Forum Settings
Forums

What separates a REAL anime watcher from a FAKE one?

New
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Sep 9, 2016 6:49 PM

Jul 2015
A fake anime watcher claims they saw every episode of anime x but they never seen a single episode.

I think you're trying to ask what is a casual. Or shitposting.
Sep 10, 2016 7:00 AM

Dec 2012
What. I haven't encountered one yet.

but i guess its if they act like they know the anime except
they don't actually watch it?

"What's naruto's last name?"
"Shippuden"

© 花巻 花郎 @ pixiv.net
Sep 10, 2016 8:48 AM

Sep 2015
I'll agree with what someone posted before if you only watch or series like One piece and Naruto and nothing else. I have a friend at work who talks about watching anime and liking anime so we talked about what he watches and he said One Piece and Naruto XD I about died. I've recommended great anime to watch but they only enjoy watching One piece. That to me is a fake anime watcher.
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/QcK_Dagger_HeaT&sclick=1][IMG]
Sep 10, 2016 9:31 AM

Feb 2016
Were all fakes...<dramatic theme>

Oshii is probably the only director that loves dogs. He thinks he's a dog himself.

That's right, its slime! It will dissolve your clothing slowly before my eyes!

Sep 10, 2016 9:35 AM

Feb 2010
If you don't actually watch anime you're not a real anime watcher.

Shocking, right?
I probably regret this post by now.
Sep 10, 2016 5:48 PM

Jun 2015
This is a lot like the topic of what makes a "real gamer".
Sep 10, 2016 5:55 PM

Jun 2015
Not even good bait.

Plus Ginga isn't top 10 quality in my book.
Sep 10, 2016 6:01 PM

Mar 2016
A real anime watcher watches anime a fake anime wacther does not watch anime :D
Sep 10, 2016 6:04 PM

May 2016
If you watch anime, you're an anime watcher.
If you don't watch anime, you're not an anime watcher.

I hope it isn't too shocking for you.
Sep 10, 2016 6:04 PM

Sep 2016
Who cares really? It's like asking whats the difference between being called and otaku and a weeboo nobody really cares
MONIKA ONLY
Sep 10, 2016 6:24 PM

Jul 2015
I suppose a real anime watcher is a verified flesh and blood human who occasinally watch anime while a fake one would be like a wax figure or something.
Sep 11, 2016 12:46 AM

Jul 2013
This is pretty much subjective topic.
But I think
Real anime watcher are someone who doesn't care about being real or fake. He/She just watch whatever he/she likes and that's it.
The point where the darkness lies
Is the place I hide my true self
Are you prepared to open your eyes?
Cause between those line is yourself
Sep 11, 2016 12:56 AM
Sep 2016
I think that an Anime watcher don´t Need to watch 29473929348239 Anime xD Just watch what you like!
An Anime watcher, watch Anime.
A "fake "Anime watcher don´t watch Anime (´∀`)
Sep 11, 2016 3:55 AM

Mar 2016
Whether or not he's a mannequin or a volleyball with a face. The first one is a faker, the last one is the most dedicated Anime fan I know.

Right, buddy?

(Boku No Pico music plays)

NO! WILSON!
Mrs. Landingham, what's next?
Sep 11, 2016 3:58 AM
Aug 2015
A fake anime watcher pretends he watches anime, a real anime watcher really watches anime. Oh, and self-proclaimed otakus should be sent to another planet.
Sep 29, 2016 12:50 PM

Sep 2016
I'm a replica Anime Watcher. See, you'd SWEAR I was a real one, but if you take me to Rick Harrison and he calls in an expert, he'll let you know that I'm worth $100 even though your grandpa said I was real and was once touched by Akira Toriyama.

You will settle on $50 and Chumlee will have to ring it up...it's a limited market :(
Sep 29, 2016 1:55 PM

Feb 2015
Sep 29, 2016 2:53 PM

Aug 2016
you can tell by how glorious their neckbeard is.

stubbly neckbeards are the mark of casuals

slán abhaile corcaigh
Níl aon tinteán mar do thinteán féin

☘ ☘ ☘

Currently stealing your heart,
your women and also your job

Sep 29, 2016 4:03 PM

Aug 2015
A fake anime watcher is someone who watches trash anime in dub. You must only watch good anime and it has to be in Japanese without subs.
SomeEdgeLord said:

I WILL report you from this forum if this continues.
In real life, I am one of the coldest, unsympathetic, people you'll ever know, who's grown up in an even colder household, you really don't want me to break my persona, I know how to make people feel bad.

YearnsforAttention said:
hm who has 1656 friends on MAL
that's right me
bye bye

YearnsforAttention said:
I don't want your approval
how many damn times do I need to say it
I enjoy irritating you
I am gonna do things MY way
Oct 14, 2018 12:59 AM
Aug 2018
ask them what their favorite anime is and if they say anything along the lines of naruto or bleach then there fake
Oct 14, 2018 1:02 AM
Sep 2017
A 'real' anime watcher does not have a MAL account and is too busy actually watching anime.
“There is an art, it says, or rather, a knack to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground ... and miss."
Oct 14, 2018 1:04 AM

Feb 2018
You ll notice the difference once you start talking to them about anime or manga.
If they are still disturbed by incest etc they probably haven't seen all that many shows xd.
Oct 14, 2018 1:22 AM

Nov 2017
- There is a pack that called "I've seen a lot of anime" Starter Pack (i cant give the pack image bcoz i dont save it)
- and There is a pack that called "I am a mature anime fan and i am superior to others" Starter pack.
Are you the one of the above?
Now Loading.....
Oct 14, 2018 2:22 AM

Jan 2018
bondtux said:
- There is a pack that called "I've seen a lot of anime" Starter Pack (i cant give the pack image bcoz i dont save it)
- and There is a pack that called "I am a mature anime fan and i am superior to others" Starter pack.

I've never seen such person using these anime to instill their taste upon others though except for AoT. It's usually gets labelled as edgy by some.
Oct 14, 2018 2:26 AM

Nov 2017
hazecloud said:

I've never seen such person using these anime to instill their taste upon others though except for AoT. It's usually gets labelled as edgy by some.

Good for you... i already tired from some fans that called themself superior or something like that. oh, i dont blame other fans bcoz of these.

do you join an anime group on fb?
Now Loading.....
Oct 14, 2018 2:29 AM

Jan 2018
bondtux said:
hazecloud said:

Good for you... i already tired from some fans that called themself superior or something like that. oh, i dont blame other fans bcoz of these.

do you join an anime group on fb?

Ahh anime group, on facebook. Say no more.
Oct 14, 2018 2:31 AM

Jan 2018
Ask them about some anime,that's it.There's no real thing to separate one from another.^^
Oct 14, 2018 2:33 AM

Jul 2017
The one that watches anime is the "real" anime fan ofc.
Oct 14, 2018 2:39 AM

Feb 2016
specifically what this thread is trying to say is if you watch anime then you are an "Anime Watcher". Thats it.

Oct 14, 2018 3:08 AM

Jul 2014
Carefree859 said:
Olem said:
What's a "fake" anime watcher? o_O

You either do or you don't, no..?

what i mean by fake is that some people say that they like anime but 2 hours later a friend comes by
and sees it and that person who likes anime is like what the hell is this shit?

you see where i'm going with this?

Well, I think you just answered your own question. Although, I wouldn't call them "fake". Insecure is a better term.
Oct 14, 2018 3:12 AM

Jun 2017
Fake anime watcher?

What u mean the ones who add anime they haven't watched to their completed anime list?

Oct 14, 2018 3:28 AM
Sep 2018
Would I be fake anime watcher if I watch 2 episodes of anime a month at most? If you mean how people view anime as a whole, then I'm going to need another paragraph.

So someone who doesn't enjoy watching anime in their time obviously wouldn't be REAL. If they only watch one series and thats it.. well its not a situation where no matter the amount you watch, you will always be REAL.

What i'm saying? If you don't mind watching anime, even if you don't watch that much at all, you can't possibly be FAKE. If you don't like the anime society on forums and social, but still like watching the occasional anime, you're still REAL. Simply put, If you don't enjoy anime and/or you think little of those who watch anime, FAKE until further notice.
Anime is pathetic. So am I for being a part of this community.
Oct 14, 2018 3:30 AM

May 2014
The real one watches anime, the fake one doesn't.
Oct 14, 2018 3:34 AM

Oct 2013
If you dedicate your time to watch anime then you're an anime watcher. If not, you aren't one as easy as that.

(I guess to some people being an anime watcher has to validate greater standards now LOL)
Oct 14, 2018 3:43 AM

Nov 2016
I'm done lol.

There are either people who watch it or not, end of the story.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Oct 14, 2018 3:49 AM

Jul 2014
Manolas said:
Would I be fake anime watcher if I watch 2 episodes of anime a month at most? If you mean how people view anime as a whole, then I'm going to need another paragraph.

So someone who doesn't enjoy watching anime in their time obviously wouldn't be REAL. If they only watch one series and thats it.. well its not a situation where no matter the amount you watch, you will always be REAL.

What i'm saying? If you don't mind watching anime, even if you don't watch that much at all, you can't possibly be FAKE. If you don't like the anime society on forums and social, but still like watching the occasional anime, you're still REAL. Simply put, If you don't enjoy anime and/or you think little of those who watch anime, FAKE until further notice.

It could be argued that they don't like anime. They just like that one specific show. Kinda like how I don't like mecha shows, but I do like Gurren Lagann, Cross Ange, and Scrapped Princess.

It'd be absurd to say I like those two shows therefore I must like all mecha shows because that's not the case. The same, I think, goes for this hypothetical person. They like the show, but not the broader medium of anime.
Oct 14, 2018 5:44 AM
Mar 2018
Yes, rise! RISE necro thread! It is time to feast upon the living!

To me, the real fans can range from casual viewers who like a series to someone who engages with the community in some way, collects home releases and watches the new seasons, the stuff casual viewers don't really do
Fake anime fans will see iconography or symbols from a series and think it's cool, so they'd be cool if they said they are into it, but have watched 3 episodes and dropped a series, pretending their experts. When asked, they don't know anything about the plot or themes and don't know the meaning behind certain symbols and icons.
It's the same thing as fake gamers, it's the people who call link Zelda and samus metroid.
Topic of the day; why can't metroid crawl?
Oct 15, 2018 4:11 AM

Jul 2014
Manolas said:
SithSteel said:

It could be argued that they don't like anime. They just like that one specific show. Kinda like how I don't like mecha shows, but I do like Gurren Lagann, Cross Ange, and Scrapped Princess.

It'd be absurd to say I like those two shows therefore I must like all mecha shows because that's not the case. The same, I think, goes for this hypothetical person. They like the show, but not the broader medium of anime.

I agree! I believe there isn't an answer for everything, we shouldn't think of it too much.

Indeed. At the end of the day, it doesn't really matter.
Oct 15, 2018 5:30 AM

Oct 2018
Real anime watchers watch anime upside down.

Holding on is believing that there's only a past. Letting go is knowing that there's a future.
Oct 15, 2018 5:55 AM

May 2018
Carefree859 said:

what i mean by fake is that some people say that they like anime but 2 hours later a friend comes by
and sees it and that person who likes anime is like what the hell is this shit?

you see where i'm going with this?

Those are real anime fans too but haven't lost their humanity yet.
They still have shame.

bondtux said:

More like "My shit taste in anime is edgier" but ain't.
alshuOct 15, 2018 6:01 AM
Oct 15, 2018 6:00 AM

Jan 2016
A real anime watcher watch Shounen and Isekai things.
Oct 15, 2018 6:02 AM

Jun 2017
A real anime watcher never makes alt accounts...
Oct 15, 2018 6:03 AM

Aug 2017
im the only real anime watcher so everyone else is a fake
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 15, 2018 6:16 AM

Mar 2018
A real anime watcher.............watches anime.
That's all there is to it.
Beelzebub has a devil put aside for me.
Oct 15, 2018 8:06 PM

Nov 2017
alshu said:

hahhahaha... i'll take your advice and change the shit right away..
Now Loading.....
Oct 15, 2018 8:08 PM

Feb 2010
The difference is watching anime, and watching anime at 2x speed or just reading wiki synopsis. If you do everything to can to minimize the amount of time you actually spend on watching anime, just so you can 'join the conversation' about them, that's a fraud.
I probably regret this post by now.
Oct 15, 2018 8:10 PM

Aug 2016
One watches anime and the other doesn't.
Who are you and why do you show your hostility towards a complete stranger whom you've not once spoken with before. Are you seriously asking to get blocked? Well, if that's what your intent is; to tempt me into throwing hands with someone as lowly and insignificant as you, then i may grant your wish provided you articulate yourself a bit better when trying to spite a person of my wavelength.
Oct 15, 2018 11:33 PM

May 2018
bondtux said:
alshu said:

hahhahaha... i'll take your advice and change the shit right away..

You can't change shit because the shit ingredient is important.
All anime taste is shit taste.

Not having shit taste is proving that you are indeed a fake anime watcher.
Oct 15, 2018 11:37 PM

Sep 2018
I think we all are anime watchers. The problem is when ppl think they are better or there are others worse than them. It's anime not studies or work... They want to prove themselves better and argue about anything even if they are talking potatos. It's funny.
Oct 15, 2018 11:52 PM

Nov 2017
alshu said:

You can't change shit because the shit ingredient is important.
All anime taste is shit taste.

Not having shit taste is proving that you are indeed a fake anime watcher.

I'll make it sure that the shit taste become more spicy and tastier.
Now Loading.....
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

» Is it ok to finish anime you don't enjoy ?

Alpha_1_Zero - 3 hours ago

22 by epidemia78 »»
11 minutes ago

» Upcoming Dubbed Anime ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kenny_Stryker - Dec 17, 2017

9051 by appledude1221 »»
22 minutes ago

Poll: » Best Russian in anime

Catalano - Yesterday

36 by piroriparopirira »»
38 minutes ago

» What anime do a lot of people consider to be one of the greatest that you think is just good? ( 1 2 )

arinthach - Yesterday

65 by Sorachin »»
47 minutes ago

» Characters that ya think are a Genderbent You

IpreferEcchi - Apr 15

32 by Soverign »»
47 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.