Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Sword Art Online (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Oct 18, 2014 7:59 AM

Nov 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Journey in the "fairy" world to get Excalibur. But current situation is bad with working with titans and delete flying elephants as mission. Excalibur is fake because it got disappeared.

Kirito teasing cat Sinon is not a good joke, sort of.

I'm still thinking how epic was last OP that I don't like the current OP for some reason. ED is ok, too, because Luna Haruna's ED was better. Wait, No More Time Machine? Where did Shirushi (シルシ), which was originally announced, go? I know CM mentions that No More Time Machine will be included in Shirushi, but will Shirushi be used as ED?
tsubasaloverOct 18, 2014 8:45 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Oct 18, 2014 8:01 AM

Nov 2007
That cat scratch.
Oct 18, 2014 8:06 AM

Oct 2014

LOL Is Kirito now Meliodas?

Oct 18, 2014 8:16 AM

Nov 2007
tsubasalover said:
I'm still thinking how epic was last OP that I don't like the current OP for some reason. ED is ok, too, because Luna Haruna's ED was better. Wait, No More Time Machine? Where did Shirushi (シルシ), which was originally announced, go? I know CM mentions that it No More Time Machine will be included in Shirushi, but will Shirushi be used as ED?

We were wondering why it was different as well when the ED was on. Turns out「シルシ」will be used as the ED for Mother's Rosario-hen. 「No More Time Machine」for Caliber-hen, as we saw tonight.

《マザーズ・ロザリオ》編 エンディングテーマ 「シルシ」、《キャリバー》編 エンディングテーマ 「No More Time Machine」を収録!

Source: http://www.swordart-online.net/sp/calibur/music/index.html

On this episode, it was funny to see Kirito teasing Sinon by pulling her tail. Her ears look great though lol.
The News Club: Quality News/Discussion (anime, CDs, manga, novels, games, seiyuu), & sales data (daily, weekly, mid-year, yearly).
Oct 18, 2014 8:30 AM

Nov 2007
Ejc said:
We were wondering why it was different as well when the ED was on. Turns out「シルシ」will be used as the ED for Mother's Rosario-hen. 「No More Time Machine」for Caliber-hen, as we saw tonight.

《マザーズ・ロザリオ》編 エンディングテーマ 「シルシ」、《キャリバー》編 エンディングテーマ 「No More Time Machine」を収録!

Source: http://www.swordart-online.net/sp/calibur/music/index.html

Ok. Thanks.
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Oct 18, 2014 8:33 AM

Jul 2007
The OP and ED are clearly intended only for Caliber.

OP visuals most likely will be entirely different for MR, as implied by word CALIBER flashing at the start of that.

So far decent adaptation. Jotunheim got "retconed in" as if it happened via short flashback, but it is still sad A1 skipped it last season in Fairy Dance, as this arc would hold more weight.

Overall its a very nice "how far we come" story, a midpoint breather, so to say, of the whole team participating in something grand.

4/5
Oct 18, 2014 8:40 AM

Nov 2011
I like the previous OP song better tbh. It had a decent setup I suppose for the beginning of this arc. Oh that scene of teasing Sinon was just priceless. Kinda saw it coming though for some reason.
Oct 18, 2014 9:19 AM

Feb 2009
Not a fan of the new OP but I like the new ED.
Whole Jotunheim chapter got compressed into a flashback. One of the screwups of the first season among other things but let's not open that can of worms right now.
Decent start of the arc. Infodump of the quest and how to resolve it. You know it's serious when Kirito equips his second sword. Should be good.

[x]Touch Sinon's fluffy tail
Oct 18, 2014 9:52 AM

Apr 2012
I am not a fan of the ALO stories. I guess this anime ends here for me ^^
Oct 18, 2014 9:54 AM
Oct 2012
Tendou-kun said:

There is one more episode in ALO, then they port back to SAO for the final arc.
Oct 18, 2014 9:55 AM

Sep 2011
Tendou-kun said:

Because one episode of ALO = Rest of any other story being shit.
Oct 18, 2014 9:59 AM
Sep 2013
well back into Alo like the new opening and Sinon has feline is lol. Wonder how long this will be. Ending is ok. Kirito back to dual wielding.
Oct 18, 2014 10:01 AM

Jul 2013
YES THE OLD GROUP IS BACK!

woohoo new arc!

TyrelOct 19, 2014 12:19 PM
Oct 18, 2014 10:04 AM
Sep 2013
Better OP than the first half IMO, and it's kinda.. different feel to hear LiSA not singing an upbeat song.

Dont know how it will turn out so i'll look forward to it and prepare for MR
Oct 18, 2014 10:05 AM

Jul 2010
The quest to get the Excalibur!
Sinon's avatar and Kirito pulling her tail!
So Leafa was really the only one to find the thing cute.
The tyrants getting the other players to kill the other monsters and the reward being a fake sword! That was a lot of the info said by the queen.

Looking forward to the dungeon and a little of Excalibur's power.
Oct 18, 2014 10:09 AM

Jan 2014
Tendou-kun said:
lol,goodbyeWe all here because we are Masochists who loved ALO arc the most,get over it already

Worths the wait...Nice to see them swords again,no more guns pls :I

OP and ED songs sounds better the more i listen...

lol,Yui riding that dragon again
TyrelOct 19, 2014 12:19 PM
Oct 18, 2014 10:14 AM

Aug 2010
Nice ep :3 Well at least they put a flashback about Tonkii :P

Loving the scenery of Jotunheim. As usual from SAO :3 Scenery is always beautiful ^^

And all Dat Sinon cuteness >.<!! Loving her and Kirito's interactions so damn much esp the tail grab XD Her reaction was HHNNNNGGGG <3 Dat blushing and scratching XD
Kirito so chill :P

Liked the visuals in the OP, song was alright. ED was pretty good too.

I really like Kirito and Sinon's designs in Caliber a lot :D
Oct 18, 2014 10:14 AM

Jul 2014
They port back to SAO after the end of this arc? Hopefully this arc isn't too long then, cos I can't stand the ALO stuff at all. Stuff set in SAO, however, is far more exciting and interesting.

Bring it on.

As for this episode, talk about a massive info-dump. At least that should make room for lots of action next episode.
Oct 18, 2014 10:15 AM

Jan 2014
Well this is different from what I expected.
I expected the Mother Rosaria arc but I guess they are showing another arc.
Looks promising even though I'm not to fond of ALO.
Oct 18, 2014 10:15 AM

Aug 2014
Mmm...not sure between this OP and the last one.
That aside, mostly good episode, and as has been said, too bad they didn't have the Jotunheimr scene from the LN's in last season.
Takuan_Soho said:
Tendou-kun said:

There is one more episode in ALO, then they port back to SAO for the final arc.

No, the rest of the series is in ALO too*. Too bad for him, seeing as that arc is better than all the preceding.
Though it is in Aincrad.
Oct 18, 2014 10:20 AM
Aug 2013
W8 is there a new arc after this ALO bit currently aired on the anime?
Oct 18, 2014 10:24 AM

Jun 2008
Did I just watched a filler? That was utter shiet.
DizzeeOct 18, 2014 10:32 AM
Oct 18, 2014 10:25 AM

Dec 2009
Pfft they reduced the whole Leafa and Kirito character development moment with Tonkii in ALO into a simple montage. I was hoping they'd actually animate that small arc of introducing Jotunheimr.

Still love the scene where Kirito grab Sinon's tail. Never fails to crack me up. Kyaa~

And naw, it's not a filler. It's from the Side story called Caliber. Which is one of the rare traditional actual dungeon crawling arcs in SAO.
Oct 18, 2014 10:26 AM

Jun 2013
I like Sinon in ALO avatar, so this arc is good for me. Look for next episode.
Oct 18, 2014 10:27 AM
Apr 2013
I like the Shinon avatar, but that doesn't change the fact that the whole episode was bad.
Oct 18, 2014 10:30 AM

Jul 2007
Dizzee said:
Did I just watched a fiiller? That was utter shiet.

Not filler. Its in source material.

danieltortoisee said:
They port back to SAO after the end of this arc? Hopefully this arc isn't too long then, cos I can't stand the ALO stuff at all. Stuff set in SAO, however, is far more exciting and interesting.

Bring it on.

As for this episode, talk about a massive info-dump. At least that should make room for lots of action next episode.

Were you even paying attention?

ALO is SAO

The original SAO was erased.
ALO is the world that is essentially an improved SAO.
Oct 18, 2014 10:37 AM

Jun 2008
Ok it seems it's just a side story according to SAO wikia, no wonder it was so boring, lol.
Oct 18, 2014 10:39 AM

Sep 2012
Boring and cheesy as fuck.
2/10 episode.
Oh god who are you people?
Oct 18, 2014 10:41 AM

Jun 2008
chakracat said:
Boring and cheesy as fuck.
2/10 episode.

I agree, it was boring and pointless. Sadly The fourth arc will not be animated this season.
Oct 18, 2014 10:42 AM

Jan 2013
Ohhh the swords are back.
Not that i fisliked GGO, but swords are better.
Excalibur arc looks more colourful than GGO.
That tail grab :3
The OP and ED are good.
Oct 18, 2014 10:43 AM

Jan 2013
I didn't expect them to finish the last arc completely. Kinda feels strange.
I also think that the previous OP/ED is better.

Oct 18, 2014 10:44 AM
Jul 2018
We are on Caliber's arc now.

It was good to see they made a flashback about Tonkii.

I really like Sinon's ALO avatar, I also like how Kirito grabbed her tail.
Oct 18, 2014 10:49 AM

Dec 2013
I prefer the settings of ALO/SAO than GGO. Good to see them back.
Stay in yesterday 時を止めて
Oct 18, 2014 10:52 AM

Feb 2014
Thank you based A1-Pictures for Cat Shinon.
The new OP has a really nice animation but I prefer the music in the first one, same with the ED.
I'm more excited for the last arc than this one, but let's see how this goes.
Oct 18, 2014 10:54 AM

Sep 2014
Looks like a meh... arc to me.
Oct 18, 2014 10:55 AM

Jul 2014
I don't remember this arc at all... Well I just finished Mother's Rosario. Should I skip the arc after that? I heard it had something to do with the 8th episode of SAO season one.
"Hi!"
Oct 18, 2014 10:55 AM

Jul 2014
SAO season 2 just officially turned into a shit.

Oct 18, 2014 10:56 AM

Mar 2012
Not really much to say about this episode except I loved the character interactions. GGO was a pretty intense arc so I suppose I can see why we're getting three episodes of light hearted fun to separate GGO and Mother's Rosario.

On a side note, I love the OP and ED. No complaints from me about Haruka Tomatsu and LiSA doing the themes again. It's like a nice little love letter for the fans of the series.

Dizzee said:
Sadly The fourth arc will not be animated this season.
And with good reason. People want to see Mother's Rosario animated. Plus they're going to need a hell of a lot more than 10 episodes to cover the entire arc.
Oct 18, 2014 10:57 AM

Jul 2014
Not being an elitist dick but ive read calibur & mother rosario. I can easily say these will be the best arcs of any SAO arc ever by far.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 18, 2014 10:58 AM
Mar 2012
>Not a fan of ALO
>Not a fan of ALO
>Not a fan of ALO

Expected most of the posts to be like that. I'd like to note ALO is definitely the best VR game out of Sword Art Online, Gun Gale Online, ALfeim Online, and LUNASCAPE. Why not SAO? Because ALO is practically SAO plus much much more. If you're complaining that ALO doesn't have the death game feel, don't confuse an arc that's associated with a game. One of the best arcs also take place in ALO (Mother's Rosario). Just because one of the worst arcs of the series took place in ALO doesn't mean the game sucks. (Inb4 "but Leafa, Asuna, and Yui is in it")

Other than that, I'm glad they had some sort of flashback to the scenes they skipped in the first season, but it would have been much better if it got its own episode in place of the pointless 14.5. (Why show something again when you can animate something you didn't show?) New OP/ED definitely gave some nostalgia, and since Yuuki isn't featured, I'm guessing Mother's Rosario will get a new OP/ED set?

But oh boy, the animation quality of ALO of this season to last season is incomparable. We got some previews from the Phantom Bullet arc, but with a whole episode dedicated to just ALO, one can totally appreciate it. Caliber won't be as good as Phantom Bullet or Mother's Rosario, but it will be enjoyable nonetheless. The manga adaption made it into a nice comedy compared to the original light novel, let's see how A-1 will approach it.
Oct 18, 2014 10:58 AM

Jul 2014
SeibaaPriest said:
Not really much to say about this episode except I loved the character interactions. GGO was a pretty intense arc so I suppose I can see why we're getting three episodes of light hearted fun to separate GGO and Mother's Rosario.

On a side note, I love the OP and ED. No complaints from me about Haruka Tomatsu and LiSA doing the themes again. It's like a nice little love letter for the fans of the series.

Dizzee said:
Sadly The fourth arc will not be animated this season.
And with good reason. People want to see Mother's Rosario animated. Plus they're going to need a hell of a lot more than 10 episodes to cover the entire arc.

I think they can do MR in ten episodes. I literally blinked and it was finished. It's quite a short arc.
"Hi!"
Oct 18, 2014 11:01 AM
Mar 2012
M3k4toku said:
I don't remember this arc at all... Well I just finished Mother's Rosario. Should I skip the arc after that? I heard it had something to do with the 8th episode of SAO season one.
Not the 8th episode of SAO I, it was something they skipped in the second half of the series. Caliber occurred in the 8th volume, so after Mother's Rosario. Chronologically, it happened before MR.
Oct 18, 2014 11:04 AM

Mar 2012
M3k4toku said:
SeibaaPriest said:

I think they can do MR in ten episodes. I literally blinked and it was finished. It's quite a short arc.
I assumed he was referring to Alicization because it's been confirmed that MR is happening this season.
Oct 18, 2014 11:05 AM

Jan 2014
Quite liked the new OP, ED not so much.

Interesting start. Not sure how to feel about that whole NPCs turning into AIs and all that yet, but we'll see.

Sinon's reaction when Kirito pulled on her tail :3.
Oct 18, 2014 11:06 AM

Jun 2008
SeibaaPriest said:
M3k4toku said:

I assumed he was referring to Alicization because it's been confirmed that MR is happening this season.

Yes, I checked on SAO wikia and it says Alicization Arc is the fourth.
Oct 18, 2014 11:07 AM

Jul 2012
I feel whiplash.
I want more transition.
Like ASADA-SAN, ASADA-SAN, ASADA-SAN visiting Shinkawa.
Oct 18, 2014 11:13 AM

May 2010
Kinda interesting how everyone's hating on alo even though aincrad was merged into alo, heck even the sword abilities got added in. Oh well, it does sound like it'll be an interesting arc, and who knows maybe they're planning for MR to be SAO-3 o.o

Aug 2007
Not a bad start for an arc. Going to need to some light hearted fun after the whole seriousness last arc had. Well best part of the episode was Kirito teasing Sinon when he grabbed her tail. I can't wait to see how things unfold in this since it doesn't seem like a normal quest.

Sent with Mal Updater

Sep 2014
CookingPriest said:
Dizzee said:
Did I just watched a fiiller? That was utter shiet.

danieltortoisee said:

Bring it on.

ALO is SAO

So essentially the New Aincrad castle is in ALO right ? They showed them flying to the new castle at the end of the first season if I am not mistaken right ?
Oct 18, 2014 11:15 AM
Mar 2012
Bomb2chest said:
CookingPriest said:

ALO is SAO

So essentially the New Aincrad castle is in ALO right ? They showed them flying to the new castle at the end of the first season if I am not mistaken right ?
Yes. And I'm just tempted to make a thread stating ALO is a game, not the arc. ALO > SAO. Why? ALO is the much more improved version of SAO. If you miss your death game, go cry about the Aincrad arc, not the SAO game.
Pages (8) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sword Art Online II Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 19, 2014

835 by Vivid_7 »»
Apr 21, 2:09 PM

Poll: » Sword Art Online II Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

-Karoshi- - Dec 20, 2014

618 by MinaseNagi »»
Apr 17, 6:11 PM

Poll: » Sword Art Online II Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 26, 2014

958 by maki_evergarden »»
Mar 17, 9:33 AM

Poll: » Sword Art Online II Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Oct 25, 2014

289 by erixqh »»
Feb 22, 12:26 PM

Poll: » Sword Art Online II Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 12, 2014

762 by minu11 »»
Jan 26, 5:10 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.