Forum Settings
Forums
Poll: Tamako Love Story Episode 1 Discussion

Apr 28, 2018 8:06 AM

Lmao I haven't see Tamako Market so I don't know about Midori and Tamako's relationship but all these comments make me understand

tbh I kinda thought Midori liked mochizou, idk why

May 21, 2018 11:35 AM

Not that good tbh I had high expectations for this and I was disappointed, it had some cute and funny scenes other than that nothing special. 6/10
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

Dec 17, 2018 6:17 PM

The ending was nice, but I really want to know what happened afterward!

8/10
"No, son, you may not have your body pillow at the dinner table!"

Dec 27, 2018 9:00 PM

i had avoided the movie for the longest time because i felt it might be very feelsy as opposed to the show's tone...now that i watched it a million years later, i was wrong.
i love that they kept they adorable and funny charm from the tv show to build the story towards the climax. speaking of climax, that end left me with a "thats it?" and made me wonder what happened after that even though i overall enjoyed the movie

Kanna is still awesome

Dec 30, 2018 8:56 PM

It was a nice movie, I must say. The only thing that bothers me is that we had to go through 12 eps. and nearly half a movie to actually see some development regarding Tamako's character.

But that aside, I really enjoyed watching it. It was also nice to have more characterization for Tamako's mother. She truly seemed to be a kind woman. Not to mention that now I understand a bit better about Tamako's "obsession" with mochi. In the end, it's all related to her deceased mother...

Uhm, what else?... ah well, the cinematography was great, by the way. I really liked the effects and camera angles they used. The whole camera direction just made the movie feel more serious and mature.

Overall, it was a good movie with a great development for characters such as Midori, Mochizou and of course, Tamako. It was also pretty sweet and cute for moments. And although the ending scene with Tamako confessing felt a bit rushed, it didn't make it look any less adorable either. 7/10

Jan 21, 6:00 PM

That was a creative reverse confession by Tama, to use those call thingies. Pity they didn't show us how and what they did after, like hugging or even kissing. But most of all if Mochizo even went to Tokyo at all, a time skip would've made the story more incredible.

The problem is that the writer lacked romance writing skills. I don't think the writer intended the Tamako market story to involve romance originally, I think he was coerced by the demand of Tama and Mochizou to be together. Their concept of being together felt forced and didn't feel real, I do get Mochizou liked her but from her side she didn't and I still think she doesn't. It felt like she said those words to prevent her friend from leaving to Tokyo. If the writer was into the romance and intended for it to happen, he would've put more effort into their love and showcased the aftermath. Affection wasn't even there, so it was an ass-pull of a romance.
"You know the rules, kill them all and keep moving "--- Lil Wayne- John

Feb 23, 6:20 AM

This film succeeds where the TV series has failed at certain points, slow but serious and very sweet narration, it gives back value to what was told in the TV series. The only flaw and that does not show what happens after the facts told. Another quality of this film is that it can be seen without necessarily watching the TV series first.

8.5/10

Mar 16, 5:20 PM

The confession was soooo adorable, seems like she realized her feelings right after that, haha. The prequel had no progression with their love story, so the sequel, the movie did the job. Honestly I was smiling like a weirdo the entire way through, really lighthearted and adorable movie. Having high expectations for the movie was the correct thing.

@Kirena You weren't lying, haha.

Mar 18, 2:11 AM

nerojeko said:
The confession was soooo adorable, seems like she realized her feelings right after that, haha. The prequel had no progression with their love story, so the sequel, the movie did the job. Honestly I was smiling like a weirdo the entire way through, really lighthearted and adorable movie. Having high expectations for the movie was the correct thing.

@Kirena You weren't lying, haha.

ikr x)
the whole series and the movie was extremely cute. I don't remember how much the characters developed, but ahhh they are so adorable!
I was honestly expecting more romance, but I'm not at all disappointed, the last two minutes of that movie were more than enough for me
even i smile like a weirdo whenever i re-watch parts of it xD

Hehe
I'm glad you enjoyed watching it

Jun 3, 9:06 PM
Guys you don't realize that chio was the real bride of prince?
Just take off her necklace and the truth has been spoken

Jun 13, 5:08 PM

YOU MADE HIM MISS HIS TRAIN WRYYYYYYYY

Jul 14, 10:43 AM

It's been years when I finished the anime, and I mostly forgot what happened on it lol. However, I still enjoyed this movie! It ended on the best part, but I think that's one of the things that made it great.

At first, I gave it a 8/10, but after rewatching the ending scene, I changed my mind and gave it a 9/10 lol :D
Modified by mshitsugaya10, Jul 14, 10:55 AM

Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]