Forum Settings
Forums
Cage of Eden
Available on Manga Store
New
Oct 19, 2014 12:11 AM

Jan 2012
How would you guys rate Cage of Eden if we pretend the ending wasn't rushed and axed?

I just finished reading it I wish I knew the ending was axed before I started but oh well. So many plot holes created by that ending.

Especially Kouhei and Hades basically meaning nothing.

It's a shame because it had such good potential. I can see why people would get tired of those cliffhangers on a weekly bases though, but on a binge read it was incredibly good
Oct 19, 2014 7:41 AM

Aug 2012
Thread Moved.
Oct 19, 2014 7:44 AM

Sep 2013
I agree that the beginning was very entertaining, but when looking at its writing, it's very average, if not below average. To sum it up, it is easy to write a plot with a mystery island, but it takes a good writer to actually pull off the slow unraveling of the mystery.

And the characters were just unintuitive for the most part.
Oct 19, 2014 9:51 AM

Jan 2012
That's a good point I feel like they were so oblivious to the bigger picture of the island for a really long time. Yet they were so sharp and keen on random stuff like when someone was in danger, weak points of animals etc. But then again for a 200 chapter mystery it has to be done that way.

You can't let the characters be too smart or too stupid :P
Oct 19, 2014 5:08 PM
Jul 2018
I felt like the ending was rushed :<
The mysteries are still unsolved.
Oct 19, 2014 6:24 PM

Jan 2012
Yeah apparently it had a low budget and the author had to finish the story in a small amount of time. That's why I was asking for thoughts about the manga in general leaving that part out
Nov 2, 2014 10:52 PM

Jan 2013
orithyea said:
I liked this manga despite the ending, but the one thing that irked me the most was that the story of Hades wasn't touched upon. I was genuinely saddened to learn of its cancellation when it seemed obvious that the author still had plans in mind.

...reminds me of Beelzebub.
lord of the flies huh :x
Jul 2, 2015 5:53 PM

Jan 2014
Well, I would give it a 10/10 for being so entertaining. This is one of those manga you just can't put down once you get started.

Yeah, if the ending weren't rushed, I would rate it even more highly. Also, I think the rushed ending killed Zaji, one of Akira's original party member. Remember the chapter when Zaji fell down the cliff due to serious injuries? That's a death, you think? BUT experienced manga readers will know that unless a body was seen, one can never assume. I always had the feeling that Zaji might pop up again in another another story arc to be reunited with Akira and friends.

The convention in this particular manga was to show images of bodies for the confirmed deaths. That's another point worth considering. The author probably intended to revive Zaji at a later date, but rushed ending made it impossible.
Jul 3, 2015 10:36 PM

Jun 2014
yeah, I also thought that Zaji was still alive.
Sep 14, 2015 7:38 PM

Jan 2010
Teckmeister said:
Well, I would give it a 10/10 for being so entertaining. This is one of those manga you just can't put down once you get started.

Yeah, if the ending weren't rushed, I would rate it even more highly. Also, I think the rushed ending killed Zaji, one of Akira's original party member. Remember the chapter when Zaji fell down the cliff due to serious injuries? That's a death, you think? BUT experienced manga readers will know that unless a body was seen, one can never assume. I always had the feeling that Zaji might pop up again in another another story arc to be reunited with Akira and friends.

The convention in this particular manga was to show images of bodies for the confirmed deaths. That's another point worth considering. The author probably intended to revive Zaji at a later date, but rushed ending made it impossible.

i just thinking saji is hades or he will pop out on sea to fight the big sea dinosaur ( is there will be a sequel ) when akira try to leave on the island

More topics from this board

Poll: » Eden no Ori Chapter 161 Discussion

gmgkng - Jul 13, 2012

24 by DebiPS »»
Jun 3, 2023 1:24 PM

Poll: » Eden no Ori Chapter 159 Discussion

Zhou - Jun 24, 2012

23 by DebiPS »»
Jun 3, 2023 1:17 PM

Poll: » Eden no Ori Chapter 157 Discussion

BackLashWave - Jun 10, 2012

19 by DebiPS »»
Jun 3, 2023 1:07 PM

Poll: » Eden no Ori Chapter 112 Discussion

Keiz - Dec 22, 2011

20 by DebiPS »»
May 30, 2023 3:22 PM

Poll: » Eden no Ori Chapter 94 Discussion

allenallenallen - Jun 22, 2011

26 by DebiPS »»
May 29, 2023 6:31 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.