Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Oct 16, 2014 10:16 PM

Aug 2013
That VA trio haha. Kayana Mui *looks at character* yeah that's totally Kayano Ai.

So Arupin is depicted as a 17-year old but is actually 29 and only became an idol to make money. Then we saw the Onee-san standing atop a bridge with a tank parked underneath. What the hell kind of show is Exodus? I want to watch it XD

I like that the director is so passionate but you don't do that on the 11th hour especially after just barely surviving a disaster. That's just really poor management skills and puts unnecessary strain on everyone especially if you're on a tight budget. Must be hell to work for if you're on the production team.
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Oct 16, 2014 11:14 PM

May 2013
Hmm actually was a nice episode, very interesting. The director annoyed me a bit but I totally understood what he meant, especially when watching the animation roll the first round, it didn't seem quite right.

Clear bonus to see a bit more into how everyone does their job.
Oct 17, 2014 12:07 AM

Jun 2012
So everyone took drugs before the meeting, and it kicked at the end, just the right moment so they could be emotionally touched by that speech. Yes, she's here!

Anyway, that director is taking a huge risk. Don't think they are doing so well on the schedule they can afford remaking major part of it. I understand the passion, but the some persons in the team may as well be KIA before they even finish the series. Well, there's already one member temporarily down. When I watch this, I feel management is lacking, or some people aren't doing their job, like that super-excited dude that annoys me so much.

But I like the show. It'll be interesting to see how they manage all of this.
Oct 17, 2014 12:26 AM

Dec 2011
That director is beyond jiggly. Hahaha.
This episode was pretty lackluster, but it was nice to see animation inside animation.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 17, 2014 12:32 AM

Jan 2014
Did anyone else find the OST in this episode to be a bit off?
Oct 17, 2014 12:48 AM

Jun 2013
I was kind of zoning out and half falling asleep during this episode, then I started imagining the fat dudes shirtless wrestling in curry. Wow I disappoint myself wtf.

Mohawk dude is a fucking retard douche
Oct 17, 2014 1:28 AM
May 2013
ROFLross said:
I don't feel like I've been watching the same anime as the rest of the people that have already posted.
I've dropped this, as I personally don't think it's funny or entertaining at all.
Just feels like I'm watching paint dry.

im with ya there, this one doesn't quite appear to be my cup of tea.. I will give it another 1-2 episodes to reel my attention in or im dropping it >>
Oct 17, 2014 3:07 AM

Mar 2014
Pretty good episode !!

Oct 17, 2014 5:10 AM
Jul 2018
It's somewhat fun but I would consider this the most boring out of all I'm watching this season.
I liked the ending with the characters glowing. x)
Oct 17, 2014 6:48 AM

Jul 2013
this show just yells at us: "how great is anime?"
Oct 17, 2014 7:34 AM
Mar 2010
Uwa, the cast's so vast where dialogues are all 90% main and 10% for extras/supporting.
Oct 17, 2014 8:40 AM

Jul 2011
This is so awesome! I'm so drawn into what happened in this anime that it doesn't feel like 20 minutes at all!!!
Seems like this is going to be one of the better series done by PA Works along with "Eccentric Family"
Oct 17, 2014 8:57 AM

Aug 2014
Nice episode! "Arupin is here!" lol
Oct 17, 2014 9:36 AM

Dec 2013
zellami said:
[spoiler]

[/spoiler]

I laughed so hard at that script title XDDDDD

A nightmare for any young teenage boy with a "dream"
TyrelOct 18, 2014 9:18 PM
HESTIAAPPROVES
Oct 17, 2014 2:51 PM

Mar 2013
Nice episode :)

Oct 17, 2014 3:00 PM

Aug 2014
Nice try PA Works. Stop trying to make me give all your shows 10's for effort.
Sieg Zeon!
Oct 17, 2014 3:29 PM

Sep 2012
so there's this theory in my head that every so often, a studio will have to make 2-3 really terrible shows either directly before or directly after a good show.

for PA Works, their two shows are this and Glasslip. I can only hope the show they do after this isn't absolute crap.
Oct 17, 2014 3:42 PM

Jul 2011
Ayachin's going to be a heavy drinker. LOL.

I love the diverse cast, and the dialogue really sparks it up. When Miyamori was trying to get the key supervisor (green shirt guy) to help out, that was fun!

Better than expected. I hope to see more of the others girls soon. :)
Oct 17, 2014 4:43 PM

Aug 2008
Pretty good so far. The behind-the-scenes look at how anime is made is interesting and fun to see even if it's a more fantasized version of it. The only negative thing for me is Aoi's seeming obsession with donuts and sweets. You're sick? Here's a big bag of candy! Can you do something for me? I'll get you some DONUTS! Maybe her favorite dessert is DONUTS! It's an important part of her childhood and something that connects her with her friends, but a little overdone.
Oct 17, 2014 5:56 PM

Aug 2014
Am I the only who laugh at the "on the verge of Jiggly" and "beyond Jiggly"?

I'm liking how self-aware this anime can be at times.
Oct 17, 2014 6:20 PM

Apr 2012
the Seiyuu and Dubbing character scene :D

Donut, Donut Everywhere xD
Rinko is cool, maybe she will be my favorite :3

with time remaining they need to work hard to refine it
Nice episode (5)

Oct 17, 2014 7:50 PM

Aug 2014
This episode is so stressful until the end where everything just turns lax and died out with a melancholic sense of security. Many characters got developed and the plot took an unexpected twist, this time with the director who I kinda hated at first for being lazy-looking, but it proves that the team can work together and get through with that delivery.

5/5. Nice episode this time. I just can't get over the fact this is an anime about creating an anime. They should probably debut Exodus after Shirobaki ends.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 17, 2014 8:46 PM

Jun 2013
Oh my God. That conference room scene was glorious. I hope that kind of vibrant discussion about characters really happens frequently in the animation world. This show makes me so happy, lol.

shiny floaty girls / 5
Oct 17, 2014 9:12 PM

Dec 2010
That was great! It tells a story, and entertains you, informs you, and inspires you all at the same time. It's like Bakuman in that regard, and Bakuman is one of my favorite manga, so anything resembling it is fine by me.

At first I was getting a little annoyed by the director, but when I thought about it more in his perspective, he's a pretty awesome guy who genuinely cares about his craft, and the product he's creating.

It makes you wonder how similar this is to actual events!
Oct 17, 2014 11:25 PM

Aug 2013
So this show is basically about a bunch of assholes who cant get their shit together and organized and then force poor Miyamori to be the center of everything...how cruel. Hopefully she moves on to bigger and better things with her high school friends.

I enjoy watching the show and picturing the studio making the Exodus anime is actually P.A. Works, and this is one big joke with them animating all the fuck ups that went on in the studio when they were making Glasslip.

But then at the same time, in real life they're trying to prove that the Glasslip days are behind them by making the animations and characters and jokes that are actually really good.

Other times I like to imagine that the studio in this anime is actually Studio Pierrot and they keep ruining Tokyo Ghoul lol.
Oct 18, 2014 12:41 AM

May 2013
Now I know how seiyuus are picked. Nice one, P.A Works.
The world shall know the truth soon.
Oct 18, 2014 4:22 AM

Oct 2012
On the official website for the series, there is a detailed flowchart showing all of
the steps in the production of an anime episode. Unfortunately, it is all labelled
in Japanese, but perhaps some kind person will translate it and post it somewhere.

In addition to that, they have provided a very long list of the technical terms.
(Once again, all of this is in Japanese.)
http://shirobako-anime.com/words.html

My favorite specialized anime jargon word is "M". It is pronounced "emu".
When I first saw it, I felt certain that it must be the "M" in "S&M". But it turns
out that it simply means "music".
okanaganOct 18, 2014 4:32 AM
Oct 18, 2014 5:51 AM

Jun 2008
After watching that meeting i realized why we get so much moe shitty shows from this animation companies.

Also that director is an idiot. Seriously dude is nice having a vision and all but you do that shit before-hand. You think how you want the characters to be etc before you start the fucking anime not days before you air the damn 3rd episode. This director is like the nightmare of any organized person and of any animation employee.

I really hope his changes results in everyone running out of time and having to postpone episodes with some serious backlash for the studio so that it's shown that they can't just go doing shit like that and everything turning out ok.

BTW i forgot to mention after the first episode.
BEST GIRL!
MonadOct 18, 2014 6:15 AM
Oct 18, 2014 8:21 AM

May 2012
It hurts. Reality hurts. This anime makes me realize how impossible it is for me to become a seiyuu. HAHA
Oct 18, 2014 9:51 AM

Oct 2014
I thought that this was episode was great. I really hope that the rest of the series stays like this.
Oct 18, 2014 11:33 AM

Sep 2014
found some stuff to sound cliche; cringed a couple times

I suppose it's still doing a good enough job of representing anime production. I'll keep watching.
3/5 It was OK.

Is that Erika a sadist?

We all know that Aoi was giving head in the last few frames of the preview part of the episode. >:D
I don't consider myself a good judge.

trying not to be an obnoxious otaku
Oct 18, 2014 3:14 PM

Jun 2010
LOL that director though. he's the kind of guy id hate to work for. talk about last minute change of mind. the guy was free styling this from the top of his head. if this was a real anime it would be loaded with plot holes.

Great show, definitely has me hooked like bakuman
<--- Who Your Waifus Look Up To --->
Oct 18, 2014 6:15 PM

Aug 2012
I like Tarou, it would be great to hang out with him, what a rascal! :D
Oct 19, 2014 12:49 AM

Nov 2013
"Moe this, moe that."
"Its become a dead word." Brilliant!

I really liked this episode, I was completly drawn in during the confrence room scene, the intellect of how animation production works is made so interesting here and I'm really liking most of these characters they are very rich with personality(even if the director is a tad-bit irritating). It seems like P.A. Works are starting to get back on point. 4/5
Oct 19, 2014 1:16 AM

Dec 2008
...I like the cut of this series' gyp.

P.A. Works, you've got something interesting here, do not screw this up pleeeease.
Will I fall in love someday? I wonder?

Oct 19, 2014 4:46 AM

May 2010
Is this just me or all those in-episode VAs were actual VAs with just their names a bit altered? (Itou Shizuka, Nakahara Mai, Kayano Ai I think)

Pretty damn interesting. My waifus exist!
Oct 19, 2014 3:57 PM

Jul 2014
Now I'm getting the real feel for this anime. The Arupin-and company-appearing in-front-of-them" was actually unexpected and I was like, "What? Seriously??" and then hopes down when everything was their imagination wwww

The director is really an otaku isn't he ww Tho maybe it's just me== but still, I know that feeling when you just can't describe something into words and stuff so yea~ And honestly, Arupin's expression in preview cut was really stiff and guarded for some reason even before the director says it so I can really relate with that :'D

And those VAs. Very interesting! Really, it's like
TragicRomance said:
Is this just me or all those in-episode VAs were actual VAs with just their names a bit altered? (Itou Shizuka, Nakahara Mai, Kayano Ai I think)

I like it so far. It's really interesting to see how they'll be able to manage when in pinching moments. With that, I'll be sitting here growing mushrooms while waiting for the other members of their school animation club to come on screen-
Oct 19, 2014 9:49 PM

Jul 2012
TragicRomance said:

There are LOL and they were voiced by them..
Oct 20, 2014 11:09 AM

Jul 2013
There are shit ton of anime references here and since it's gonna be 2-cour im waiting for some obligatory KyoAni references (ex. "the Moe studio" )
Oct 20, 2014 10:55 PM

Jun 2014
All I can say about this episode is: the staff meeting about the Arupin's character. That scene alone showed the great diversity and chemistry between the staff members. The animation is well done in this episode as well. It seems to me that the irl Shirobako committee is really putting their love and effort into this anime.
Oct 20, 2014 11:48 PM

Oct 2007
If someone has knowledge of this, please explain me:

Iguchi > Drawing
Ogasawara > Animation Director

What is the different between them?

"A Legend is but a tale of a beautiful lie."
Oct 21, 2014 12:21 AM

Oct 2012
@Siva:

Sorry, this isn't going to answer your question, but here is what the Japanese-
language Wikipedia article says:

井口 祐未 : 井口=Iguchi, 祐未=Yumi
Iguchi has these two jobs:
アニメーター
総作画監督補

小笠原 綸子 : 小笠原=Ogasawara, 綸子=Rinzu
Ogasawara has these three jobs:
看板アニメーター
キャラクターデザイン
総作画監督

That Japanese-language Wikipedia article is here:
http://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/SHIROBAKO

I can see more-or-less what the Japanese means, but I don't know enough about
the animation industry to be able to explain what these jobs entail or what the
English equivalent job title is. The only thing that I understand 100% is that
Ogasawara did the character design (キャラクターデザイン). As well, both of them
work as animators (アニメーター), but they are two different kinds of animators.
Both of them are 監督, which could mean "director", "supervisor" or "manager".
作画 means "animation" or "drawing". 補 means "assistant". Here, 総 could mean
something like "general" or "overall".
okanaganOct 21, 2014 12:33 AM
Oct 21, 2014 8:26 AM

Nov 2011
5/5

If this anime is not relevant and interesting for hobbyists like us, then who do you see them in anime?
Episode not bad, they already feel my almost all the characters.
Narration slow, but He must be so because it must be explained well what happens during the production of an anime.
The drawings and animations are of a good standard, as PA Works has accustomed us.
I hope the TV series still going to improve.
Oct 21, 2014 10:30 PM

Mar 2012
4/5 for me. So far, PA Works is starting to recover from the tragedy that is Glasslip, as watching this anime makes me wish that Glasslip didn't happen at all.
Oct 22, 2014 10:27 AM

Jul 2009
I was thinking this anime would have more funny scenesl, but it's more about how people worry about their job, and we see every kind of people there like in real life, those who work really hard and try to do everything they can, and those who somehow bother others work...also there's so many characters, it's not a surprise they show their names most times...
So, this is not my thing, dropped...I will come back to see if it got better...
Oct 22, 2014 1:12 PM

Jun 2012
I like this, pretty good :D
Does anyone else need a doctor to confirm that someone without a head is dead?
Oct 22, 2014 6:36 PM

Oct 2012
On the official website, they have updated the glossary of technical terms
to include ten new ones to be used in Episode 3. It is here, all in Japanese
http://shirobako-anime.com/words.html
Here are some of them:
Oct 22, 2014 6:37 PM

Apr 2014
jimbob1141 said:
I like this, pretty good :D

looket all them demons
oh boy am i scared
i better run

Oct 23, 2014 1:44 PM

Jan 2013
Better then the first episode. Since this is 24 episodes I wonder if it will just cover one anime. I like some of the details like them going over sound effects and voice acting.
Oct 28, 2014 2:42 AM
Mar 2012
For me it's already great seeing all the rl & anime references. The real VA's and sound editors. Lots of tools nostalgic of my school days:
Ep1 & OP showed Wacom bamboo, Photoshop filling fail (& how to correct it), realtime mocap, green screen, and infrared hfr cameras.
Ep2 several animation peg bars, color chart, imac, aftereffects, premiere pro, other adobe apps, ProMaker = Avid Protools.

Lol Aoi tempting animator with donuts, bitterness, fame & power...
What's a "Maker Producer"?
Exodus Ep4 script: "Cuss at me more!"

The character discussions were amazing, never knew they had so much backstory depth. Fickle directors with ideas stuck in their head are more common than I'd like... this is like a reality show of studios.

Boing-Nine wiki page, wow this was tragic & comedic. Lots of tension with episode director. I like how a single Arupin facial expression snow balls into lots of stress and group meeting where director totally gets emotional. Episode director also otaku.

Surprised he doesn't even have final episode story...
Mahou shoujo summoning ost was epic.
Chaika doesn't speak Chaika, oh she's called Rinko.

PA (production assistant) is the lowest tier job, where usually interns/newbies start here. It's surprising how hard Aoi is working, almost like a production manager.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

» Does Shirobako get any better?

terryacer - May 7, 2018

26 by oooo3333 »»
Mar 25, 1:49 PM

Poll: » Shirobako Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 26, 2015

286 by oooo3333 »»
Mar 25, 1:36 PM

Poll: » Shirobako Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 6, 2014

138 by MajedM1999 »»
Mar 12, 2:17 PM

Poll: » Shirobako Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 30, 2014

115 by MajedM1999 »»
Mar 11, 3:47 AM

Poll: » Shirobako Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 9, 2014

250 by MajedM1999 »»
Mar 6, 2:55 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.