Forum Settings
Forums
Battle Angel Alita
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 4, 2009 5:02 PM

Jun 2009
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Wow, Alita has never been afraid to kill of seemingly important characters and this chapter didn't disappoint. Ed, Alita's trainer is killed in a very random attempt on her life. I say random, because it sort of came out of nowhere.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Feb 20, 2014 8:09 PM

Sep 2012
Ehhhh, that was fucking random, I hope it'll be properly explained afterwards.
May 24, 2017 11:21 AM

Dec 2015
How was it "random" and needs explanation? I don't think random bad street encounters need explanation, especially when a junkie is the criminal.

4/5 Liked the light focus on the former sportman's motivations (despite how obvious it was before he stated them).
Sep 14, 2017 7:38 PM

Dec 2015
The same doctor that "fixed up" the brain-eating guy that Alita defeated in the early chapters of the manga!
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Feb 27, 2019 6:14 AM

Sep 2017
Great chapter. Always thought motorball was basically 'bread and circuses'.
First actual appearance of Nova. Ed's dead.
"He's stronger than he ever was, but he looks like he hasn't changed a bit. I didn't know sitting still for such a long time could do that for ya."
Nov 26, 2019 7:50 PM

May 2015
Alita finally chooses her team, which looks like a good lineup to go against Jasugun. Ido does a temporary quick fix on Jasugun in case he flat lines again and he finally explains what happened to him that caused him to have his surgery that's now contributing to these symptoms. The name of the cyber physician who did the surgery is Dusty Nova, a Zalemite. I'm surprised Ido doesn't know of him. Jasugun says this doctor operated on him free of charge and then disappeared. I wonder what his intentions were? Maybe just using Jasugun for a chance to do an experimental surgery?
Esdog picks up Alita's newly forged blade from the blacksmith and we get a little bit of backstory on his playing days in Motorball. Apparently he was also involved in the accident with Jasugun and it caused him severe issues due to his use of nerve accelerants. Now he feels like a junkie with no glory.
Alita meets up with Ido in the outskirts of the scrapyard to have a little chat. Ido tells her that no matter, she'll always be family and is welcome to come home whenever she pleases. Alita is a bit taken aback, but feels happy to hear that from him.
Esdog meets up with Alita and she tells him she's going to retire after her match with Jasugun. He gets upset and doesn't understand her decision as he slaps her in the process. That was pretty aggressive of him. He yanks her by the arm to take her to go get her contract renewed, but they end up getting cornered by some junkies who try to carry out a hit on Alita. Esdog tries to save her and gets shot in the process, even tho Alita didn't even need the protection. Alita kills the junkie and Esdog gives her the new blade before passing away from his injury. That felt really random for Esdog to be killed off right here. I guess it was necessary for Alita's transistion into another chapter of her life after finishing up her final match of Motorball against Jasugun. But still, I feel bad for Esdog. He didn't deserve such a fate.
Dec 12, 2022 7:51 AM

Oct 2020
Surprising chapter. I was disappointed at Ed, but I still understand what he's been through, it's a shame he died so early, but atleast he died protecting "his glory". So the doctor is Nova, the same guy who operated on Makaku. Alita will be now filled with guilt so i doubt she'll quit Motorball anytime soon.

5/5

"FALL OFF YOUR HORSE!" - Gyro Zeppeli
Sep 20, 2023 9:29 AM

May 2019
"Call me Destinova, eternal light"
Astronomy by BOC is one of the best songs ever. I love how many music references there are in each chapter, feels like JoJo a bit in that regard. Like there are so many heavy metal band names just casually written on walls and random objects in each chapter.
Oct 22, 2023 7:12 PM
Feb 2022
Adios Ed. Al menos protegiste a Gally al final, aunque haya sido por beneficio propio. Creo que Ido dio un buen paso en recomponer su relación con Gally. "Cuando te canses del Motorball, vuelve a casa". Buenas palabras de apoyo.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Gunnm Chapter 11 Discussion

joe_g7 - Sep 14, 2017

5 by mistercb »»
Mar 25, 12:39 AM

Poll: » Battle Angel Alita Chapter 53 Discussion

TuzoAnime - Jan 23, 2010

34 by FedeMetal »»
Dec 13, 2023 7:12 PM

Poll: » Gunnm Chapter 50 Discussion

joe_g7 - Oct 19, 2017

3 by FedeMetal »»
Dec 13, 2023 9:10 AM

Poll: » Gunnm Chapter 49 Discussion

joe_g7 - Oct 19, 2017

2 by FedeMetal »»
Dec 13, 2023 8:09 AM

Poll: » Gunnm Chapter 48 Discussion

Farabeuf - Aug 20, 2016

4 by FedeMetal »»
Dec 12, 2023 7:04 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.