Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Oct 11, 2014 4:49 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Ugh, Titta's mouth just runs and runs. One thing I do give her credit though is that she isn't entirely a coward.

Decent setup overall. The fantasy tropes kicked into fast gears though.
Stark700Oct 11, 2014 9:28 AM
Oct 11, 2014 4:59 AM
Dec 2011
Way slower compared to episode 1.

They just adopted about ~40 pages of volume 1 in episode 2(i thought they're going to fight the dragon or even end the volume 1 in this episode, but nah, need wait til next episode)

Umm, guess anime will focus on battle and action part.
Oct 11, 2014 5:22 AM

Mar 2013
Slowed down a little, hopefully they take most of next week to cover the battle.

Oct 11, 2014 5:27 AM

Feb 2009
Now they decided to slow the pace and even incorporate flashbacks of some of the skipped parts. While I'm not unhappy about it, it's just a weird way to do it. Relying on flashbacks to tell something is not a bad thing but they're doing it more than usual.
Since the special covered that skipped sparring part(Tigre really should have gone with the tank), I assume some of the cuts will go to that segment. I can somewhat see what they can place there.

Zion is just one big fail. Not even doing a proper job to pillage a town and even failing to rape a maid. And he's going to job more later on. I feel sorry for the guy. He just wants to get recognized by his chichiue.
Tigre catching an arrow and shooting it back. This guy's a monster. And now he has the black bow.
Time for some mad archery and some dragon slaying.
Oct 11, 2014 7:22 AM

Apr 2013
A pretty solid prelude to the epic showdown that is to come next week. I'm glad that the progression slowed down in this episode vs last week rush fest. Tigre going balls out in this episode and ready to finally become truly OP with his new big black... bow. You know the saying, "once you go black, you don't go back".

Titta was definitely a bit too annoying as the childhood maid character here but at least she (and her tits) led to that Zion bitch getting completely owned (again) by Tigre. I could have used some more epic Elen moments/flashes. I'm looking forward to some epic "raging" in the next episode. And as always: Mo' Tits, (No) Mo' Problems.
dankzelOct 11, 2014 12:31 PM
Oct 11, 2014 7:46 AM

Aug 2010
That was awesome :D I don't get how they're planning to pace this but the pacing this ep was much better :3

Ellen blushing when Tigre said he's been thinking she looked beautiful since he met her was cute :3

Zion is one SOB XD what a loser :P The way Tigre just shot him from that far away directly at his hand was so BA!

And then stopping the arrow and returning it like a BOSS directly to the head :O
Oct 11, 2014 7:50 AM

Nov 2012
Nice so far,
Looking forward for the battle in next episode.
Oct 11, 2014 7:54 AM

Apr 2014
Stark700 said:
Ugh, Titta's mouth just runs and runs. One thing I do give her credit though is that she isn't entirely a coward.

Not sure why you hate her so much so far (though I agree she does talk a lot), probably because I haven't read any of the LN/Manga.

Loved the scene when Tigre caught and returned the arrow.
Oct 11, 2014 8:15 AM

Mar 2008
Bit less rushed, maybe just maybe they wont completely screw whole of this show up as they did with episode 1 :S
Oct 11, 2014 8:16 AM

Feb 2014
This was a good episode, Tigre sure is badass, catching an arrow with his hand and then killing that guy in a matter of seconds.
Titta, is a bit annoying but I will get used to it in a few episodes.
Oct 11, 2014 8:20 AM

Aug 2010
llcruz said:
This was a good episode, Tigre sure is badass, catching an arrow with his hand and then killing that guy in a matter of seconds.
Titta, is a bit annoying but I will get used to it in a few episodes.

Thankfully she doesn't get that much focus anyway so no need to worry ^^
Oct 11, 2014 8:34 AM

Feb 2013
I really enjoyed the episode until the narrator spoke at the end>.< I literally told to diex)
Jesus can walk on water. Cucumbers are 96% water. I can walk on cucumbers. I'm 96% Jesus.
Oct 11, 2014 8:42 AM

Aug 2013
I love it..
nice pace, I hope next will be a good war..
at least, Titta is not a coward and very loyal(is it love? or it's just a fantasy?) to Tigre.. and some fanservice..

the only thing that grind my gears is "Tigre-sama, Tigre-sama, Tigre-sama, Tigre-sama"
dayumm, I already had enough Onii-sama last season, so plz..
Oct 11, 2014 8:42 AM

Dec 2011
I was expecting Ellen to ask for something in return for her troops and aid in the defense of Alsace, it's going to be interesting to see how everyone from Alsace will react to Tigre's decision of stepping down as their lord... unless Ellen gives him the right to govern Alsace in her name.

LOL, Tigre's new hairstyle made him look like a nerd or something...

Secret sword technique: Pantsu reveal and bra reveal!

Now that's an awesome handshot by Tigre!

Poor Titta was finally saved T.T

Of course the wind/sword likes Tigre :3

So Tigre has finally accepted the family heirloom and is taking it into battle... I bet he'll transform into a warbro XD.
"Let justice be done, though the heavens fall."
Oct 11, 2014 8:46 AM

Jan 2014
I'm actually starting to really like this one. Ellenora is gorgeous.
Oct 11, 2014 8:55 AM
Jul 2018
It was a good episode. Ellenora is hot.

Tigre arrived in time to save Titta. I really like how he caught the arrow and killed that archer guy with his arrow.
Oct 11, 2014 9:01 AM

Jul 2014
Yes, i loved this episode, the pacing although slower is better.

Ellen sexy as always.

Tigre Badass af, i liked t how they animated him catching the arrow, and shooting Zion.

Overall good episode.

Next episode
Oct 11, 2014 9:33 AM

Mar 2013
Surprise that prev only got shot in the hand and not the head.
Oct 11, 2014 9:36 AM

Dec 2013
I tend to dislike harems, but this one is kinda decent. At least it doesn't pretend it is something more *cough* Akame *cough*
Oct 11, 2014 9:39 AM

Aug 2014
Wonder if this will get a second season or if they will rush it. I can see a Haremedning anyway so :P
Oct 11, 2014 9:49 AM

Jul 2010
Pretty interesting premise with the kingdom losing their heir making two rival family competing for the throne!
Tigre asking for Ellen to lend her troops to him!
That enemy commander :O good thing Tigre's arrow got his hand. Titta being saved, at least she got her message out before being overcome by fear!
The picture for the anime T.T Tigre looking badass with the cape and bow and that position!
Oct 11, 2014 10:02 AM

Jan 2014
I had to admit i was getting pissed-off to the part the maid almost got rape...then an arrow just suddenly got that asshole prick right in the hand, and not to mention that was pretty cool for him catching the arrow and returning it to the one who shot it..nice episode again...i hope that this keeps up..and maybe if i get impatient, i'll start reading the manga :D
Got something to live for, I know that I won't surrender,
A warrior of youth,
I'm taking over, a shot to the new world order
I Am Bulletproof. . .

Oct 11, 2014 10:03 AM

Feb 2012
I'm glad the pacing slowed down somewhat, it seemed like a lot was skipped in episode 1.

Tigre catching that arrow and sending it back was awesome.

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
Oct 11, 2014 10:04 AM

Jul 2014
DeadZeroSource said:
I had to admit i was getting pissed-off to the part the maid almost got rape...then an arrow just suddenly got that asshole prick right in the hand, and not to mention that was pretty cool for him catching the arrow and returning it to the one who shot it..nice episode again...i hope that this keeps up..and maybe if i get impatient, i'll start reading the manga :D

try the novel if you gonna, it's way better.
Oct 11, 2014 10:04 AM

Dec 2013
pretty hyped for that black bow.
Stay in yesterday 時を止めて
Oct 11, 2014 10:11 AM

Aug 2014
Okashi_sama said:
DeadZeroSource said:

try the novel if you gonna, it's way better.

Agreed read the LN if your going to its far better then the manga: https://baka-tsuki.org/project/index.php?title=Madan_no_Ou_to_Vanadis:Volume01_Prologue
Oct 11, 2014 10:19 AM

Jan 2014
Lend me your troops.

Is that something a prisoner would say?

Only when your name is Harem Master Tigre it is.
Oct 11, 2014 10:22 AM

Mar 2012
You know for an Ecchi Harem series this has the least amount of ecchi and harem i have seen all season.

The PAcing improved in this episode for sure.

That moment when that prick got an arrow to the hand effing ... Nice... Tigre is a true master archer. also that bit about when he grabbed that arrow so effing bad ass and what makes it even more epic it actually showed he got injured badly due to that grab and makes it more realistic than a character who just goes badass mode and than like no injuries at all.

I know i am not a LN reader so i cant really speak for them but as anime only watcher, i see potential in this series, it is still early to tell how it will go but so far it does show potential i just hope they keep it up :)
Oct 11, 2014 10:23 AM

Oct 2013
WOW they changed OP and ED to much better now, i liked this
Oct 11, 2014 10:41 AM

Aug 2013
Damn that counterattack is awesome!!Tigre stopped the arrow an inch away from Titta then returned it to the shooter way too awesome. To war then. :)
Oct 11, 2014 10:46 AM

Sep 2008
I like this show.

Somehow I doubt it's a normal bow. Catching arrow and send another flying other way was nicely done. MC seems really fun and I'm glad female protagonist is not screaming over some flesh shown.

What I don't like, however, is the speed at which this is all happening. Now, I may be wrong, but it all seems to happen way too fast. I'll probably watch anime and then read manga. Character development is really minimalistic and no one seems to get more than few lines before action starts.
I'd like to get to know characters a bit more, so far they're more like genericMC#1, genericFemale#1, genericMaid#1 etc.
It's not bad they're generic, it just seems there's more to them than the show is presenting.
Oh well, it's only 2nd episode, so no reason to get bothered by it yet.
Oct 11, 2014 10:53 AM

Jul 2014
nina4life said:
What I don't like, however, is the speed at which this is all happening. Now, I may be wrong, but it all seems to happen way too fast. I'll probably watch anime and then read manga. Character development is really minimalistic and no one seems to get more than few lines before action starts.
I'd like to get to know characters a bit more, so far they're more like genericMC#1, genericFemale#1, genericMaid#1 etc.
It's not bad they're generic, it just seems there's more to them than the show is presenting.
Oh well, it's only 2nd episode, so no reason to get bothered by it yet.

Read the novel if you want more character development and interactions, world building and the political aspect.
Oct 11, 2014 10:53 AM

Aug 2012
Liking the style of the action so far, just hope it has a larger focus on it than showcasing busty girls. You don't see a lot of legit bowman in anime, so this is refreshing.

At the very least the Harada Hitomi ED will keep me watching.
Oct 11, 2014 10:54 AM

Mar 2013
Only thing I don't like so far is how they make it look like Ellen is head over heels for Tigre, other than that it's fast but they've kept the story understandable.

Be aware if you want to look into the manga while not bad it's very fan service heavy, like other have said your better off reading the novels they're a pretty enjoyable read.

Oct 11, 2014 10:59 AM
Oct 2011
I'm glad they slowed down a bit I mean that pace in ep 1 was way too much.Liked the arrow scene too,hope other scenes will keep this quality as well especially the "duel" in vol 5

-ShadowClaw- said:
You know for an Ecchi Harem series this has the least amount of ecchi and harem i have seen all season.

Well Ecchi was never focus of the LN as much as wars/strategy/politics I think people who would read this for only ecchi could be a little disappointed.

Newhopes said:
Only thing I don't like so far is how they make it look like Ellen is head over heels for Tigre, other than that it's fast but they've kept the story understandable.
Yea I'm not a fan of how the're trying to make the story overall.....more generic or kinda less serious by tweaking some of the details but maybe that's just me.
barmarOct 11, 2014 11:07 AM
Oct 11, 2014 11:05 AM

Oct 2009
Not bad, the new bow looks awesome ^^
Oct 11, 2014 11:06 AM

Aug 2007
Great ep. I'm glad they decided to use flashbacks for some scenes. The pacing felt perfect to me I really don't have much complaints this time compare to last ep. Well I hope they can keep this up!

Sent with Mal Updater
Oct 11, 2014 11:18 AM
Jun 2013
This one is definitely better than the first episode, but it really isn't the kind of Anime I like. Let's see how this goes on.
Oct 11, 2014 11:19 AM

Sep 2014
Good episode! It made me start reading the light novel - gladly translations are available on BT. I hope they won't rush stuff because it seems like a decent story and surprisingly for a harem anime I find the protagonist likeable. Can't wait to see the black bow in action =).
[b]Men talk of killing time, while time quietly kills them.

Oct 11, 2014 11:23 AM

Jan 2013
Cool episode.
I expect some good battle on the next one.
Oct 11, 2014 11:24 AM
Nov 2007
Hope Titta gets sidelined to fewer lines in future episodes because her character is annoying.
Oct 11, 2014 11:40 AM
Jul 2013
Elen - samaaaaaa <3

I liked this episode, was a little slow though.
Oct 11, 2014 11:41 AM

Jun 2013
"Enemy 3000, allies 1000. How will the battle go?"
Bitch please, MC catches arrows with his bare hands.
Oct 11, 2014 11:53 AM

Jul 2013
Damn Tigre catching that arrow, and throwing it back, wow a badass archer here, plus he is getting another enhanced bow and arrow there, getting interesting there.

So there are flashbacks here, getting some character development is a great thing in here, but it should have more in it. Pretty good episode, I like how things slow down a bit and getting some flashbacks in it. Now the real battle begins...

Oct 11, 2014 12:18 PM

Aug 2014
This show should have 24 episodes.

The girl named Titta. Her name is translated "look" in Swedish. Anoying as hell.
Oct 11, 2014 12:22 PM

Aug 2012
Tigre's hair must be made of shape memory alloys...

Really, really nice episode. I haven't see a good archer fight in anime for years. I shall keep watching as I read through original novel.
Oct 11, 2014 12:24 PM

Jul 2013
another okay episode, seriously don't understand how anyone could say they"LOVED" this episode but to each their own.

Also as for the harem, I'm not to excited about it as so far I'm not a huge fan of any of the girls we've seen thus far but hey it's only episode 2

It's also good to see Rider from Fate Zero. He's a lot less happier in this but I will definitely be cheering for him.

cmon lol they look alike.. plus they're both warlords haha
The best anime is the Road to El Dorado
Oct 11, 2014 12:38 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Not a bad second chapter. The show doesn't go into the ecchi far end and most of the characters are pretty likeable. The arrow to the hand of the raping psycho dude was a definite cheer out loud moment.
next ep, battle with dragons should be interesting.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Oct 11, 2014 12:44 PM

Mar 2013
I'm usually not one to watch harem and/or ecchi shows, but I'm pushing through this because the story and characters seem promising (minus the secondary girls of the harem). I can't say the same for the animation, though. Every time there's a scene with running horses I cringe inwardly...
Oct 11, 2014 12:50 PM

Jan 2014
Nice episode.

That whole rape attempt and subsequent Vorn coming to the rescue was soooo predictable. Still satisfying to watch that guys hand get penetrated good.

Ellen's still awesome and grown dragons are brought into the fray. Hopefully they'll actually fight next episode, too.

Catching dat arrow like badass~
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Madan no Ou to Vanadis Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 27, 2014

181 by Talamare »»
Mar 28, 11:22 PM

Poll: » Madan no Ou to Vanadis Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 18, 2014

141 by Nikoslovescoffee »»
Oct 7, 2023 2:01 PM

Poll: » Madan no Ou to Vanadis Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 4, 2014

277 by Apratim »»
Jul 11, 2023 12:49 AM

Poll: » Madan no Ou to Vanadis Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 6, 2014

81 by Overcast93 »»
Dec 29, 2022 7:52 AM

Poll: » Madan no Ou to Vanadis Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 15, 2014

75 by 2life »»
Sep 10, 2022 3:38 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.