Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums

[poll] Who is YOUR best girl? -VN Readers- (non VN readers might be spoiled, enter on your own risk)

Pages (132) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Post New Reply
Poll: Best girl in Fate/Stay Night

Oct 14, 2014 6:03 AM

BotatoPriest said:
I see spoilers being thrown left and right without being tagged. I know the title says VN readers but OP you should really add a spoilers warning to the title, some unfortunate soul might come here by mistake which will be worse than walking in a minefield.

Obviously Rin is best girl.
There's also Issei and Ayako.

Fix'd.
And isn't Ayako in love with
Poor girl.

WrongPriest said:

Saber with bewbs? Fake.
Modified by natsucule, Oct 14, 2014 6:06 AM

Oct 14, 2014 6:06 AM

... Did you just add Kotomine to the poll?

But we can't take back our votes right? Pffff.
YouTube (Umineko Chiru spoilers!) - VNDB - Steam

Oct 14, 2014 6:06 AM

Kirei > Illya > Caren > Bazett > main heroines > Rider > Caster > Ayako > Taiga > everyone else > Makidera

Oct 14, 2014 6:08 AM
something here

Yeah wtf you can't just add Kirei when we can't change our votes.

Oct 14, 2014 6:09 AM

natsucule said:

Saber with bewbs? Fake.

It's all about the pressure being exerted by Rins left arm

Confirmed not "safe" hug.

Oct 14, 2014 6:10 AM

Seriously, take Kirei out of the poll. Don't make this a troll thread.... =.=

Oct 14, 2014 6:10 AM

InsertPriestHere said:
Yeah wtf you can't just add Kirei when we can't change our votes.

Have to give a headstart to the inferior girls as well.
Everyone knows that Kotomine always wins

except when Caren is included
Modified by Heisen, Oct 14, 2014 6:14 AM

Oct 14, 2014 6:11 AM

natsucule said:
BotatoPriest said:
I see spoilers being thrown left and right without being tagged. I know the title says VN readers but OP you should really add a spoilers warning to the title, some unfortunate soul might come here by mistake which will be worse than walking in a minefield.

Obviously Rin is best girl.
There's also Issei and Ayako.

Fix'd.
And isn't Ayako in love with
Poor girl.

That's the joke. Ayako looks like Shiki.

Oct 14, 2014 6:17 AM

Rin hands down best girl I love saber to but Rin just has something special:)

Oct 14, 2014 6:22 AM

Saber>Sakura (I dislike her backstory, because I find it disgusting) = Rin ( I had enough of tsundere) > Everyone
else
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

Oct 14, 2014 6:23 AM

WrongPriest said:
Agreed, OP Remake post with updated characters

Anyone else we should added?

p.s we love you OP, sorry for ruining your thread

We'll do spoiler tags next time as well

Edit* don't do anything silly like change the name from best girl
I don't think i have to mention that

You Priests are too demanding. Make your own poll, with blackjacks and hookers.

Why do people hate Sakura? I voted for her because having Shirou after all that she's been through
is just right. She's broken and will find happiness with a broken man.

Oct 14, 2014 6:30 AM

natsucule said:

You Priests are too demanding. Make your own poll, with blackjacks and hookers.

Why do people hate Sakura? I voted for her because having Shirou after all that she's been through
is just right. She's broken and will find happiness with a broken man.

Yeah sorry that's just me, I realized how much of a dick move it was after i posted it.

I totally agree with you about Sakura, Like so many characters FHA made me love them so much more.
It's ridiculous how much flak she takes though.

Edit* Read over my post and deleted it, I just got a bit excited over the addition of the true best girl.

Oct 14, 2014 6:38 AM

CookingPriest said:
Grey-Zone said:

Did we read the same VN? Because you are sounding as if your speculation and interpretation were fact. Or did you accidently mix your memories with some fan-fiction?

Nope. That's exactly what happened in VN. Shirou's out of nowhere turn of character in HF was awful.

HF and Fate are extremes of idealism/realism
UBW is healthy middle where Shirou still gets to have an ideal but reconciles it with reality.

Not nihilistic, and he doesn't throw it away. He simply resolves his ideal in HF by saving Sakura over everyone else. That should be, like, the most obvious thing ever in the VN.

Despite claiming to be a purist who knows the absolute truth of the VN as it was intended by Nasu, your attitude towards Sakura is ridiculously sickening. For all your criticisms of proper adaptations and secondaries, why is it so hard for you to wrap your mind around Heaven's Feel?

Grey-Zone said:
There is no best girl. They all have their own strength

Saber <- Best action girl and best sword-fight teacher
Rin <- Most awesome girl and best magic teacher
Sakura <- Most fitting to Shirou and best wife-material (Note: wife =/= waifu)

Every girl has her own strong aspects, though I really cannot comprehend the hate against Sakura... it is irrational and worse than the hate of DEEN "secondaries" against DEEN!Shirou. I have yet to see a valid argument, for why Sakura is bad.

Apparently, she's bad because she doesn't compare to the other two heroines, and because her circumstances and actions are so unrealistic that her sole function is to act as a plot device to drive HF...

Okay. Heroine rant, go.

Saber is respectable, for she tried to lead an entire country through nothing but pure laws and ideals, and for a time even succeeded. Even if that kingdom of hers ultimately collapsed, she will always be known as the legendary Once and Future King, King Arthur.

Rin is admirable as a role model, as even with the loss of her parents, she's tried hard to become a worthy magus of the Tohsaka family while at the same time balancing this with her normal life. It's a hardship, nothing compared to the utter inhuman isolation that Sakura and Saber have had to go through, but a hard feat nonetheless.

But while Saber found pride in how she led Britain and while Rin found satisfaction in how she grew as a magus, there was never any such thing for Sakura. Raised to be violated. To be a puppet. To be useless. I mean, come on, it's probably better if she just stayed as a living, emotionless tool whose only purpose is to serve, right?

Who bloody cares that she spent over ten years defending her sense of self? Who cares that she clings onto hopes beyond her reach with all her might? Obviously, she doesn't deserve that.
Obviously, she does not need any compensation for the constant torture and agony that she's had to go through most of her entire life, so let's just leave her be and pair up her only hope with someone more pretty, smart, cool, and appropriate, NOW SHALL WE?

Ahaha, yes, that is how the world works. Hate on the weak, praise the strong. The strong need their flaws to be solved so they can be even stronger, and the weak do not require any saving whatsoever.

Well, for all those guys who think that a girl who's suffered more than anyone else and yet endured and hoped more than anyone else, is nothing but a worthless underclassmen who says 'senpai senpai' all the time, I ask them - what's wrong with overattachment? What's wrong with wanting to be accepted, to be acknowledged, to enjoy a fleeting, insignificant hope of a normal life for once in her overly messed up life?

No, more importantly, WHAT'S WRONG WITH WANTING SOME ATTENTION? If a person is on fire, are you going to insult them, to laugh at them for asking for something as simple as water to save themselves? Hence, if she seems like she's clamoring towards Shirou all time, well then, that should only natural.

So she's neither the cutest nor the coolest, yes, that's very clear. So she's not pure, she's been dirtied and violated, oh what horror, now she's just like a disgusting, used rag that should be thrown away. Ew, ew, ew, worms ew, I want my waifu to be pure and cute.If she starts showing her true feelings towards the one she likes, then that's only more EW, right? If she tries her best to stand up for herself, then it only serves her right to fall back down, right? A bitch like her should just sit still and stay quiet, since she's only good for making sandwiches, after all.

Thing is, the only notable things she's done are mistakes that backfire on other people and skew their viewpoints on her - ironically, even in real life. This is how people such as her in reality live like, every single agonizing day, with all kinds of overbearing, inhuman insecurities.

Now, I believe that a life should be compensated for its suffering. Out of all the three heroines, ask yourselves, who needs saving the most?

Saber needs an answer to her dilemma over saving Britain, while Rin needs a way to be herself without worrying about overly complex stuff - but those are things that can solve themselves over time. As for Sakura, it's different, since she needs a reason to live.

The themes of F/Z and F/SN both are about being a hero. A superhero who saves lives. The difference being helping someone and saving someone, and the most effective way to go about it. Saving everyone you can about, saving the majority over the minority, this and that and what-not. When you get down to it, even though this should be obvious even to a child, the one who truly needs to be saved in any rescue situation is the VICTIM and not the HERO doing the actual job.

With all the amount of shit she has to deal through, she deserves happiness more than anyone else with Emiya Shirou. A girl who needs to be saved. A boy who needs to save someone. Do you not see the connection here?

I'll admit, I don't really know what you boys truly see in a girl since at times your interests tend to be rather off, but for me, the answer to this is apparent, and the case should be the same for everyone else who aspires to save other people and help them build better lives.

Therefore, Sakura for best girl.

tl;dr = All three heroines are cool, but Sakura is without a doubt best girl of F/SN.
Modified by CarenPriestess, Oct 14, 2014 6:47 AM

Oct 14, 2014 6:42 AM

MercifulPriest said:

Therefore, Sakura for best girl.

tl;dr = All three heroines are cool, but Sakura is without a doubt best girl of F/SN.

Beautiful, just beautiful. I agree with every word.

Oct 14, 2014 6:45 AM
Hug Addict <3

I think it depends a bit on what values you use for judging characters too.

Personally I don't think of fictional characters and real ones in the same way whatsoever, and rather than basing my opinion on "who I would choose if I were in the protagonist's position", I simply do it by "who I like the most from the reader's/viewer's third-person perspective".

And for similar reasons, no matter which girl might be considered the "logical" choice, that for me has next to no relevance regarding whether or not she's the "best" girl. In the case of Sakura, short version being that I found her one of my top 3 most annoying characters of all time and I had to calm myself down from not skip moding through every scene where she was going full #senpai~ mode due to how cringeworthy it was. That is really my only reason for hating her but that's also all I need.

A cuddle a day keeps the pouting away~
"Holding hands is just the first step to getting pregnant"

Oct 14, 2014 6:48 AM

Because swallowing half the town with the shadow is wrong and no amount of torture can justify it?

Oct 14, 2014 6:49 AM

MercifulPriest said:
^^

Amen.

Seriously you do this everytime.

Geez, i think i just developed a crush.

Oct 14, 2014 6:50 AM

Raziel1991 said:
Because swallowing half the town with the shadow is wrong and no amount of torture can justify it?

I like how everyone forgets that she was affected by the corruption of Angra Mainyu.

Oct 14, 2014 6:51 AM

HaXXspetten said:

Personally I don't think of fictional characters and real ones in the same way whatsoever, and rather than basing my opinion on "who I would choose if I were in the protagonist's position", I simply do it by "who I like the most from the reader's/viewer's third-person perspective".

And for similar reasons, no matter which girl might be considered the "logical" choice, that for me has next to no relevance regarding whether or not she's the "best" girl. In the case of Sakura, short version being that I found her one of my top 3 most annoying characters of all time and I had to calm myself down from not skip moding through every scene where she was going full #senpai~ mode due to how cringeworthy it was. That is really my only reason for hating her but that's also all I need.
Please tell me Yuno is #1 most annoying character you've seen.

Oct 14, 2014 6:52 AM

HaXXspetten said:

I had to calm myself down from not skip moding through every scene where she was going full #senpai~ mode due to how cringeworthy it was. That is really my only reason for hating her but that's also all I need.

Wow, so different for me. I actually made it my notification tone on my smartphone.
Not saying you're wrong or anything, just surprised.

Oct 14, 2014 6:53 AM

HereticPriest said:
Raziel1991 said:

I like how everyone forgets that she was affected by the corruption of Angra Mainyu.

Angra Mainyu just amplifies her hatred. It doesn't create it. It has no identity to begin with.

So her desire to swallow the town is there, Angra Mainyu just transform desire into reality.

Excuse is just excuse.

Yes, I'm repeating Fai because what he said is true. :3

Oct 14, 2014 6:53 AM

Again, Issei is the best. Should have added Issei.

Oct 14, 2014 7:02 AM

CorePriest said:

Sweet Geesuz

FORGIVE ME PADRE FOR I HAVE SINNNNNED.

~~~~~
As for Sakura, Slaughtering dozens of people wasn't enough to stop her sister from loving her and just wanting her to smile after all she's been through.

same with Shirou

and same with me :"(

Oct 14, 2014 7:03 AM
something here

CorePriest said:

Dat taiga tho.

Oct 14, 2014 7:05 AM
Hug Addict <3

BotatoPriest said:
HaXXspetten said:

Please tell me Yuno is #1 most annoying character you've seen.
uh no my #1&2 are Nina Einstein from Code Geass and Chris Northfield from Princess Waltz

if you're referring to Gasai Yuno then no, I generally like yanderes, they make shows more interesting :>

A cuddle a day keeps the pouting away~
"Holding hands is just the first step to getting pregnant"

Oct 14, 2014 7:06 AM

CorePriest said:

I really hope they'll animate

HaXXspetten said:

if you're referring to Gasai Yuno then no, I generally like yanderes, they make shows more interesting :>

I think he mentioned Yuno because of her "Yukii~Yukii" mode.

Oct 14, 2014 7:08 AM

WrongPriest said:
MercifulPriest said:
^^

Amen.

YESH THAT IS THE CORRECT ATTITUDE, MY FELLOW PRIEST. REJOICE AND COWER BEFORE MY AWSHUM RANK A RANTING SKILLS

Uhhh, I don't really know how to respond to that, but thanks, I guess~? ^^

chickenonthepan said:
HereticPriest said:

Angra Mainyu just amplifies her hatred. It doesn't create it. It has no identity to begin with.

So her desire to swallow the town is there, Angra Mainyu just transform desire into reality.

Excuse is just excuse.

I get the feeling that you've never experienced depression before. Suicidal tendencies, things like that. If you have, then you'd know what it's like to hate hate hate HATE everyone. Not to say it's healthy, but there are tons of people who think like that at times due to their circumstances - and you're going to blame them still?

You blame Sakura herself for having very human feelings about having put up with being molested, abused, and practically tortured every single day for the past ten or so years by the Matou family? Of course that desire must have existed, before but when All The Evils Of The World came along, he took extreme advantage of that suppressed hatred.

Well I mean, if you want, I can launch into another rant right now and I'll connect it to racism in the west, how blacks used to suffer under the whites due to their perceived violence, which was itself only there due to the whites' constant abuse of them. History is lovely, is it not? :>
Modified by CarenPriestess, Oct 14, 2014 7:19 AM

Oct 14, 2014 7:15 AM

natsucule said:
CorePriest said:

I think that's the scene the artist referred to, when he drew that countdown artwork.
Actually, Rin and Ilya share first place for me, but...
Screw Sakura, Ayako and Issei all the way.

Oct 14, 2014 7:16 AM

MercifulPriest said:

I mean, if you want, I can launch into another rant right now and I'll connect it to racism in the west, how blacks used to suffer under the whites due to their perceived violence, which was itself only there due to the whites' constant abuse of them. History is lovely, is it not~

Nah, Don't do that.

Your ability to defuse threads has been the reason why i grew to love respect you Platonic-ly

I don't want more fighting, lets try and keep this thread light.

~~~~~~~

Not to go off on another FHA rant, but Sakura was so cool in that.

Her freaking out servants with her dark aura.. and the Princess scene in Illya's mansion *Squeeee

Oct 14, 2014 7:18 AM

Will FHA ever be released? I'm still waiting for it to be fully edited.

Oct 14, 2014 7:21 AM

natsucule said:

Final Phase of Editing, Progress:
Main game text: 28.3% Ema: 0.0% Hanafuda: 0.0%

Oct 14, 2014 7:25 AM

natsucule said:

YES YES YES, Go read it now!

It's all done(more or less who gives a shit) except for one side story with female glasses-kun.

It's so much fun, Type-moon messing with it's own characters on one side.

Then awesomeness on the other.

Respect:

Even CP loves it.

Oct 14, 2014 7:27 AM

What are you talking about, Love Detective Himuro has been finished for a long time now. They are removing the last few typos and make some edits.

Oct 14, 2014 7:28 AM

CorePriest said:

Final Phase of Editing, Progress:
Main game text: 28.3% Ema: 0.0% Hanafuda: 0.0%

Final phase of can kiss my ass

Even saber is excited:

Oct 14, 2014 7:30 AM

WrongPriest said:
natsucule said:

YES YES YES, Go read it now!

It's all done(more or less who gives a shit) except for one side story with female glasses-kun.

It's so much fun, Type-moon messing with it's own characters on one side.

Then awesomeness on the other.

Respect:

Even CP loves it.

Is it readable? Without editing and such? If so I'll need a link. Planning to read it along with F/SN between cours.

Oct 14, 2014 7:33 AM

MercifulPriest said:
tl;dr

Too long did not read, but considering your previous delusions about Sakura, I already can predict the bullshit written. Oh well. Won't start this argument here AGAIN, since I already stated what I want last time you did this. Needless to say I will never agree with your view of Sakura or who fits Shirou more, considering its completely unrealistic and biased. I already stated my view before on how both Saber and Sakura are the opposite kinds of enablers for Shirou's more insane behaviors, while Rin counter-balances it, so won't go in depth into that AGAIN either.

Don't care to even argue about Sakura that much since that would irritate me. The fact that some people EXCUSE her behavior, is sickening.

Oct 14, 2014 7:33 AM

natsucule said:

Is it readable? Without editing and such? If so I'll need a link. Planning to read it along with F/SN between cours.

Very readable, i didn't notice anything serious and i'm a mentally sound and totally..
Maybe you should get another opinion

What do you think core?

Oct 14, 2014 7:34 AM

CookingPriest said:
MercifulPriest said:
tl;dr

Too long did not read, but considering your previous delusions about Sakura, I already can predict the bullshit written. Oh well. Won't start this argument here AGAIN, since I already stated what I want last time you did this. Needless to say I will never agree with your view of Sakura or who fits Shirou more, considering its completely unrealistic and biased.

DON'T START THIS SHIT I'M TALKING ABOUT HOLLOW ATARAXIA

Oct 14, 2014 7:36 AM

WrongPriest said:
CookingPriest said:

Too long did not read, but considering your previous delusions about Sakura, I already can predict the bullshit written. Oh well. Won't start this argument here AGAIN, since I already stated what I want last time you did this. Needless to say I will never agree with your view of Sakura or who fits Shirou more, considering its completely unrealistic and biased.

DON'T START THIS SHIT I'M TALKING ABOUT HOLLOW ATARAXIA

Oct 14, 2014 7:37 AM

WrongPriest said:
natsucule said:

Very readable, i didn't notice anything serious and i'm a mentally sound and totally..

What do you think core?

Perfectly readable. There are some typos left, but these shouldn't be such a big issue. These typos will be fixed soon anyway, as you can see in the link I posted.

Oct 14, 2014 7:40 AM

CorePriest said:
WrongPriest said:

What do you think core?

Perfectly readable. There are some typos left, but these shouldn't be such a big issue. These typos will be fixed soon anyway, as you can see in the link I posted.

Great. Thanks to both Core and Wrong.
And Cooking...can we not?

Oct 14, 2014 7:46 AM

natsucule said:
CorePriest said:

Great. Thanks to both Core and Wrong.
And Cooking...can we not?

Already said that I would bet too irritated to go over AGAIN(did that three times with that person) on why Sakura is NOWHERE NEAR fitting nor "best".

Then again, I do not view cold-hearted nihilistic dreamless ideal-less cynicism as that much of healthy way to grow up while certain few here seem to idolize it, so no wonder I can't see eye to eye in terms of Sakura.

Oct 14, 2014 7:49 AM

natsucule said:
Why do people hate Sakura?

She took Shirous arm. Which was supposedly a mortal wound. Which means that if Archers arm wasn't sacrificed (and she had no way of knowing that), Shirou would have died. In my books you don't treat people you love that way. In my eyes Sakura did way too many things wrong to be liked. Sure she was cornered and put in an awkward position but the things she did during Stay Night made me dislike her.

Also I like foolish ideal better than selfish ideal. I'm a sucker for self-sacrifice (in order to save the ones you love (Saber sacrifices her life for her kingdom)). Shirou sacrifices his dreams in order to bring the war to a good end. Rin sacrifices her gems, poor Rin you saved them for so long and they were so shiney! Sakura just takes.

Oct 14, 2014 7:52 AM

I do NOT hate the yandere-Sakura. I find her fascinating character. I despise the senpaisenpaisenpai-Sakura mask, that has no redeeming qualities or personality. And I would never see either of them as viable "wife" nor "fitting for Shirou", not to mention that I view it that she got off easy in True End. Unlike everyone else who always pays for their actions(Kirei, Saber, Shinji, etc).

Oct 14, 2014 7:52 AM

natsucule said:
CorePriest said:

...okay I'll admit it. This is one of my top three anticipated scenes for the UBW anime, the other two being of course the climactic last two battles~ It's just. It's just HOT COMEDY GOLD, and to see it animated by Ufotable of all studios w- would be-

WrongPriest said:
MercifulPriest said:

I mean, if you want, I can launch into another rant right now and I'll connect it to racism in the west, how blacks used to suffer under the whites due to their perceived violence, which was itself only there due to the whites' constant abuse of them. History is lovely, is it not~

Nah, Don't do that.

Your ability to defuse threads has been the reason why i grew to love respect you Platonic-ly

I don't want more fighting, lets try and keep this thread light.

I see~

Well, I just try my best to express my own opinion, while at the same time acknowledging others. If I can make a hater change their mind about something, then that's enough of a plus for me, but there's really no point in dragging the issue if all sides are resolute. Everyone's entitled to their own opinions and viewpoints, after all.

Honestly, I'd prefer to stay away from this whole waifu wars thing, it just bothered me to see a lot of irrational Sakura hate here~

Annndd yesh, Sakura got to shine quite a bit in F/HA. T'was absolutely awshum ;3

Oct 14, 2014 7:56 AM

MercifulPriest said:
;3

tl;dr you (Wrong, Myself) like Sakura the best. And Cooking doesn't. Let's leave it at that.

Oct 14, 2014 8:01 AM

MercifulPriest said:
WrongPriest said:

Amen.

YESH THAT IS THE CORRECT ATTITUDE, MY FELLOW PRIEST. REJOICE AND COWER BEFORE MY AWSHUM RANK A RANTING SKILLS

Uhhh, I don't really know how to respond to that, but thanks, I guess~? ^^

chickenonthepan said:

Excuse is just excuse.

I get the feeling that you've never experienced depression before. Suicidal tendencies, things like that. If you have, then you'd know what it's like to hate hate hate HATE everyone. Not to say it's healthy, but there are tons of people who think like that at times due to their circumstances - and you're going to blame them still?

You blame Sakura herself for having very human feelings about having put up with being molested, abused, and practically tortured every single day for the past ten or so years by the Matou family? Of course that desire must have existed, before but when All The Evils Of The World came along, he took extreme advantage of that suppressed hatred.

Well I mean, if you want, I can launch into another rant right now and I'll connect it to racism in the west, how blacks used to suffer under the whites due to their perceived violence, which was itself only there due to the whites' constant abuse of them. History is lovely, is it not? :>

So then according to you all there is to Sakuras character is her terrible past? Thats the very definition of a shitty character. And besides you excuse is pure bullshit. Imagine that Sakuras shadow killed one of your relatives or friends. Would you still not blame or hate her for what she did? I sure would.
Modified by Raziel1991, Oct 14, 2014 8:10 AM

Oct 14, 2014 8:07 AM

natsucule said:

tl;dr you (Wrong, Myself) like Sakura the best. And Cooking doesn't. Let's leave it at that.

I DUNNO GUYS

I have a final irrefutable argument that I've detailed tirelessly in this highlighted spoiler tag just here:

------>

Now we are done.

Oct 14, 2014 8:09 AM

natsucule said:
MercifulPriest said:
;3

tl;dr you (Wrong, Myself) like Sakura the best. And Cooking and also Raziel1991 doesn't. Let's leave it at that after Wrong posts his stupid pictures like always.

Fix'd

Your welcome

Pages (132) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »