Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (26) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Oct 11, 2014 1:09 PM
Oct 2010
Kaioshin_Sama said:

Now the question remains how many episodes have they burned off the season already since we've had the equivalent of what should have been 4 already. I don't know if this counts as two or if the last one really counts at all or if there's going to be 11 more after this or as few as 8.

That's actually an interesting question. Personally I hope they stick with the 48min format and give us the entire show in half the time. Since I know what's going to happen I'm just really just in it for the fights, so the faster they get to them the better.
Oct 11, 2014 1:10 PM

Oct 2012
FatefulLove said:
Saber dodging Lancer's noble phantasm!

OceAnhOct 11, 2014 1:14 PM
Oct 11, 2014 1:12 PM

Jul 2007
OceAnh said:
FatefulLove said:
Saber dodging Lancer's noble phantasm!

I think it is just because of Saber's high luck stat rather than her dodging gay bulge which always pierces the heart. And maybe Lancer's E-Rank luck :D

Oct 11, 2014 1:12 PM

Aug 2009

My kokoro can't handle.

Oct 11, 2014 1:15 PM
Jul 2014
CookingPriest said:
The image/proof of DEEN's anime being non-canon was requested, could you give it to me please? I'm replying in this thread because you're most likely paying more attention here than anywhere else on MAL.
I'M GONE NOW
Oct 11, 2014 1:16 PM

Sep 2014
Shiyu said:

My kokoro can't handle.

Can't handle what?
The sun is a deadly laser
Oct 11, 2014 1:17 PM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
This was just as good as episode 0, if not better. Shirou's daily life may have been boring from the start but it sure got interesting towards the end!

Some nice flashback of his childhood with Kiritsugu. Shirou learned a great deal of what a Hero of Justice actually is. Such nice words of wisdom!

I think Shirou probably just wanted to catch a quick glimpse of Archer vs. Lancer's epic battle. Poor guy had to pay the price in full. Very unfortunate..

Saber's intro was too epic! I love how she refused to give away what her Noble Phantasm is by trying to confuse Lancer. XD
Battle segment's epicness went beyond my expectation! Absolute Très Bien! >.<
> "So, you dodged my undodgeable blow, Saber." XD

Great episode! Little glimpses of Illya and Gilgamesh was some nice teasers for upcoming awesomeness. (^^)

Oct 11, 2014 1:19 PM

Jul 2007
SlothPriest said:
CookingPriest said:
The image/proof of DEEN's anime being non-canon was requested, could you give it to me please? I'm replying in this thread because you're most likely paying more attention here than anywhere else on MAL.

If not to go into the fact that TM never ever referenced it(even the type moon fes op video only had game animation) or the way it contradicts the canon, here's 10Th Anni of fate timeline from official type moon mag.
Oct 11, 2014 1:20 PM

Nov 2013
SlothPriest said:
CookingPriest said:

http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1234295&show=1860#msg34843309
Oct 11, 2014 1:20 PM

Sep 2014
It was pretty solid. I gave it a 4/5 because the pacing isn't the best, but that's an inherent aspect of the beginning of the story. You could just say it's a 4/5 compared to better ufotable-quality episodes. The prologue was awesome and the series is bound to get more and more interesting at this point.

Lancer's noble phantasm was very cool, but it could have been a little clearer imo. I loved the way Saber aggressively pushed him back though. And I get the feeling Ufotable's Shirou is going to deliver. I'm really looking forward to the next episode!
Oct 11, 2014 1:21 PM

May 2013
Even if this is Ufotable's adaptation, I clearly see it has a much more lighter tone than Fate Zero, dat epic fight between Lancer and Saber was epic as expected, but having showed us the bro-sis conflict between Sakura and Shiki, I wonder if we'll see their story well fullfiled, even if this isn't Heaven's Feel.
May 2014
Why are the OP and ED so teasing with Saber? UBW Good End? Ufo plz don't get my hopes high if you are gonna deliver True End.

Nov 2012
nothing special, no difference with fate stay night anime
IF YOU LIKE DEATH PARADE, GO WATCH BARTENDER!!!
my animesongs chord thread : here bro
Oct 11, 2014 1:22 PM

Oct 2012
CookingPriest said:

Ah you're right. Also what's up with the priest influx lately?
Oct 11, 2014 1:23 PM
Jul 2014
CookingPriest said:
SlothPriest said:

If not to go into the fact that TM never ever referenced it(even the type moon fes op video only had game animation) or the way it contradicts the canon, here's 10Th Anni of fate timeline from official type moon mag.

BotatoPriest said:
SlothPriest said:

http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1234295&show=1860#msg34843309
Thanks.
I'M GONE NOW
Oct 11, 2014 1:25 PM

Mar 2011
tuvarkz said:
Why are the OP and ED so teasing with Saber? UBW Good End? Ufo plz don't get my hopes high if you are gonna deliver True End.

Its probably just put those scenes for the OP and ED in order to not spoil things. In Fate/Zeros OP there were also scenes that actually never happened in the anime.
Raziel1991Oct 11, 2014 1:28 PM
Oct 11, 2014 1:28 PM

Jul 2007
Raziel1991 said:
tuvarkz said:

Its probably just bullshit they put for the OP and ED in order to not spoil things. In Fate/Zeros OP there were also scenes that actually never happened in the anime.

Oct 11, 2014 1:29 PM

Sep 2014
Some awesome stuff

Jack being Jack:
mira-pyonOct 11, 2014 1:32 PM
Oct 11, 2014 1:30 PM

Sep 2014
Veltiel said:
Even if this is Ufotable's adaptation, I clearly see it has a much more lighter tone than Fate Zero, dat epic fight between Lancer and Saber was epic as expected, but having showed us the bro-sis conflict between Sakura and Shiki, I wonder if we'll see their story well fullfiled, even if this isn't Heaven's Feel.

I think the tone of UBW is bound to be lighter at the beginning because the war hasn't even begun yet. And Sakura's brother is actually called Shinji. I'm pretty confident they're going to stick to what you should know in UBW and leave HF for the movie.
Oct 11, 2014 1:31 PM

Aug 2010
F*** It! Watched the Raws <_< And surprisingly understood 90% of it XD

I'm sad that Shiro's monologue is being cut down quite a bit D: But it still wasn't bad at all. Most of the scenes were conveyed right and Shiro's character and how mindfucked he feels can be understood from how this went on.

Saber vs Lancer was Glorious as usual from ufotable *A*

And OP was really cool. ED was pretty nice too, visually.

Well good stuff, but they can still improve on it. Let's hope for the best :3
Oct 11, 2014 1:34 PM
Sep 2012
tuvarkz said:
I'm actually hoping that they'll implement Continuation of the Dream in the last episode, no UBW Good pls Ufo.
Oct 11, 2014 1:36 PM
Jul 2014
mirakura said:
Some awesome stuff

Jack being Jack:
>Awesome stuff
>Saber
Pick one
I'M GONE NOW
Oct 11, 2014 1:37 PM

Jul 2007
FlameseeK said:
Veltiel said:

I think the tone of UBW is bound to be lighter at the beginning because the war hasn't even begun yet. And Sakura's brother is actually called Shinji. I'm pretty confident they're going to stick to what you should know in UBW and leave HF for the movie.

They outright stated they are adapting JUST UBW. Whatever new scenes will be there, will be to complement UBW and not something from other two routes.

JunePriest said:
tuvarkz said:
I'm actually hoping that they'll implement Continuation of the Dream in the last episode, no UBW Good pls Ufo.

Good troll attempt~
Oct 11, 2014 1:38 PM

Sep 2014
JunePriest said:
tuvarkz said:

That'll be a pretty good lead on from Zero, concerning Saber at least.

SlothPriest said:
mirakura said:
Some awesome stuff

Jack being Jack:
>Awesome stuff
>Saber
Pick one

Well....Saber = Awesome, so..ya know...
Oct 11, 2014 1:38 PM

Nov 2013
SlothPriest said:
mirakura said:
Some awesome stuff

Jack being Jack:
>Awesome stuff
>Saber
Pick one
> Talking to Saber fanboy.
> Expecting something other than calling Saber awesome.

Good luck.
Oct 11, 2014 1:39 PM

Sep 2014
CookingPriest said:

Not seeing a

Would you say that if you didnt know what will happening? Their part at the ED doesnt help.

Internet on the phone sucks.
Oct 11, 2014 1:40 PM

May 2013
Great episode. Love that mini battle between Saber and Lancer.
Oct 11, 2014 1:41 PM

Aug 2010
I bet any new viewer to the franchise has no idea what Shiro is doing when he was fixing the oven and when he failed at night with his trace on...etc

That's my only complaint. If they just kept some of Shiro's monologue there to give a glimpse of his daily training that would've been good but they just had to show more of SOB Shinji and his Sakura's problems <_<
Oct 11, 2014 1:44 PM
Jul 2014
BotatoPriest said:
SlothPriest said:
>Awesome stuff
>Saber
Pick one

Good luck.
I was joking, which is why I put a strike through what I said. I actually expected a better retaliation, but I got just what you said :P
I'M GONE NOW
Oct 11, 2014 1:46 PM

Oct 2012
mirakura said:
JunePriest said:

Really? We're going to miss lots of development concerning Saber and ending it with Continuation of the Dream wouldn't make any sense.

Nov 2013
Barion-Zara said:
I bet any new viewer to the franchise has no idea what Shiro is doing when he was fixing the oven and when he failed at night with his trace on...etc

That's my only complaint. If they just kept some of Shiro's monologue there to give a glimpse of his daily training that would've been good but they just had to show more of SOB Shinji and his Sakura's problems <_<
They might be leaving them for later on. I'm not sure if doing all the info dumps at once halfway through is a good idea though.

Aug 2010
Don't see why some are complaining about little screen for Rin in the OP. She had the last scene which is the most important :P
Oct 11, 2014 1:47 PM

Sep 2014
SlothPriest said:
BotatoPriest said:

Good luck.
I was joking, which is why I put a strike through what I said. I actually expected a better retaliation, but I got just what you said :P

The hype has killed many...

OceAnh said:
mirakura said:

Really? We're going to miss lots of development concerning Saber and ending it with Continuation of the Dream wouldn't make any sense.

>Ufo original scenes
>Will be more development for most.
TyrelOct 11, 2014 2:03 PM
Oct 11, 2014 1:50 PM

Nov 2012
i like 2006 version better because at least its not wasting my time with 47 minutes long episode
IF YOU LIKE DEATH PARADE, GO WATCH BARTENDER!!!
my animesongs chord thread : here bro
Oct 11, 2014 1:53 PM

Jul 2007
Barion-Zara said:

I am thinking they are doing it as a mystery.
. These two episodes are supposed to hook us and make us wonder what is going on - then it will dial back next week and we will slowly learn what is going on through the rest of show.

Aug 2010
ninjastarforcex said:
i like 2006 version better because at least its not wasting my time with 47 minutes long episode

We get it u can go now <_<

Feb 2013
The following week's episodes will only be twenty-three minutes as far as I know. I don't mind the hour-long episodes

Aug 2010
CookingPriest said:
Barion-Zara said:

I am thinking they are doing it as a mystery.
. These two episodes are supposed to hook us and make us wonder what is going on - then it will dial back next week and we will slowly learn what is going on through the rest of show.

That's what I hope too :3

Sep 2014
Barion-Zara said:
ninjastarforcex said:

We get it u can go now <_<
Oct 11, 2014 1:58 PM

Jan 2014
Hmm, just only 10 haters until now. I was expecting more.
Oct 11, 2014 2:00 PM

Sep 2013
BotatoPriest said:
SlothPriest said:
>Awesome stuff
>Saber
Pick one

Good luck.

I'll call hypocrisy on this one. Like Tohsaka fans would say any different.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 11, 2014 2:01 PM

Aug 2013
Oh shit, a second 45 minutes episode? What can I ask more?

Well, now the real story start, from Shirou POV. We had the ''senpai! senpai!'' that some people hate so much (personally, I find them cute :P ). We saw Shirou dying and being revived by the one true best girl.

Just look at that face, she just has been threatened to death by a super powerful servant and she ain't flinching.

Saber finally apppeared, and it was glorious.

I really loved how they adapted the fighting scene with Lancer. It had more intensity than in the VN (duh). I was a bit saddened though that they didn't adapted after Shirou was ''killed'' when

Dat Gáe Bolg.... It was really great. I do remember now that it launch a first attack that is used as a lure and then strike his real powerful attack. But of course, that's just usual kid play for her. She ain't giving no fuck about your powerful attack, mister.

That character should ring a bell to people who watched Fate/zero.
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Oct 11, 2014 2:01 PM

Jul 2007
chickenonthepan said:

No subs and crunchy still late.

Just give it time.

THe usual public will rush in when floodgates are open.
Oct 11, 2014 2:02 PM

Mar 2011
chickenonthepan said:

Well the subbed version is still not out right? There cant be many haters then.

Sep 2014
JunePriest said:
tuvarkz said:

That would be not adapting Fate in the future, and Fate probably make Ufo and TM gain a lot of money

Jan 2014
mickdrew_99 said:
BotatoPriest said:

Good luck.

We don't spam 10 posts without saying anything other than: Saber is awesome.
Oct 11, 2014 2:04 PM

Nov 2013
mickdrew_99 said:
BotatoPriest said:

Good luck.

> Best girl wars.
> Expecting common sense, logic, or no hypocrisy.

Not happening.
Oct 11, 2014 2:08 PM

Jun 2011
50 minutes of goodness.
Oct 11, 2014 2:10 PM

Sep 2014
chickenonthepan said:
mickdrew_99 said:

We don't spam 10 posts without saying anything other than: Saber is awesome.

Re-read my post, I actually said 'some awesome stuff'. Meaning: Saber in her 'new' out fit, Sakura looking adorakawaii, Saber vs 'that dude', Rider being glorious, Saber vs Lancer

......baka.....
KeyToCourage said:
JunePriest said:

That would be not adapting Fate in the future, and Fate probably make Ufo and TM gain a lot of money

Fix'd
Oct 11, 2014 2:14 PM

Aug 2013
Didn't like this episode at all beginning really dragged and Saber vs Lancer was pretty bad is like they tried to hard to make lancers attack look good but failed terribly, hope this episode is not a sample to whats to come.
Pages (26) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 25, 2014

1042 by Alice_Huxley »»
Feb 13, 4:23 PM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 18, 2014

856 by Alice_Huxley »»
Feb 13, 3:14 PM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 27, 2014

2751 by keynutil »»
Jan 29, 9:06 AM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 20, 2014

903 by keynutil »»
Jan 29, 5:00 AM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 13, 2014

1630 by SanessyAdversary »»
Jan 19, 12:54 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.