Forum Settings
Forums
New
Oct 13, 2014 6:15 PM

Jul 2013
I'm just looking for anime that meet this criteria.

The following list of anime are all anime that I've seen where the guy gets with the girl, 100% confirmed or very heavily implied (safe to assume that they end up together). So if you're looking for an anime to watch, here's a good list to start from:

There are a few that I did not include because the ending was kind of ambiguous and open to interpretation, or the couple didn't feel "real" or the couple was "forced" (like in My Bride is a Mermaid, Ai Yori Aoshi, Nisekoi, etc) I may have missed a few, as well. Feel free to check my list for a more comprehensive list! Back to the topic at hand:

I'm basically looking for stuff to watch to hold me over until SAO Season 2 and Log Horizon Season 2 are completed so I can marathon them. I don't care what you say, I like them both. That "stuff", however, must be anime where the guy gets the girl (again, refer to the list above for basically every example of anime that I've seen that I can remember). Thanks in advance.

EDIT: New additions to list. Also, I'd like the anime to have a happy ending. Or, if the ending is similar to Clannad After Story (people who have seen it know what I mean).

CallMePriestOct 16, 2014 3:54 PM
Eminem meets Clannad
Just when you thought Clannad's OST was as sad as it could get ;_;

If you seen School Days, rewatch the ending while listening to A Little of Piece of Heaven by A7X. I guarantee laughs.
Oct 13, 2014 6:50 PM

Jul 2014
Eureka 7, if you don't mind Mecha.
Oct 13, 2014 6:53 PM

Jul 2013
xRatatosk said:
Eureka 7, if you don't mind Mecha.

I knew I forgot something important. Already seen it, but thanks for the suggestion :)
Eminem meets Clannad

If you seen School Days, rewatch the ending while listening to A Little of Piece of Heaven by A7X. I guarantee laughs.
Oct 13, 2014 6:58 PM

Nov 2009
so basically you're looking for conclusive romance? in that case

Shakugan no Shana (all 3 seasons)
Soredemo Sekai wa Utsukushii
Guilty Crown (sad ending but good anime)
Aura: Maryuuinkouga Saigo no Tatakai
Busou Renkin
Otome Youkai Zakuro
Chrno Crusade (again sad ending tho)
Dragonaut: The Resonance (I personally thought this anime was pretty meh but it has the kind of romance you're asking for)
Mawaru Penguindrum (and again, ending is sad)
Tokyo Ravens
Zetsuen no Tempest (not 100% official but very heavily implied at end they will become a couple)
Suisei no Gargantia (again very heavily implied that they will become a couple; their feelings are shown as being mutual)

those are some options I suppose lol
SapphireStar26Oct 13, 2014 7:02 PM
Oct 13, 2014 7:07 PM

Jul 2013
SapphireStar26 said:
so basically you're looking for conclusive romance? in that case

Shakugan no Shana (all 3 seasons)
Soredemo Sekai wa Utsukushii
Guilty Crown (sad ending but good anime)
Aura: Maryuuinkouga Saigo no Tatakai
Busou Renkin
Otome Youkai Zakuro
Chrno Crusade (again sad ending tho)
Dragonaut: The Resonance (I personally thought this anime was pretty meh but it has the kind of romance you're asking for)
Mawaru Penguindrum (and again, ending is sad)
Tokyo Ravens
Zetsuen no Tempest (not 100% official but very heavily implied at end they will become a couple)
Suisei no Gargantia (again very heavily implied that they will become a couple; their feelings are shown as being mutual)

those are some options I suppose lol

I really need to sit down and properly edit my list. It's entirely my fault :/

I've seen Shakugan no Shana (it was alright), Busou Renkin, Otome Youkai Zakuro (really like it), Chrno Crusade, and Zetsuen no Tempest. I'd go ahead and give Zetsuen no Tempest a pass on whether or not they became a couple.

Also, I'd like the ending to not be sad. The ef series was about sad as I was willing to go, and I've seen Rumbling Hearts and AnoHana not knowing what to expect. That's enough sadness for one lifetime, thank you very much lol.

However, I haven't seen some of the other ones you've mentioned, so I'll give them a look see. Thank you!

Keep them recs coming!
Eminem meets Clannad

Oct 13, 2014 7:14 PM

Jul 2014
Mawaru Penguindrum doesn't fit, just saying.
Oct 13, 2014 7:18 PM

Jul 2013
xRatatosk said:

Wasn't going to watch it anyway, he said it had a sad ending. I don't sad endings lol.
Eminem meets Clannad

Oct 13, 2014 7:20 PM

Jul 2014
I didn't think the ending was sad lol. It depends on the viewer, it can go both ways.

Well sorry for derailing somewhat, hope you find something.
Oct 13, 2014 7:21 PM

Jul 2013
Regardless, I'm gonna start with Soredemo Sekai wa Utsukushii first. I've heard good things about this, but I wasn't too sure if him and her ended up together.
Eminem meets Clannad

Oct 13, 2014 7:27 PM

Nov 2009
xRatatosk said:

Well in a way it does (I was thinking of Shouma and Ringo) but yeah I can see what you mean...and well the ending was more bittersweet than sad but personally I felt sad b/c I really loved Shouma and Ringo together and then...well you clearly know what happens lol

As for Soredemo, don't worry, they're technically together from the very beginning since it starts with them becoming engaged. It's a very good romance and one of my favs c:
Oct 13, 2014 7:27 PM

Jul 2012
Nagi no Asukara and +1 Soredemo Sekai
Oct 13, 2014 8:02 PM

Feb 2013
The Vision of Escaflowne - the "pair" is pretty obvious right off.

Sacred Blacksmith - again, obvious pairing
Oct 13, 2014 8:24 PM

Sep 2014
The Legend of Condor Hero
Overview/review: http://www.anime-forums.com/showthread.php?158393-The-Legend-of-Condor-Hero-review

Elemental Gelade(I'm actually shocked you haven't seen this, especially going by the types of anime you have seen)

Please Teacher

Kaze no Stigma(I know this is left open ended due to the author dying, this series was clearly meant to have a 2nd season, but we all know those two would've ended up together, and got married, It's pretty obvious, It's not like Kekkaishi, where It's left unclear how things will go).
Oct 13, 2014 9:03 PM

Jun 2014
THE DUMBEST POST IVE SEEN
Oct 14, 2014 5:59 AM

Jul 2013
BurntJelly said:

I heard that no one really ends up together. I know that two of the characters really like each other or something. Can you confirm if two of them conclusively end up together?

Zoltor said:
Overview/review: http://www.anime-forums.com/showthread.php?158393-The-Legend-of-Condor-Hero-review

Elemental Gelade(I'm actually shocked you haven't seen this, especially going by the types of anime you have seen)

Please Teacher

Kaze no Stigma(I know this is left open ended due to the author dying, this series was clearly meant to have a 2nd season, but we all know those two would've ended up together, and got married, It's pretty obvious, It's not like Kekkaishi, where It's left unclear how things will go).

I didn't include Kaze no Stigma in my list because of the inconclusive ending. I've already seen it, though. Really wish the manga author didn't have to go so soon :(

I've also already seen Please, Teacher! I added it to my list.

As for Elemental Gelade, I read that they don't actually end up together. It's a nice romance, but what I really want are couples. If I'm wrong, please let me know!

Regarding Legend of the Condor Hero, I'll definitely give that a watch. I've heard some pretty good things about it in the past. Animation quality isn't really an issue for me, so I'm fine with older anime.

tankker5 said:

I'm sure you've seen dumber. If not, then you're welcome.

Thanks for all the suggestions guys, keep them coming! I've gotta somehow survive another 24 weeks or so until Log Horizon ends so I can marathon that lol.
Eminem meets Clannad

Oct 14, 2014 10:56 AM

Sep 2014
CallMePriest said:
BurntJelly said:

I heard that no one really ends up together. I know that two of the characters really like each other or something. Can you confirm if two of them conclusively end up together?

Zoltor said:

Please Teacher

I didn't include Kaze no Stigma in my list because of the inconclusive ending. I've already seen it, though. Really wish the manga author didn't have to go so soon :(

I've also already seen Please, Teacher! I added it to my list.

As for Elemental Gelade, I read that they don't actually end up together. It's a nice romance, but what I really want are couples. If I'm wrong, please let me know!

Regarding Legend of the Condor Hero, I'll definitely give that a watch. I've heard some pretty good things about it in the past. Animation quality isn't really an issue for me, so I'm fine with older anime.

tankker5 said:

I'm sure you've seen dumber. If not, then you're welcome.

Thanks for all the suggestions guys, keep them coming! I've gotta somehow survive another 24 weeks or so until Log Horizon ends so I can marathon that lol.

Yea it sucks he died, things were getting really good too.

Huh, please give me a link to the manga volume that implies such, because Ren and Kou quite literally have expressed their boundless love for each other, and desire to spend the rest of their lives together in the anime. I find it hard, nay impossible to believe that the manga changes this.

Cool, as long as you like heavily story driven anime, you'll love The Legend of Condor Hero, It's a awesome anime.
Oct 15, 2014 7:27 AM

May 2012
Cross Game
Oct 15, 2014 7:37 AM

Sep 2013
Major (6 seasons)
Steins;Gate
Amagami SS
Photokano
Btooom
Hajime no Ippo
Kokoro Connect
Tayutama
Oct 15, 2014 10:26 PM
Jan 2013
SUKITTE IINAYO- really good gets girl right away and it is a drama romance

Kanon 2006- very good it does get sad in some parts but don't quit watching it

Kokoro connect- very good but it will surprise you who he ends up with at the end or maybe you will just know which girl it is.

Kanokon- good show really ecchi but it is a good story

Chobits- good show if you have not seen watch it

Chaos head- really good

Toradora- you have most likely seen this but ill put it up there anyway

Dragon crisis- this is one of my favorites
Oct 16, 2014 4:01 PM

Jul 2013
Okay, so here's a list of what I plan on watching so far (will cross out what I've completed):

Chaos;Head (Of course it's stylized like some twelve year old would when he first learns how to use alt codes -_-*)
Dragon Crisis
Dragonaut: The Resonance
Photokano
Suisei no Gargantia
Tokyo Ravens
Tayutama

Thanks guys! Keep the recs coming, only 24 (23?) weeks left ^_^'
CallMePriestOct 21, 2014 8:41 PM
Eminem meets Clannad

Oct 21, 2014 8:40 PM

Jul 2013
bump
Eminem meets Clannad

Oct 21, 2014 9:32 PM

Sep 2014
Guilty crown is pretty good
Nov 19, 2014 3:17 PM

May 2014
Everyone seems to be forgetting Angel Beats and Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood
(you have to watch through the credit scenes to the very end for both of these)
Jan 15, 2015 11:40 PM

Jul 2013
bump
Eminem meets Clannad

Jan 15, 2015 11:50 PM

Jan 2015
Full metal panic?
Elemental gelade
Dansai Bunri no Crime Edge
Oda Nobuna no Yabou
Nazo no Kanojo X
Natsuyuki Rendezvou
KodateJan 15, 2015 11:56 PM
If you have time to think of a beautiful end, then live beautifully until the end - Sakata Gintoki
Jan 16, 2015 12:14 AM
Nov 2010
Hanbun no Tsuki ga Noboru Sora
Kimi ga Nozomu Eien
Hanasakeru Seishounen
eplipswichJan 16, 2015 12:18 AM
Jan 16, 2015 4:56 AM

Oct 2014
RahXephon - sci-fi. Humanity's last stand.
Allison and Lillia (review) - niche pick. Pleasant romance.

More topics from this board

» Anime recommendations please

MeZaDefined - Yesterday

1 by Zarutaku »»
39 minutes ago

» Anime that have all female guilds/clubs/groups/living places, etc

GakutoDeathGlare - Yesterday

6 by Zarutaku »»
3 hours ago

» Similar animes to Tengoku Daimakyou ( 1 2 )

Salvaged - Apr 21

71 by rikkaheh »»
6 hours ago

» Watched one episode but forgot the name

Snailsoup - 11 hours ago

2 by Snailsoup »»
10 hours ago

» New(ish) Manga Reader in Need of Recommendations!

Wakarimas-en - Apr 23

8 by Wakarimas-en »»
Yesterday, 5:07 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.