Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Oct 10, 2014 9:47 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Lol, Herman has an admirer. How many cheek kisses is that

It was an alright episode. Gotta love some of the dark fantasy tropes and medieval weapons. The fight was fun to watch on most parts although it felt fast. I am somewhat impressed by Leon and his abilities in combat. I think we'll see more of his skills as the show goes on. But damn, the creature he was fighting was this otherwordly to the core. Still trying to get used to the CGI
Oct 10, 2014 11:06 AM

Jul 2010
Herman's excuse for staying with the girls, though he does get information.

Mendoza taking over the kingdom and banished the queen and prince!
Watching an alchemist fight along with Leon! Using those fire but almost being consumed by it :/
Oct 10, 2014 11:12 AM

Aug 2010
Good stuff.

I'm liking that Makai Alchemist woman. She's BA and pretty hot :3 Love her fighting style. Glad she's under main character on MAL so we'll see more of her :D

Berserk Leon was pretty call visually. The flames looked nice.

I'm glad Alfonso isn't a stuck up royal brat. He's a nice guy. Hope he joins the MCs and form a team ^^
Oct 10, 2014 11:24 AM

May 2013
Good episode. Looks like Alfonso and her mother got betrayed. That alchemist woman is interesting.
Oct 10, 2014 11:35 AM

Jan 2013
That Alfonso guy looks interesting.
Oct 10, 2014 11:35 AM

Nov 2012
This is getting a bit interesting.
I like Herman's character, he is quite funny and even if he doesn't look like he is doing anything, he is actually pretty resourceful.
Leon fighting along with the alchemist was cool. He almost lost control, but it was pretty cool.
Looking forward to see more of that alchemist woman.
I am quite confused about the queen, looks like she also come from the same lineage as the Makai Knights, so why has she been playing along with Mendoza, and letting other Makai Knights die until now that she got betrayed. Did she just happen to have the blood of the Makai Knights and didn't know about it???????
Oct 10, 2014 11:54 AM
Oct 2010
Liked it a lot, I already knew mendoza was going to pull that poison shit the moment I saw the king sick again. Seems that the makai armour power has some draw backs to it which they probably will explain later down the line. So far I like all the characters as well, even emo boy.

jose21 said:
I like Herman's character, he is quite funny and even if he doesn't look like he is doing anything, he is actually pretty resourceful.
Leon fighting along with the alchemist was cool. He almost lost control, but it was pretty cool.
Looking forward to see more of that alchemist woman.
I am quite confused about the queen, looks like she also come from the same lineage as the Makai Knights, so why has she been playing along with Mendoza, and letting other Makai Knights die until now that she got betrayed. Did she just happen to have the blood of the Makai Knights and didn't know about it???????

What other knights though? She was letting "witches" die, not knights. I will say this though, it's being strongly implied that makai knights can only be male. Herman in particularly specified he needed a SON to pass the armour down to, and it seems like leon's mother could not summon the armour while possessing it in her blood. So if the queen is part of the makai lineage then that means the prince is also a knight.
Oct 10, 2014 12:20 PM

Apr 2013
I do like a woman that never needed saving in the first place. :P

Mendoza makes an awesome villain, I quite like his character design and voice acting.
Powerful eyebrows.
Oct 10, 2014 12:36 PM

May 2014
I don't know why, but when I watch this it feels kinda nostalgic. It reminds me of Castlevania, especially berserk Leone, his voice is so similar to Alucards.
Oct 10, 2014 12:38 PM

Feb 2014
Wasn't this a day early? Or is the airing date (oct 4) wrong?
I rarely revisit threads, so if you're after a reply you should PM me or post a comment on my profile.
Oct 10, 2014 12:49 PM

Aug 2008
Romi Paku rocks as always~ I can't wait for the next ep because of her and the father!

I'm liking the medieval setting! :)
Oct 10, 2014 12:49 PM

Jul 2014
Garoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

i don't even know why i'm watching this.
the Makai alchemist Girl was cool
Oct 10, 2014 1:00 PM

Apr 2013
great episode.

fight was pretty good and ema seems like a cool character
Oct 10, 2014 1:03 PM

Dec 2012
oh, oh. The Queen is rekt. As others, I am glad Alfonso is not a spoiled sadistic brat. I hope he stays good. Won't he become that Makai Knight of Light, the Queen was talking about?

What was that creature in the beginning? Makai Knights and Alchemists' big boss?

Ah, and why the Horrors have something rectangular in their shapes?

I feel bad for Leon. (His father is fine, lol). Apparently, he feels strong connection to his mother to the point that the armor was about to engulf him. He might be on the noob side of the Knighthood, but he is still so young. (His father is fine, though, lol).

Dat chick!

What's the difference b/w knights and alchemists? The later use magic to seal Horrors, or summon sort of single weapon instead a full Makai armor?
Oct 10, 2014 1:07 PM

Nov 2012
skudoops said:

jose21 said:

What other knights though? She was letting "witches" die, not knights. I will say this though, it's being strongly implied that makai knights can only be male. Herman in particularly specified he needed a SON to pass the armour down to, and it seems like leon's mother could not summon the armour while possessing it in her blood. So if the queen is part of the makai lineage then that means the prince is also a knight.

Yeah, I guess what I said wasn't that clear. Anyway, from what I understood of this episode, Mendosa betrayed the Queen and Alfonso cause they also have the blood of the Makai Knights. So my question is, did the queen know that?..... If she didn't, sure I guess she might have been clueless and actually thought they were killing "witches," but if she knew, I would have expected her to realize there was something wrong with those witch hunts.
Actually, never mind, I guess she just didn't know, and at some point Alfonso will just out nowhere, and not knowing himself that he was one, will transform into a Makai knight.....Whatever.....
Most likely Alfonso = Knight of light
Oct 10, 2014 1:25 PM

Jul 2012
Average episode. Lots of things are unclear but I think they will tell us soon
Tom's Hardware graphics veteran++ (Legacy)
i7 6700K@4.0 GHz, ASUS Z170 PRO GAMING, RTX 2080, G. Skill RipJaws V 3200MHz 16GB,
Noctua NH-D15, CorsairRM 850x, Win10x64, 1920x1080

MyAnimeList!
Oct 10, 2014 1:31 PM

Apr 2014
I'm clueless as to what's going on.
Oct 10, 2014 1:38 PM
Oct 2010
jose21 said:

Yeah, I guess what I said wasn't that clear. Anyway, from what I understood of this episode, Mendosa betrayed the Queen and Alfonso cause they also have the blood of the Makai Knights. So my question is, did the queen know that?..... If she didn't, sure I guess she might have been clueless and actually thought they were killing "witches," but if she knew, I would have expected her to realize there was something wrong with those witch hunts.
Actually, never mind, I guess she just didn't know, and at some point Alfonso will just out nowhere, and not knowing himself that he was one, will transform into a Makai knight.....Whatever.....
Most likely Alfonso = Knight of light

I don't think his transformation will be out of no where, there's sufficient foreshadowing so far, but I agree the queen's knowledge or lack of knowledge in this entire thing should be explained. Personally I'm leaning toward that she doesn't know anything, the necklace she gave him was given to her since she was a baby and she was told it would protect her like some good luck charm. On the other hand it would be strange for her not to know that her bloodline is from the knights unless that fact was purposely kept from her for whatever reason.

I also just realized that the symbol on the amulet and the symbol on the belt of Leon's armour are the same haha.
Oct 10, 2014 2:01 PM

Feb 2014
Oh boy, his dad sure gets all the ladies. Meanwhile Leon hates them. Oh well, I liked the episode.
Oct 10, 2014 2:05 PM

May 2014
I can at least see where this show is going now, pretty good episode.

Herman also continues to be the best character.
Oct 10, 2014 2:36 PM

Jan 2013
Lol Herman, I don't think lying with random prostitutes is the best way to get a son.

Hmm the direction in this episode seemed more cartoony...and less to my liking. It's like this is mature while still feeling like it's something for kids at the same time

Oct 10, 2014 3:46 PM
Jul 2018
Wow, that Makai Alchemist woman is so badass.

Leon needs to practice controlling his intense emotions from going berserk.
Oct 10, 2014 4:54 PM

Apr 2009
german is dad of the year
Oct 10, 2014 5:05 PM

Jun 2013
I'd be pretty pissed/grossed out if I kept seeing my dad with prostitutes, too.

Good god though, that red haired emo son does not fit the atmosphere at ALL. The setting is all dark ages and mature, and this guy looks like he's come straight out of Yugioh. What a TERRIBLE design for him.

Still loving this series though.
Oct 10, 2014 5:26 PM

May 2012
Pretty good second episode. Much better than the 1st one. The story is picking up and becoming more interesting and I really like this new girl; quite a badass. And I am relieved that the prince is not a bad one; looking forward if he will join forces with Leon and his dad. But in terms of animation, maybe it will still take time for me to get used to. It's like I am watching a Biblical story animation somehow which is sort of weird due to the theme of the story. But anyway, the fight scenes are still good; it's just that the cgi transformation to garo armor sort of hurts my eyes...
Oct 10, 2014 5:44 PM

Jun 2013
rebelakuma said:
Pretty good second episode. Much better than the 1st one. The story is picking up and becoming more interesting and I really like this new girl; quite a badass. And I am relieved that the prince is not a bad one; looking forward if he will join forces with Leon and his dad. But in terms of animation, maybe it will still take time for me to get used to. It's like I am watching a Biblical story animation somehow which is sort of weird due to the theme of the story. But anyway, the fight scenes are still good; it's just that the cgi transformation to garo armor sort of hurts my eyes...

I've always thought that an anime set in ancient Egypt based on the ten plagues and other events would be awesome. Too bad it will never ever ever happen.

Actually, any ancient Egyptian anime would do. No, not that one arc of Yugioh.
Oct 10, 2014 5:51 PM

Jun 2013
This is getting interesting ovorall good episode
Oct 10, 2014 6:13 PM
Jul 2013
This show is really fun. MAPPA is delivering this season.
Oct 10, 2014 6:22 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
Herman and Leon's interactions are fun to watch. The plot seems to be quite interesting too. Alfonso is cool dude so far, looking forward to seeing more of him now that he's on the run.
Oct 10, 2014 6:46 PM
Nov 2012
Episode was pretty good.Nice Fights but sometimes the Animation feels so stiff. I cringed pretty hard at the Bridge falling off and staying 100% in its shape D:
Oct 10, 2014 6:50 PM

Jun 2014
Dont like how none of the voices match the characters well.
This show is so "meh" considering the masterpiece that MAPPA made last season.
Oct 10, 2014 7:01 PM

Sep 2014
AHHHHH damn this is just sooo awesome with 3D in it anyways great episode and i love the prince I can smell a badass in him.
Oct 10, 2014 8:01 PM

Mar 2010
Oh shit... I hope the prince is really the king's son... But overall, the episode wasnt bad. I dig the dad.
Oct 10, 2014 9:14 PM

Aug 2012
Nice episode, a lot is happening and plenty is being set up to look forward to.
Oct 10, 2014 9:47 PM

Apr 2014
Better than last week's. At least we actually got more plot explanation this time.
And as a plus, the subs came out early! So yeah, today's a win.
CM said:
Right now, me, right now, in Cleveland, Ohio, take fucking care of me right fucking now. Don't worry about where I'm supposed to be tomorrow. Don't worry about what segment I'm supposed to be. Fucking fix me. My fucking ribs are broken, my knee is fucking torn up, I'm fucking sick. Fucking help me.
Oct 10, 2014 9:49 PM
Nov 2013
God, this series is fucking great. Definitely the dark horse of this season.

Emma is really cool, I have a feeling her and Leon are going to get together soon. Herman was hilarious this episode too. Looks like Leon has a lot to learn when it comes to being a Makai knight.
Oct 10, 2014 9:52 PM

Jun 2014
you know, i actually enjoy the CGI mix. make the fights look WAY cool.
Still trying to piece together a story though
Be sure to message me if you quoted me and want me to respond! Just give me a link to the forum, because usually I leave my comment, then leave the forum.
Oct 10, 2014 9:53 PM

Sep 2011
I liked this epsiode alot, alot more fun to watch and dynamic between leon and herman is really entertaining

Also im just calling it now, by the time this show ends were all gonna be saying herman is the best dad

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Oct 10, 2014 10:23 PM

Oct 2012
Better than the first episode. Alfonso seems like a cool guy.

5/10 -> 6/10
Oct 10, 2014 10:24 PM

Mar 2013
Damn, dad is a scumbag. Hopefully he didn't mess around while his wife was still alive >.>
I'm curious as to why Mendoza hates Makai knights so much.
Overall, this show has gotten more interesting and definitely better.
Oct 10, 2014 10:32 PM
Jul 2014
Has gotten much more interesting with the explanations. Alfonso is probably going to be the other knight. Liking the badass woman so far. Also curious about the source of Mendoza's hatred.
Oct 10, 2014 11:05 PM

Jan 2009
so there will be 3 Makai Knights including Alfonso, that Mendoza took over the kingdom with his twisted ways
Oct 10, 2014 11:10 PM

Aug 2013
That bastard Mendoza annoys the heck out of me ugh.

Emma...was that Paku/Park Romi's voice I heard? *checks* Indeed. This pleases me.
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Oct 11, 2014 1:29 AM

Aug 2013
It has enough action in this anime, and the story seems to begin to take a turn
The heroine appears? The plot looks really nice ..
Oct 11, 2014 2:00 AM

Dec 2012
xchee said:
That bastard Mendoza annoys the heck out of me ugh.

Emma...was that Paku/Park Romi's voice I heard? *checks* Indeed. This pleases me.

Mhm! Teresa's voice fits perfectly in a medieval story and that
was a very awkward deja vu and coincidence.
Oct 11, 2014 3:01 AM

Dec 2011
Ladies man eh...

The episode overall was ok and the action was decent.
"Let justice be done, though the heavens fall."
Oct 11, 2014 3:56 AM

May 2012
much better than 1st episode. The anime deserve way more than 7.22
Oct 11, 2014 4:27 AM

Sep 2014
Even better than the first episode, I really enjoy this series so far.
[b]Men talk of killing time, while time quietly kills them.

Oct 11, 2014 8:34 AM
Jan 2008
zellami said:

What's the difference b/w knights and alchemists? The later use magic to seal Horrors, or summon sort of single weapon instead a full Makai armor?

http://garo.wikia.com/wiki/Makai_Priest puzzled why Funimation translated Hōshi as Alchemist
Oct 11, 2014 12:18 PM

Jul 2011
Oh my oh my oh my this is getting even more interesting!
And i think i fell in love with those two female character introduced this episode, Emma and that white haired old loli.
And Octavia seems quite intriguing too, i love her design.

The CG looks even better this episode, i feel that the CGI knight armor kinda blending smoother in this episode.

impressed.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Garo: Honoo no Kokuin Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 9, 2015

65 by macabongx »»
Nov 8, 2023 4:02 PM

Poll: » Garo: Honoo no Kokuin Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Feb 6, 2015

204 by Inexplicable »»
Oct 4, 2022 3:50 PM

Poll: » Garo: Honoo no Kokuin Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 3, 2014

169 by Inexplicable »»
Oct 3, 2022 3:40 PM

» 2nd half is a lot better than first

Barry_Allen_14 - Aug 16, 2021

2 by Scythe97 »»
Sep 30, 2022 3:52 AM

Poll: » Garo: Honoo no Kokuin Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 13, 2015

89 by Creepyarea »»
Sep 17, 2022 1:42 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.