Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (18) « First ... « 13 14 [15] 16 17 » ... Last »
Oct 24, 2014 3:22 PM

Sep 2014
insan3priest said:
chickenonthepan said:
I just rewatch episode 2.

Just my feeling or the nose looks really off in this shot?

I guess the problem doesn't limit to anyone.

I'm going to be honest here, I wish you guys would stfu about the noses.

Word. The characters look awesome imo.
Oct 24, 2014 4:35 PM

Jan 2014
InsertPriestHere said:
I'm going to be forever irritated that Ufo didn't use a black bishop piece for the chess piece preview of this episode at the end of episode 1. >.>

They used the black queen. And you know who it represents. :P
Oct 24, 2014 5:37 PM

Dec 2010
Good episode, they didn't miss on anything, another great throwback to FSN.
Oct 24, 2014 10:10 PM

Sep 2013
mirakura said:
chickenonthepan said:
I just rewatch episode 2.

Just my feeling or the nose looks really off in this shot?

I guess the problem doesn't limit to anyone.

I honestly don't know >u< all Saber is fine Saber. I normally can tell bad mistakes, even when small, but maybe UFO Saber is to glorious :3 All I can think of wrong with this picture, is that the blue is too dark, or maybe that's just me and too many fan art XD Nevertheless, that's how everyone else's side nose if drawn, it's UFO style. And we know now WHY the noses were so bad in the prologue...

Every character on this show is pure eye candy.

Shirou's character design is the best yet. Not just the animation, but the way he looks. Muuuuuuccccchhhhhh better than Deen (who made him look a bit like a fool)

Saber has honestly never looked better

I had a small issue with Rin's look, but really I just needed to get used to it. She looks great too.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 25, 2014 1:33 AM

Aug 2014
chickenonthepan said:
InsertPriestHere said:
I'm going to be forever irritated that Ufo didn't use a black bishop piece for the chess piece preview of this episode at the end of episode 1. >.>

They used the black queen. And you know who it represents. :P

I guess it can work if the black king is a certain character.
But mmmm. Irritation. A Bishop piece should have been used for Kirei dammnit. >.>
Meritas said:

Not really? Both are adaptations of the VN, that's all, this one more faithful (thus far) to it's selected route than the last.
InsertanamehereOct 25, 2014 6:21 AM
Oct 25, 2014 1:36 AM

Jul 2007
InsertPriestHere said:

Meritas said:

Not really? Both are adaptations of the VN, that's all, this one more faithful (thus far) to it's selected route than the last.

Calling DEEN FSN an adaptation is giving it praise it does not deserve.
Oct 25, 2014 1:52 AM

Aug 2014
CookingPriest said:
InsertPriestHere said:

Fine, DEEN F/SN is a mutation of the Fate route. With bits and pieces from other routes spliced in.
Oct 25, 2014 6:25 AM

Aug 2014
The vn character designs are still the best.

Anime is good, fucking deal with it.
Oct 25, 2014 6:54 AM

Oct 2012
That was terrible.

I think my gallbladder exploded.
Oct 25, 2014 6:59 AM

Sep 2014
InsertPriestHere said:
CookingPriest said:

Fine, DEEN F/SN is a mutation of the Fate route. With bits and pieces from other routes spliced in.
AnimalAbuse said:
That was terrible.

I think my gallbladder exploded.

Lol, animal abuse indeed :3
The sun is a deadly laser
Oct 25, 2014 5:47 PM

Dec 2009
The intensity in the church was real.

I doubt Shirou and Tousaka will fight off the bat. Maybe at the conclusion of the way, but I see them being friends for now.
Oct 25, 2014 6:59 PM

Mar 2014
Oh looks its Berserker. xD
It's ironic how Kirei said masters dont have to kill other masters.
What happened to Illya?!! She looks soo evil compared to Fate Zero.
Zanos1Oct 25, 2014 7:03 PM
MAL: A community that thinks every anime is bad, but rates everything a 7/10.
Oct 26, 2014 1:25 AM

Jul 2008
And there is Kirei...the bastard incarnate.
Oct 26, 2014 5:37 AM

Dec 2012
There is.. something odd about Rin. I'm not sure why, but her character design (mostly her face) and her voice actor just doesn't do Rin justice IMO. It doesn't really fit her. Is it just me? Wellp. I'm sorry Rin D: this is going to bother me for a bit.
However. 5/5 episode ;) I really hope they keep this up.
Oct 26, 2014 5:40 AM

Oct 2013
Ourka said:
There is.. something odd about Rin. I'm not sure why, but her character design (mostly her face) and her voice actor just doesn't do Rin justice IMO. It doesn't really fit her. Is it just me? Wellp. I'm sorry Rin D: this is going to bother me for a bit.

Ueda Kana has been voicing Rin in every single media Rin appears in though, and this show is of course no exception. =X
Oct 26, 2014 5:41 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Ourka said:
eh? Rin has the same seiyuu she's had for the last decade... who else would it be? o.O
Oct 26, 2014 6:03 AM

Jun 2009
Can't believe someone just suggested Ueda Kana, who has been voicing Rin all this time, doesn't fit the character.....
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Oct 26, 2014 6:05 AM

Aug 2014
insan3priest said:
Can't believe someone just suggested Ueda Kana, who has been voicing Rin all this time, doesn't fit the character.....

It's almost like saying Nakata doesn't fit Kirei.
Oct 26, 2014 6:12 AM

Jun 2009
InsertPriestHere said:
insan3priest said:

It's almost like saying Nakata doesn't fit Kirei.

Well, it's bad to say that for pretty much any of the VA's considering all of these people have been voicing these characters for quite a while now. And well too.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Oct 26, 2014 6:32 AM

Dec 2012
HaXXspetten said:
Ourka said:
eh? Rin has the same seiyuu she's had for the last decade... who else would it be? o.O

Ughhh. I need to go rewatch the previous ones then.
Was her voice always so.. high pitched? It sounds like it was artificially altered.
No. Its me who's wrong.
I MUST REPENT. REFORM. REIMAGINE. RIN IS PERFECT THE WAY SHE IS.
Oct 26, 2014 6:40 AM

Jun 2009
Yeah, Rin has always sounded like this.

- Geralt of Rivia
Oct 26, 2014 6:53 AM

Sep 2013
Why did you pick Kana Ueda-san as Rin?

Takeuchi: Her voice is too cute, but we dared to make Rin's voice cute.

Nasu: We thought, "Should we look for another possibility for Rin's voice? How about making Rin act overly proud with a cute voice? However it could be risky."
Oct 26, 2014 7:26 AM

Jan 2014
Ourka said:

Watch episode 3. Rin's face is freaking perfect there.

Ufotable learns something. :))

And yeah, as they said above, Rin's VA is always Kana.
Oct 28, 2014 5:17 PM

Oct 2013
love rin she so dam adorable !!
[/quote]
Oct 31, 2014 11:08 AM

Jun 2014
Wow, he's about to cum
Oct 31, 2014 11:21 AM

Sep 2014
chickenonthepan said:

Did they fire the guy who dare to make such a blasphemy to Rin(ho)'s face?
Oct 31, 2014 11:37 AM

Jun 2009
KeyToCourage said:
chickenonthepan said:

I'm sure it will be fixed in the BD's.

- Geralt of Rivia
Oct 31, 2014 11:43 AM

Sep 2013
KeyToCourage said:
chickenonthepan said:

There were two main artists for the characters at ufotable, although Tabata Hisayuki is the new third guy joining Ikariya and Sudou for the character design. Tabata did the first episodes iirc. Sudou was taking care of episode 3, hence the different looking faces.

Btw, Sudou is the Sakurafag, if you were wondering why Sakura looked so good. huehuehue

CapsuleCoreOct 31, 2014 12:06 PM
Oct 31, 2014 12:44 PM

Sep 2014
Can Sudou be in charge from now on? Everything looks better, chin, hair, eyes, cheeks.

CorePriest said:
Btw, Sudou is the Sakurafag, if you were wondering why Sakura looked so good. huehuehue

Yup and the director is an Ilya fan, Rin has no luck.
KeyToCourageOct 31, 2014 12:48 PM
Oct 31, 2014 12:45 PM

Jan 2014
CorePriest said:
KeyToCourage said:

There were two main artists for the characters at ufotable, although Tabata Hisayuki is the new third guy joining Ikariya and Sudou for the character design. Tabata did the first episodes iirc. Sudou was taking care of episode 3, hence the different looking faces.

So which design will be used from now? Lol...
Oct 31, 2014 12:48 PM

Jun 2009
chickenonthepan said:

Probably depends on the episode, then.

- Geralt of Rivia
Oct 31, 2014 12:52 PM

Jan 2014
insan3priest said:
chickenonthepan said:

Hmm, they should agree on one design only lol.
Oct 31, 2014 1:54 PM

Jul 2013
insan3priest said:
chickenonthepan said:

This. Though thanks to the third PV, we know that at least for the next episode (and possibly the one after that) her design will be back to the one used in the first episodes.

chickenonthepan said:
Hmm, they should agree on one design only lol.

Technically, they have. Tabata's design is supposed to be her official design for the anime, but it seems Sudou's been given free reign to use his own at least for the episodes he's in charge of animating.
UBW is basically a route about three tsunderes constantly bashing their heads against one another.
Oct 31, 2014 1:56 PM

Sep 2013
Discussion about faces is going on in this thread.
Oct 31, 2014 2:03 PM

Jul 2013
CorePriest said:
Discussion about faces is going on in this thread.

Oh, thanks for the pointers. And sorry for the further derail here, I'll just excuse myself now.
UBW is basically a route about three tsunderes constantly bashing their heads against one another.
Nov 12, 2014 11:01 PM

Jan 2014
Nice pacing. :)
Nov 15, 2014 5:06 AM

Jun 2013
Good build up after the last two episodes knowing nothing about the plot.
Bit annoyed by Shirou's sense of justice. Urgh.
Nov 16, 2014 9:04 AM

Jun 2014
Good intro to people who haven't watched fate/stay night.

Nov 29, 2014 9:08 PM

Sep 2011
depiction of Emiya is FAR FAR better.
"Justice Never Dies!" - Kenji Endou, 20th century Boys
Dec 19, 2014 1:18 AM

Oct 2013
Yeeeaaaahhhh, watching this just after finishing the VN was probably a bad idea when I can't help but notice and complain about even the smallest things not being emphasized properly. lol

Fuck, this was a great episode with flawless pacing though. The next episode should be INTENSE.

Rin wigglin' her butt doe.

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
Dec 19, 2014 2:31 AM

Nov 2013
Zadion said:
Yeeeaaaahhhh, watching this just after finishing the VN was probably a bad idea when I can't help but notice and complain about even the smallest things not being emphasized properly. lol
Join us tomorrow in the official general discussion thread's monologue wars or whatever.
Dec 19, 2014 2:32 AM

Aug 2009
StrayBotato said:
Zadion said:
Join us tomorrow in the official general discussion thread's monologue wars or whatever.
I guess the reason nothing happened this week is because everyone is preparing for tomorrow huh?
Dec 19, 2014 2:39 AM

Nov 2013
HentaiPriest said:
StrayBotato said:
I guess the reason nothing happened this week is because everyone is preparing for tomorrow huh?
Everyone is pinning their hopes on the next episode so yeah.
Dec 19, 2014 5:31 AM

Jul 2007
StrayBotato said:
HentaiPriest said:
Everyone is pinning their hopes on the next episode so yeah.

Next two episodes.

I have HOPES on them NOT fucking up the next ep, but the hour long one is where my hopes for salvation lie.
Jan 2, 2015 1:33 AM

Aug 2013
Rin is soooooooo cute.. oh my god what is she trying to seduce me ??
I find it so funny when Mr.Bastard was explaining the grail war stuff to Shirou.
Illya WOOHHHHHH my favorite girl spotted !!!!
Jan 3, 2015 1:46 AM

Mar 2014
Does anyone know what happened with the pendant? I mean, in episode 0 it was shown that Archer retrieved it and gave it back to Rin, but in episode 1 Shirou picked it up. And then he put it in a drawer in episode 2. Does this hold any meaning that will be explained later or was it a minor mistake?
Jan 3, 2015 1:58 AM

May 2014
danae17 said:
Does anyone know what happened with the pendant? I mean, in episode 0 it was shown that Archer retrieved it and gave it back to Rin, but in episode 1 Shirou picked it up. And then he put it in a drawer in episode 2. Does this hold any meaning that will be explained later or was it a minor mistake?

Considering the pendant is featured heavily in the OP you can bet it is.

I'm amazed you picked it up, just remember where the pendant is for later because most people have forgotten about it post Ep2.
Jan 3, 2015 2:02 AM

May 2012
danae17 said:

Man i'm so glad someone actually noticed it lol, I'm surprised so many people miss this. Keep it in mind, it's pretty important.
Jan 3, 2015 3:44 AM

May 2011
WrongPriest said:
danae17 said:

I'm amazed you picked it up, just remember where the pendant is for later because most people have forgotten about it post Ep2.

considering it is shown a lot in the ending also... i don't even understand why so few people did not mention it
... so people do forget the previous episodes right ?
Jan 3, 2015 3:47 AM

Nov 2014
normalpriest said:
WrongPriest said:

considering it is shown a lot in the ending also... i don't even understand why so few people did not mention it
... so people do forget the previous episodes right ?

I think it has something to do with the weekly showings. It was much easier for my friend to remember the pendant when he watched the first two episodes consecutively.

Pages (18) « First ... « 13 14 [15] 16 17 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 25, 2014

1042 by Alice_Huxley »»
Feb 13, 4:23 PM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 27, 2014

2751 by keynutil »»
Jan 29, 9:06 AM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 20, 2014

903 by keynutil »»
Jan 29, 5:00 AM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 13, 2014

1630 by SanessyAdversary »»
Jan 19, 12:54 PM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 6, 2014

708 by SanessyAdversary »»
Jan 14, 1:25 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.