Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Oct 12, 2014 10:08 PM

Oct 2008
is that a Daedric Bow?...oh sorry just a black bow...

Oct 13, 2014 3:32 AM

Jul 2012
That Black Bow that Tigre is going to use looks amazing. I hope it has some hidden ability that makes it like the most OP bow in existence.

Great episode!!!
Oct 13, 2014 4:02 AM
Oct 2012
Finally, he joined Eleonora.
it's better if he snipe the head instead of the hand.
I wonder how good the black bow is.
Oct 13, 2014 9:57 AM
SetoMary Fanatic

Jun 2013
Thread Cleaned
Let's be more descriptive with our posts. Posts such as "I enjoyed the show" or "2/5 dropped" will be treated as spam and may be removed without notification. Please add more to your posts such as why you enjoyed or did not enjoy the episode.

Well... I was expecting more of a dual to let Tigre out. Oh well, an army of 3000, let's see how war maidens and the black bow handle two dragons.
I wonder why the dragons couldn't go in..
"They aren't used to the smell of towns" seems like a reason that needs a ton of explanation.

Yay for harem building, maid will lose solely because she is a childhood friend.
Oct 13, 2014 11:49 AM

Mar 2014
Tigre gets a new weapon cool. Can't wait to see it in action
Oct 13, 2014 11:55 AM
Jul 2018
b1GZZ said:
CLBGM said:
Last season was "onii-sama", now "tigre-sama".

I don't think so, if you're meaning Tatsuya then there's no comparison possible between Tigre and him, Tatsuya is, almost literally, a god compared to everyone else in the anime, he's way too strong compared to the other characters unlike Tigre, there's a lot of characters stronger than Tigre, not that he's strong though, he's more like precise, intelligent and has good agility, he isn't powerful at all.

U got me wrong. I'm saying that we are going to have another annoying "xxxx-sama" line every 5 mins, like Mahouka. I'm not comparing the characters ;)
Oct 13, 2014 12:01 PM
Oct 2011
Zelot said:
Thread Cleaned
Let's be more descriptive with our posts. Posts such as "I enjoyed the show" or "2/5 dropped" will be treated as spam and may be removed without notification. Please add more to your posts such as why you enjoyed or did not enjoy the episode.

Well... I was expecting more of a dual to let Tigre out. Oh well, an army of 3000, let's see how war maidens and the black bow handle two dragons.
"They aren't used to the smell of towns" seems like a reason that needs a ton of explanation.

Might be wrong since I dont remeber every detail from the LN but the dragons were still not accustomed to human scent yet, since they were still freshly tamed/made so they could go berserk and harm their own troops if they entered the town, they were made to standby with those who they were familiar with, especially the wyvern with Zaien. (in any case they were just there to be shown off).

As for their coordination and how they are controlled/used on battlefield that will be explained much later on in the anime(hopefully) and that might answer this question.

Also, in the first place Zaien was sent there because Thenardier did not expect any resistance, he just wanted to block off possible Zchted invasion and Ganelon, also subjugate/occupy nearby remote lands and show off his power and what better way than to send his son.

Should be noted that if he knew Tigre was there with a vanadis he might have reconsidered that idea or could have sent someone competent instead of or with Zaien(maybe steid) also more combat oriented dragon types with those "equipment" or more troops.

I also hope they properly introduce drekavac and a provide a little backstory for Thenardier that would give some depth to his character in the anime,cause they did skip some of the things like the one with ransom(advantages/disatvantages for paying the ransom) where Thenardier bashed Tigre for giving up like a coward and praised his son saying in the same situation Zaien would've fought to death(lol).
barmarOct 13, 2014 12:29 PM
Oct 13, 2014 3:27 PM
Apr 2013
Ive decided that Im watching this anime just for Nine's voice
Oct 13, 2014 3:48 PM

Aug 2013
Zelot said:
Thread Cleaned

Yay for harem building, maid will lose solely because she is a childhood friend.

Childhood friend always loses :( Not that I particularly want this one to win, but there are some animes where I have wanted the childhood friend to win.
Oct 13, 2014 6:54 PM

Jul 2014
I'm starting to hate Titta. She's just too loud and annoying.

The arrow scene was good though.
Oct 13, 2014 11:04 PM

Nov 2011
Oct 14, 2014 1:46 AM

Apr 2013
Tigre even better than Robin Hood.
I'm not sure anymore. Are the highlights of this series the war maidens or Tigre's archery skills?
And 1,000 vs 3,000...did they forgot about the almighty war maiden? Numbers are nothing as seen in episode 1. Let us see what the dragons can do.
FlamingYuOct 14, 2014 1:50 AM
Oct 14, 2014 4:35 AM

Oct 2012
"'Is that something that prisoner says. Lend me your troop?" <-- that pretty much sums up logic this anime is following.

"The enemy number is 3.000! We are 1.000. Do you think we can win?" <-- Oh, so you did agreed before even thinking about the odds? Really?

And how the heck they got with their army to the city unnoticed (prior to the fight) when enemy was already holding siege of it? Eh?

Ugh, this won't get any better. I am dropping this before I got some unrepairable brain damage by watching this. Nothing that stupid dialogues and bad fanservice here.
Oct 14, 2014 4:35 AM

Oct 2013
Stark700 said:
Episode 3 PV:

Looks like they'll be ending the volume 1 in next episode. :o

The episode was decent except the uncalled rape-for-drama scene. Thank god they included the skipped content as flashback in this episode. Looks like I can still hope for this adaptation to be enjoyable. ^^
Oct 14, 2014 4:52 AM

Jul 2014
Mich666 said:
"'Is that something that prisoner says. Lend me your troop?" <-- that pretty much sums up logic this anime is following.

"The enemy number is 3.000! We are 1.000. Do you think we can win?" <-- Oh, so you did agreed before even thinking about the odds? Really?

And how the heck they got with their army to the city unnoticed (prior to the fight) when enemy was already holding siege of it? Eh?

Ugh, this won't get any better. I am dropping this before I got some unrepairable brain damage by watching this. Nothing that stupid dialogues and bad fanservice here.
You won't be missed
Oct 14, 2014 5:11 AM

Mar 2013
[/quote]
Mich666 said:

A:What else is Tigre going to do roll over let them burn is home or ask for help?

B:ERR "The enemy number is 3.000! We are 1.000. Do you think we can win?" whats the problem with that? and I really think you missed the part that showed Eleonora personality in episode one didn't you:LOL

C:"And how the heck they got with their army to the city unnoticed" again missed the plundering the town part didn't you, armies where notorious for becoming unruly and undisciplined when looting was involved.

I really worry about the intelligence of people those days....
NewhopesOct 14, 2014 5:31 AM

Oct 14, 2014 8:45 AM

Oct 2013
Is it just me, or does this anime make no fking sense?!

Dude gets captured by enemy who wiped out his comrades in battle. Dude's all like, 'sall good - all's fair in war n love yo! Maiden chick's like, lol oh youuu. Dude's like, look I'm good with arrows - oh and btw you guys don't mind if I stroll out of here and go back home rite. Chick's like, nuh-uh ain't happening. Dude's like ok that's fine just give me YOUR ENTIRE FUCKING ARMY SO I CAN SAVE MY POS VILLAGE. Maiden chick: I ain't see no problem wit dat.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME I'M NOT THE ONLY ONE WHO THINKS THIS IS KINDERGARTEN LEVEL STORYWRITING?!?! Maybe I missed something huge that validates all of this, I don't even fking know.

Will continue to watch for now if only because yay medieval setting yay archery n shit... smh.
Oct 14, 2014 8:47 AM
Jul 2018
Okashi_sama said:
Mich666 said:

You won't be missed
Oct 14, 2014 9:10 AM

Jul 2014
Starswirl9 said:

Dude gets captured by enemy who wiped out his comrades in battle. Dude's all like, 'sall good - all's fair in war n love yo! Maiden chick's like, lol oh youuu. Dude's like, look I'm good with arrows - oh and btw you guys don't mind if I stroll out of here and go back home rite. Chick's like, nuh-uh ain't happening. Dude's like ok that's fine just give me YOUR ENTIRE FUCKING ARMY SO I CAN SAVE MY POS VILLAGE. Maiden chick: I ain't see no problem wit dat.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME I'M NOT THE ONLY ONE WHO THINKS THIS IS KINDERGARTEN LEVEL STORYWRITING?!?! Maybe I missed something huge that validates all of this, I don't even fking know.

Will continue to watch for now if only because yay medieval setting yay archery n shit... smh.
It's because the pacing of the first episode was wrong on so many levels. they skipped major characters' interaction and it's been 50 days since he was captured, so it's more then enough to develop relations with Ellen and Lim. you could read the Novel for extra details since everything is explained perfectly there.
Oct 14, 2014 9:12 AM

Mar 2013
Starswirl9 said:

He was treated with respect(apart from the assassin scene)so what is he going to do rage at her for been captured?

Missed the part where she claims ownership of his lands for lending him the troops I see.

I really fail to see what is so hard to understand.
NewhopesOct 14, 2014 9:15 AM

Oct 14, 2014 9:30 AM

Aug 2014
Okashi_sama said:

It's because the pacing of the first episode was wrong on so many levels. they skipped major characters' interaction and it's been 50 days since he was captured, so it's more then enough to develop relations with Ellen and Lim. you could read the Novel for extra details since everything is explained perfectly there.

They ways they have done things in general is a mess
Oct 14, 2014 9:35 AM

Jul 2014
ikramit said:
Okashi_sama said:

They ways they have done things in general is a mess
Episode 1 yes. episode 2 had good pacing and was well handled. if only episode 1 had the same pace.
Oct 14, 2014 9:55 AM

Oct 2013
Okashi_sama said:
Starswirl9 said:

Well, at least the anime never explained or gave any indication of a time skip, so that's where I'm coming from. And honestly, I still don't see how being captured for a mere 50 days (because actually that's still pretty short) is enough to justify the War Maidens or whatever they're called aiding an enemy prisoner with their entire force versus a superior army (1000 vs 3000) EVEN IF it's in exchange for the crappy village he owns. I'm sorry, but if that's a fair deal then I'm batman.

Idk guys, still seems like a load of bull to me. :| Either way, anime did a terrible job of going about the scenario however well the light novels made any sense out of it.
_AisuOct 14, 2014 10:11 AM
Oct 14, 2014 9:59 AM

Aug 2014
Okashi_sama said:

Episode 1 yes. episode 2 had good pacing and was well handled. if only episode 1 had the same pace.

Why skip all world building, politics, economics and methodology as well as for the most part skip the character development and character interactions that take place in the source material and cover 6 chapaters in eps 1 only too give the most generic/ worst character in the LN two eps of screen time when he shows up for only one chapter. Its bring focus to the weak point of this volume while skipping the strong aspect of it it is a mess in terms of the way their adapting this they even managed to make him even more generic in anime and still dumb down the plot
ikramitOct 14, 2014 10:02 AM
Oct 14, 2014 10:18 AM
Oct 2011
Starswirl9 said:

Well, at least the anime never explained or gave any indication of a time skip, so that's where I'm coming from. And honestly, I still don't see how being captured for a mere 50 days (because actually that's still pretty short) is enough for the War Maidens or whatever they're called to aid an enemy prisoner with their entire force versus a superior army (1000 vs 3000) EVEN IF it's in exchange for the crappy village he owns. I'm sorry, but if that's a fair deal then I'm batman.

Idk guys, still seems like a load of bull to me. :| Either way, anime did a terrible job of going about it however well the light novels made any sense out of all that.
Well the point is, it's not for the "crappy village" he owns but her real/other objective for helping Tigre at first was for her land Leitmeritz,Ellen took the risk and in the end she got what she wanted and even more:D, that will probably be explained in the anime later on, so no reason to spoil it now.
Oct 14, 2014 10:20 AM

Jul 2014
ikramit said:
Okashi_sama said:

Why skip all world building, politics, economics and methodology as well as for the most part skip the character development and character interactions that take place in the source material and cover 6 chapaters in eps 1 only too give the most generic/ worst character in the LN two eps of screen time when he shows up for only one chapter. Its bring focus to the weak point of this volume while skipping the strong aspect of it it is a mess in terms of the way their adapting this they even managed to make him even more generic in anime and still dumb down the plot

I think you had way too much high hopes for the adaption my friend. most LN adaption are not even close to the source material.
i know it's terrible compared to the light novel, i know they skipped way too much. but complaining is not gonna help.
i already had 0 expectations for this knowing most LN adaptions.
the only good thing that will come of this fanart, oh boy do i need some fanart for this. also i'm just hoping they don't ruin the fight between

so i suggest you really lower your expectations, that way you might actually enjoy it :)
Oct 14, 2014 10:42 AM

Apr 2013
Starswirl9 said:

nailed it lmao
Oct 14, 2014 10:43 AM

Oct 2013
barmar said:
Starswirl9 said:

Well, at least the anime never explained or gave any indication of a time skip, so that's where I'm coming from. And honestly, I still don't see how being captured for a mere 50 days (because actually that's still pretty short) is enough for the War Maidens or whatever they're called to aid an enemy prisoner with their entire force versus a superior army (1000 vs 3000) EVEN IF it's in exchange for the crappy village he owns. I'm sorry, but if that's a fair deal then I'm batman.

Idk guys, still seems like a load of bull to me. :| Either way, anime did a terrible job of going about it however well the light novels made any sense out of all that.
Well the point is, it's not for the "crappy village" he owns but her real/other objective for helping Tigre at first was for her land Leitmeritz,Ellen took the risk and in the end she got what she wanted and even more:D, that will probably be explained in the anime later on, so no reason to spoil it now.

Fine. xD Still 2/10 episode regardless, almost dropped.
_AisuOct 14, 2014 10:48 AM
Oct 14, 2014 4:23 PM
Oct 2014
oh he's got the bad-ass black bow, oooooo shiny hes going to become super over powered and kill a dragon now
Oct 14, 2014 6:59 PM

Oct 2013
I understand why people would be pissed with this, because some of the shit that happens here is utterly absurd. But I think people are expecting a realistic fantasy war fiction out of anime, and that's a pretty huge mistake. You really expect an anime to bring to life a fantasy war story without adding in traditional absurdity like "war maiden princess queen whatever the fuck she is experiences love at first sight with enemy prince lord king whatever the fuck he is on the battle field"? Everything that happened in this episode made perfect sense in the context of the story trying to be told. It's ridiculous and unrealistic, but it's not anime unrealistic.

And furthermore, the maiden woman helping Tigre out in exchange for his poverty city did seem like a fair trade to me when it seemed clear she was confident she could win. Especially when we take into context that she's in love with him because lolanimulogic.

This could've been a lot better if it was done more realistically, but it's certainly watchable as it is. This episode was a hell of a lot more entertaining than episode 1, at least, as I wasn't utterly bored with it.

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
Oct 14, 2014 7:34 PM

Aug 2014
Some people seem to need everything explained to them step by step and have no reasoning of their own.

They also seem to have no idea how war and how P.O.W were viewed back in the medieval ages and they think a person who holds only 2nd to the king has a max of 1000 troops.

Also never mind the fact it takes time to gather troops and they were working under time constraints and here's a shocker Earl's have more then just a village to their name it's not tiger the Village head, in tigers case his land is amongst the forests and mountains and there are four villages and a small town as well as extra land around it.

Also one mountain separates ellen's land and tigers so try to imagine if Brune and Zhcted are aggressive to one another and ellen decides she needs more then a single mountain in the way maybe some insurance in the form of lands perhaps were she can have troops stationed at , at all times and it would be ideal if that land has difficult terrain such as forests and mountains right. Also if Zhcted and Brune get over their egos and decided on peace then a highway can be made from tigers land to ellens think about that....

As for tiger acting the way he does Tiger was treated very poorly in Brune he has no reason to be loyal and he even says as much to be fair this only happens in the novel not the anime also yes some of his men did die and he also killed some if her men its war it happens also he was forced into this war so why should he care about his commander's death again this was only shown in the novel.

Also tigers skill with the bow means he can break chains of commands by killing captains and generals from a range they think their safe and bring chaos to the enemy its very useful

If you want more detailed reasons or in some cases any reason as to why things are the way they are read light novel because the anime will not giving them it seems
ikramitOct 14, 2014 9:06 PM
Oct 14, 2014 9:18 PM
Jul 2018
*Tigre captures an arrow by hand
*Tigre receives 20 damage
*Hand technique gains 1 level
*Tigre uses Head Shot
*Head Shot: 100 damage deals
*Tigre gains 15 exp
*Wooden Bow durability is 0
*Wooden Bow is broken
*Tigre acquires Legendary Black Bow
*+100 attack, +20 accuracy, + 50 wind damage
Oct 14, 2014 11:15 PM

Oct 2013
ikramit said:
If you want more detailed reasons or in some cases any reason as to why things are the way they are read light novel because the anime will not giving them it seems

This is basically exactly my problem though. Everything may make complete sense, but the anime does a shit job at explaining, world-building and setting the story up. It's essentially as cliche and nonsensical as most mediocre anime, but for some reason this episode of this anime in particular threw me over the edge enough that I got pissed. I CAN indeed see how it can make sense, but the anime did a crap job at convincing me and thus I felt like venting a bit. And unfortunately I'm not about to read the light novel just because the anime failed to meet my expectations. If anything, the anime's turned me off enough not to want to.
Oct 15, 2014 1:27 AM

Aug 2013
I just realized the OST composer also did Freezing/Vibration.
Oct 15, 2014 7:47 AM

Sep 2007
They sure dropped the ball this episode. I understand the first one being rushed to all hell, but they really should have slowed down for this one. Dropped, and a shame because Ellen is an awesome character.

Okashi_sama said:

It was obvious though that a lot of time passed.
Oct 15, 2014 7:54 AM

Sep 2014
So after reading the first three volumes of the novel I have to say that a lot of stuff from the first volume has been skipped, and I can only imagine they're going to flashback to it at some point, because the trust between Tigre and Ellen/Lim in the anime is really badly developed. They skipped a lot of dialog and "friendship building experience" in order to get to the meaty action. Besides some people seem to forget that both Tigre and the girls are still kids, they're about 16/17, so you can't really expect them to act like cruel feudal lords. In the end, this series is not supposed to be very dark, this is not archery berserk.
[b]Men talk of killing time, while time quietly kills them.

Oct 15, 2014 8:00 AM

Nov 2011
This is getting real good!!!!!!!
Oct 15, 2014 8:09 AM

Sep 2007
Grim_Person said:
Besides some people seem to forget that both Tigre and the girls are still kids, they're about 16/17

I was half-thinking of giving this another chance, thanks for dissuading me.
Oct 15, 2014 9:13 AM

Jul 2014
Kiraly said:
Okashi_sama said:

It was obvious though that a lot of time passed.
Not to some people
Oct 16, 2014 9:37 AM

May 2010
Hmmm good episode over-all. The flashbacks could use some work in terms of placement tho.
Oct 16, 2014 9:40 AM

Jun 2010
meh.
<--- Who Your Waifus Look Up To --->
Oct 16, 2014 1:20 PM

Apr 2013
one of the worst anime Im watching and not dropping this season.. its so bad its funny and interesting.
Oct 16, 2014 1:59 PM

Mar 2013
Sourire said:
one of the worst anime Im watching and not dropping this season.. its so bad its funny and interesting.

Just drop it, that would be better than listening to you whine every week.

Oct 16, 2014 3:02 PM

Jul 2014
Sourire said:
Yes please stay and whine. i love when people do this, it's so pathetic it's actually funny and interesting.
Oct 16, 2014 7:53 PM

Aug 2012
So, might be a stupid question, but why the hate for this show? Its a rather enjoyable fantasy series so far. For the stuff about how they interact, he is still a noble, thus given a certain amount of respect until the ransom is paid/not paid. Even then, Elen is trying to convince him to join her as a retainer so as to get his skill as an archer. It seemed perfectly reasonable her helping him defend his town. "Help me defend my town from the invading rival nobleman, and I will bend my knee to you." Makes sense. And as for the LN... I'm trying not to read them while the anime is airing. I seem to have a reputation of reading the source material of an anime as it airs, and then annoying my friends with comments on comparisons, and straying close to spoilers (forget that they have spoiled bigger things than me... but whatever). Anyways, this is one of my favorites of the series, but all I hear is hate. Why?
Oct 17, 2014 5:29 AM

Jul 2008
The pacing is a little slow but it isn't doing the series a lot of harm :D other than that, I like the rest :D
Oct 17, 2014 12:16 PM

May 2014
Yep, I'm enjoying it :D I hope they wont screw up it the future episodes. This is kinda on the edge for me..
I'm not sure why but this episode reminds me of SNK.

Okashi_sama said:
Sourire said:
Yes please stay and whine. i love when people do this, it's so pathetic it's actually funny and interesting.
Haha... nicely done :D
Oct 17, 2014 10:03 PM

Apr 2013
Okashi_sama said:
Sourire said:
I smell butthurt.. and nah I'll keep watching because it entertains me. You don't have to read or reply to my comments.. l8
Oct 18, 2014 3:46 AM

Jul 2014
Sourire said:
Okashi_sama said:
I smell butthurt.. and nah I'll keep watching because it entertains me. You don't have to read or reply to my comments.. l8
Neither do you
Oct 18, 2014 8:15 PM

Feb 2013
Awe man... the battle was just starting... then, credits...

I wonder how "special" that black bow is. Guess I'll find out next episode.

Glad the service isn't overdone. That was enough.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Madan no Ou to Vanadis Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 27, 2014

181 by Talamare »»
Mar 28, 11:22 PM

Poll: » Madan no Ou to Vanadis Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 18, 2014

141 by Nikoslovescoffee »»
Oct 7, 2023 2:01 PM

Poll: » Madan no Ou to Vanadis Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 4, 2014

277 by Apratim »»
Jul 11, 2023 12:49 AM

Poll: » Madan no Ou to Vanadis Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 6, 2014

81 by Overcast93 »»
Dec 29, 2022 7:52 AM

Poll: » Madan no Ou to Vanadis Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 15, 2014

75 by 2life »»
Sep 10, 2022 3:38 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.