Forum Settings
Forums
New
Nov 3, 2009 1:52 AM

Apr 2007
Ever since school started, I've seriously had like NO time for anime. DDDDDDDD: SADFACE TO THE MAXXXXXXXXXXXX.
I miss watching it soooo much. I was only able to watch a few episodes this weekend because it was a 4-day weekend<3

Ohhh, anime, imy.

[lol is this spam? it's a legit question though]

Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Nov 3, 2009 1:59 AM

Mar 2008
I pretty much just never did any homework ever, when I was in school.

That freed up a lot of ani 'me' time.
Nov 3, 2009 2:02 AM

Sep 2008
Drop out of school and get a GED like I did, then u will have plenty of time to watch anime.
It doesn't think, it doesn't feel, it doesn't laugh or cry..... All it does from dusk till dawn is make the soldiers die.
Nov 3, 2009 2:21 AM

Oct 2009
its just a matter of adjusting how much you watch, and what you watch. I only get to watch about 2 episodes every 2 days.
Nov 3, 2009 2:28 AM

Sep 2009
When it comes down to it, it only matters how smart you are. If your smart, you have time. If your not, well, tough luck.

Credit to WingZero619 from Animesuki!!
Nov 3, 2009 2:42 AM

Jun 2009
skip school... this gives you all the time in the world....

watching anime comes with a price.... or you can always do homework at school.... or be smart and copy your friend's homework :)
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 3, 2009 2:45 AM

Oct 2008
i just ignored hw and watched anime (or w/e else was fun) and then WTFCRAP did it the night before it was due. I got through high school without any problems, and got decent enough scores and shit.

just wing everything to do with school unless you want to be a doctor or sth
Nov 3, 2009 2:50 AM

May 2008
I dunno, I don't appear to have watched as much anime as you have, OP.
Also, NEET.

Old avatar and sig retired for now.
Nov 3, 2009 3:01 AM

Jan 2009
holidays lol
Nov 3, 2009 3:05 AM

Aug 2008
Drop out of school, frees up a lot of time.
But don't just go get a job, you will run out of time to watch anime again.
Nov 3, 2009 3:15 AM

Oct 2009
=/
I watch it in any spare time I get..
But work always comes first.
Nov 3, 2009 3:18 AM

Nov 2008
I don't have much time for it either, but just sacrifice it a bit, watch 1-2 episodes per day, then watch as much as you can on weekends just like me.
Nov 3, 2009 3:23 AM

Mar 2009
I allocate a certain amount of time everyday to watch anime/read manga.
Nov 3, 2009 3:24 AM

Jun 2008
According to my list, I have 14 anime that I'm watching and 69 completed (haha, 69). However, I have a low attention span, and am a procrastinator.
Nov 3, 2009 3:35 AM

May 2009
I only have time late at night, seeing how I don't think my parents like anime too much. If I had a laptop, I'd watch it when I got home from school everyday. Since I have to watch it late at night, I only watch it on Friday and Saturday.
Nov 3, 2009 3:41 AM

Aug 2009
Usually,I allocate from 10 pm to 3am for watching anime, provided I dun have 8 am class or sth special to attend to the following day. Of cuz during busy times, i cannot spend 5 hrs a day for anime.
We are the United. Even in defeat we stand united.

Nov 3, 2009 4:01 AM

Jun 2008
staindwing said:
I pretty much just never did any homework ever, when I was in school.

That freed up a lot of ani 'me' time.
This, since Anime > Homework
I usually have from dinner till bed time to watch anime on a normal school day - that's 3 to 5 hours.
... Even if I took time to write alot of intelligent words of deep thought and meaning in my signature, would you really care to read and comment on it? ...
Nov 3, 2009 4:09 AM

Nov 2008
I also have the same question in my mind..n_n

well I watch 2-5 episode everyday and do my homework on our vacant period in school! While on weekends oh man my favorite day I spend it all on anime I start at 6 a.m. and finish on 12 p.m. LOL..
Nov 3, 2009 4:18 AM

Nov 2007
cartier-ngo said:
When it comes down to it, it only matters how smart you are. If your smart, you have time. If your not, well, tough luck.

While very blunt and rather harsh, I have to agree to an extent. It's all about time management. You should allocate blocks of time to do certain things.

Eg. if you get home at 16:00, you can either take halfa hour to shower, eat and wind down after the day, or while still in "school mode" you can get stuck in to homework for an hour or two. Say two hours. So at 18:00, you can watch three episodes of anime (20 mins a piece if you skip OPs/EDs which you should since they suck anyway) so that's three episodes in an hour, bringing you to 19:00 which may be around dinner time. So eat, deal with family etc, then get another hour or two of study in, which at most brings you to 21:00. If you're an older teenager, you should be able to stay up another hour at the least, so get in another three episodes.

So there you go, very rough plot of how to get six episodes of anime in, while still having at least three hours of study time for homework if you need that much. You can mess around with the scheduling some depending on your circumstances, but really, if you can't manage at -least- three episodes a day, you're very seriously slacking. An hour a day should be possible for anybody regardless of their school/work load or family/friend commitments. Obviously this isn't necessary every single day, but should be regularly achievable. "a few episodes" over a four day weekend is just ridiculous. You're obviously not trying very hard.
Nov 3, 2009 4:39 AM

Apr 2008
Easy! if your in college only take 4 classes per semester and make sure their easy ones. Oh and do your homework in class.

Nov 3, 2009 4:48 AM

May 2009
i need more time :(
:3
Nov 3, 2009 5:00 AM

Feb 2008
I have plenty of time to watch anime, but I usually spend most of it on video games instead.
Nov 3, 2009 5:09 AM

Jul 2008
There are people telling him to drop out of school?

What the fuck?
LEGENDOFTHEGALACTICHEROESLEGENDOFTHEGALACTI
Nov 3, 2009 5:32 AM

May 2009
Make time dude. Do all of your work and make anime your reward. It's worked for me a couple of times.
<!--link--><a href="http://myanimelist.net/animelist/angelfire892&sclick=1">
Being sane is over rated :)
Nov 3, 2009 5:41 AM

Jul 2009
I can manage it, lol
Nov 3, 2009 5:52 AM

Sep 2009
I watch on the weekends or after school. Since I have like no homework I still have lots of free time. My teachers are awesome.
Nov 3, 2009 6:15 AM

May 2008
Aeiou said:

What the fuck?

The internet is a great place for advice.

Old avatar and sig retired for now.
Nov 3, 2009 6:48 AM

Feb 2008
Aeiou said:

What the fuck?

Yea, I'm fairly certain they aren't being serious about that.

To OP: Time Management, that's all it is. I guess having your own computer might help there a little bit too much if your house only has one then it might be a little harder depending on how many people you have to share that computer with.
Nov 3, 2009 6:51 AM

Aug 2009
I go to school everyday and I still got plenty of time. Maybe because High School is just too easy for me. I can watch 1-2 series on the weekends, per say 12-26 episode ones.
Nov 3, 2009 6:55 AM

Apr 2009
4 days-weekend.
Nov 3, 2009 7:17 AM

Feb 2005
If you use all your time every day on school, you're doing something wrong. Honestly, a episode only take up 20-ish minutes, watch one while eating dinner or for whatever time you've got left after school and any reading or school related stuff.
Nov 3, 2009 7:19 AM
Oct 2009
Stop sleeping and drink mutch Red Bull, it can help :)
Nov 3, 2009 7:29 AM

May 2008
Do your homework in class and don't hang out with your friend's after school. This can equal much time for anime.

Unless your friend's are heartless and drag you out of your house. ;____________;
Nov 3, 2009 7:32 AM

Mar 2009
Do your homework in school. Then stay up late and watch as much as you want.
Nov 3, 2009 7:33 AM

May 2007
My issue is that i come home from school, get a snack, and then waste about 1-2 hours watching new anime episodes before I even start on my homework. I can't help it. And then after I'm done with homework, I go back and finish up any episodes I didnt get a chance to watch...My time management fails at life :)

"School is just a distraction from anime" - JOIN THE "I hate school" CLUB!
Nov 3, 2009 8:08 AM

May 2009
Aside from Uni being annoying for freshmen at the moment and not administering applications and me thus having a lot of time on my hands, most of it depends on how fast you do your work anyway. And how much you really have to study, as I didn't for the last five years or so.
Asako said:
Obviously this isn't necessary every single day, but should be regularly achievable. "a few episodes" over a four day weekend is just ridiculous. You're obviously not trying very hard.

You do realise you make watching anime sound like a chore, right?
FuzzyDemon said:
My issue is that i come home from school, get a snack, and then waste about 1-2 hours watching new anime episodes before I even start on my homework. I can't help it. And then after I'm done with homework, I go back and finish up any episodes I didnt get a chance to watch...My time management fails at life :)

Besides homework being only for people who need it, doing it right after school is a horrible way of wasting time for almost anybody I met. Rather, do it after having relaxed, since that means you're not completely burned out and bored of repeating things you just did.

And on the edge of sanity I stumble and fall.
Nov 3, 2009 8:53 AM

Jan 2009
Do your homework during class and breaks. If you take a bus or any other kind of public transport, that's a good time to do it as well.

I never had much homework back when I went to school, so I usually got it done while at school and had all the time to myself once I got home. I'm also one of those annoying people that never needed to study and still get good grades, so that helped too. :x
Nov 3, 2009 8:55 AM

Nov 2007
Ceska said:
You do realise you make watching anime sound like a chore, right?

The OP is asking about time management, I offered a solution. However as you quoted, I also stated it's not necessary to be fixed. It's just an example of how you can fit anime in to your day even with a busy life. If you can't find at least three or four hours over a four day weekend to do something you enjoy, yet still complain about not having the time, you're doing something terribly wrong. How is it a chore to make time for a hobby?
Nov 3, 2009 9:23 AM

Mar 2008
There would be less time for anime when school or work is the top priority, but I consider watching animes to be an excellent pass-time, especially after a hard load of studying. I watch about two to three anime episodes per week.
Nov 3, 2009 9:24 AM

Jan 2009
I actually find a routine to be better. It all comes done to Time Management, but making a routine out from it is the best.

For instance on Monday and Wednesday i wake up at 8:30 for class, get back at room at 10:30, 11:30 lunch, sleep till 4, go the library to 8-10(Somewhere around this), get food then chill for the rest of the night(Whether that be watching anime, playing video games, chilling with friends all depend on my mood).

Teusday, Thrusday is basically the same thing expect i am in class till 4 then i go to the library(No Nap :( ). Friday i have no class so sleep in and do nothing.

Once you find your routine it is easy to stick a lot of time in there for other activity's.
Nov 3, 2009 11:38 AM
Jun 2009
Syb3rStrife said:
Easy! if your in college only take 4 classes per semester and make sure their easy ones. Oh and do your homework in class.

This. I only take 4 per semester, and then take 2-3 during the summer to make up for the credits.

On school days, I manage to watch 1-4 episodes a day. Probably because I have no social life, and I manage my time so that I never have to rush home to do hwk.
Nov 3, 2009 12:34 PM

Jan 2009
Be like Konata, copy, copy, and cram before the tests.
Nov 3, 2009 2:16 PM

Oct 2007
It's actually easy to watch anime no matter if you have a job or school , you just need to manage your time better .
If you want or need to study you cut back on time from other stuff you do .
If you want to go out and have fun in your free time you cut back on stuff you do at home and have fun outside .
Its the same with anime , if you want to watch it you just make time by cutting off time from other stuff you do : instead of a 2 hour homework / study per day just pay attention in class , review the lesson in 30 minutes and copy the homework at school , instead of spending X hours playing some game or going outside , cut that time in half and spend it watching anime because the good part about this is ... if next day you want to do something else ... you just cut back on that anime time you managed to set up .
Nov 3, 2009 2:26 PM

Dec 2007
The day has 24 hours. Organize them.
Waratte Oemashou Sore ha Chiisana Inori
Nov 3, 2009 2:43 PM

Apr 2008
Something had to go and for me that was watching any live action shows or movies.

I only watch anime. I don't have time to watch anything else. :P
Nov 3, 2009 3:00 PM

Sep 2009
Create a schedule and try to find a free time.

I take 9 classes per semester and do well. Some days I watch animes others I prefer to read manga. And you can spare some time to your friends as well.
Nov 3, 2009 3:16 PM

Apr 2009
2-4 episodes a day after school then do school shit at night time
Nov 3, 2009 3:20 PM

Jul 2008
I have tons of time, but I don't make anime a priority. It's just a hobby I get the urge to watch from time to time.

Which is why I can take months to finish a 13 episode show... :P
Nov 3, 2009 3:36 PM

Oct 2009
I watch it whenever I'm finished with my homework. I tend to WORKWORKWORKWORK like crazy until I finish an assignment, so that normally gives me the remainder of the afternoon/evening to watch whatever I want.

Plus, all of my classes are early (I get out of my MWF classes at 12:35 and I only have one class on TR anyway), so I can use a bit of that time to rest/watch anime in the library or get a headstart on my homework, whichever I feel like doing.

It would definitely be a lot different if I had a job like every responsible 18-year-old should have, but oh well.
Nov 3, 2009 4:07 PM

Aug 2009
Few tips.
1. Ditch School
2. Stay up at Night (If parent's are strict, then sneak in)
3. Just watch it if you have the time
4. Watch it on your iPod or MP4 (My iPod broke[No idea why I'm brining it up], Useful since you can watch more than 12 episodes a day if you can last that long [You can do it in the toilets too, bus, ride and even tram or train, depending on how much space your iPod/MP4 has, you can watch a lot or less])

5. Watch it on DvD
6. Watch it at School (Dont get caught)
7. Watch it through a Portable DvD Player

Thats how you get the time to watch anime, or simple I put it.
I recommend Tip 1 and 4 since its the most simplest way of doing it.
Right now I can only watch 1-10 eps a day, or in between. Or less if I feel like it
KairenNov 3, 2009 4:12 PM
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

» What else would be in your Favorites if you had MAL Supporter? (10 additional slots)

IpreferEcchi - 4 hours ago

3 by nishant0 »»
3 minutes ago

» Isekai anime are better than any other genre.

Alpha_1_Zero - Apr 20

40 by FanofAction »»
4 minutes ago

» Do you watch anything else besides anime? ( 1 2 )

Alpha_1_Zero - Apr 21

72 by luckyrune »»
6 minutes ago

» Does being an anime fan make you proud or embarassed?

BuddhaIsBetter - 49 minutes ago

7 by Theo1899 »»
10 minutes ago

» Upcoming Dubbed Anime ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kenny_Stryker - Dec 17, 2017

9065 by Baserleak »»
24 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.