Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Oct 9, 2014 10:58 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
It thought this was a decent episode. Monday is freaking out a bit there...sigh.

It felt like a buildup episode but I think Aida is getting used to her new living conditions now. Some oddball comedy aside, I think the show is on the right track. Kinda curious about the origin of Aida's machine though. Weird ending though with the weird OST.
Oct 9, 2014 11:00 AM

Nov 2012
WHAT!? EPISODE 3!?
okay, *waiting patiently*
IF YOU LIKE DEATH PARADE, GO WATCH BARTENDER!!!
my animesongs chord thread : here bro
Oct 9, 2014 11:12 AM

Jan 2011
Good episode. Looks like the main characters are with the Amerians now. G-Arcane next ep!
[center]
Oct 9, 2014 4:33 PM

Jul 2007
*yawn*

Still don't care about any of characters or setting.
Still have no idea what the fuck is going on or why should I care it is going on.
The art style is still horrible and the animation meh.
2/5

One more episode and dropping this shit.
Oct 9, 2014 5:10 PM
Oct 2010
Was that one girl really just twirling in that dude's office? HAHAHAHAHA and did that dude really feel up that other girl's ass there? Dude moved like a pro lmao.

CookingPriest said:
*yawn*

Still have no idea what the fuck is going on or why should I care it is going on.
The art style is still horrible and the animation meh.
2/5

While I could understand not liking the artstyle but the animation is good.
GD1551Oct 9, 2014 6:51 PM
Oct 9, 2014 5:33 PM
Jul 2011
Haha. I love the quirkiness of this show. :D
The animation is also well done in my opinion. :)
Oct 9, 2014 5:47 PM

Aug 2007
It was an all right ep. Animation wise it look really good this time. Wow. Things are progressing pretty fast. I wasn't expecting Aida to escape already along with MC and even Monday. Well nice build up I wonder how things will go down next ep?

Sent with Mal Updater
Oct 9, 2014 6:09 PM

Jun 2013
I'm getting teary eyed by some of this shit dude. I missed Tomino so fucking much. Getting a serious urge to watch all of the 20th century Gundams again.

THIS, ladies and gentlemen, is REAL anime. It just doesn't get better than this.
Oct 9, 2014 6:23 PM

Feb 2014
This is going to be anime of the season for me. The characters are wonderful, the design of them and the mechas are awesome as hell, I love the animation style and the soundtrack is pretty good too. Can't judge the story until we actually get at least half way through, but I'm enjoying it.

Also getting to see all those wild animals in this episode was pretty neat!
Oct 9, 2014 6:25 PM

Jul 2011
I was getting some pretty good vibes from this episode. It's just amazing to be getting a true Tomino Gundam, even if it's not his best work. The action sequence at the end felt like completely legit Tomino though, it was awesome.

CookingPriest said:
*yawn*

I don't think you would offend anyone if you went ahead and took your impatient ADD elsewhere before next week.
KellhusOct 9, 2014 6:30 PM
Oct 9, 2014 6:31 PM

Oct 2012
I'm still iffy on some things but because it's Gundam I plan on sticking through until the end so hopefully my patience will be rewarded.
Oct 9, 2014 6:36 PM

Dec 2007
lol, looking at reactions to the last couple eps--this is a Tomino series through and through, and I see it's got people confused af. lol, gonna end up just being UC fans by the end of it all.
Jumping in Headfirst - I hear reading it causes immortality. Warning. Reading may not actually cause immortality.
Oct 9, 2014 6:45 PM

Jun 2013
SageShinigami said:
lol, gonna end up just being UC fans by the end of it all.

Which is a very good thing. We don't need that cancer in Gundam, especially UC. Imagine a highschool Gundam where the pilots are moe lolis.

Gundam is really one of the last few pure things anime has.
Oct 9, 2014 6:52 PM
Oct 2010
The dialogue was also a lot better than the previous two episodes. I would have been pretty bummed if they kept up that frankly awful level of dialogue throughout the show.
Oct 9, 2014 6:55 PM
Oct 2010
I have to say that I'm hating the fact that none of the characters seem to be taking anything seriously. The fighting was plain weak, the characters reactions were weak, and there was comedy in a show that's supposed to be serious going by past titles. I'm seriously disappointed right now. Of course this is just my opinion.
Oct 9, 2014 7:00 PM
Oct 2010
crazykaran94 said:
I have to say that I'm hating the fact that none of the characters seem to be taking anything seriously. The fighting was plain weak, the characters reactions were weak, and there was comedy in a show that's supposed to be serious going by past titles. I'm seriously disappointed right now. Of course this is just my opinion.

You know this is a kids show right? I'm just making sure. BTW also I just remembered, I thought this was supposed to be an AU show and not UC? When did that change.
Oct 9, 2014 7:13 PM

Jan 2008
Well, there's no denying the call of nature. As for the music playing when he was doing his "business"...did they just break the fourth wall by saying the designer must like it?

Edit:
Those cock-pits are the most versatile ones I've seen in any Gundam series. That, or they've always had something like it for relieving themselves in space, but it was always off-screen.
Estoy_GordoOct 9, 2014 7:17 PM
Oct 9, 2014 7:14 PM

Jun 2013
skudoops said:
crazykaran94 said:

You know this is a kids show right? I'm just making sure. BTW also I just remembered, I thought this was supposed to be an AU show and not UC? When did that change.

Well AGE was supposed to be a kid show too, but IIRC the average viewer age was in their 40s. This is definitely more lighthearted than recent Gundams, but it feels like it could get quite dark. It feels a lot like Turn A, but I am getting some Victory vibes too.

4kicks said:
Well, there's no denying the call of nature. As for the music playing when he was doing his "business"...did they just break the fourth wall by saying the designer must like it?

Yeah, pretty sure that was talking about Tomino and that was some song he liked.
Oct 9, 2014 7:31 PM
Oct 2010
ex_necross said:
skudoops said:

Well AGE was supposed to be a kid show too, but IIRC the average viewer age was in their 40s. This is definitely more lighthearted than recent Gundams, but it feels like it could get quite dark. It feels a lot like Turn A, but I am getting some Victory vibes too.

Yeah, I was just telling him why the jokes where there in the first place. I'm still kinda shocked that I just realized this was UC.. haha, I guess this is tomino's way of starting a new "chapter" in the UC timeline to capture a new fanbase since the older one won't be around forever.
Oct 9, 2014 7:35 PM
Jul 2018
Good episode.

The main characters are with American forces now.
Oct 9, 2014 7:38 PM
Mar 2012
The ending was hilarious, Bellri was taking a number two with all the girls surrounding him XD
Oct 9, 2014 8:17 PM
Oct 9, 2014 9:08 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
What is up with Raraiya o_o And nice, everyone ends up in the cockpit. Aida seems to not care that they're there despite the fact that if she's leaving, she'll be taking them with her. She's a pretty chill character.
Oct 9, 2014 9:14 PM

Sep 2011
honestly i found this to be a really disappointing epsiode, the 2nd ended on a note that felt like they would explore more on but they just push it off to the side for a couple one off lines of dialogue, speaking of which good god is the dialogue in this show bad, I was already finding issue with it early on with ep 1 and to a much lesser extent 2 but this episode takes the cake, almost every single line was really lazy exposition, awkwardly placed context to characters, and conversations feeling like every person participating is talking about something completely different, as soon as im taken aback by its really gorgeous and creative world im immediately taken out of it by some really out of place line. The comedy while no where near as offensive is giving me some unpleasesnt memories of gundam zz's failed attempts at slapstick, this at least benefits from it matching the show's feel more though again following up last weeks episode with goofy slapstick is a bit of a turn off

The action in this episode was actually quite good and hope it stays like this over the course of the show, they kept it shorter and focused more on the non mech moments so it had a more entertaining value, one thing that has bothered my about the franchise as a whole is it feels like action is thrown in there as an excuse every episode, and while i fully expect every ep of reconguista to contain fights this felt less forced and less dragged out than how it is in other show of said format which i assume is thanks to the 2 cour length which could potentially work in this shows favor by giving it a hopefully more solid direction on where the plot will go with less padding, not asking for a grim dark show cause believe me i prefer this more light hearted approach, im more off put by the lack of consistency and that they pretty much toss the whole berril killed the captain thing to the side for only a few seconds worth of relavance before being dropped,

More or less my thoughts on this show are still pretty mixed, next ep could be fun seeing the "enemy's" way of life even though its quite obvious berril and the rest are gonna be staying with those guys for the rest of the series and it looks like its a chance to bring back the berril killing the captain into relavance again, hopefully the cringe worthy exposition will slowly fade out as the show goes on and its established its rules and world more.
JizzyHitlerOct 9, 2014 9:35 PM

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Oct 9, 2014 9:52 PM

Jun 2013
JizzyHitler said:
honestly i found this to be a really disappointing epsiode, the 2nd ended on a note that felt like they would explore more on but they just push it off to the side for a couple one off lines of dialogue, speaking of which good god is the dialogue in this show bad, I was already finding issue with it early on with ep 1 and to a much lesser extent 2 but this episode takes the cake, almost every single line was really lazy exposition, awkwardly placed context to characters, and conversations feeling like every person participating is talking about something completely different, as soon as im taken aback by its really gorgeous and creative world im immediately taken out of it by some really out of place line. The comedy while no where near as offensive is giving me some unpleasesnt memories of gundam zz's failed attempts at slapstick, this at least benefits from it matching the show's feel more though again following up last weeks episode with goofy slapstick is a bit of a turn off

The action in this episode was actually quite good and hope it stays like this over the course of the show, they kept it shorter and focused more on the non mech moments so it had a more entertaining value, one thing that has bothered my about the franchise as a whole is it feels like action is thrown in there as an excuse every episode, and while i fully expect every ep of reconguista to contain fights this felt less forced and less dragged out than how it is in other show of said format which i assume is thanks to the 2 cour length which could potentially work in this shows favor by giving it a hopefully more solid direction on where the plot will go with less padding, not asking for a grim dark show cause believe me i prefer this more light hearted approach, im more off put by the lack of consistency and that they pretty much toss the whole berril killed the captain thing to the side for only a few seconds worth of relavance before being dropped,

More or less my thoughts on this show are still pretty mixed, next ep could be fun seeing the "enemy's" way of life even though its quite obvious berril and the rest are gonna be staying with those guys for the rest of the series and it looks like its a chance to bring back the berril killing the captain into relavance again, hopefully the cringe worthy exposition will slowly fade out as the show goes on and its established its rules and world more.

I don't remember any bad dialogue from this episode. I guess the way pretty boy was talking about "injuring" people was kind of odd, but that's just grasping at straws.
Oct 9, 2014 10:11 PM

Sep 2011
ex_necross said:

I don't remember any bad dialogue from this episode. I guess the way pretty boy was talking about "injuring" people was kind of odd, but that's just grasping at straws.
The dialogue from pretty much everyone i found to be bad, if there was any aprticular scene it'd probably be where barril and nug go to see berril's mom where the dialogue was so disconnected from what the last persons said it felt like no one was listening to eachother, that and the "love at first sight" lines were all really forced and kind of obnoxious. All the dialogue just feels really jaded to me and i cannot find myself getting behind the show as a result, Its kind of like what CCA ended up feeling like to me, it doesnt feel like im seeing characters go on an adventure but rather im watching plot devices tell me whats going on. Again i kind of have a feeling he immense amounts of exposition is more of a problem of just a sloppy start that can come to pass after the set up is established since the series is moving somewhat slowish all things considered(which is why im baffled that people said the show was fast paced in ep 1 and 2 discussions, when you really look at things the show is taking its time and not much has happened in 3 episodes)
JizzyHitlerOct 9, 2014 10:14 PM

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Oct 9, 2014 10:38 PM
Jan 2012
This is giving me such a Turn a Gundam feeling BUT common EVEN TURN A GUNDAM had better chatters, in this the mechas are ugly, the character actions are just soooo unrealistic and on the top of that the MC is just so bad for a Gundam series i will give it 1 or maybe 2 episodes more but i don't think it is going anywhere.
People calling it a kids show but i don't really think kids would like this time of "action mecha anime" but well that is just my opinion.
Oct 9, 2014 10:42 PM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
Ahh, Noredo pissed me off for some reason. >.< So what if Bell fell is love with Aida? I'd totally ship it.

Aida got over Cahill's accidental death rather quickly. A bit surprised how she's getting along just fine with Bell.

Nick isn't really the asshole I thought he was, seeing he did only minimal damage in the beginning and then fought just enough to get through the capital, wheres I expected him to go on a rampage.

Bell taking a sh!t in the G-self while the girls are around him was hilarious! That weird music somehow suited the scene though. XD

Not bad, however I think the show isn't pacing sufficiently. Hopefully, it won't head downhill later on.

Oct 9, 2014 10:48 PM

Jul 2013
So they defected because he wants to bang Aida? I don't understand why or what is really going right now in this show. The Montero was kind of cool though I suppose.
Oct 9, 2014 11:03 PM

Apr 2009
the story is a mess. seriously aida doing the ballerina spin at the colonel's office out of nowhere? (around 10:26). also she was supposed to be a prisoner, how did she even get near the mobile suit without anyone stopping or even reacting to her actions baffles me.

plus, ooh they attacked our base took the mobile suit, kidnapped 3 of their people and their reaction was to just stop sending them batteries.
Oct 9, 2014 11:06 PM

Apr 2011
ex_necross said:
I'm getting teary eyed by some of this shit dude. I missed Tomino so fucking much. Getting a serious urge to watch all of the 20th century Gundams again.

THIS, ladies and gentlemen, is REAL anime. It just doesn't get better than this.

Are you insane? I could list over a dozen anime that are playing just this season that are better than this show. The plot's been quite incoherent so far, and the art style is pretty terrible.
Oct 9, 2014 11:14 PM
Oct 2014
I can't stop thinking that this is so different from conventional Gundam series (Right now, even Gundam Build Fighters is darker than this), but the author did tell that this isn't for fans, but for their kids. With this episode, the show is distancing itself from the seinen genre, or even the shounen genre...
Oct 9, 2014 11:20 PM

Sep 2011
hybreezy said:
So they defected because he wants to bang Aida? I don't understand why or what is really going right now in this show. The Montero was kind of cool though I suppose.
yeah im not a fan of this either, his motivations seems pretty much non existent other than wanting aida and this was such a weak reason for why berril defects, when i read that barril was gonna join a pirate group before this show was airing i was pretty excited but to see it over such a boring and illogical reason is incredibly disappointing, like defecting from a established army to the enemy is something i really love the sound of and it would have been great if there were maybe greater reasoning behind it

Blind_Guardian said:
ex_necross said:

Are you insane? I could list over a dozen anime that are playing just this season that are better than this show. The plot's been quite incoherent so far, and the art style is pretty terrible.
I disagree, the art style looks really damn good and quite colorful, its the actual animation quality that looks pretty weak, that wont matter much in the end if the plot picks up but still to see such a nice art style pretty much wastes is something i cant help but feel disappoint by

And its way too early to be talking about what shows are better or not, the season literally just started without everything actually airing yet and the only reason gundam is on ep 3 was because of a double airing. The start has been pretty sloppy yeah but its also only the start and the amount of shows with rough starts that reach greatness later on is staggering and only pales in comparison to the number of shows with great starts that regress into mediocrity, whether this ends up doing any of this is yet to be seen, hence why we should be speaking of it being better or worse than anything like its some fucking contest

Sakaki_Izumi said:
I can't stop thinking that this is so different from conventional Gundam series (Right now, even Gundam Build Fighters is darker than this), but the author did tell that this isn't for fans, but for their kids. With this episode, the show is distancing itself from the seinen genre, or even the shounen genre...
This show is honestly an exact parallel to many aspects of gundam zz, its sense of humor is nearly identical, and this isnt a good thing. Even then were still getting a basic retread of certain gundam tropes just in a less serious light which i for one am totally fine with if it was handled a bit better, im all for a light hearted adventure series with mechs but it seems like this is trying to be both a war story and a light hearted adventure hence why the show has such a conflicting tone of last episode to this one
JizzyHitlerOct 9, 2014 11:28 PM

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Oct 9, 2014 11:28 PM
Oct 2014
ex_necross said:

Are you perhaps referring to the 20th century show or to this extravagant anime?

If you are talking about the first, I could agree with you, but if you are talking about Gundam: G no Reconguista, I think you should go watch more animes, and yes, watching the 20th century Gundams would be a good call to see what is a real anime, because this G:GnR is laughable... The author did mention that this isn't for fans, but I wasn't expecting that it would be this... Disappointing...
Sakaki_IzumiOct 9, 2014 11:36 PM
Oct 9, 2014 11:34 PM
Oct 2014
JizzyHitler said:
Sakaki_Izumi said:
This show is honestly an exact parallel to many aspects of gundam zz, its sense of humor is nearly identical, and this isnt a good thing. Even then were still getting a basic retread of certain gundam tropes just in a less serious light which i for one am totally fine with if it was handled a bit better, im all for a light hearted adventure series with mechs but it seems like this is trying to be both a war story and a light hearted adventure hence why the show has such a conflicting tone of last episode to this one

Conflicting tone is a good way to put it without disrespecting it... I do agree that this is what is probably making the history so strange. They are in a war, but they are to be so friendly with their enemies... So inconsistent...
Oct 9, 2014 11:40 PM
Apr 2014
Disappointing overall. Don't like any of the characters or humor.
Oct 9, 2014 11:40 PM

Sep 2011
Sakaki_Izumi said:
JizzyHitler said:

Conflicting tone is a good way to put it without disrespecting it... I do agree that this is what is probably making the history so strange. They are in a war, but they are to be so friendly with their enemies... So inconsistent...
Its not the fact they treat aida nicely that bothers me, its the fact that they dont, were shown soldiers mistreating her from episode 1 even in this episode where they were holding her like a prisoner where she pretty much yelled she has rights......and then they just let her walk around freely even to the fucking mech she was piloting which she unsurprisingly she just steals, again its still early but i cant deny this series is giving wing a run for its money in terms of "what the fuck is this character's motivation even" moments.

Though i may sound like a broken record here, i still think this show can be quite good as long as it picks up a bit later in, i dont think its bad so far save for this episode, but id be lying if i said i wasnt kind of anticipating certain things about this show simply because of my tomino pessimism despite liking even whats considered one of his all time worst works (victory, yeah someone is probably scoffng and saying something along the lines of "you like trash like victory and not this?" in their head right now)

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Oct 10, 2014 12:00 AM

Sep 2011
Also i really hope to god that one supposed info leak about this show was wrong,

potential spoiler for later events if this ends up sadly being true

seriously if that leak is actually accurate that is gonna be causing such a shitstorm when its revealed
JizzyHitlerOct 10, 2014 12:03 AM

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Oct 10, 2014 12:10 AM
Oct 2014
JizzyHitler said:
Its not the fact they treat aida nicely that bothers me, its the fact that they dont, were shown soldiers mistreating her from episode 1 even in this episode where they were holding her like a prisoner where she pretty much yelled she has rights......and then they just let her walk around freely even to the fucking mech she was piloting which she unsurprisingly she just steals, again its still early but i cant deny this series is giving wing a run for its money in terms of "what the fuck is this character's motivation even" moments.

Though i may sound like a broken record here, i still think this show can be quite good as long as it picks up a bit later in, i dont think its bad so far save for this episode, but id be lying if i said i wasnt kind of anticipating certain things about this show simply because of my tomino pessimism despite liking even whats considered one of his all time worst works (victory, yeah someone is probably scoffng and saying something along the lines of "you like trash like victory and not this?" in their head right now)

That! "What the fuck is this character's motivation even" moments are everywhere!

At least, It has a good point. It doesn't start with the same plot that we have been seeing in the latest series of the gundam franchisee (enemies invade city, enemies destroy the city, gundam moment, ship moment), unlike SEED, SEED Destiny, AGE, or Unicorn, that have the same pattern... In reality, in G:GnR, the invaders have their gundam robbed... (even if it is now heading home).
Oct 10, 2014 12:22 AM
Oct 2014
JizzyHitler said:
Also i really hope to god that one supposed info leak about this show was wrong.

seriously if that leak is actually accurate that is gonna be causing such a shit storm when its revealed

Oh, that would be actually cool IF they know how and when to use it. You know, if they revel it BEFORE complications... Do you get it?

Oct 10, 2014 12:45 AM

Jul 2007
hybreezy said:

veatbreaker said:
the story is a mess. seriously aida doing the ballerina spin at the colonel's office out of nowhere? (around 10:26). also she was supposed to be a prisoner, how did she even get near the mobile suit without anyone stopping or even reacting to her actions baffles me.

plus, ooh they attacked our base took the mobile suit, kidnapped 3 of their people and their reaction was to just stop sending them batteries.

This pretty much
The character motivations are ranging from non-existent to outright shitty, the setting is boring and unexplained and the "plot" is frantic and disjointed as fuck.

If this had good plot and intrigue, I would maybe look past the character design and animation that looks like it was made in 80's, but holy fuck what a huge mess everything in terms of narrative in this show is.

When masterpieces like FSN, Psycho Pass 2, Garo, Parasyte and Bahamut are airing this season, calling this show anything more than trainwreck HAS to be a joke.
Oct 10, 2014 12:48 AM

Oct 2008
CookingPriest said:

When masterpieces like FSN, Psycho Pass 2, Garo, Parasyte and Bahamut are airing this season, calling this show anything more than trainwreck HAS to be a joke.

Nah ,Sunrise already covered that one out with their other title Cross Ange.

Plus its not like their last serious Gundam title,Unicorn, was anything noteworthy ,same revamped character model straight out of Zeta Gundam,nonsensical plot that keeps going back and forth and has no clear goal,spineless main character that steps into Jesus Kira footsteps with his "thou shall not kill" mentality....
amateurOct 10, 2014 12:51 AM
Oct 10, 2014 12:50 AM

Jun 2009
WTF the ending is so crazy O.o
The spring I met you,

The spring without you.
Oct 10, 2014 1:19 AM

Nov 2012
FOURSOME INSIDE COCKPIT lol.
and inb4 bellri stockholme syndrome to pirate side
Oct 10, 2014 1:19 AM
Oct 2010
@people complaining about them letting Aida just waltz into the mech and leave, didn't it seem deliberate? I mean just listen to the guy on the phone, he was like "The mech is being stolen" with the most lack of care in the world, in fact he didn't seem the slightest bit worried about the fact Aida, Monday AND Bellgiri were all on that mech and possibly going to defect. Even Bellgiri mother didn't seem to care too much until he was mentioned.

Although I would say one other hilarious scene was when Bellgiri's mother asked the cheerleader girl who she was and then instantly knew her name after the dude mentioned she was in the cheerleading squad.. that was hilariously stupid. It's like tomino is going senile.
Oct 10, 2014 1:22 AM

Jun 2013
JizzyHitler said:
ex_necross said:

The dialogue from pretty much everyone i found to be bad, if there was any aprticular scene it'd probably be where barril and nug go to see berril's mom where the dialogue was so disconnected from what the last persons said it felt like no one was listening to eachother, that and the "love at first sight" lines were all really forced and kind of obnoxious. All the dialogue just feels really jaded to me and i cannot find myself getting behind the show as a result, Its kind of like what CCA ended up feeling like to me, it doesnt feel like im seeing characters go on an adventure but rather im watching plot devices tell me whats going on. Again i kind of have a feeling he immense amounts of exposition is more of a problem of just a sloppy start that can come to pass after the set up is established since the series is moving somewhat slowish all things considered(which is why im baffled that people said the show was fast paced in ep 1 and 2 discussions, when you really look at things the show is taking its time and not much has happened in 3 episodes)

I didn't really feel the same way. I guess it's just easy for me to overlook those things when I'm finally watching a good anime. There has been some good stuff this year, but nothing so real and raw as this. I feel like I'm watching Gundam for the first time all over again, all those years ago.. felt like a faint memory until now.

amateur said:

Plus its not like their last serious Gundam title,Unicorn, was anything noteworthy

Oh jesus christ you better be joking. This is like some next level hipster shit. Is it so hard to accept that Unicorn is probably the best mecha to come out in like 10 years?
ex_necrossOct 10, 2014 1:27 AM
Oct 10, 2014 1:46 AM

Jul 2007
amateur said:
CookingPriest said:

Plus its not like their last serious Gundam title,Unicorn, was anything noteworthy ,same revamped character model straight out of Zeta Gundam,nonsensical plot that keeps going back and forth and has no clear goal,spineless main character that steps into Jesus Kira footsteps with his "thou shall not kill" mentality....

Don't worry, no one in their right mind would believe Gundam Rainbow Unicorns was anything more than cheap cash-in adaptation of a fanfic.

At this point Cross Ange holds my interest more than this. At least the world is somewhat comprehensible, even if its a rip off of GundamSeed world lore.
Oct 10, 2014 1:58 AM

Nov 2012
CookingPriest said:
amateur said:

Don't worry, no one in their right mind would believe Gundam Rainbow Unicorns was anything more than cheap cash-in adaptation of a fanfic.

At this point Cross Ange holds my interest more than this. At least the world is somewhat comprehensible, even if its a rip off of GundamSeed world lore.

we have 66% anime compatibility.
Oct 10, 2014 2:30 AM

Dec 2012
Hmm. So, the Capital Tower supplies the Earth with photon batteries as resources and down there people don't like this arrangement. Hence, the attacks on the Tower and the need to be guarded. I am curious where the elevators go (its shown that the Moon is not the destination) and some other company makes the cords and the elevators. It's getting interesting.
Oct 10, 2014 2:52 AM

Jun 2013
Well, the pace seems to be getting slower to a much more comfortable one, which is a plus for me. I'm also getting used to the series's atmosphere, which is another plus.

Story-wise, i don't know where any of this seems to be going, but it's still just the 3rd episode~ Nothing had piqued my interest so far, but it's not bad.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Gundam: G no Reconguista Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 2, 2014

153 by KiroTheAssassin »»
Jan 20, 6:28 PM

Poll: » Gundam: G no Reconguista Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 26, 2015

91 by Neemesis_2 »»
Dec 6, 2023 2:49 AM

Poll: » Gundam: G no Reconguista Episode 25 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 19, 2015

29 by Neemesis_2 »»
Dec 6, 2023 2:17 AM

Poll: » Gundam: G no Reconguista Episode 24 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 12, 2015

26 by Neemesis_2 »»
Dec 6, 2023 1:45 AM

Poll: » Gundam: G no Reconguista Episode 23 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 5, 2015

22 by Neemesis_2 »»
Dec 5, 2023 2:59 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.