Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Poll: Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) Episode 1 Discussion

Oct 11, 2014 6:36 PM

Wow another 40+ episode! Another episode though didn't get to see enough but whateves. OP was good but I like the ending a little more.

Is the next episode 40+ too?

Oct 11, 2014 6:37 PM

konatachan80 said:
Just wondering.. Isn't this more or less a rerun of FSN? (I'm asking, not baiting)
I mean, it's the same MC (with the same VA), the scenes seems (mostly) like copies of the old
one, possibly with a little better art.

I was hoping they at least ditch that MC (at least if he still behaves like in FSN), because that gets
annoying pretty fast.

All 3 scenarios of FSN have the same first 3 days. But you have already seen one major difference with FSn2006 and clearly way MORE exposition that the 2006 version.
Read more at http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1287031&show=340#jLjzLzAIr7zhiLOp.99
And forget the old versions.

Oct 11, 2014 6:39 PM

PriestJabon said:

LoomyTheBrew said:
It's not just simple criticism, it's totally throwing characters like Shirou and situations under the bus before even giving it some time to explain itself more. So if he's going to falsely accuse characters like Shirou, I'm going to use my knowledge of the VN to defend him. I would love to spoil everything for him and write a very long essay about it, but this is an episode 1 discussion thread so all I can say basically without spoiling too much is, "wait and see."

Also you do realize that he was criticizing scenes that made perfect sense like "Why Lancer didn't behead Rin" and "Saber going to take the enemy with leaving wounded Shirou behind"? I explained why his criticism of that was wrong in those points.

If you can't take my rebuttal, then too bad, this is a discussion thread after all. I'm not letting stuff like that slide. You can criticize, I can defend. That's just how it is.

Don't waste your effort. I imagine they're not joking when they say they stop reading.

Ya, that would probably be a good idea. I made my point anyways, so there's not much of a reason of going any further forward.

Also looking over Rinth post again, I noticed something that I don't think happened in the set to Heaven's Feel.... I could be wrong though...

Not enough monolgues from shirou

Looks amazing as expected, saber's appearance and Gae Bolg was orgasmic.
4/5

I'm personally happy I never watched the movie in '06, only the TV series.

This is extremely, extremely addicting. The fight scenes, even if I know what's going to happen always really bring me in with the solid OST, sound effects, and animation. This is like candy to me.
Nop.

Oct 11, 2014 6:40 PM

KeyToCourage said:
chickenonthepan said:
I don't like her voice... =.=

I feel the opposite, I like her voice a lot.

I like Sakura's voice a lot better here than I do in the VN. She just sounds different to me, not as high pitched I guess?
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia

Oct 11, 2014 6:41 PM

Such an amazing first episode to follow-up from the prologue. Fight scene and the summoning scene was done very well. Looking forward to the next episode indeed which will be an awesome scene. But the minor details being thrown into the show really ups the ante in quality for the show so far.

Oct 11, 2014 6:42 PM

LoomyTheBrew said:
Also looking over Rinth post again, I noticed something that I don't think happened in the set to Heaven's Feel.... I could be wrong though...

I just checked and

Oct 11, 2014 6:42 PM

insan3priest said:
KeyToCourage said:

I like Sakura's voice a lot better here than I do in the VN. She just sounds different to me, not as high pitched I guess?

Do you really want to compare voice acting with a difference of 8 whole years?

As long as it isnt Inoue Orihime or Bossun's sister I have no problem.

Oct 11, 2014 6:47 PM
FakePriest said:
konatachan80 said:
Just wondering.. Isn't this more or less a rerun of FSN? (I'm asking, not baiting)
I mean, it's the same MC (with the same VA), the scenes seems (mostly) like copies of the old
one, possibly with a little better art.

I was hoping they at least ditch that MC (at least if he still behaves like in FSN), because that gets
annoying pretty fast.

All 3 scenarios of FSN have the same first 3 days. But you have already seen one major difference with FSn2006 and clearly way MORE exposition that the 2006 version.
Read more at http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1287031&show=340#jLjzLzAIr7zhiLOp.99
And forget the old versions.

Thanks. :)
I wasn't sure if it was worth picking it up because they were really similar (I've seen FSN and FZ),
although the prologue was nice anyway. I guess I'll be giving this one a chance then.
Have faith in the Lord Fifth, gain eternal life! When the Lord Fifth appears, who dares to cause strife!
-- Lord fifth

Oct 11, 2014 6:47 PM

5/10 series so far.

Oct 11, 2014 6:49 PM

Ockap1812 said:
5/10 series so far.

6/10 for me
Sword in hand, a warrior clutches stone to breast. In sword etched he his fading memories In stone, his tempered skill By sword attested, by stone revealed. Their tale can now be told

Oct 11, 2014 6:49 PM

insan3priest said:
KeyToCourage said:

I kind of have the same feeling. It sounds way better here, but then again the VA is probably much more experienced now then she was then. She's probably a pro at using Sakura's voice now

Grey-Zone said:
LoomyTheBrew said:

I just checked and

See that's what I thought! Maybe it's different in Realtu Nua?

Oct 11, 2014 6:50 PM

Tommk said:
Ockap1812 said:
5/10 series so far.

6/10 for me

7 here

Oct 11, 2014 6:51 PM

Grey-Zone said:
LoomyTheBrew said:

I just checked and

Strange... where am I remembering this then. o.O

Oct 11, 2014 6:53 PM

LoomyTheBrew said:
See that's what I thought! Maybe it's different in Realtu Nua?

No, I have both original as well as Realta Nua.

Oct 11, 2014 6:53 PM

Rinth said:
Grey-Zone said:

I just checked and

Strange... where am I remembering this then. o.O

You're trying to trick us!!!!! ;)

Anyways, I don't know. Maybe you imagined it that way because it would have been more badass? To tell you the truth, I kind of wish the way you described it actually happened than the original way lol!

Oct 11, 2014 6:54 PM
Praland said:
Tommk said:

6/10 for me

7 here
9/10 for me.

8 isn't enough to convey my fanboy-ism...
I'M GONE NOW

Oct 11, 2014 6:54 PM

Animation felt inconsistent at times... I don't like the new Sakura and Fujiwara character designs.

Shirou being an idiotic idealist just like the good o'l days.
Ahh I will probobaly face-desk many times watching Shirou and his retarded ideology, I found it hard to get through FS:N Fate route anime because of him. When playing the VN he made me ragequit many times..... because I just couldn't stand his logic, or lack of thereof.

Other than those things, pretty fateful to the VN but I'd hoped that they'd cut out some of those slice of life scenes.... in any case, the huge budget really showed throughout the episode. The visuals are stunning.
I am a human.

Oct 11, 2014 6:55 PM

FakePriest said:
insan3priest said:

Yes, especially if I find it sounds better. Why would I not?
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia

Oct 11, 2014 6:55 PM

That was as good as I was hoping it to be pretty much. It, once again, mostly felt like the visual novel. Awesome. That's what I want from this adaptation, and it's delivering so far. Some people here are saying that the slice of life moments are boring, but... well, I don't think so. Not one bit. It's actually really nice to see them animated for once. Energetic Taiga is awesome. :P And even though it's not the HF route, I can appreciate the Sakura scenes here as well. From what I've seen, a lot of people on this forum don't think much of her, or downright dislike her/think she's annoying. Buuuut I don't.

Don't need to say anything about the animation. It's obvious.

Gae Bolg... well, it was gorgeous looking and intense alright. Not much more needs to be said.
YouTube (Umineko Chiru spoilers!) - VNDB - Steam

Oct 11, 2014 6:58 PM

insan3priest said:
FakePriest said:

Yes, especially if I find it sounds better. Why would I not?
Well we still compare Deen with ufo so...this is new at least...

Oct 11, 2014 6:59 PM

Well It was another vision of the episode zero, but I really apreciate it.

It's look like shirou isn't the shit that He was in fate stay night.
Modified by neecrow, Oct 11, 2014 7:02 PM

Oct 11, 2014 7:01 PM
That Gae Bolg scene is probably one of the best animated scenes of all time... and that fight was downright amazing to watch.

Oct 11, 2014 7:06 PM

Sakura is really terrible, shallow and bearing of an annoying voice.
I hope she appears less in future episodes.
Rin is OK and her voice is very pleasant.
Shirou turned out to be better than what he looks like, but still mediocre.
6/10 so far, I wonder who is Lancer's master.

Oct 11, 2014 7:09 PM

Eearu said:
Sakura is really terrible, shallow and bearing of an annoying voice.
I hope she appears less in future episodes.
Rin is OK and her voice is very pleasant.
Shirou turned out to be better than what he looks like, but still mediocre.
6/10 so far, I wonder who is Lancer's master.

Well, you don't even know Sakura.

However, she herself has told Shirou that "she won't be able to help out from now on for awhile".

Oct 11, 2014 7:10 PM

It's great that the original F/SN had such shitty graphics that I abstained from watching it, so now I can enjoy the story without any sort of spoilers. Thank you Ufotable for giving us two 50-minute episodes in a row. Even though they were the same events just from a different PoV, this was still enjoyable.

Oct 11, 2014 7:12 PM
I thought only the prologue, like Fate/Zero, was going to be 2 episodes long, this is amazing, 12 ep 47 minute episodes->24 ep 23 minute episodes =D.

Oct 11, 2014 7:15 PM

Amazing. If they keep using this level of animation I can see this ranking very very high ...

Oct 11, 2014 7:16 PM

DO MORE THAN SMILE BITCHES
DONATE OR BUY SHIT FROM UFOTABLE OR TYPE-MOON
GET ON THAT SHIT AND SUPPORT THEM
SHOW THEM THAT WESTERN NIGGAS CARE.
A guide to living with that one guys ugly signature on MAL.

1. See that SullyNathan has posted last in thread, abort thread.
2. After clicking quick reply, close eyes and type out reply.
3. Try to scroll as far down as possible before replying if you prefer to keep your eyes open.
4. Report said signature for being offensive to the eyes.
5. See he is active in thread, scroll through thread while trying not to have eyes burned, sigh, click back & lose interest.
6. Move to another part of MAL forums where he does not visit.
MAL Jesus where are you?

Oct 11, 2014 7:18 PM

RagesEntity said:

How you know if someone here smiled during the episode?

Oct 11, 2014 7:18 PM

SwiftKilla said:
I thought only the prologue, like Fate/Zero, was going to be 2 episodes long, this is amazing, 12 ep 47 minute episodes->24 ep 23 minute episodes =D.

Just the prologue and this episode is like that unfortunately.

- Geralt of Rivia

Oct 11, 2014 7:20 PM

Praland said:
RagesEntity said:

How you know if someone here smiled during the episode?

I see smileys in the forum posts
=]
A guide to living with that one guys ugly signature on MAL.

1. See that SullyNathan has posted last in thread, abort thread.
2. After clicking quick reply, close eyes and type out reply.
3. Try to scroll as far down as possible before replying if you prefer to keep your eyes open.
4. Report said signature for being offensive to the eyes.
5. See he is active in thread, scroll through thread while trying not to have eyes burned, sigh, click back & lose interest.
6. Move to another part of MAL forums where he does not visit.
MAL Jesus where are you?

Oct 11, 2014 7:26 PM

short_review said:
Amazing. If they keep using this level of animation I can see this ranking very very high ...

Yes they will.

Btw, poor Lancer. He just got owned before he uses Gay Bulg. But it has a reason, ofc.

Oct 11, 2014 7:31 PM

Well that was disappointing.

Oct 11, 2014 7:37 PM

You know, I can kind of see why the VN readers kept telling others to not watch Fate/Zero before this. Because while the scenes with Kiritsugu were heartwarming, I don't think we were supposed to know all the backstory there. Makes for more of a mystery in a way.

Which makes me confused as to why ufotable released Fate/Zero before releasing this. Why didn't they just leave Fate/Zero for last? Feels like it's all out of order.

All that aside, really good episode. Animation is incredible as always, and it was cool to see Shirou's side of the story here.

Also, I think I had Archer's identity spoiled for me, concerning

Fuck comments on the internet. :(

Oct 11, 2014 7:39 PM
damn the action delivers, its like movie quality already well done ufotable

Oct 11, 2014 7:40 PM

Mormegil said:

Which makes me confused as to why ufotable released Fate/Zero before releasing this. Why didn't they just leave Fate/Zero for last? Feels like it's all out of order.

Because they were testing the waters.And the UBW movie was barely 1 year old when the took on the project.
Mormegil said:

Also, I think I had Archer's identity spoiled for me, concerning

Fuck comments on the internet. :(

Well it is good that somebody noticed.

Oct 11, 2014 7:45 PM

I had my hopes we will be following Rin this time because of the 00 episode but now it seems like it's that same story the first fate stay night made but with more detail.
Oh, well i guess that can be made better. Lets hope everything is explained well and correct.

I guess every fate episode discussion will be at least 20-30 pages just thanks to two guys huh.
Modified by Monad, Oct 11, 2014 7:51 PM

Oct 11, 2014 7:47 PM

I love it so far! Glad we had more Saber in this episode, she's probably my fave <3 This was a nice episode because it gave us the other point of view. Looking forward to more!

AOTY easily~

Monad said:
I guess every fate episode discussion will be like 20-30 pages just thanks to two guys huh.

Look at Aldnoah Zero episode 12 discussion. This is nothing.

Oct 11, 2014 7:50 PM
oh my god at the end of the OP, SABER held out her hand for shirou!!!!!!!!!

Oct 11, 2014 7:53 PM

That was fun! But I was wanting to see Saber during the whole thing, so there were some moments (like Shirou talking to the girls outside the dojo) where I was a little bored.

I didn't hate Shirou, btw! People say so many bad things about him and I couldn't help but to like the guy. A bit naive, agreed, but a good person that *just* wants to save everyone.

Sakura is soooooo annoying! I don't know what I'll do if I hear one more "senpai" out of her mouth.

Some boring moments and Sakura aside, that was pretty fun! Awesome animation, awesome battles, awesome saber. 4/5 for me.

Oct 11, 2014 7:53 PM
insan3priest said:
SwiftKilla said:

Just the prologue and this episode is like that unfortunately.

No way bro, does it say anywhere and shet?

Oct 11, 2014 7:55 PM

A bit slow to start, but that was a good episode. The production values were great.

Oct 11, 2014 7:57 PM

Shirou-Lancer fight lacked few very important scenes(like him predicting where lancer would attack after jumping and stuff) other than that it was pretty good...I especially liked this Illya more than FSN VN and anime...

OP made me realize what the word "goosebumps" really means...

Oct 11, 2014 8:07 PM

Hahaha look at this:

ufotable's version of Gae Bolg
http://a.pomf.se/rbfthw.webm

and then....

Deen's version of Gae Bolg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hp8LazV_Pqo

Oct 11, 2014 8:10 PM
Amazing episode. The art quality and fights, top notch! As someone who's new to the F/S night world, I'm very impressed by what I'm seeing so far. Aside from Shinji who looks to be a pain in the ass (though unique when you consider all the characters so far), I love all the characters and can't wait to see more about the Holy Grail War and just about everyone! :D

Oct 11, 2014 8:12 PM

SlothPriest said:
Praland said:

7 here
9/10 for me.

8 isn't enough to convey my fanboy-ism...

Dammit man, you had one job. ONE JOB.

We're through.

Pages (25) « First ... « 6 7 [8] 9 10 » ... Last »