Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Dec 11, 2014 2:38 PM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 20018
Because why the fuck do King Arthur and that one Irish dude both sound like Americans.
 
Dec 11, 2014 3:14 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2013
Posts: 5523
fst said:
Because why the fuck do King Arthur and that one Irish dude both sound like Americans.
Cause 'Merica!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
 
Dec 11, 2014 3:26 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2013
Posts: 21890
mickdrew_99 said:
fst said:
Because why the fuck do King Arthur and that one Irish dude both sound like Americans.
Cause 'Murica!
Fixed.
 
Dec 11, 2014 3:52 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2014
Posts: 9024
fst said:
Because why the fuck do King Arthur and that one Irish dude both sound like Americans.

Oh GOD, the accents will kill me. I will die. They will be that funny. M8 accents in Europe are fucking hilarious. God, Seiba's accent will be priceless. I can't imagine an irish one on Dia-chan tho. Lol, Lancer would fit perfectly. Gil's accent tho...
The sun is a deadly laser
 
Dec 11, 2014 3:58 PM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 20018
Oh god yes, please if only they had made Gil give his exorbitant rants in the accent of Ahmed the dead terrorist.
 
Dec 11, 2014 4:06 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2014
Posts: 9024
Hehehe, Nero would have an Italian accent, I bet. The thought alone is side-splitting. Accents from all over. I know it's bad to laugh but.....it would be impossible to take seriously....
The sun is a deadly laser
 
Dec 11, 2014 4:14 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2013
Posts: 5523
British accents have worked in anime before. i.e. The voice actress who played Integra in Hellsing Ultimate.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
 
Dec 11, 2014 11:30 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2014
Posts: 9024
It would still be fucking hilarious.
The sun is a deadly laser
 
Dec 11, 2014 11:46 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2013
Posts: 5523
So kinda like this then.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
 
Dec 12, 2014 12:28 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2013
Posts: 27899
So wait, so the only adaptation for the Fate/Stay night route is the 2006 production, because 2014 is the UBW route, right? So wouldn't it be good for anime-only watchers to still watch the 2006 anime to get some background information, I mean it's not rated that bad. Or is the information you get out of it simply wrong?
 
Dec 12, 2014 12:50 AM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2009
Posts: 17402
The 2006 anime contradicts the VN,FZ and FSN 2014 from the very first second.

And yes except from name dropping some terms and names the entirety of 2006 anime doesnt offer anything FSN 2014 did in like 3 eps.

Honestly anyone that wants to know Fate's story can just read teh Fate route while UBW is airing or during the break.
 
Dec 12, 2014 12:58 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2012
Posts: 3648
Gator said:
So wait, so the only adaptation for the Fate/Stay night route is the 2006 production, because 2014 is the UBW route, right? So wouldn't it be good for anime-only watchers to still watch the 2006 anime to get some background information, I mean it's not rated that bad. Or is the information you get out of it simply wrong?


Don't listen to the priests. They are trying to troll people with their IRC group. The 2006 version is pretty good. It gives Sakura more character development than the UFO version where she just cooks and says senpai all day.
As a child, I was told that society is a melting pot of talents; knowledge and experience combined to form important alloys that will contribute to mankind. When I got to highschool, however, I thought that it's more like a river in which the water represents our peers while we ourselves are the stones in the river. Constant erosion by mindless majority sheeping has made us lose our unique edge. After I hit the age of 18, I realized that I've been wrong all along. Society is no melting pot. Society is no river. Society is a person, a very skilled rapist, and he has fucked us all.
 
Dec 12, 2014 1:03 AM

Offline
Joined: May 2014
Posts: 7317
Gator said:
So wait, so the only adaptation for the Fate/Stay night route is the 2006 production, because 2014 is the UBW route, right? So wouldn't it be good for anime-only watchers to still watch the 2006 anime to get some background information, I mean it's not rated that bad. Or is the information you get out of it simply wrong?


If you really really don't want to read the first route of the VN, I guess you can watch it to get an Idea of what the fate route was about.

Many people started on FSN 2006 but it just butchered so much stuff.
 
Dec 12, 2014 1:16 AM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2014
Posts: 159
BloodRequiem said:
It gives Sakura more character development than the UFO version where she just cooks and says senpai all day.

I just wanted to tell yo before I go to bed - you're a special kind of beautiful. Keep doing whatever it is you're doing.
 
Dec 12, 2014 1:37 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2013
Posts: 27899
Yeah I really don't want to read the VN :D Okay so it's not a completely bad idea, I mean the if the story differs from UBW I'm fine with it, just don't wanna watch the same thing twice.
 
Dec 12, 2014 1:46 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2013
Posts: 2834
Gator said:
Yeah I really don't want to read the VN :D Okay so it's not a completely bad idea, I mean the if the story differs from UBW I'm fine with it, just don't wanna watch the same thing twice.
Some parts will be the same, though, because DEEN took the liberty of taking scenes from both UBW and Heaven's Feel. That anime also fails to represent many of the characters correctly and several scenes directly contradict FZ and the other sources.

Though I'm personally interested why you don't want to read the VN. It's almost just like a book. You don't like that?
 
Dec 12, 2014 1:50 AM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2014
Posts: 8307
It can be quite boring sometimes but it was worth the read. Watch it on youtube if you can't be bothered to buy it. It did take 100hours for me though.

Anime is good, fucking deal with it.
 
Dec 12, 2014 1:56 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2013
Posts: 2834
black1blade said:
It can be quite boring sometimes but it was worth the read. Watch it on youtube if you can't be bothered to buy it. It did take 100hours for me though.
That's because you're slow. Fast readers need 1/3 of the time you took. And for Fate and the Prologue alone, around 10-15 hours. Twice the time one needs to watch the 2006 anime, but far better done.
 
Dec 12, 2014 2:01 AM

Offline
Joined: May 2014
Posts: 7317
CorePriest said:
black1blade said:
It can be quite boring sometimes but it was worth the read. Watch it on youtube if you can't be bothered to buy it. It did take 100hours for me though.
That's because you're slow. Fast readers need 1/3 of the time you took. And for Fate and the Prologue alone, around 10-15 hours. Twice the time one needs to watch the 2006 anime, but far better done.


I'm actually a pretty fast reader, but mostly I like taking my time. That's like getting a good meal and eating it as fast as you can.
 
Dec 12, 2014 2:08 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2013
Posts: 2834
WrongPriest said:
CorePriest said:
That's because you're slow. Fast readers need 1/3 of the time you took. And for Fate and the Prologue alone, around 10-15 hours. Twice the time one needs to watch the 2006 anime, but far better done.


I'm actually a pretty fast reader, but mostly I like taking my time. That's like getting a good meal and eating it as fast as you can.
I wouldn't really compare it with eating meals. 15 hours for Fate and Prologue is pretty average. Besides, when I read a good book, I read extremely fast because of excitement and I can still geniunely enjoy it.
 
Dec 12, 2014 2:08 AM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2014
Posts: 8307
It's the youtube video I watched not my reading speed. If I was to speed read it I could probably do 30 hours but I would miss all the voices.

Anime is good, fucking deal with it.
 
Dec 12, 2014 2:09 AM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2014
Posts: 8307
I'm finding it hard to get into with f/ha so far. Maybe it's the lack of voices.

Anime is good, fucking deal with it.
 
Dec 12, 2014 2:14 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2013
Posts: 2834
black1blade said:
I'm finding it hard to get into with f/ha so far. Maybe it's the lack of voices.
Buy the Vita version and enjoy some capsule servant.
 
Dec 12, 2014 2:16 AM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2014
Posts: 8307
Yeah I'll just learn japanese in the time it takes to ship.

Anime is good, fucking deal with it.
 
Dec 12, 2014 2:24 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2013
Posts: 2834
black1blade said:
Yeah I'll just learn japanese in the time it takes to ship.
That's the spirit. And then you don't have to wait for a Mahoyo patch, either!

Well, I guess the Vita version didn't change much, so you can theoretically listen to the voices, while having the English script open (that's too much of a hassle, I guess, haha). I think Kotonoha was bored and even translated Capsule Servant.
 
Dec 12, 2014 2:28 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2013
Posts: 27899
CorePriest said:
Gator said:
Yeah I really don't want to read the VN :D Okay so it's not a completely bad idea, I mean the if the story differs from UBW I'm fine with it, just don't wanna watch the same thing twice.
Some parts will be the same, though, because DEEN took the liberty of taking scenes from both UBW and Heaven's Feel. That anime also fails to represent many of the characters correctly and several scenes directly contradict FZ and the other sources.

Though I'm personally interested why you don't want to read the VN. It's almost just like a book. You don't like that?

Hm okay scenes from UBW being in it is kinda annoying... But if it's not telling the same story I might just watch it, else I'll have to wait forever anyway for the UBW TV series to finish ^^

The VN takes too long to read, I rather watch more anime in that time. Right now I'm not into reading books.
 
Dec 12, 2014 2:38 AM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2009
Posts: 17402
Reading ONLY the Fate route is like watching the anime twice.

Way better than slowly losing brain cells with the old FSN.
 
Dec 12, 2014 2:43 AM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2014
Posts: 159
Gator said:
The VN takes too long to read, I rather watch more anime in that time. Right now I'm not into reading books.

Even if it's a moving picture book, with lights and sounds and voice acting? Idc though, if you watch the anime you might well enjoy it. It's what I watched first, and I enjoyed it at the time, even if much preferred the Visual novel afterward. Your choice broski.
 
Dec 12, 2014 2:43 AM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2013
Posts: 21890
Honestly, skip the prologue which is 4 hours I think, and you can even skip the first 3 days from Shirou's POV since the anime did a decent job with them (inb4 Fai saying the lack of monologues in Lancer fight was NOT okay...), actually skip the whole thing with the church, just make sure you know what triggers the difference between Fate and UBW.

That should cut down at least 5 hours or so, and just read the rest. 10 hours isn't too much considering the anime by DEEN is 8.5 hours, and it has nothing to do with the franchise.
 
Dec 12, 2014 2:46 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2013
Posts: 2834
Well, stuff like the Reality Marble explanation is left out, but I guess one can actually skip large parts already, considering ufotable has done a very good job.
 
Dec 12, 2014 9:15 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2014
Posts: 10463
CorePriest said:
Well, stuff like the Reality Marble explanation is left out, but I guess one can actually skip large parts already, considering ufotable has done a very good job.
Well, it actually wasn't but people will have to wait for the BD's to see that. Still don't know why they decided to shorten the prologue.
Proud founder of The Official Anti-Ging Freecss Fan Club Join now!
Kellhus said:
GuusWayne said:
there is a limit to the suspension of disbelief

And it's the fan that did it. Not the smoking porn reading rubik cube genius rape ape with a magic boat.
 
Dec 12, 2014 10:19 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2013
Posts: 5523
The only thing that DEEN's FSN should be used for is to see some parts of the Fate route animated - and that's only AFTER you finish the route in the VN and only IF you are curious enough.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
 
Dec 12, 2014 10:26 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2014
Posts: 9024
mickdrew_99 said:
So kinda like this then.


What is this? And why did I laugh so hard at it?
The sun is a deadly laser
 
Dec 12, 2014 10:29 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2013
Posts: 5523
mira-lala said:
mickdrew_99 said:
So kinda like this then.


What is this? And why did I laugh so hard at it?


- It's Fate/Zero if dubbed by Team Fortress 2

- Because it's hilarious
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
 
Dec 12, 2014 10:36 PM

Offline
Joined: May 2014
Posts: 7317
mickdrew_99 said:
mira-lala said:


What is this? And why did I laugh so hard at it?


- It's Fate/Zero if dubbed by Team Fortress 2

- Because it's hilarious
As much as I like Gigguk you can't beat Fate/Cero's dub.

Saber - "Oh no! We've been blazed!"

Caster- "I desire the cooch of the blonde one"
 
Dec 12, 2014 10:44 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2013
Posts: 2834
GangstaPriest said:
CorePriest said:
Well, stuff like the Reality Marble explanation is left out, but I guess one can actually skip large parts already, considering ufotable has done a very good job.
Well, it actually wasn't but people will have to wait for the BD's to see that. Still don't know why they decided to shorten the prologue.
I'm aware of that. For now it's left out and if Gator theoretically wanted to read it, he should not skip that scene, that's my point.
 
Dec 12, 2014 11:55 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2014
Posts: 9024
WrongPriest said:
mickdrew_99 said:


- It's Fate/Zero if dubbed by Team Fortress 2

- Because it's hilarious
As much as I like Gigguk you can't beat Fate/Cero's dub.

Saber - "Oh no! We've been blazed!"

Caster- "I desire the cooch of the blonde one"


OMG Fate/Cero was glorious.
The sun is a deadly laser
 
Dec 13, 2014 1:24 AM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2013
Posts: 21890
CapsuleCore said:
GangstaPriest said:
Well, it actually wasn't but people will have to wait for the BD's to see that. Still don't know why they decided to shorten the prologue.
I'm aware of that. For now it's left out and if Gator theoretically wanted to read it, he should not skip that scene, that's my point.
You changed your name and avatar! O:

Anyway, it's still loads better than watching DEENight...
I mean, it's not covered there either.
 
Dec 13, 2014 2:30 AM

Offline
Joined: May 2014
Posts: 7317
Wait is Capsule core = Corepriest?

How did I not see that..
 
Dec 13, 2014 2:36 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2014
Posts: 9024
WrongPriest said:
Wait is Capsule core = Corepriest?

How did I not see that..

Cos your moustache is blinding you.
The sun is a deadly laser
 
Dec 13, 2014 2:39 AM

Offline
Joined: May 2014
Posts: 7317
I'm scared for the change guys.. You all had names before this but.. t-this is all I have.

Without Wrongpriest.. What am I?
 
Dec 13, 2014 2:41 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2014
Posts: 9024
WrongPriest said:
I'm scared for the change guys.. You all had names before this but.. t-this is all I have.

Without Wrongpriest.. What am I?


You are a Sakura fag with a moustache.
The sun is a deadly laser
 
Dec 13, 2014 4:10 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2013
Posts: 2834
WrongPriest said:
Wait is Capsule core = Corepriest?

How did I not see that..
My name used to be C-Core. Just saying.
 
Dec 13, 2014 4:15 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2014
Posts: 9024
CapsuleCore said:
WrongPriest said:
Wait is Capsule core = Corepriest?

How did I not see that..
My name used to be C-Core. Just saying.


Tsundere name.
The sun is a deadly laser
 
Dec 13, 2014 4:43 AM
something here

Offline
Joined: Aug 2014
Posts: 10803
WrongPriest said:
mickdrew_99 said:


- It's Fate/Zero if dubbed by Team Fortress 2

- Because it's hilarious
As much as I like Gigguk you can't beat Fate/Cero's dub.

Saber - "Oh no! We've been blazed!"

Caster- "I desire the cooch of the blonde one"

Just checked this out.
That was great lol.
 
Dec 13, 2014 5:40 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2014
Posts: 789
InsertPriestHere said:
WrongPriest said:
As much as I like Gigguk you can't beat Fate/Cero's dub.

Saber - "Oh no! We've been blazed!"

Caster- "I desire the cooch of the blonde one"

Just checked this out.
That was great lol.


Fate/Cero Berserker is perfect.
 
Dec 13, 2014 5:47 AM

Offline
Joined: May 2014
Posts: 7317
ANGRY2011 said:
InsertPriestHere said:

Just checked this out.
That was great lol.


Fate/Cero Berserker is perfect.


I love any character abridged with PurpleEyes's voice (I think it's him.)

But I love Saber's voice the most, and Lancer's is pretty great too, does a good Kermit de frog.
 
Dec 13, 2014 5:49 AM
something here

Offline
Joined: Aug 2014
Posts: 10803
Well it's purpleeyeswtf so no surprise there.
I liked Sabers reactions to him too; "Sir Lancelot!"
 
Dec 13, 2014 5:50 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2014
Posts: 789
InsertPriestHere said:
Well it's purpleeyeswtf so no surprise there.
I liked Sabers reactions to him too; "Sir Lancelot!"


*adjust pitch up 10* SIR LANCELOT!
 
Dec 13, 2014 5:59 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2014
Posts: 9024
ANGRY2011 said:
InsertPriestHere said:
Well it's purpleeyeswtf so no surprise there.
I liked Sabers reactions to him too; "Sir Lancelot!"


*adjust pitch up 10* SIR LANCELOT!


Dammit, was gonna say that >n<
The sun is a deadly laser
 
Top
Pages (16) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »