Forum Settings
Forums
Nov 22, 2009 8:08 AM

You know, people say it's the least played class in wow, yet we somehow manage to have like 4 shamans in our raid on a frequent basis (which is almost half the raid since we only do 10s <_<)

Nov 22, 2009 8:31 AM

this period our 25 raids got lot of droods, pallys especially..everyone needs shammys because of totems (as ally hit buffs) asre you resto ? well there is always a place for healers you know..thats why everyone makes main or 2nd spec resto.For example my drood is resto 2nd spec tank not dps cuz dps is not hard to find but healer and tank ... And they need to know what to do.Tank pulling the boss, tank taunting the boss,tank keeping aggro on boss and the healers healing the tank(or tanks).if there is no tank or healer there will be no raid.So what i meant to say if you are not resto spec ,you should the 2nd spec on resto.WAit and see how will you turn to be good geared =P

Nov 22, 2009 8:42 AM

I'm a paladin, but also heal/tank ojousama. Personally, I just find healing and tanking a lot more fun than dpsing. Well, since Ryuujinx listed his character, this is my paladin if anyone's interested:

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=La+Croisade+%C3%A9carlate&n=Silverhammer
"I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams

Nov 22, 2009 9:00 AM

I used to find healing fun, but after the nerfs to infusion of light, sacred shield and illumination, it just lost the fun of it for me. I'm sure I would enjoy it with another class, but I can't stand to level another class and so I dps most of the time. Benefits of being raid leader, I can do whatever I feel like :P

Nov 22, 2009 9:15 AM

Sadly I've never played a healer but have always wanted to. I would get back into it to level one but like most people say, I just hate leveling. Takes way too f***ing long. My only 80 atm is a Tauren hunter and I don't really enjoy them too much.

I did have a Tauren warrior that I tanked with, but I traded that account for much more and then had it stolen. :'(

I'll probably get back into the game when Cataclysm comes out and by that time, who knows, maybe I'll be in the mood to level again.

Nov 22, 2009 9:25 AM

hehe i played wow for 3-4 years or so, but i quit last february. didnt have an 80, but i did get glad rank in s1 and s2 as a rogue before i quit arenas as i had crappy internet.

Nov 22, 2009 3:14 PM

I am playing on The Shatar as Horde, lvl 80 Druid, Boomkin ftw :D My ilevel is 2800ish. Got to Algalon (10 man) today with my friends, wiho.

Nov 22, 2009 3:50 PM

The 1 hour lockout sucks doesn't it?
"I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams

Nov 22, 2009 10:09 PM

I'm liking the idea of the next Expansion so far, but I don't understand why they just don't give every class to every race, they are already coming up with this bullshit spaghetti lore to try to convince the player base why tauren are paladins and the undead are hunters now. So I just don't see why every race can be any class. Also I think the Worgen are pretty crappy when it comes to lore, They accept ware wolves? but they won't accept their forsaken brothers back? Just shows how callus the Alliance is. The goblins are okay the majority of the horde players always knew they where gonna be playable sooner or later. But I'm super excited about fighting Deathwing. Next to Sargeras and the old gods, he's the biggest evil out there.
It doesn't think, it doesn't feel, it doesn't laugh or cry..... All it does from dusk till dawn is make the soldiers die.

Nov 23, 2009 3:44 AM

aig1s said:
I am playing on The Shatar as Horde, lvl 80 Druid, Boomkin ftw :D My ilevel is 2800ish. Got to Algalon (10 man) today with my friends, wiho.

Hopefully I can get some more interest in Ulduar again to get there, we tried Freya+3 today and had a few decent attempts, but we had two people that were kind of "we -really- need people, wanna come?"

People doing <3k DPS on hard modes makes me cry.

Nov 23, 2009 8:51 AM
Jigero said:
I'm liking the idea of the next Expansion so far, but I don't understand why they just don't give every class to every race, they are already coming up with this bullshit spaghetti lore to try to convince the player base why tauren are paladins and the undead are hunters now. So I just don't see why every race can be any class. Also I think the Worgen are pretty crappy when it comes to lore, They accept ware wolves? but they won't accept their forsaken brothers back? Just shows how callus the Alliance is. The goblins are okay the majority of the horde players always knew they where gonna be playable sooner or later. But I'm super excited about fighting Deathwing. Next to Sargeras and the old gods, he's the biggest evil out there.

Well i agree that they should accept the forsaken, but i think because the forsaken are undead, they are uncurable, they died.. but in the trailer u can see that in somewhere they say ''Alliance are trying to find a cure'' so they must think worgens can still stand a chance to gain thyre sanity back to bieng a human..Or This is atleast what i think it is.Correct me if im wrong

Nov 23, 2009 10:43 AM

buzbe said:
Jigero said:

Well i agree that they should accept the forsaken, but i think because the forsaken are undead, they are uncurable, they died.. but in the trailer u can see that in somewhere they say ''Alliance are trying to find a cure'' so they must think worgens can still stand a chance to gain thyre sanity back to bieng a human..Or This is atleast what i think it is.Correct me if im wrong

Well I think it's just unfair, the alliance failed to protect them, even caused them to become part of the scourge or atleast didn't lift a finger to help them and slaughtered them under the amusing they might be infected, then when they finally did get their humanity back and break away from the scourge under their own power, now the alliance won't have them because they look different? And now seek to destroy them? That's fucked up, most of them where family, loved ones and leaders. No wonder they are the way they are. The Forsaken where the Alliance's biggest mistake
It doesn't think, it doesn't feel, it doesn't laugh or cry..... All it does from dusk till dawn is make the soldiers die.

Nov 23, 2009 12:40 PM

WoWWiki said:
The Sunken City of Vashj'ir is a new zone featured in World of Warcraft: Cataclysm. The city is located to the south of the Maelstrom and was the home of Lady Vashj before the Sundering. Players will be able to swim throughout the zone by jumping but when on the ground it will act similar to the terrestrial zones and players will use special underwater mounts to move around the zone.

Underwater mounts sounds pretty cool.

Cataclysm is a long ways away though. Right now I'm looking forward to patch 3.3.
I'm going to hate it when Northrend becomes empty, much like Outland. Amazing place, but I didn't stick around long enough on my other character to experience most of the raids and end-game content.

Also, almost 33 now.

Nov 23, 2009 2:16 PM

Ryuujinx said:

Hopefully I can get some more interest in Ulduar again to get there, we tried Freya+3 today and had a few decent attempts, but we had two people that were kind of "we -really- need people, wanna come?"

I've always felt that having organised dps that calmly drops the adds together is more helpful than brutes who screw it up, but yeah, I guess people under 3k are clearly not ready for hard mode. Do you guys have a solid paladin healer? After 3.2 with beacon on the tank, spamming holy light on the raid, Raid Sac and Aura Mastery + concentration, they are pretty OP for Freya. I could just be saying that because I play a paladin and like my class though. :P

Nov 23, 2009 3:12 PM

Silverhammer said:
Ryuujinx said:

I've always felt that having organised dps that calmly drops the adds together is more helpful than brutes who screw it up, but yeah, I guess people under 3k are clearly not ready for hard mode. Do you guys have a solid paladin healer? After 3.2 with beacon on the tank, spamming holy light on the raid, Raid Sac and Aura Mastery + concentration, they are pretty OP for Freya. I could just be saying that because I play a paladin and like my class though. :P

We don't have a pally healer anymore.

Raid setup as usual:

Prot Pally
Prot Warrior
Ret Pally (hooray me!)
Feral Drood
Fury Warrior/Second Feral/Enhance Shaman
Ele Shaman
Shadow Priest/Second Ele Shaman
Resto Shaman
Holy Priest
Disc Priest

I play pally too and rather love my class, but I can't stand healing anymore :P

And yes, calmy dropping the adds correctly (not exploding the adds on Lashers, not standing in the raid on big tree, killing them at the same time for elementals, etc) is important, but uh.. 3k is a bit low. I'm not sure if that's even high enough for the burn phase after the add phases. Normally our lowest is ~3.9 and our highest is usually around 5.5~6 on non-gimmick fights.

Nov 24, 2009 2:04 AM

Yeah, no argument of course. 3k is bad, whether it's because of gear or skill, but guys approaching 6k should leave you with more than enough dps I would have thought, if the raid healers keep everyone up. What was it that caused wipes normally out of curiosity?

Nov 24, 2009 3:22 AM

WoL: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/uecqxhyo98gdlwi9/

On Kolo/Cat lady the rogue/lock were doing pretty terribad is the sub3k number I was talking about.

Most of them were wipes due to the elementals. Either taking too long entirely, or killing one too early without the others low enough, etc. I think we wiped once to killing lashers too fast. A big issue was due to the lower DPS output we had problems with threat on the snaplasher (as the tank has to start kiting it once the stacks get too high and if a melee pulls threat it'll one shot them) After getting through all 3 waves once with a.. subpar group, I'm positive we can do it if I get people that are actually ready for hard modes.

Edit: hmm, our DPS is a bit lower then I remember; but we can do Hodir Hard, so I know we have the DPS to do it :P
Modified by Ryuujinx, Nov 24, 2009 3:27 AM

Nov 24, 2009 7:39 AM
Jigero said:
buzbe said:
Jigero said:

Well I think it's just unfair, the alliance failed to protect them, even caused them to become part of the scourge or atleast didn't lift a finger to help them and slaughtered them under the amusing they might be infected, then when they finally did get their humanity back and break away from the scourge under their own power, now the alliance won't have them because they look different? And now seek to destroy them? That's fucked up, most of them where family, loved ones and leaders. No wonder they are the way they are. The Forsaken where the Alliance's biggest mistake

Totally agree on that, alliance are the real bad people here, people think horde are

And btw..I think the orcs accepted some other orcs who were abandoned or something like that into thyre alliance , even though not from the same clan..Yes Undead/alive is diffrent than clan/clan but still...

Dec 8, 2009 1:58 PM

I'm so damn bored waiting for the servers to go back up. I basically have nothing else to do until nighttime. Goddammit, Blizzard.

Well, at least I'm in Outland now. I pretty much leveled entirely in AV from 51-58, but since my battlegroup is terrible at AV and loses 90% of the time, it didn't go as fast as it could have.
Yeah, let's all just leave everything defenseless and have five people chase after one mounted Alliance.

Once the servers are back up I'm going to continue blowing my way to 68 so I can get to Northrend. Hellfire Peninsula is crawling in DKs and quite gank heavy, but at least the zone and quests are pleasant. But yeah, I should be hitting 80 before the year ends if I can keep the pace up.

Dec 11, 2009 9:00 AM

lol there's plenty of things to do with your time but i know how you feel when you hardcore play WoW you easily lose intrest in other things

Jan 1, 2010 11:37 AM

My 80s are:
Fatal - Human DK - Frost dps/unh dps
Gamered - Dranei Shaman - Ele dps/Resto
Gamerdric - Human Warrior - Arms pvp/Prot

Nagrand EU

Jan 1, 2010 11:41 AM

dont actually play any more, but i used to have a night elf rogue (harp spec before it got nerfed), on ragnaros EU

got gladiator rank in s1 and s2, but ive never raided past karazhan :3

quit playing before wotlk came out

Jan 1, 2010 12:59 PM

WoW kills you slowly

Jan 1, 2010 1:09 PM

We're already dying slowly however you look at it, Fight4Glory. :)

Jan 1, 2010 3:12 PM
Silverhammer said:
We're already dying slowly however you look at it, Fight4Glory. :)

LOL yup..Im guessing by 2100 Life expectancy will be around 30-40 years of age

Pages (2) « 1 [2]