Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 11, 2014 3:33 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
That ending is absolutely memorable. A world of possibilities opens up for everyone. I can really recommend the sequel by the way. It's very, very different (it was made 10 years later!) and the first 2 episodes one feels that it has nothing to do with this one, but trust me it does. Check it out.

"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

May 16, 2019 5:36 AM

Jan 2013
This anime is a pretty good representation on why mecha anime is usually a snooze-fest to me.
May 23, 2019 12:26 PM

Dec 2015
4/5

Overall:
A rather cheerful escape/chase, in an exotic world at war.
Good SF concept, appealing variety in cultures/countries/designs, more faithful to Mikimoto's art than MacrossTV.
But there are too many scenes recycling and it's a bit too long for what it does and tell.
Most characters are simple, some are cool.

Score: 6/10
Mar 23, 2020 8:36 PM

Mar 2016
Was a pretty solid sci-fi adventure story, but somehow as it got towards the end (like around when they start negotiating with Chiram) the episodes started feeling more loosely connected and it was getting a little boring. Kei and Mimsy could be pretty insufferable too.

It had a lot of personality though, a very unique feeling.
syncrogazerMar 23, 2020 8:42 PM
May 1, 2020 9:59 AM

Nov 2016
Despite some "flaws"(which added some charm in a way), I actually ended up liking the series as a whole. The last couple of episodes kinda salvaged this bumpy adventure, even tho everything was wrapped up a bit too fast imo.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Sep 6, 2020 1:12 PM

Jun 2013
So sad for Mome. She is the best character.
Oct 16, 2020 6:50 PM

Mar 2013
Wow I'm very, very surprised at how good this ended up being. I feel like not being part of the Robotech group and never having took off like Macross in Japan cursed this series to an obscurity that I truly feel it doesn't deserve. History hasn't been fair to Orguss.

The characters were great to me, the mix of so many different cultures and different ways of thinking and understanding was the gem of the series and I really loved the machine designs. It truly is a shame that so many action scenes reuse frames and movements so much throughout the entire series.

I felt genuinely bad for Mome and the Lieutenant. They all served their friends to the very end. It's a shame the Chiram scheme doesn't go anywhere. They were really planning on betraying the Emarn and that sadly doesn't go anywhere.

From the ending I understand that somehow they end up fixing the world and the surviving characters end up living happy lives... except Manisha whose husband apparently dumps her for Shaia. It was cute seeing Kei and Mimsy with their baby.

It's an 8/10 for me despite the flaws.
Mar 12, 2021 7:41 PM
Apr 2019
I found the ending lackluster. Too open ended for me. Was gonna rate it 9/10, but decided on 8/10. Very frustrated at the somewhat unsatisfying ending
Sep 7, 2021 1:02 PM

Oct 2010
so what the hell ended up happening, they gave us a random montage of the characters living happily but is that it? how did they fix the world if they could only chose between emarn and chiram.
decent anime but not the best from its era
May 22, 2022 1:27 PM

Aug 2012
I can't believe that's how it ended?! I liked it and I mostly understood what happened but damn it was over so quickly.

Overall I quite enjoyed this show, it had a strong cast and a very interesting plot. It does have a lull in the middle but then nearly all 80s mecha shows do.

Still far superior to Tomino's output from the time so 8/10 from me.
Oct 17, 2023 3:47 PM
Sep 2016
Not a bad show at all. Fun characters, great visuals. Didn't have the lightning in a bottle brilliance of Macross, but it was a good b-side to that estimable show. Not top-shelf but I enjoyed my time with it.

7/10

More topics from this board

Poll: » Choujikuu Seiki Orguss Episode 8 Discussion

Serhiyko - Jul 21, 2013

4 by Fortress_Maximus »»
Dec 1, 2023 1:26 PM

Poll: » Choujikuu Seiki Orguss Episode 7 Discussion

Serhiyko - Jul 21, 2013

5 by Fortress_Maximus »»
Nov 18, 2023 2:01 PM

Poll: » Choujikuu Seiki Orguss Episode 6 Discussion

cupc - Dec 3, 2014

4 by Fortress_Maximus »»
Nov 18, 2023 1:57 PM

Poll: » Choujikuu Seiki Orguss Episode 17 Discussion

Serhiyko - Aug 14, 2013

6 by TrevRockOne »»
Oct 11, 2023 12:09 PM

Poll: » Choujikuu Seiki Orguss Episode 2 Discussion

Serhiyko - Jun 29, 2013

7 by PxHC »»
Jul 24, 2023 11:21 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.