton of potential but never seems to realize it. It's the little annoyances here and there which prevent me from thinking this is great.

I'm hoping that this is a problem just to the first 3 episodes and that things start improving as the action and tension starts ramping up. Either way, I am still looking forward to next weeks episode.
Oct 20, 2014 1:22 PM

Aug 2008
How fun! Rita *survived*! Usually, a character like her would be dead.
Gal3riel said:
also how did rita become an undead like that? need some explanation
Rita clearly that the only way to terminate a zombie is to cut off his/her brain (or damage the brain). Kaisar didn't do that.
KuriniOct 20, 2014 1:26 PM
Oct 20, 2014 1:25 PM

Jul 2010
The demons, humans and the gods! Quite the tension there already.

Amira's became the god key after taking it! To be able to use a god's power while being a demon.

The village Kaiser got into xD I knew something wasn't right with a girl dragging Kaiser in.
All the potions around, burning of the bounty, the food and just further hints Rita gave out.
The town being filled with zombies and Rita as the necromancer. Favaro came to destroy the book, Rita protecting her zombie parents but then was bitten. Really liked Rita's attitude ^^

It was nice seeing that Rita is going to be a traveling companion with Kaiser! She being a walking dead which is kind of interesting too.
Oct 20, 2014 1:35 PM

Nov 2011
dont compare the undead with the dead
P.S. this is better then SNK
Hate Keeps me warm
Oct 20, 2014 1:42 PM

Dec 2013
Gr33ncar said:
dont compare the undead with the dead
P.S. this is better then SNK

How are those even comparable? Oh right, the title... :D
Oct 20, 2014 1:44 PM

Nov 2013
I'm surprised that I am the only one so far that didn't like this episode at all. I don't think a serious tone fits this series.
Honestly, whenever they try to introduce parts of the lore or flesh out someone's backstory, it feels unnecessary and out of place. I just hoped for more great action and silly sketches with the characters.

I'm kind of let down, but the new zombie girl teaming up with Kaisar gives me hope for the next episodes.
Oct 20, 2014 1:46 PM

Apr 2013
deadoptimist said:
I don't know if I like Rita. It's good that Kaisar got a level-headed partner, but I hoped that he would join Favaro and Amira, also I am not sure that this show needed an undead loli.

So if a young girl appears in an anime, she's a loli? Really? Rita isn't even sexualized at all.

Great episode as usual.

EDIT: I might take back what I said, there WAS that end card :P
migohunterOct 20, 2014 3:10 PM
Powerful eyebrows.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shingeki no Bahamut: Genesis Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

HelghastKillzone - Dec 29, 2014

392 by prolecy »»
Feb 24, 1:23 PM

» About the game

sandwich-boy - Dec 27, 2023

3 by Animaticide »»
Dec 27, 2023 12:46 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Bahamut: Genesis Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 15, 2014

152 by i-loathe-sasuke »»
Sep 25, 2023 10:18 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Bahamut: Genesis Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 8, 2014

121 by i-loathe-sasuke »»
Sep 25, 2023 9:53 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Bahamut: Genesis Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 1, 2014

132 by i-loathe-sasuke »»
Sep 25, 2023 5:14 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.