Forum Settings
Forums
New
Oct 17, 2014 1:55 AM

Sep 2014
I haven't seen one anime that has that type of weapon. I don't know if there IS any anime that has it. If it does, can you please reply. It is my overall favourite weapon of all time. If there isn't an anime that has it, THEY NEED TO MAKE ONE! Every scythe in anime I've seen only has scythes with long blades, they are all single sided.
レムって、誰のこと?
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Oct 17, 2014 1:58 AM

Apr 2013
Soul Eater is the first one that comes to mind, though the scythe there is not always double-sided.
Oct 17, 2014 2:05 AM
Sep 2014
Soul eater
Oct 17, 2014 2:28 AM

Nov 2013
hisagi's (bleach) zanpakutou is a double-sided one
mitch3315 said:
Sasuke and Naruto kissed, show is obviously hardcore yaoi.
Oct 17, 2014 2:30 AM

Sep 2014
Can I have atleast a picture of the scythe? I might watch it once I see it.

MIGHT.

teh_C, I am not talking about that. I meant a single scythe with one blade a the tip of the handle and another blade at the other tip but in the opposite direction.

Mod edit:
Double post merged.
AversaOct 17, 2014 11:13 AM
レムって、誰のこと?
Oct 17, 2014 2:36 AM

Sep 2014
Scythes seem like they would be unusable in battle
Oct 17, 2014 2:36 AM

Nov 2013
ah, i see. sorry. hm, in bleach there must be a few characters who use them, not sure tho... gonna google some more
mitch3315 said:
Oct 17, 2014 2:38 AM

Sep 2014
teh_C said:
ah, i see. sorry. hm, in bleach there must be a few characters who use them, not sure tho... gonna google some more

K, thanks
レムって、誰のこと?
Oct 17, 2014 2:54 AM

Sep 2014
It's kind of funny how the side characters are always stuck with the bows, knives, and axes

Protagonists seem to prefer swords
Oct 17, 2014 3:02 AM

Sep 2014
notsomacho said:
It's kind of funny how the side characters are always stuck with the bows, knives, and axes

Well, swords were invented for weapon purposes, while scythes are originally used for farming purposes.
レムって、誰のこと?
Oct 17, 2014 3:03 AM

Sep 2014
TheCorruptedWolf said:
notsomacho said:

Well, swords were invented for weapon purposes, while scythes are originally used for farming purposes.

I think you meant to quote my other comment
Oct 17, 2014 3:25 AM

Nov 2013
okay, seems there aren't any more in bleach... ._.
mitch3315 said:
Oct 17, 2014 3:39 AM

Sep 2014
Scythes are powerful weapons. What makes a double-sided scythe more unique is that it is faster to attack with. To attack with the double-sided scythe, it requires two hands like a normal scythe, but instead of one slash, it requires alternating arms, that's why it attacks faster. It also has two blades, so double the chance of hitting and since the blades are the same weight, the scythe is basically balanced, while a normal scythe will fall to one side when you hold the middle.

But I guess a double-sided scythe is a bit heavier.
teh_C said:
okay, seems there aren't any more in bleach... ._.

Can you try to look in other animes too?
AversaOct 17, 2014 11:12 AM
レムって、誰のこと?
Oct 17, 2014 11:12 AM

Apr 2010
Thread moved

Thread moved to the Anime & Manga Recommendations board.
Oct 17, 2014 11:48 AM

Jun 2014
07 ghost, one of the mc used sycthe as weapon, not sure if its a double sided tho
Oct 17, 2014 11:54 AM

Jul 2014
It's not too common.

But Dead Master in Black Rock Shooter has a normal Scythe. It looks really cool too.
Oct 17, 2014 4:32 PM

Sep 2014
blessofcurse said:
07 ghost, one of the mc used sycthe as weapon, not sure if its a double sided tho

No, the scythe in 07-Ghost isn't double-sided.
レムって、誰のこと?
Oct 17, 2014 4:40 PM
Aug 2014
Like others mentioned, watched soul eater. It's not always a double headed scythe but Maya kicks all sorta of ass with her scythe so if thats what you are looking for, start there. Here's one of her special attacks:
http://img1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20081024035428/souleater/images/8/81/Witchhunter.jpg
Oct 17, 2014 6:01 PM

Sep 2014
I don
Desroth said:
Like others mentioned, watched soul eater. It's not always a double headed scythe but Maya kicks all sorta of ass with her scythe so if thats what you are looking for, start there. Here's one of her special attacks:
http://img1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20081024035428/souleater/images/8/81/Witchhunter.jpg

I don't want those types of scythes, if you want a basic idea, go on google, search up Double-sided scythe. It should come up different!
レムって、誰のこと?
Oct 17, 2014 6:05 PM

Jul 2014
Just look for it yourself honestly.

It's very uncommon. Especially since you're so picky.
Oct 17, 2014 6:15 PM

Jan 2014
Pretty sure that trinity blood is the only one to feature such a scythe.
Found several similar scythes in bleach.

Goodluck finding more @.@
Oct 17, 2014 6:30 PM

Sep 2014
xRatatosk said:
Just look for it yourself honestly.

It's very uncommon. Especially since you're so picky.

I tried looking up myself, I found nothing. So I am asking people if they have seen one. No, I am not picky, The scythes work differently and if the blades are connected, the scythe doesn't even look like a scythe!
レムって、誰のこと?
Oct 17, 2014 6:33 PM

Jul 2014
Well as said, good luck. There's barely any.
Oct 17, 2014 7:05 PM

Jan 2014
Forgot to mention that in trinity blood the scythe has multiple forms

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PQPu06dMkpQ
This one features your so called double sided scythe
Oct 17, 2014 8:01 PM

Sep 2014
chibishoujo said:

I guess that's counts as the first one I've seen. Although the design of it looks weird, at the first look at it, it looked like it has 4 blades that are the same length. But at a closer look, I realized it there was only 2 long blades.
レムって、誰のこと?
Oct 17, 2014 8:12 PM

Jan 2014
TheCorruptedWolf said:
chibishoujo said:

I guess that's counts as the first one I've seen. Although the design of it looks weird, at the first look at it, it looked like it has 4 blades that are the same length. But at a closer look, I realized it there was only 2 long blades.

I think bleach might contain a character that also uses a double sided scythe,but Im not entirely sure ovo
Oct 17, 2014 8:21 PM

Sep 2014
chibishoujo said:
TheCorruptedWolf said:

I think bleach might contain a character that also uses a double sided scythe,but Im not entirely sure ovo

I don't think bleach has any.
レムって、誰のこと?
Oct 17, 2014 8:23 PM

Jul 2014
Nope Bleach doesn't, closest thing is Hisagi but it has 4 blades and he connects the ends with a Chain rather than a Pole.
Oct 17, 2014 8:26 PM

Sep 2014
Why didn't anyone in japan thought of it? It could be an overpowered weapon!
レムって、誰のこと?
Oct 17, 2014 8:28 PM

Jul 2014
I dunno. Personally Scythes are my favorite weapon so barely seeing them is disappointing :/

Glad one of my favorite games had a character with a Gun - Scythe though.
Oct 17, 2014 8:31 PM

Sep 2014
xRatatosk said:
I dunno. Personally Scythes are my favorite weapon so barely seeing them is disappointing :/

I know, swords are overused in anime.
レムって、誰のこと?
Oct 18, 2014 3:38 AM

Apr 2013
TheCorruptedWolf said:
TheCorruptedWolf said:
xRatatosk said:

Because contrary to swords, double bladed scythe have no historical relevance, and would make for a very poor weapon if someone were to try using it? The only things close of scythes used in war were the war scythes. And even those were really tiring to use. Let's not talk about a double bladed one, which would to boot lose partially one of the only advantage of the war scythe, because you would need to hold it far closer of the blade for it to work like a bladed staff.
Oct 18, 2014 4:41 PM

Sep 2014
Zefyris said:
TheCorruptedWolf said:
TheCorruptedWolf said:

Because contrary to swords, double bladed scythe have no historical relevance, and would make for a very poor weapon if someone were to try using it? The only things close of scythes used in war were the war scythes. And even those were really tiring to use. Let's not talk about a double bladed one, which would to boot lose partially one of the only advantage of the war scythe, because you would need to hold it far closer of the blade for it to work like a bladed staff.

Yes, so what if you have to hold it closer? It could attack faster and it is balanced. It could even probably block the one bladed scythe.
レムって、誰のこと?
Oct 18, 2014 4:47 PM

Jan 2008
Did someone say gunscythe?

Oct 18, 2014 5:06 PM

Jul 2014
Paul said:
Did someone say gunscythe?

I meant Yeager from Tales of Vesperia lol. RWBY looks terrible though.
Oct 18, 2014 5:17 PM

Apr 2013
TheCorruptedWolf said:

Yes, so what if you have to hold it closer? It could attack faster and it is balanced. It could even probably block the one bladed scythe.

It's too heavy. The main point of the war scythe is the lever principle, giving a lot of strength to the blade, allowing it to cut through armor better than a simple sword due to this. If you hold the weapon closer to the blade, you lose the only point of this weapon, to only leave bad things. If someone during the medieval period had tried to go to war with a double scythe, both his enemies and allies would have just laugh at him, and with good reason. It may look cool, sure. But that weapon is absurdly impracticable to use.
Even the war scythe was a weapon only used by farmers and the like due to its downside. let's not talk about a double normal scythe.
Oct 18, 2014 6:04 PM

Sep 2014
Zefyris said:
TheCorruptedWolf said:

It's too heavy. The main point of the war scythe is the lever principle, giving a lot of strength to the blade, allowing it to cut through armor better than a simple sword due to this. If you hold the weapon closer to the blade, you lose the only point of this weapon, to only leave bad things. If someone during the medieval period had tried to go to war with a double scythe, both his enemies and allies would have just laugh at him, and with good reason. It may look cool, sure. But that weapon is absurdly impracticable to use.
Even the war scythe was a weapon only used by farmers and the like due to its downside. let's not talk about a double normal scythe.

You are only talking and focusing on power, when it comes to speed, it isn't really a weapon that can beat it. In medieval, they mainly focus on defence and power, I mean, how often do you see someone without armour in the battlefield?

Yes, I get it a normal scythe has it's own potentials, but can it really overpower the dual-bladed scythe?
レムって、誰のこと?
Oct 18, 2014 6:25 PM

Apr 2012
Fate Stay Night: UBW, which is just airing, actually
My Reviews and Rants: http://bunny1ov3r.wordpress.com/

痛就是爱
Oct 18, 2014 9:33 PM

Sep 2014
Pain_is_love said:
Fate Stay Night: UBW, which is just airing, actually

Haha, I haven't even finished watching the first season on Fate/Stay night. I kinda stopped watching it. It's just a feeling that I want to watch it, but I don't want to watch it at the same time.

I am actually Cantonese, which is a form of Chinese.
_CelOct 18, 2014 9:41 PM
レムって、誰のこと?
Oct 18, 2014 10:30 PM

Jan 2014
TheCorruptedWolf said:

Its a very impractical weapon and is more restrictive compared to a regular scythe since it has blades at both sides.

When
TheCorruptedWolf said:
Zefyris said:

You are only talking and focusing on power, when it comes to speed, it isn't really a weapon that can beat it. In medieval, they mainly focus on defence and power, I mean, how often do you see someone without armour in the battlefield?

Yes, I get it a normal scythe has it's own potentials, but can it really overpower the dual-bladed scythe?

This is not an RPG/fighting game. Realistically speaking this weapon would likely result in self injury.(People that actually used a scythe back in the day were the common folk most of the time)
It having a blade on each side might balance the weapon out,but that wouldn't matter since the advantage of having a scythe is using it as leverage to inflict fatal injuries .
One side being heavier then the other makes the hit have more force which is good for a scythe.
if you want something that takes advantage of speed/mobility then a smaller weapon that doesn't make use of entire body to properly function.
Fighting with a scythe would be similar to fighting with a halberd cause of its size

The potentials of a dual bladed scythe are inferior to that of a regular scythe or alternative weapons that do utilise speed.
Oct 18, 2014 10:34 PM

Sep 2014
chibishoujo said:
This is not an RPG/fighting game. Realistically speaking this weapon would likely result in self injury.(People that actually used a scythe back in the day were the common folk most of the time)
It having a blade on each side might balance the weapon out,but that wouldn't matter since the advantage of having a scythe is using it as leverage to inflict fatal injuries .
One side being heavier then the other makes the hit have more force which is good for a scythe.
if you want something that takes advantage of speed/mobility then a smaller weapon that doesn't make use of entire body to properly function.
Fighting with a scythe would be similar to fighting with a halberd cause of its size

The potentials of a dual bladed scythe are inferior to that of a regular scythe or alternative weapons that do utilise speed.

Yes, I know this isn't an RPG game. Do you have any idea how to use the two-sided scythe? Yes, you could get injuries from it, but it won't be from the blade, you could twist your wrist if you do something wrong. Besides, this is an anime.
レムって、誰のこと?
Oct 18, 2014 11:16 PM

Jan 2014
TheCorruptedWolf said:
chibishoujo said:

Yes, I know this isn't an RPG game. Do you have any idea how to use the two-sided scythe? Yes, you could get injuries from it, but it won't be from the blade, you could twist your wrist if you do something wrong. Besides, this is an anime.

You'd have the second blade in your back before you twist your wrist.
Its a silly conceptual weapon.
Oct 18, 2014 11:49 PM

Sep 2014
chibishoujo said:
TheCorruptedWolf said:

What do you mean? Could you re-word?
レムって、誰のこと?
Oct 19, 2014 12:27 AM

Jun 2014
TheCorruptedWolf said:
chibishoujo said:

I assume what they mean is that since with a scythe you'd be striking outward to some extent, the other side may end up stabbing you in the back.

Take this image for example.

If I imagine another blade on the other side of the scythe, it would, or be dangerously close to, hitting the guy.

Also, it seems fairly pointless to have another blade there. The scythe is already a fairly hard to handle weapon. Adding another blade would just be too much trouble to try and figure out how to use, and there are plenty of other much more practical weapons out there. The only real reason for using it would be Rule of Cool.

But I guess if you really care to find some examples, there's some on the TVtropes page.
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/SinisterScythe
Oct 19, 2014 1:06 AM

Sep 2014
dream_eater1012 said:
TheCorruptedWolf said:

I assume what they mean is that since with a scythe you'd be striking outward to some extent, the other side may end up stabbing you in the back.

Take this image for example.

If I imagine another blade on the other side of the scythe, it would, or be dangerously close to, hitting the guy.

Also, it seems fairly pointless to have another blade there. The scythe is already a fairly hard to handle weapon. Adding another blade would just be too much trouble to try and figure out how to use, and there are plenty of other much more practical weapons out there. The only real reason for using it would be Rule of Cool.

But I guess if you really care to find some examples, there's some on the TVtropes page.
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/SinisterScythe

How many times do I have to say this, both are two different types of scythes, which means it is used in different ways. I mean who would be stupid enough to do that?
レムって、誰のこと?
Oct 19, 2014 1:18 AM

Jun 2014
TheCorruptedWolf said:
How many times do I have to say this, both are two different types of scythes, which means it is used in different ways. I mean who would be stupid enough to do that?

Then how else would it be used?
Oct 19, 2014 1:34 AM

Sep 2014
dream_eater1012 said:
TheCorruptedWolf said:

I don't even know how to explain. It's like just saying a gun and a sword works the same way, they are both weapons right?

Because you are saying they are both scythes, so they must work the same. WRONG.
レムって、誰のこと?
Oct 19, 2014 1:44 AM

Jun 2014
TheCorruptedWolf said:
dream_eater1012 said:

I don't even know how to explain. It's like just saying a gun and a sword works the same way, they are both weapons right?

Because you are saying they are both scythes, so they must work the same. WRONG.

If you can't even explain how it would work, then why should I believe that you're right?

Saying it's different but then not explaining how it's different isn't going to make me say, "oh, I get you now." If they work differently, I would genuinely like to know how.
Oct 19, 2014 1:49 AM

Apr 2013
TheCorruptedWolf said:
Zefyris said:

a normal scythe doesn't have war potential. The war scythe have the direction of the blade changed by around 90° so that they can turn into properly usable hast weapons. the double scythe you're talking about doesn't even have that first step done. at least make it double war scythe, this would be less ridiculous, and closer to a blade staff with double blade.

Also, fastest weapon? Even without accounting the fact that anyone would be tired of using such an heavy and bad balance (because yes, it's symmetrical, but the way the blade are put (not in the axe of the pole weapon) make it very unbalanced) that you wouldn't even finish your first fight, let alone last a whole battle by rotating this heavy weight around, how can this even hope to beat the speed of a Bô for example which will be used the exact same way but is far lighter ?
And like I said, that thing is far too heavy to actually gain any decent speed. Any light weapon on the other side will kill the wielder of such a weapon before you can even start to properly attack.

That, and what chibishoujo said. He explained the leverage (I thought it was lever principle in english, *sigh*) better than me. That's why you lose any interest of using a scythe if your two hands are closer of the heavy blade. a war scythe is a proper pole weapon (although rudimentary, and the fact that the blade is curved still give it a bad balance even after it has been redirected by 90°, so an halberd would give a better result for example), but a double scythe is no longer one. And yeah, that second curved blade in your back sounds dangerous. It would limit severely your movements in order to avoid injuring yourself when you swing it, making it even more tiring to manipulate than just the heavy weight alone.
ZefyrisOct 19, 2014 1:59 AM
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Watched one episode but forgot the name

Snailsoup - 1 hour ago

2 by Snailsoup »»
36 minutes ago

» Anime that have all female guilds/clubs/groups/living places, etc

GakutoDeathGlare - Today

4 by Ten »»
2 hours ago

» New(ish) Manga Reader in Need of Recommendations!

Wakarimas-en - Yesterday

8 by Wakarimas-en »»
4 hours ago

» Anime recommendations please

MeZaDefined - 4 hours ago

0 by MeZaDefined »»
4 hours ago

» Similar animes to Tengoku Daimakyou ( 1 2 )

Salvaged - Apr 21

70 by Meline0102 »»
4 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.