Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Poll: Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) Episode 1 Discussion


Oct 11, 2014 10:16 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2007
Posts: 23708
stAtic91 said:
ufotable is shit.

This is what Gae Bolg should look like:


Spoiler that atrocity as to protect the fragile minds and eyes of people
 
Oct 11, 2014 10:16 AM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2014
Posts: 5608
Motherf***ing Gae Bolg.

ED and OP were glorious.
 
Oct 11, 2014 10:17 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2014
Posts: 8962
damastah said:
Motherf***ing Gae Bolg.

ED and OP were glorious.

Glorious!
The sun is a deadly laser
 
Oct 11, 2014 10:18 AM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2013
Posts: 21769
CookingPriest said:
stAtic91 said:
ufotable is shit.

This is what Gae Bolg should look like:


Spoiler that atrocity as to protect the fragile minds and eyes of people
Lol that overreaction.
No seriously spoiler that since it's from a different anime...
DEEN sucks...
 
Oct 11, 2014 10:18 AM
something here

Offline
Joined: Aug 2014
Posts: 10802
stAtic91 said:
ufotable is shit.

This is what Gae Bolg should look like:



wow sugoi
ufotrash can't compare to DEEN master studio.
 
Oct 11, 2014 10:24 AM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2014
Posts: 5608
mirakura said:
damastah said:
Motherf***ing Gae Bolg.

ED and OP were glorious.

Glorious!

Glorious as hell indeed.
 
Oct 11, 2014 10:30 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2014
Posts: 4634
Btw, I like the way Saber reacts to the name "Emiya".

Original material there.
 
Oct 11, 2014 10:31 AM
Offline
Joined: Oct 2010
Posts: 5252
I thought the OP was a bit spoilerish for a bit, but then I realized this is UBW. Overall ep was nice.
 
Oct 11, 2014 10:33 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2011
Posts: 166
Nicely done episode, though a bit rushed.
Taiga is even more genki than in the VN. I thought it was impossible.
Sakura is portrayed perfectly.
Fighting scenes are godlike.

Opening gives an impression that we will have some Fate-only scenes in this adaptation.
Also, I wonder, if they will give some more screen time for Rider, so that the viewers will learn what they should from the Fate route. (I don't even doubt they will do something like this for Kirei and Ilya.)
 
Oct 11, 2014 10:36 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2014
Posts: 4634
Zulkir said:
Nicely done episode, though a bit rushed.
Taiga is even more genki than in the VN. I thought it was impossible.
Sakura is portrayed perfectly.
Fighting scenes are godlike.

Opening gives impression that we will have some Fate-only scenes in this adaptation.
Also, I wonder, if they will give some more screen time for Rider, so that the viewers will learn what they should from the Fate route. (I don't even doubt they will do something like this for Kirei and Ilya.)


When will people realize that this is a troll by Ufo? Really big one actually. =.=
 
Oct 11, 2014 10:37 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2007
Posts: 23708
chickenonthepan said:
Btw, I like the way Saber reacts to the name "Emiya".

Original material there.


Not really




Zulkir said:
Nicely done episode, though a bit rushed.
Taiga is even more genki than in the VN. I thought it was impossible.
Sakura is portrayed perfectly.
Fighting scenes are godlike.

Opening gives an impression that we will have some Fate-only scenes in this adaptation.
Also, I wonder, if they will give some more screen time for Rider, so that the viewers will learn what they should from the Fate route. (I don't even doubt they will do something like this for Kirei and Ilya.)


There's no space for all of that though. And Kirei and Illya


And they did say that they won't add anything from other routes and it will be pure UBW.


chickenonthepan said:
Zulkir said:
Nicely done episode, though a bit rushed.
Taiga is even more genki than in the VN. I thought it was impossible.
Sakura is portrayed perfectly.
Fighting scenes are godlike.

Opening gives impression that we will have some Fate-only scenes in this adaptation.
Also, I wonder, if they will give some more screen time for Rider, so that the viewers will learn what they should from the Fate route. (I don't even doubt they will do something like this for Kirei and Ilya.)


When will people realize that this is a troll by Ufo? Really big one actually. =.=


ITs literally a jab at DEEN's second OP



I understand perfectly now on WHY they did the OP the way they did:
 
Oct 11, 2014 10:41 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2014
Posts: 4634
CookingPriest said:

I understand perfectly now on WHY they did the OP the way they did:


I agree. Still, it will give people false hope. Ufo is so good with this.

And as you mentioned, FZ Op is a really good example.
Modified by Just_Chicken, Oct 11, 2014 10:49 AM
 
Oct 11, 2014 10:44 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2014
Posts: 8962
Re-watching for live reaction~

All in all, without ALL the monologues, Shirou wasn't half bad. Don't see why you're complaining :3
The sun is a deadly laser
 
Oct 11, 2014 10:46 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2011
Posts: 166
By the way, is it just my imagination that Saber looks more VN-like than she did in F/Z?
I mean, more like a "girl about 2 years younger than Shirou".
 
Oct 11, 2014 10:47 AM
Offline
Joined: Oct 2010
Posts: 5252
mirakura said:
Re-watching for live reaction~

All in all, without ALL the monologues, Shirou wasn't half bad. Don't see why you're complaining :3


People are expecting a substantial amount of monologues in this? I'm pretty sure Ufotable are going to do the bare minimum to get the essence of the character across.
 
Oct 11, 2014 10:48 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2007
Posts: 23708
chickenonthepan said:
CookingPriest said:

I understand perfectly now on WHY they did the OP the way they did:


I agree. Still, it will gives people false hope. Ufo is so good with this.

And as you mentioned, FZ Op is a really good example.


Yeah



mirakura said:
Re-watching for live reaction~

All in all, without ALL the monologues, Shirou wasn't half bad. Don't see why you're complaining :3


I did acknowledge that they did manage to portray his MOTIVATION decently. Its the badassery part that was under-scored(in lancer encounter), even though they did manage to show the epic split second dodge he did.
 
Oct 11, 2014 10:48 AM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2011
Posts: 849
lol so much saber pandering in the OP and ED
 
Oct 11, 2014 10:48 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2014
Posts: 292
mirakura said:
Gae Bolg :DDD



Holy mother of... I missed it. Torrent? someone?
There weren't too much ways to make it look awesome, the comparisons with Fragarach
 
Oct 11, 2014 10:51 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2007
Posts: 23708
KeyToCourage said:
the comparisons with Fragarach


As someone who loved FHA to death, that'


Also a lot of very clear nods to prisma illya adaptation in the OP(ex: Both Illya Op1 and FSN:UBW OP1 start with the traffic light going green and the heroine crossing the street)

Raziel1991 said:
lol so much saber pandering in the OP and ED


 
Oct 11, 2014 10:52 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2014
Posts: 8962
Also, I'm loling in my seat at how perfect everyone else's UFO!Sideface is compared to Rin's XDD

Still...Issei's voice is fucked up...
The sun is a deadly laser
 
Oct 11, 2014 10:53 AM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2009
Posts: 17239

Wait..Shirou's seat isnt at the end by the window? Motherfucking mindfuck!!

@Fai
Not watched yet but did they show him training/exercising?That would be enough.They dont need to make him look awesome/badass in the very first fight.Just to show that he isnt the #1212412421 untrained nobody who suddenly can do stuff.
Modified by ssjokg, Oct 11, 2014 2:32 PM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
 
Oct 11, 2014 10:55 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2007
Posts: 23708
FakePriest said:

Not watched yet but did they show him training/exercising?That would be enough.They dont need to make him look awesome/badass in the very first fight.Just to show that he isnt the #1212412421 untrained nobody who suddenly can do stuff.


Some of that.
ALso training with Kerry.
Also casually dodging Ayako's attack near the gym, even the blindside one that should have surprised him
They also kept the split second dodge at the start of lancer encounter where Shirou rolls out o fthe way seconds before lancer lands the spear.

The problem is that they did not show how his mind works in that moment.
 
Oct 11, 2014 10:55 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2014
Posts: 292
CookingPriest said:
KeyToCourage said:
the comparisons with Fragarach


As someone who loved FHA to death, that'


Also a lot of very clear nods to prisma illya adaptation in the OP(ex: Both Illya Op1 and FSN:UBW OP1 start with the traffic light going green and the heroine crossing the street)


Really? Well it's okay.

CookingPriest said:
Raziel1991 said:
lol so much saber pandering in the OP and ED




Or maybe they are doing Good Ending.
 
Oct 11, 2014 10:56 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2014
Posts: 8962
CookingPriest said:
KeyToCourage said:
the comparisons with Fragarach


As someone who loved FHA to death, that'


Also a lot of very clear nods to prisma illya adaptation in the OP(ex: Both Illya Op1 and FSN:UBW OP1 start with the traffic light going green and the heroine crossing the street)

Raziel1991 said:
lol so much saber pandering in the OP and ED




Nah, it's Takeuchi giving us our compensation.
The sun is a deadly laser
 
Oct 11, 2014 10:56 AM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 1362
Good episode, not sure why people are complaining .
 
Oct 11, 2014 10:56 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2014
Posts: 4634
KeyToCourage said:

Or maybe they are doing Good Ending.


Are you kidding me? =.=
 
Oct 11, 2014 10:57 AM
Offline
Joined: Jul 2011
Posts: 245
Rin's classmates and Shiro's first meeting, definitely best part of the episode.
Really Rin's classmates are no different than Iliya's classmates.

And Kiritsugu.
 
Oct 11, 2014 10:58 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2014
Posts: 292
chickenonthepan said:
KeyToCourage said:

Or maybe they are doing Good Ending.


Are you kidding me? =.=


Yes I am. I prefer the other version, just Ufo trolling

Females would have their fanservice
 
Oct 11, 2014 10:59 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2007
Posts: 23708
rladls717 said:
Really Rin's classmates are no different than Iliya's classmates.


Yeah that too

They actually expanded their role to highlight that for those who have not read FHA. There are some very clear parallels between the events of both shows/worlds.
 
Oct 11, 2014 10:59 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2011
Posts: 166
KeyToCourage said:
Or maybe they are doing Good Ending.

^
That I will call trolling.
 
Oct 11, 2014 11:00 AM
something here

Offline
Joined: Aug 2014
Posts: 10802
rladls717 said:
Rin's classmates and Shiro's first meeting, definitely best part of the episode.
Really Rin's classmates are no different than Iliya's classmates.

And Kiritsugu.

For a moment I read this as "Rins classmates are no different than Ilyas classmates and Kiritsugu."
It was a wtf did I read moment.
 
Oct 11, 2014 11:00 AM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2013
Posts: 21769
KeyToCourage said:
Or maybe they are doing Good Ending.
Please no.
That will be really annoying :(
 
Oct 11, 2014 11:02 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2007
Posts: 23708
InsertPriestHere said:
rladls717 said:
Rin's classmates and Shiro's first meeting, definitely best part of the episode.
Really Rin's classmates are no different than Iliya's classmates.

And Kiritsugu.

For a moment I read this as "Rins classmates are no different than Ilyas classmates and Kiritsugu."
It was a wtf did I read moment.

Modified by Tyrel, Oct 11, 2014 11:38 AM
 
Oct 11, 2014 11:02 AM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2009
Posts: 17239
CookingPriest said:
FakePriest said:

Not watched yet but did they show him training/exercising?That would be enough.They dont need to make him look awesome/badass in the very first fight.Just to show that he isnt the #1212412421 untrained nobody who suddenly can do stuff.


Some of that.
ALso training with Kerry.
Also casually dodging Ayako's attack near the gym, even the blindside one that should have surprised him
They also kept the split second dodge at the start of lancer encounter where Shirou rolls out o fthe way seconds before lancer lands the spear.

The problem is that they did not show how his mind works in that moment.
Then I wouldnt worry.

I mean we have so much more to see, including
so how he thinks in order to do stuff be it magecraft or not isn't something to worry about just from this.

I think your problem is more of what secondaries will think and I think you already know that even if that scene was like in the VN, some people wouldnt just not care at all.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
 
Oct 11, 2014 11:05 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2014
Posts: 292
Makinoji and Yukicchi are better than Ilya's classmates, I didn't like Himuro too much. Wait what are you talking about them? They are in the episode? yes!
 
Oct 11, 2014 11:08 AM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2013
Posts: 422
This forum thread right now:

via imgflip meme generator


From a perspective of someone who hasn't played the VN, I thought this episode could have achieved much more. Even if it was dedicated mostly to Shirou, I feel like I haven't learned all that much about him (besides what I've already known from the last episode of Fate/Zero 2). The comic relief moments were fine but not particularly helpful or necessary. I guess I'll have to wait and read some of the other comments to see if this kind of development for Shirou was the right step.

OP and ED are nothing out of the ordinary... just sound like remakes of what both artists have made in the past.
 
Oct 11, 2014 11:09 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2014
Posts: 8962
KeyToCourage said:
chickenonthepan said:


Are you kidding me? =.=


Yes I am. I prefer the other version, just Ufo trolling

Females would have their fanservice


Gif, getchu
XuX
The sun is a deadly laser
 
Oct 11, 2014 11:09 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2007
Posts: 23708
KeyToCourage said:
Makinoji and Yukicchi are better than Ilya's classmates, I didn't like Himuro too much. Wait what are you talking about them? They are in the episode? yes!


Expanded hijinks.



pakoko said:

From a perspective of someone who hasn't played the VN, I thought this episode could have achieved much more. Even if it was dedicated mostly to Shirou, I feel like I haven't learned all that much about him (besides what I've already known from the last episode of Fate/Zero 2). The comic relief moments were fine but not particularly helpful or necessary. I guess I'll have to wait and read some of the other comments to see if this kind of development for Shirou was the right step..


That's the thing.

You are not supposed to know ANYTHING from Zero.

Mod Edit: No discussing the VN past this episode. Please do it in a different thread
Modified by Tyrel, Oct 11, 2014 11:36 AM
 
Oct 11, 2014 11:11 AM

Online
Joined: Nov 2011
Posts: 113521
 
Oct 11, 2014 11:15 AM
something here

Offline
Joined: Aug 2014
Posts: 10802
Is it just me or does Saber look kinda weird when blocking Gay Bulge Gae Bolg?

Mod Edit: No discussing the VN past this episode. Please do it in a different thread
Modified by Tyrel, Oct 11, 2014 11:32 AM
 
Oct 11, 2014 11:19 AM

Online
Joined: Nov 2011
Posts: 113521
Pfft CR trolling us with their late delay. In the meantime, Saber has a nice outfit this ep

 
Oct 11, 2014 11:19 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2014
Posts: 292
CookingPriest said:
Expanded hijinks.

Maki is the best haha, I hope HS would make the subs soon

CookingPriest said:
That's the thing.

You are not supposed to know ANYTHING from Zero.

After the blond surprise in the opening I'm not very sure of this anymore

Stark700 said:
Pfft CR trolling us with their late delay. In the meantime, Saber has a nice outfit this ep



CuteTooMuch.MustBringBlackSuitBack
Modified by KeyToCourage, Oct 11, 2014 11:22 AM
 
Oct 11, 2014 11:21 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2007
Posts: 23708
KeyToCourage said:
CookingPriest said:
Expanded hijinks.

Maki is the best haha, I hope HS would make the subs soon

CookingPriest said:
That's the thing.

You are not supposed to know ANYTHING from Zero.

After the blond surprise in the opening I'm not very sure of this anymore


That has more to do with the japanese mentality.

Openings usually spoil things to come(you are expected to know the source material for adaptations). At least in this case Ufo was a bunch of trolls otherwise.
 
Oct 11, 2014 11:25 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2007
Posts: 23708
SpaceHamster said:

I dont think the scene with kiritsugu was needed there (considering it doesnt happen in the VN) and it should have been left better unexplained because


Actually it does happen.



Upon a rewatch I see that quite a bit of his monologue was implied silentlyas an example his mannerism when he encounters Shinji at top of stairs, pretty much going to "how should I react to this?"
 
Oct 11, 2014 11:27 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2014
Posts: 8962
KeyToCourage said:
CookingPriest said:
Expanded hijinks.

Maki is the best haha, I hope HS would make the subs soon

CookingPriest said:
That's the thing.

You are not supposed to know ANYTHING from Zero.

After the blond surprise in the opening I'm not very sure of this anymore

Stark700 said:
Pfft CR trolling us with their late delay. In the meantime, Saber has a nice outfit this ep



CuteTooMuch.MustBringBlackSuitBack


heh :DDDD

Since no-one's mentioned it yet:

OMG, OMG, OMG, HOLY OMG, DAT
REFERENCE!!

Dammit UFO, wins #1 in trolling Olympics :3
Modified by Tyrel, Oct 11, 2014 11:30 AM
The sun is a deadly laser
 
Oct 11, 2014 11:31 AM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2014
Posts: 5608
I'm chilling to this right now.

 
Oct 11, 2014 11:31 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2007
Posts: 23708
SpaceHamster said:
CookingPriest said:


Actually it does happen.



Welp, that shows my poor knowledge of a VN I haven't read in years than.

though considering I don't remember it much, it must have been a really short scene (by short I mean compared to how long the visual novel was overall).


It last same amount of time it id in the ep. It just does not have a CG for itself in the VN
 
Oct 11, 2014 11:33 AM
something here

Offline
Joined: Aug 2014
Posts: 10802
damastah said:
I'm chilling to this right now.


Haha, saw that in the recommended section, that was....uh....funny. XD
CookingPriest said:

It last same amount of time it id in the ep. It just does not have a CG for itself in the VN

This was around the same time he thought about how they used to "train" there and it was just Kerry beating him up, if memory serves.
 
Oct 11, 2014 11:34 AM
Kanade♥

Offline
Joined: Sep 2011
Posts: 9794
Stop with the VN Spoilers

Do not discuss the VN past this episode or any of its future events. These comments will be removed on sight. No ifs or buts.
 
Oct 11, 2014 11:35 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2014
Posts: 292


Awww~
 
Top
Pages (25) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »