Forum Settings
Forums
PandoraHearts
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 18, 2014 8:55 AM
Apr 2011
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Alright Pandora Hearts chapter 99 Shade.Okay chapter let me put it in simplist terms

Leo realizises all of the mistakes

We see how Jack kills Oswald

Oz and the group catch up to Glen

Alice goes to the core to save Alyss.
Oct 20, 2014 9:33 PM
Oct 2013
Nice chapter. I wonder how Alice free Alyss from the Abyss. Maybe next chapter will be the last...
I am sad....
Jun should make another manga after Pandora Hearts end.
Nov 9, 2014 5:35 PM

Nov 2011
Holy shit, another kill? Body count is just piling up. I wonder what Alice will do about this as that's quite some determination there.
Nov 10, 2014 2:16 AM

Sep 2013
Extremely well done chap. The reference to Elliot hurt my heart.

I loved the Jack characterization, too.
Nov 10, 2014 7:46 AM

Aug 2010
Why u gotta remind me of Elliot T^T Nice Leo development though :3

And man! I just can't hate Jack! He's the epitome of madness XD A total Psycho. And I love this guy XD

Alice's time to shine :D

Need more OZ >.<!!
Nov 11, 2014 2:06 AM

Aug 2009
^ What everyone said.

I really want to see more Oz (doesn't he look so much more mature now?), but I love how Alice will have a big role next chapter (hopefully!). And yes, the whole Elliot bit really got to me. I just reread the part of the manga where he died a few days ago, so the pain is even worse. TT___TT

But with this chapter the end is finally in sight! I can see the happy end where Alyss is saved and the Abyss is returned to its original golden sparkly state and everyone can be happy together... PLEASE Jun they all deserve it. So no more killing! DD:
Konohana Niji
Translator, Writer, Illustrator
Critic, Reader, Viewer, Gamer

Translator of Akagami no Shirayuki-hime and Deemo -Last Dream-

Tumblr / Twitter
Nov 11, 2014 7:11 PM

Aug 2012
What a chapter. The characterization for Jack, so damn good. Only to be topped by Leo's development and another helping of Elliot feels. Too emotional, so well done. Also liked the bit with Vincent calling for Leo.

Can't wait to see how Alice will save Alyss from the Will of the Abyss, and what part Gil is gonna play. Really hope next one isn't the last, but either way I hope it's a 70+ ch.
Nov 12, 2014 1:04 AM

Jan 2010
Those Elliot feels ;-;
Can't wait to see what Alice does in the next chapter, hopefully they get a happy ending >. <
"Do you have any idea how stupid we are? Don't underestimate us!"
-Gintama
Nov 16, 2014 1:35 PM

Sep 2013
Wow is next chapter really the last one? I'm not prepared for this...

Damn Jack is awesome, completely insane, the characterization in this manga is just great. We are gonna get some Alice/Alyss/Lacie mindfuck next chapter, I look forward to it, and I expect a 70+ page chapter.

I cant't wait to see how this is solved, and hopefully, the aftermath.
Nov 17, 2014 5:43 AM

Nov 2008
I still want Jack to have a happy ending.

While he carries a lot of responsibility for what happened, the part of him that's so broken and influencing him isn't really his fault.
At the end of the day, I just can't hate the man.

Miranda and Levi are the perhaps only really evil people in this story.
Nov 17, 2014 10:46 AM

Jan 2014
Narzia said:
I still want Jack to have a happy ending.

While he carries a lot of responsibility for what happened, the part of him that's so broken and influencing him isn't really his fault.
At the end of the day, I just can't hate the man.

Miranda and Levi are the perhaps only really evil people in this story.

Don't forget Isla Yura. Can't forget Isla Yura.
Nov 18, 2014 1:20 PM

May 2010
Daaaamn, Jack is such a psycho. He doesn't deserve happy ending at all.
Nov 18, 2014 11:44 PM

Jan 2013
Jack is really a tragic character, probably the most. The 'Jack Vessalius exist both here and nowhere' was explained brilliantly.
A big theme of Pandora Hearts is the conflict between the feelings centering the 'now' you live in and the hopes for a better 'now' by changing the past. I guess this is going to turn out into a showdown between the protags and will of the abyss
Kagami_Hiiragi said:
Idc if you think its weird, I have a life and friends and an income of money.

Nov 21, 2014 3:13 PM

Jun 2014
I don't know why after every single chapter lately everyone says the next chapter will be the last. Does it really make sense that we'd only have one chapter left with all the loose ends? Even a 70+ page chapter won't finish this.
Anyway....daaaaaang the character development. We really get to see the psycho in Jack. And I always assumed that Alice cared deeply for her uncle, but this chapter confirmed it...the look on her face...
And then THOSE ELLIOT FEELS OH MY GOD ;-; Well played, Mochizuki-san, well played...
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 22, 2014 4:52 PM
Apr 2012
Everyone has been saying that because there for a while we were told Volume 23 was going to be the last volume. Now there is likely going to be a Volume 24, but it is the last, and was likely done because there simply was not enough room to fit the remaining chapters into one volume, so they made one more. The fact of the matter is, there is enough room with the two remaining volumes left for one or two chapters (or one chapter + an omake) and that's it really.

There is also the PH Event in Ikebukuro, which has an extremely finalizing feel to (walking through and seeing all of the different artwork - the manga covers, the old and new calendar art, the scenes detailing the important moments in the series - Break's death, Ada revealing her true self to Vincent, etc. etc., and being able to see all of the messages made by her fans in Japan and by her assistants - all saying "good job" and "well done on the completion of PH," and etc.).

The final fanbook is coming out this winter and since it is the final fanbook, they are going to want to release it a good deal after the series has concluded in G-Fantasy and likely around the time the final volumes will be released, or so I would assume, in order to avoid possibly spoiling fans who only read the series via volume release (rather than G-Fantasy release). So there just isn't that much time left for the series.

Honestly, I'm expecting like 100 pages for Retrace 101. Also, a lot of the remaining issues are interconnected to each other, solving one can solve the others and so forth, so there isn't -that- much left to resolve. The series is coming to end very soon and many people are just preparing themselves for that.
LilyGinnyBlackNov 22, 2014 6:50 PM
Nov 22, 2014 10:25 PM

Apr 2012
"and then everyone dies, the end!"
Nov 23, 2014 12:31 AM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
Wow, didn't think we would get more characterization on Jack. Jack is the most complex character in this series, and although I've disliked him for the most part, this chapter really makes me think deeper about him. There's just so much contradiction in this guy that I think I really understand everything he has done so far and his motives. Like others have said, he is truly broken. It's hard for me to understand "crazy/insane/psychotic" characters in any other stories, but I think MochiJun does a very good job on making the readers come to see how Jack became like this, or why he is the way he is.

And yeah, I keep thinking, only one more chapter..since they said volume 23 will be the last volume, but based on my previous speculation, they can't really have any more pages otherwise the volume will just be too damn long. Volume 23, if it includes up to chapter 99, will be longer than the longest volume (I think v.22?) which already has a lot of pages compared to any other tankoubon. So I agree with LilyGinnyBlack that there will be a volume 24.
Nov 23, 2014 1:30 AM
Apr 2012
Actually, there *is* very likely going to be a Volume 24. For the Animate Ikebukuro PH Event, if you pre-order Volume 23, Volume 24, Last Dance (the 3rd fanbook), or the second artbook (There is.), you will get a picture of Oz hugging another character (for Volume 23 it is a picture of Oz hugging Gil, there are also pics of Oz hugging Alice, Oz hugging Break, (Oz) Break and Sharon hugging, and Oz, Elliot, and Leo hugging (Mochizuki-sensei said on her blog that she couldn't squeeze in a picture of Echo and Oz hugging, which was regretful) - you get the last one if you pre-order all the items).

That is the only announcement we've gotten so far on Volume 24, but it is likely we will be getting an official announcement soon (or, at least, I hope we will).

Volume 22 had 240 pages, however, the chapter count was kept at 5 chapters. The volumes have always stayed at either 4 or 5 chapters, the only exception being Volume 21, which included the 85.5 omake: Together (which was incredibly short, like only a few pages long, I think it was less than 10).

Counting all of the current chapters (Retrace 100 included) there are currently 302 pages. Volume 23 is likely going to contain up to Retrace 97, usually the volumes end off with a long chapter, and that is the longest of the bunch of new chapters so far (coming in at 67 pages). That would bring the volume page count for Volume 23 to 184 pages. And Volume 24 is likely going to contain Retrace 98 to Retrace 101 + an epilogue omake or something of that sort. So far, if you combine Retrace 98, 99, and 100 you get 118 pages.

The series was announced to be in its climax for a while now (it was stated as such maybe three chapters back now - Mochizuki-sensei made mention of it on her blog), so the resolution should be very soon.

Also, I totally agree with you on Jack, with this chapter everything with Jack literally clicked and I loved it! Mochizuki-sensei has actually done an excellent job of handling and presenting characters that are suffering from mental illness.
LilyGinnyBlackNov 23, 2014 8:36 PM
Nov 27, 2014 8:18 PM

Jun 2014
LilyGinnyBlack said:
For the Animate Ikebukuro PH Event, if you pre-order Volume 23, Volume 24, Last Dance (the 3rd fanbook), or the second artbook (There is.), you will get a picture of Oz hugging another character (for Volume 23 it is a picture of Oz hugging Gil, there are also pics of Oz hugging Alice, Oz hugging Break, (Oz) Break and Sharon hugging, and Oz, Elliot, and Leo hugging (Mochizuki-sensei said on her blog that she couldn't squeeze in a picture of Echo and Oz hugging, which was regretful) - you get the last one if you pre-order all the items).

Where do I order? O.o
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 27, 2014 8:23 PM

Apr 2014
I have a feeling it'll end by having Oz dead... along with everyone else...
I'm happy this chapter didn't have too much of a cliffhanger
but once this manga is done, I'm gonna have to re-read it so I can process everything together..
Ha. Ha. HA. HA. HA. HA. HA. HA.
I'm laughing because you got hurt.
Nov 30, 2014 7:25 AM
Apr 2012
KageNoAbisu said:
LilyGinnyBlack said:
For the Animate Ikebukuro PH Event, if you pre-order Volume 23, Volume 24, Last Dance (the 3rd fanbook), or the second artbook (There is.), you will get a picture of Oz hugging another character (for Volume 23 it is a picture of Oz hugging Gil, there are also pics of Oz hugging Alice, Oz hugging Break, (Oz) Break and Sharon hugging, and Oz, Elliot, and Leo hugging (Mochizuki-sensei said on her blog that she couldn't squeeze in a picture of Echo and Oz hugging, which was regretful) - you get the last one if you pre-order all the items).

Where do I order? O.o

Like I stated, at the Ikebukuro Animate event that they had for Pandora Hearts.

It ran from the 15th to the 30th of November, during that time they had a gallery/exhibit of artwork from Pandora Hearts. It contained pictures from the covers, calendars, and even scenes from the manga (such as Break's death scene, the scene when Vincent found out about Ada's 'true self,' and etc.). You could get special items via the animate lottery (anikuji) and they goods (though, they sold out of all of the non-lottery goods, except the manjuu, within four hours of the first day! T-T It was quite the disappointing site to walk into a room with no goods).

Anyway, it was at that event that you could pre-order the items and get the illustration cards (it would arrive with the item upon delivery). There is no other place where you can pre-order the items yet (the release dates for the last two volumes, the artbook, and the third guidebook are not set yet).

There is going to be another one of these events at the Osaka Animate in 2015 (we haven't gotten the date of it yet).

Hope that helped! :)
Dec 7, 2014 1:37 PM

Jun 2014
LilyGinnyBlack said:
KageNoAbisu said:

Where do I order? O.o

Like I stated, at the Ikebukuro Animate event that they had for Pandora Hearts.

It ran from the 15th to the 30th of November, during that time they had a gallery/exhibit of artwork from Pandora Hearts. It contained pictures from the covers, calendars, and even scenes from the manga (such as Break's death scene, the scene when Vincent found out about Ada's 'true self,' and etc.). You could get special items via the animate lottery (anikuji) and they goods (though, they sold out of all of the non-lottery goods, except the manjuu, within four hours of the first day! T-T It was quite the disappointing site to walk into a room with no goods).

Anyway, it was at that event that you could pre-order the items and get the illustration cards (it would arrive with the item upon delivery). There is no other place where you can pre-order the items yet (the release dates for the last two volumes, the artbook, and the third guidebook are not set yet).

There is going to be another one of these events at the Osaka Animate in 2015 (we haven't gotten the date of it yet).

Hope that helped! :)

It did, thanks ^-^ Unfortunately, I can't go to any of those events, but I hope it'll be available online. I want those cards O.o
Dec 9, 2014 5:19 AM
Apr 2012
^
Do you mean the cards with the male characters (Oz, Gil, Break, Leo, Elliot, and Vincent) with the flowers in the background? If so, those cards can only be acquired if you buy 1,000 + yen of PH goods during the Animate Events (they are going to be at the one in Osaka, too). So, if you buy 5,000 yen worth of PH goods at the event, they you are given five of those cards at random. I'm planning on going to the Osaka Animate Event, and if I get any extras of those illustration cards, which I likely am, then I am going to add them to the PH Goods Giveaway that I will be doing sometime at the beginning of 2015 on my Tumblr.

Anyway, this is getting rather off topic, so I'll just wrap this up here. ^^;
Dec 31, 2014 2:20 PM

Jul 2014
TobiOrNotTobi said:
I have a feeling it'll end by having Oz dead... along with everyone else...
I'm happy this chapter didn't have too much of a cliffhanger
but once this manga is done, I'm gonna have to re-read it so I can process everything together..

You just had to say that and make me even more depressed. Hopefully you're wrong though. I really don't want to see more people dying. Especially Oz. He's had such a tragic life. Well, not just Oz but almost everyone.

Same though, going to re-read the Manga after it ends. "|
Sep 21, 2016 5:58 AM

Sep 2014
Myep, Jack's completely insane.
Levi keeps being a dick.
About time Leo woke up.

Hope Alice will be able to help her sister!
Dec 27, 2016 1:26 AM

Jan 2016
Omg those memories of Elliot were such a nice thing to see :')
Mar 31, 2017 11:46 PM

May 2015
Seeing Elliot hurts a lot but its heartwarming too ;w;
Feb 8, 2018 7:18 AM

Dec 2017
The chapter is very Good especially Jack and Oswald Now I knew what Oswald had done in detail when his head only appeared earlier and the end of the Chapter really good makes you feel that there are very wonderful events waiting Much better than the previous
Allen_Walker84Feb 8, 2018 6:20 PM
May 4, 2023 4:51 PM
Sep 2019
Kinda confused as to which Oswald is fighting with Jack... Oswald from the past was cut in pieces, that was clear, but at the beginning I really did not get who was who, since Reo and Oswald looks so alike... 
May 4, 2023 4:52 PM
Sep 2019
Stark700 said:
Holy shit, another kill?
Nah, that was how Oswald died in the past. Cut in pieces, remember? This happened already.

More topics from this board

» Is this better than Vanitas no Carte?

AjiX101 - Feb 17, 2022

10 by 234Mannan »»
Mar 6, 4:25 AM

Poll: » Pandora Hearts Chapter 51 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Cho_Desu - Jul 18, 2010

59 by de9 »»
Jan 17, 5:12 PM

Poll: » Pandora Hearts Chapter 49 Discussion

meeooowwwww - May 19, 2010

43 by de9 »»
Jan 17, 4:38 PM

Poll: » Pandora Hearts Chapter 23 Discussion

Shouichirou - Jun 13, 2009

13 by de9 »»
Jan 14, 9:46 AM

Poll: » Pandora Hearts Chapter 34 Discussion

HawthorneKitty - Jul 10, 2009

38 by hidarslan »»
Dec 24, 2023 7:46 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.