Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Parasyte
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Oct 15, 2014 6:21 PM

May 2013
Lmao, I have to see a picture to see the dick hand. Based Madhouse isn't it?
The world shall know the truth soon.
Oct 15, 2014 6:26 PM

Nov 2007
Wow what a great second episode!

#Feitoism @ irc.rizon.net - the official IRC channel for Fate Testarossa.
Oct 15, 2014 6:26 PM

Aug 2014
dubstep killed all the tension. -_-
Oct 15, 2014 6:28 PM

Apr 2014
HungLikeaZombie said:
What is wrong with the music? Does nobody like dub step?

Dubstep is fine depending how you implement it into the show. Like any music in an animation, it needs to be well-timed, and placed properly to bring out the right aspects of emotion, intensity, etc.

I feel they've done a very poor job with doing that with the dubstep. Albeit, it's hard to do in the first place because it's all lasers, rising and wobbling basses, and screeches, but they could definitely do a better job.

I really like the opening of that first dubstep song that we've heard a couple of times though, it really sets up the scene nicely. The drop, not so much. Overall I wish they didn't have it given what they've done with it.

------------

Onto the episode. I thought it was very entertaining given that they went and made comedy of quite honestly, what we were all thinking (The urinal scene). I was wondering if that'd actually ever come up.

I'm not disappointed with the show thus far, nor am I overly pleased, but there's 22 episodes left so there's a lot of room to go. I do think Murano shouldn't have been voiced by Hanazawa, by the way. Just doesn't seem to fit.

And once again, if the fight-scenes and/or tense moments lost the dubstep, that'd be nice, but I doubt that's going to happen.
Nop.
Oct 15, 2014 6:29 PM

Feb 2012
Why do I get the feeling Murano will die? :(
Oct 15, 2014 6:41 PM

Jun 2014
Sourire said:
you wouldnt like the manga either since its a faithful adaptation so far.. maybe its not for you and you should just drop it eh?

Maybe fuck off and don't tell people to drop things?
Oct 15, 2014 6:45 PM

Apr 2013
Chabe said:
Sourire said:
you wouldnt like the manga either since its a faithful adaptation so far.. maybe its not for you and you should just drop it eh?

Maybe fuck off and don't tell people to drop things?
elitists unite!
Oct 15, 2014 7:14 PM

Nov 2013
Sourire said:
HandsomeMan said:
Decent episode. Last ep was better. People are praising this a bit too much I think.
different taste in anime.. woah mind boggling.

Snarky comment on MAL. woah mind boggling.

Edit: I see you're being an asshole to other users here for stating a bit of criticism. Blatant fanboy detected.
HandsomeManOct 15, 2014 7:18 PM
Oct 15, 2014 7:18 PM

Mar 2012
Holy lol at that dubstep. Good episode nonetheless. Main is a badass.
LoneWolf said:
@Josh makes me sad to call myself Canadian.
Oct 15, 2014 7:37 PM

Sep 2013
HandsomeMan said:
Sourire said:

Edit: I see you're being an asshole to other users here for stating a bit of criticism. Blatant fanboy detected.

Well I'll admit... it would help if you explain WHY you think it's getting too much praise. I am all for different points of views on a show but you didn't really give a reason at all, you just said, "This is okay I guess, doesn't deserve the praise" and then left...

Not defending Sourire though, people should watch whatever they want regardless of if they actually like it or not and should be open to criticism and discussion.

I happen to love this so far but I am all for different points of view. ^^
Oct 15, 2014 7:46 PM

Nov 2013
Keten said:
HandsomeMan said:

Well I'll admit... it would help if you explain WHY you think it's getting too much praise. I am all for different points of views on a show but you didn't really give a reason at all, you just said, "This is okay I guess, doesn't deserve the praise" and then left...

Not defending Sourire though, people should watch whatever they want regardless of if they actually like it or not and should be open to criticism and discussion.

^ pretty much this, if one is going to comment about why he/she thinks said show is bad or overrated, the least they could do is actually justify why they felt that way so as to not give them impression that their opinion is above everyone else. Granted Sourrie made a rather douche comment, but yeah this is just my 2 cents worth of an opnion

Back on topic to the actual episode itself, I felt it was great. It had a nice balance of everything and there is genuine effort to give characterization to the characters. Potential top 5 anime of the year if this continues
Anime gave me more life lessons than school
Oct 15, 2014 7:50 PM

Nov 2013
Keten said:
HandsomeMan said:

First of all, I was in defence of Chabe, who actually gave relevant criticism towards the show.

Second of all, this show is currently rated 9 for me if you take a look at my list, which, last time I checked, is higher than the overall MAL score for this show.

Thirdly, I'm pointing out how fanboys always seem to attack users who give ANY slight indication of criticism towards the topic at hand; always having to have their say because they know they will be backed up by people such as yourself (since this thread is dedicated to the anime in question). This is not about the show, but how certain people like to come across. And I came across this on MAL before as well. Unfortunately all I had was some jackoffs telling me "I have shit taste" simply because my opinion differed from theirs. Yeah, I'm aware opinions are different, no point in trying to be snarky about it. How about you take your own advice, realise opinions are different and move on, instead of quoting users and trying to slander them?

And I never said I didn't like the show or this episode. Don't take my words out of context. I'm not going to explain myself to you why I said what I said, but I am going to point out how you, fawning fanboys, are annoying as fuck.
Oct 15, 2014 8:04 PM

Sep 2013
HandsomeMan said:

First of all, I was in defence of Chabe, who actually gave relevant criticism towards the show.

Second of all, this show is currently rated 9 for me if you take a look at my list, which, last time I checked, is higher than the overall MAL score for this show.

Thirdly, I'm pointing out how fanboys always seem to attack users who give ANY slight indication of criticism towards the topic at hand; always having to have their say because they know they will be backed up by people such as yourself (since this thread is dedicated to the anime in question). This is not about the show, but how certain people like to come across. And I came across this on MAL before as well. Unfortunately all I had was some jackoffs telling me "I have shit taste" simply because my opinion differed from theirs. Yeah, I'm aware opinions are different, no point in trying to be snarky about it. How about you take your own advice, realise opinions are different and move on, instead of quoting users and trying to slander them?

And I never said I didn't like the show or this episode. Don't take my words out of context. I'm not going to explain myself to you why I said what I said, but I am going to point out how you, fawning fanboys, are annoying as fuck.

Erm... I stated in my post... quite clearly actually... that I was not defending him... I actually agree with you... o.o

Also... when did I say your taste is shit? I stated that if you are going to criticize then.. well.. criticize... now, granted, I didn't realize you gave the series a 9, I just assume because you stated it didn't deserve as much praise that you didn't rate it very high because well... 9/10 series do deserve a lot of praise. o.o

Also granted... you don't HAVE to... but it's sorta hard to defend your point when you don't express it. What's the point of commenting if you don't have anything to add to the discussion?

Nothing in my post was mean spirited... Also... I am not a fanboy... What gave you the impression that I am a fanboy? I gave the series an 8 so far, which is lower than your score. o_o
Oct 15, 2014 8:09 PM

Nov 2012
VanishingKira said:
Sliced that mofo up!

Death stare.

They skipped the dick hand part :/

Honestly ain't even mad/bothered about the changes,considering I don't consider this an adaption of the manga but rather a standalone anime loosely based on the manga instead.

Are we even watching watching the same anime? The dick part appeared in just less than a second, and logically, extending its screentime would mean a huge problem for them concerning censoring.

bastek66 said:
Penis arm confirmed. Madhouse confirmed for based studio, again.
[/URL]

Want some free EN TL light novels? Take a look at my loot...→Missing out on an Anime OP/ED? Check the complete collection here...→
Oct 15, 2014 8:13 PM
Oct 2014
Feel I'm in the minority too that is disappointed in the anime so far; though for different reasons. The pussy-fication of Shinji is really really detrimental to his character's worth. At the moment he's basically a copy and pasted shounen protagonist. In the manga he seemed like much more of a relatable character. Also some of Migi's dialogue got dumbed down. Not a lot really. Very small bits that would have made Migi look so much more badass than he currently looks. The music was also pretty bad for some scenes. I'm hoping they have a bigger palette for music in the upcoming episodes, or else a lot of people are going to be disconnected from moments due to the music.
Oct 15, 2014 8:23 PM

May 2012
So 90s. 5/5 episode. Loving the atmosphere, and plot. The wub wub gotta go though.
Oct 15, 2014 8:27 PM

May 2013
Loving the mix of seriousness and comedy in this series. Lol that dickhand would have been so awkward.
Fuck it. Every signature I upload ends up removed anyways.
Oct 15, 2014 8:33 PM

Aug 2013
Gotta admit I had to rewind and pause the vid to see if it really was what I thought it was. Yep, dickhand haha.

Character development in just two episodes. I'm happy.
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Oct 15, 2014 8:40 PM

Apr 2013
No Censorshits! Enough reason to get 5/5.
Oct 15, 2014 8:48 PM

Nov 2012
Now this is just getting cliché and cheesy.
Expectations still high!
MomonoOct 15, 2014 8:51 PM
Oct 15, 2014 9:02 PM

Sep 2013
Lol that last scene. It seems they can make babies. I liking this series more and more. I didnt know the manga was so old. I hope they make a complete adaptation since the manga was already finished in like 20 years ago.
"I have been wielding a blade since before your were swimming around your father's scrotum." - Kurou
Oct 15, 2014 9:18 PM

Jun 2014
Wow they put the wiener in. Kenichi be appealin. Although the timing was appropriate I believe (correct me if im wrong) that the weinarm was supposed to fall in episode one-ish time. Oh well should just be happy I got a laugh out of it.
Let’s say you drink too much strawberry milk, and have to use the bathroom in the middle of the night. You don’t want to get up, but the urge to urinate is just too strong! You run to the bathroom, stand in front of the toilet, and let loose! You think that all your life has led to this moment! YOU'RE STILL IN BED! That feeling of lukewarm wetness spreads! But you can’t stop! THAT’S THE TRUTH OF THE STRAWBERRY MILK! DO YOU GET IT? ~ Gintoki
An unforeseen situation... An unexpected turn of events... In the face of those, you too will face your true self. — Makishima Shougo
Oct 15, 2014 9:20 PM

Oct 2014
Oct 15, 2014 9:42 PM

Apr 2013
HandsomeMan said:
Sourire said:

that wasn't an attempt at trolling or insulting you, youre saying people are praising it a bit too much, im saying differnet people have differnet taste.. crazy right
Oct 15, 2014 9:46 PM

Jan 2008
Just noticed the girl is voiced by KanaHana.

Anyways, was eating when I decided to watch this episode. Sees recap. Lolnope. Watched it later.

Not really much to say about this episode. Dat dubstep doe.
Oct 15, 2014 9:53 PM

Jun 2014
So what? Hes a vegan now, caring about all animals?

dick hand wtf. that last scene wtf.

I sorta like the weird grotesque gore. That body looked all deflated and rubbery. Very strange for gore.
Oct 15, 2014 10:14 PM

Nov 2013
Awesome job. Thank you based Madhouse.

I didn't even notice the dick hand until I went back and saw it. XD

Can't wait till people quit bitching about the dubstep.

Well that romance escalated quickly!

So fucking excited for next week that I can't even stay still! The potential of this breaking my favorites is immense! Let's hope it stays awesome!

5/5
FunnyRatmanOct 15, 2014 10:19 PM

Oct 15, 2014 10:15 PM

Oct 2013
Murano x Shinichi OTP OTP OTP.

Based MH!! They're adapting Kiseijuu manga perfectly. The pacing is PERFECT.
Oct 15, 2014 10:18 PM

Jan 2008
The dubstep doesn't even bother me.

Awesome show so far.
Oct 15, 2014 11:01 PM

Aug 2013
Penis hand. Penis hand. Penis hand.

I guess other stuff happened this episode too. lol.
Oct 15, 2014 11:10 PM

Jul 2013
Damn what a great followup

Once again. thoroughly enjoyed this episode. Perfect thing to watch halfway through a test fuckfest week.

Some people I saw were complaining about the romance but I for one loved it.

I think romance just adds to any series' enjoyment factor plus Satomi Murano is really cute IMO. The fact that she's voiced Kana Hanazawa is just the icing on the cake.

I really hope they don't kill her off but I could kind of see that they might just.. Crossing my fingers that they don't though :(

[B]ZERO CENSORING; IT'S A BEAUTIFUL THING[/b]

Seriously after shit like tokyo ghoul and the black-screen-simulator that is Terra Formars; it's so fucking refreshing to see some good old animated gore goodness.

Great series so far, hope it keeps it up :D
Legal_LatinoOct 15, 2014 11:16 PM
The best anime is the Road to El Dorado
Oct 15, 2014 11:25 PM

Apr 2013
I don't really like dubstep but I think in a way it kinda does mix. Dubstep sorta sounds alieny to me and so far the dubstep has been in scenes where something unusual is happening. They might eventually mix it with horror music soon. Looking forward to it, should sound cool at the very least.
Oct 15, 2014 11:30 PM

Oct 2011
WT.....0___________0

Can't believe my eyes !!!!
Oct 15, 2014 11:50 PM

May 2013
That moment when you realize Migi is just a superior version of Kyubey ;_;
*insert cringey anime reference here*
Oct 16, 2014 12:07 AM

Dec 2013
Oh my god, Based Madhouse,they once again confirm why they're the best studio. 10/10,why so godlike?
FragOutFire said:

Why am I a Berserk fan? All I ever experience is pain.

We are in the eclipse and Miura has sacrificed us
Oct 16, 2014 12:15 AM

Mar 2014
man they change the original plots too much. I can feel they are rushing the story already.
Oct 16, 2014 12:17 AM

Aug 2013
BakaKyon said:

1. There is NO DUBSTEP in this anime! OMG people, just learn about music genres (and no, skrillex is not a dubstep also).
2. Soundtrack is excellent (by ost I mean background music, not that shitty OP)
rsc-plOct 16, 2014 12:24 AM
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Oct 16, 2014 12:25 AM

Jul 2014
Oh, MAL is teaching me new words again! I would be very grateful, if someone explained me "based", which is used so frequently in this thread. I understand the general meaning, but I'd like to know the rules of its usage.

Keten said:
That wasn't abusive at all. Shinichi showed no signs that he was being abused. If that's abuse than I guess I've been abused all my life because they remind me a lot of my parents(Heck, they are probably a bit nicer than mine, not that I hate my parents, I love them, just saying).

Cheesekao said:

You're kinda over exaggerating the seriousness of that scene imo. My brother is afraid of insects and I've messed with him plenty of times and he and I are still on good terms. All I can think of is that your have a different upbringing than most people which is what lead you to think like that.

It's not that I plan to write a report about abuse to the authorities. XD It's more of an impression from the scenes, where they were all together - their relationship didn't seem warm to me. That's only my impression, of course, it just seemed strange to me, because showing a loving family usually is no problem for a writer.
I wouldn't have minded, if his brother had shown him spider. :) I think that's normal. I would've definitely done stuff like that, if I had had a sibling (sadly I don't). Parent-child relationships are different, in my opinion.

On an almost unrelated note: I had a period in my life, when I constantly got such small biting critical remarks - I think that it is abusive, if it goes on for a long time, because it wears you down. But I won't insist that it is relevant in the case of Parasyte.

rsc-pl said:
BakaKyon said:

1. There is NO DUBSTEP in this anime! OMG people, just learn about music genres (and no, skrillex is not a dubstep also).

Then what is that wub-wub thing during action scenes?
Oct 16, 2014 12:44 AM
Jun 2008
omfg im laughing so hard right now.
Dont be a chitogetard!!!!
Oct 16, 2014 12:45 AM
Jun 2013
I am so conflicted with the themes in this anime... light humor with the concept of a human eating hand?! i can't help but find this hilarious. Did they forget to add the comedy tag to this anime?!
And it also seems like things are brewing up... next episode will be good.
Still can't get enough of the ED!
Oct 16, 2014 1:14 AM

Aug 2008
A laid-back first half with character building throughout, good overall.

I wonder what was the deal with that last scene. Evidently the guy was a parasite, and the girl? Resembled a bit the girl it saved earlier on.
Anyway, their interaction raises many questions in my head. Such as, are the parasites capable of feeling love? Do they have the need to procreate? Do they seek mates of the same species that have not been infected or only the ones that have?

All around interesting.
Oct 16, 2014 1:27 AM

Apr 2010
The OP is really really bad lol

I can't take this anime seriously, but I'm amused.
Oct 16, 2014 1:32 AM

Sep 2014
Ok I don't know if it's just me but that guy that was punching Shinichi pissed me off so bad that I fucking punched my computer screen not hard thankfully anyways that dick hand was funny as hell.

I'm suprised they didn't censor that so if there willing to show something like that that means that there willing to show anything I don't think there's gonna be any censoring in this:D
Oct 16, 2014 1:50 AM

Apr 2014
Rueby said:
The OP is really really bad lol

Bad because it's not your taste in music?
Oct 16, 2014 2:31 AM

Apr 2013
The stupid dubstep/electronic soundtrack is really jarring. Other than that the adaptation is great so far.
Oct 16, 2014 2:37 AM

Sep 2014
Good episode.

I really like the development between Migi and Shinichi.

Shinichi is looking more to be a hero.

I don't know if I like the dupstep in it yet or not, but I do like the opening and ending.

That glare tho.

And that penis hand tho.
Oct 16, 2014 3:13 AM
Apr 2014
Good ep. Good adaptation.
Oct 16, 2014 3:45 AM

Dec 2013
Shinichi Izumi, catching stones like a badass since 2014

Also, am I the only that actually enjoys the dubstep?
Oct 16, 2014 3:57 AM

Feb 2014
I have to agree with a lot of people, the soundtrack DOES NOT FIT. It constantly pulls me out of the world. Other than that its been great
Oct 16, 2014 4:05 AM

Oct 2013
Another great episode; I wasn't feeling it as much during the first half, but the second half really kicked into gear. Man I'm going to love this series.

No idea why people are complaining about the soundtrack. I think it's awesome - especially the OP.

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
Pages (8) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Netfix - Parasyte: The Grey A Korean Live-Action series

sarahak - Aug 24, 2022

24 by Elfezen »»
Today, 1:19 AM

» [SPOILERS] Parasyte: The Grey, Post-watch discussion thread

JVskunkape - Apr 13

0 by JVskunkape »»
Apr 13, 11:55 PM

Poll: » Kiseijuu: Sei no Kakuritsu Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Feb 4, 2015

244 by httplatte »»
Apr 12, 12:25 AM

» Biggest plot hole? Or maybe not

egosumjohn - Apr 6

21 by Ankibank »»
Apr 11, 11:03 PM

Poll: » Kiseijuu: Sei no Kakuritsu Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

bastek66 - Mar 25, 2015

654 by brenosempau »»
Apr 11, 9:59 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.