Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »
Oct 11, 2014 11:47 AM
Aug 2014
LMAO freaken ludicrous
I am personally not a fan of pigtails/twintails
Oct 11, 2014 12:41 PM

Jun 2013
Oh my god! That has to be one of the stupidest, most ridiculious plots i have ever seen! And i loved every second of it!
This show is gonna be a blast! XD
Oct 11, 2014 12:44 PM

Jun 2013
AppoX said:
3/10, dropped.

Forced myself to finish the episode, just to see the MC becoming a girl, because we don't get such fan-service enough with SAO II this season....

God, the anime industry.... it has no future. Such shits like this become animated with large budgets, but the actual good stuff is rushed, gets too small of a budget or doesn't get adapted at all....

Every season comes an anime that appeals to a certain fetish, with no regard for logic. This time it is twin-tails.... I wonder if anyone actually watches this kind of junk and legitimately calls it a masterpiece.

You do realize this show is supposed to be stupid right? That's what's funny about it.
Oct 11, 2014 3:05 PM

Dec 2013
I don't know about this one...

My brain tells me to drop it, it's utterly ridiculous garbage and probably isn't going to turn into a masterpiece even if I keep watching.

But...

I watched the episode all the way through, all the while thinking "turn this off, drop it, it's pure crap", and I found myself being entertained.

The whole line of reasoning, "It's supposed to be stupid, that's what makes it funny" is one of the reasons that modern television and cinema is in such an apathetic and poor condition. Too many people allow such stupidity to pass as good comedy, and it has ruined the media industries. So, seeing something like this really irks me; but I cannot deny that I found myself entertained at the same time as I hated myself for not turning it off.

This is my conundrum. I don't know whether to drop it or give it a chance, and I can't do both simultaneously. GAAAAHHHH!

The story is non-existent, fetish pandering, mind-numbing garbage. The characters are the typical genre stereotypes, so can't really argue there. The action was good, if a little flaky. The concept of a fetish otaku using some strange power to turn into a girl who gets "her" strength from the very fetish of the otaku guy is odd, and I really don't know how I feel about it- it's awkward. The villains remind me of the putties from Power Rangers(the original series before it lost what little mind it had), so you can't really expect much to come from fodder for fodder's sake.

Overall, I have to give this one 4/10.
Odds are I'm not going to find my way back to a thread after my first post, it happens on occasion but not often. So, if I say something that offends you and you feel the need to force your opinion on me because obviously everyone should have your opinion or none at all, feel free to post it in the thread that I'll probably never see again. However, if you are interested in intelligent discourse, feel free to message me.
Oct 11, 2014 4:04 PM

Mar 2012
Such a nonsense anime ._.

Someone please add "Gender Bender" to the genres.
b1GZZOct 11, 2014 4:08 PM
Oct 11, 2014 4:08 PM

Jul 2013
indeed twintails are OP
but this show is just too stupid to be taken serious xD
still enjoyable tho
Oct 11, 2014 4:13 PM

Mar 2012
Fairy Tail-like OSTs, amazing!!!!!!!!!!
Oct 11, 2014 4:57 PM

Nov 2012
So much twin-tails...

This one seems like Kämpfer.Liked the character designs.Let's see what's gonna happen next time.
Oct 11, 2014 6:01 PM

Mar 2013
Twintails obsession,
Im surprised that were really funny
love Aika and Souji.

i think it could have been better if they would
have keep it with there school life and the Twintails
club idea then with the super powers and those
creepy alligator monsters or whatever they are.
Oct 11, 2014 6:25 PM

May 2012
I did enjoy this episode. It was funny.
Oct 11, 2014 9:08 PM

Aug 2013
The whole thing is just so absurd that I was laughing throughout the episode.
Cute is justice.
Oct 11, 2014 10:03 PM

Jun 2014
10/10 ..
Oct 11, 2014 11:11 PM

Feb 2013
So the guy is actually the cute loli Tail Red? ... well whatever.

Amusing premise, pervert aliens steal girl's twintail attribute. It was a fun watch.

- Let me fondle your twintails!
- E-Eww!
- So cute!

^ I lol'd
Oct 11, 2014 11:19 PM
Jul 2014
Enjoyable to an extent, but weird.
How far can they take this twintail plot lol. I want to see the rest of this.
Oct 11, 2014 11:32 PM

Oct 2008
Oh look the Ben-To/Kämpfer/Akikan! ,also the complete shit we as witters made since we have idea to write a plot to save our lives,so riveting....
Oct 12, 2014 12:42 AM

Dec 2011
Brilliant, as expected.

Kind of funny reading all the posts of people who completely missed the point of it all, though.
There is no such thing as shit taste. Only idiots who think everyone should have the same taste as they do.
Oct 12, 2014 12:48 AM

Jun 2014
kuuderes_shadow said:
Brilliant, as expected.

Kind of funny reading all the posts of people who completely missed the point of it all, though.

This is going to be the anime of 2014.
Oct 12, 2014 2:29 AM

Apr 2014
Great anime. Waiting for the next episode.
Oct 12, 2014 3:16 AM

Nov 2011
4/5

I figured from the beginning, it was a colossal idiot and in fact it is so, however, I promote the episode for delirium ubiquitous throughout the narrative.
Dialogues through the wicked, I laughed like crazy! XD
But admittedly, that much stupidity.
But in addition to dialogue, to be appreciated, there is also a good technical apparatus and the graphics.
The fight was not bad.
Cute also the opening and the ending.
For now, my vote is 5/10!
Oct 12, 2014 4:19 AM

May 2012
AppoX said:
3/10, dropped.

Forced myself to finish the episode, just to see the MC becoming a girl, because we don't get such fan-service enough with SAO II this season....

It is not enough for me. I like to see more anime that has has male to female transformation. These type of anime are very rare anyway. I can only name you few anime that has such thing in last decade.

AppoX said:

Every season comes an anime that appeals to a certain fetish, with no regard for logic. This time it is twin-tails.... I wonder if anyone actually watches this kind of junk and legitimately calls it a masterpiece.

Does anime need to be logical or have serious story for it to be good and entertaining ?

I do think Mr Bean is masterpiece show because it funny and make laugh every minutes. One of the best comedy I ever seen. It does not need to be logical or serious

Ore, Twintails ni Narimasu is also funny and entertaining that why I like it. I don't think it is masterpiece, but I give it at least 7/10 or 8/10 so far.
Oct 12, 2014 5:27 AM

May 2013
There are crappy lizard men who hate twin-tails. A guy who acquires a bracelet and transforms in to a girl (with twin-tails/Tailred). That white haired girl got some bust there. This will probably bite the dust not long.
Oct 12, 2014 5:37 AM
Mar 2013
hmm don't know what to feel about this but first ep is a 2/5
Oct 12, 2014 7:22 AM
Oct 2009
This is pretty funny and awesome, and who doesn't like twintails?? Plus it looks good!
Oct 12, 2014 7:35 AM

Jan 2008
Well that plot line was so horrible that it's awesome. ^_^;

Uchida Maaya, Akasak Chinatsu and Uesaka, Sumire.
Hmm. . . now where have I seen that combination. . .? :)
Oct 12, 2014 9:55 AM

Jan 2014
This whole series is so bizarre, it will be a guilty pleasure watching it each week

So much silliness and at one point made me feel like watching Kill La Kill during Souji's transformation

The first villain was hilarious, gave a very strong rapey vibe. Fitting indeed.

Again, I don't even know why I like this, I shouldn't but I do enjoy it for some odd reason

Oct 12, 2014 11:24 AM
Apr 2012
Well that was weirdly wonderful, never knew how powerful twin tails were, it's bizarre but original I'll give it that. Very enjoyable as well, love me some gender bending though men can have twin tails to. Nice designs, good action, funny and well animated. Great first impression. Also I now understand, twin tails are life!
Oct 12, 2014 12:30 PM

Jun 2013
twintails gonna save the world !!!
Oct 12, 2014 3:01 PM
Jul 2018
thepath said:
AppoX said:

Does anime need to be logical or have serious story for it to be good and entertaining ?

^ this
Oct 12, 2014 4:54 PM

Jun 2014
This show is dumb as shit, but it reminds me of Power Rangers with the cheesy lines and poorly timed comedy.
I imagine this is a parody of those types of shows.
Be sure to message me if you quoted me and want me to respond! Just give me a link to the forum, because usually I leave my comment, then leave the forum.
Oct 12, 2014 7:08 PM
Jul 2011
There are too many to comment about this series.
I just rewatched the episode.

Thouars looked desperate and it turned weird when she approached Souji and Aika in a unusual way, asking if Souji loves twintails, "At this rate all the twintails in the world will be eliminated", just what is she talking about?
And Souji, becomes serious about twintails being gone?
It is just to hard to hold down my laughter when I always see Souji's seriousness in this episode about twintails in crisis.

Thouars's "There's a price for obtaining great power, and it is a mystery why Souji has to turn into a girl."
What is that mystery?
Aika is right about hitting Thouars for that, no I rather hit her for that setting.

Lizard holding lots of dolls, what is up with those dolls?

Erina will meet Tailred again "As long as you continue to love twintails", what is this?

At the very end "This is the ultimate twintail we all craved for, grave it in your heart!", and leaving the area laughing and comrades makes rejoicing roar noises.
I poured out my laughter, taking it all out.

There are more to write but, I'll stop here for now.
rladls717Oct 12, 2014 7:22 PM
Oct 12, 2014 7:53 PM

Mar 2013
The premise is absolutely retarded, but a super fun likable show nonetheless.
Why didn't the MC take the initiative and fondled Thouars' wonderful oppai?
Jokes aside, Souji's love for twintail was so astounding, that I was even moved.
TWINTAILS FOR LIFE.
Oct 12, 2014 10:57 PM

Feb 2012
So dumb but I loved it. I'm starting to see the appeal behind twin tails, sort of like the first time you play Katawa Shoujo.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 13, 2014 12:01 AM

Jun 2012
WOW, that was so ridiculous. I was expecting something weird, but this is going full retard... I'm actually not hating that. I'll just throw my expectation for any kind of seriousness or logic that I had through the window, bury it in my backyard and burn the whole property.

I do have one complain though : When you animate some sort of talking animal/creature (Lizard in this case), please animate the freaking mouth. I hate when they do that.
Oct 13, 2014 12:11 AM

Jan 2009
this is the best show ever 10/10 AOTS can't wait for next ep
Oct 13, 2014 12:58 AM

Jul 2013
Yea show is truly stupid but funny and have lots of action i am sure many people will watch it just for fun.
Oct 13, 2014 1:25 AM

Apr 2013
wow...i don't even...

this anime has such a ridiculous story line.
decent action though

and it gets some bonus points because the main character is a guy transforms into a girl.

im gonna give it a 6/10 for now
Oct 13, 2014 4:40 AM

Apr 2014
Back again.
Well I am very happy that people now starting to work on a different style of story-lines.

"Gender Bending" style is pretty rare in anime and mostly in games also hope that this anime will start the new era in story-writing.

Well I also working on a game that introduced this sort of things since I notice the lack or only a few games in general that did this.

Well I wanted to see what happened next in this series and other anime or games that my do "Gender Bending" in their style.
Oct 13, 2014 2:08 PM

Aug 2013
Woah, this may be the most retarded and otaku anime I watched so far. And I kinda liked it :P
Well, it's nothing exceptionnal, but I can somehow see the passion behind it.

That ''tail on'' at the end was freaking hilarious. It's a nice reference to Fate/stay night x)

This show is like a weekly dose of cute loli twintail, goofy battle and unrequited childhood friend love. May god have mercy on her, as she has now the earned title of the childhood a sad and terrible fate await her pure love.

I'm looking forward to see more retarded situation. Really great, 11/10 m8
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Oct 13, 2014 5:08 PM

Jan 2014
Reminded me of Power Rangers for some reason :I
...Interesting to say the least
Hi Prem
Oct 14, 2014 12:17 AM
Jul 2011
Aika's and Thouars's reaction after Souji's transformation for the first time from the translated light novel version:

“Wh...!!”
Aika, watching, was also lost for words.
“...What is that.”
“That is our single strongest weapon against those monsters, the Daydream Armor, Tailgear! Aah, you are wonderful, Souji-sama! Ehehehehe total success.”
Twoearle, with a ribbon of drool that was hanging down to the choker around her neck, stared at the panicking Souji with a look of ecstasy on her face.
“...It’s too wonderful, I’m starting to cry!!”
Aika visited Twoearle with the palm of her hand, using even less restraint. It wasn’t a pinpoint strike to her cheek or somewhere this time but an impact to the whole top of her skull.
“Is, is this already a girls’ catfight scene... or actually it is more like being mauled by a tiger...”
“Depending on your answer it really will be like that. What happened, why is Souji a wwwwwoman!! That’s not just girls’ clothing, is it? He’s even way shorter now!!”
“...Aika. In order to obtain great power, you have to pay a corresponding price. It makes a person stronger to face the truth -- little girls are cute, little girls!”
“Is this your fucking rotten hobby---!!”
The sound of a merciless blow.
“That’s not transforming, that’s warped!”
Of course, she didn’t mean “warped” in the sense of metamorphosis.
“Fight fire with fire, they say. When the enemy is ‘hentai,’ a fighter cannot oppose them without becoming HENTAI to a certain degree themselves.”
“So the enemy is yooooooooooooooooooou!!”
Thud, thud, thud...
The head of the beautiful girl whose default was complete corruption - Twoearle’s imagination soared left and right in thrilling leaps.

I wish the lines from the light novel were added in the anime.

To think these two are that kind of relationship, it is rather hard to maintain that seriously.
I want see more of these kinds of scenes on the upcoming episodes.
I'll never get tired of them.
Oct 14, 2014 11:41 AM

May 2014
I kinda wished that the MC actually crossdress and not transform, still good 1st episode.
LunaOct 15, 2014 11:56 PM
Oct 14, 2014 2:31 PM

Oct 2011
I don't get some people, really. Why would you watch the first episode, then complain that it is exactly what was advertised and described in its title itself?!
Oct 14, 2014 3:15 PM

Apr 2011
I'm ambivalent towards twintails but this was something special. 10/10
“Suppose, gentlemen, that man is not stupid.”
Oct 14, 2014 3:52 PM

Mar 2013
DjDrake8 said:
Reminded me of Power Rangers for some reason :I
...Interesting to say the least

Yes, and I love how seriously it seems to take itself while, at the same time, being as over-the-top as possible with the premise. All it needs are giant, morphing, twin-tail robots.
Oct 14, 2014 5:00 PM

Mar 2012
Well, there goes 20 or so minutes of my life that I will never get back...
Oct 14, 2014 6:15 PM
Jun 2014
It was hard for me to take the plot seriously

Maybe I'm watching it wrong
Oct 14, 2014 6:53 PM

Oct 2011
How can I say it without getting embarrassed.....?
I really like it. I really like it because it looks like a plot that isn't serious at all. It's just about ponytails and that's so funny! It's not my favourite, but i'm definitely gonna watch it, it's enjoyable.
(Maybe I'm watching it wrong because to me everything was funny. If it was meant to to be serious, it didn't work. But I doubt it is haha)
Oct 14, 2014 9:41 PM
Jul 2011
The important part of this series is reading the mood.

This is the scene in the light novel version when Erina was captured by the villians:

“Release me!”

Determined resistance.

The monster ran his eyes over her as if he were deciding on her price.

“Ho-hooo, a nice little child! Not only that, but she looks like she’s a princess! A twintail princess... no, indeed, this is nearly perfect! Yours could be the ultimate twintails!!”

“Ultimate...!? No, tell me who you are! You speak human language, don’t you!? Set the other girls free!!”

“I do. As you can see, we can communicate well with each other. And so, I tell you that I cannot release them.”

“Then what are your intentions!”

“You’ll understand soon! First, while I have the opportunity...”

The monster handed a large stuffed animal to the president with an overfamiliar gentleness.

“I want you to hold this kitten stuffie! There is sweetness even in your hostility. A kitten stuffie suits a naughty young girl well!! Hug it!!”

The jet-black figures came up carrying a three-meter-wide pink sofa which it was hard to believe existed, maybe part of their supplies.

They forced the president, now holding the stuffed animal, to sit on it.

“You all, engrave this sight into your minds! Twintails, stuffed animal, and resting on a sofa! This is the golden ratio that my long years of discipline have led me to!!”

“““Mokkekeke--!!”””

The monster was acting like it had at last succeeded in turning gold into a base metal, and on top of that the shrill voices seemed to be cheering it for what it had done. I felt light-headed.

What I see was this whatever this lizard had long years of discipline of, it was led to twintails, stuffed animal, and resting on a sofa.
I do not have to understand why this lizard had learn that kind of things for a long time, but it is too funny for seriously getting discipline for a things like that.

In that scene Souji and Thouars were worried what is about to happen.
But it is only Aika that having hard time to takes things seriously because of this nonsense she was seeing.
Oct 15, 2014 5:28 AM

Jul 2013
that was stupid yet i couldn't stop watching.
Oct 15, 2014 6:34 AM

Dec 2007
Now somebody decides to make a show out of anime-hairstyle.. Okay... I thought I've seen it all by now.
Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ore, Twintails ni Narimasu. Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 27, 2014

53 by ensefalon »»
Jun 10, 2023 9:35 PM

Poll: » Ore, Twintails ni Narimasu. Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 25, 2014

117 by UltiDW »»
Jan 26, 2023 1:08 PM

Poll: » Ore, Twintails ni Narimasu. Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 6, 2014

66 by raldone01 »»
Dec 12, 2022 1:52 PM

Poll: » Ore, Twintails ni Narimasu. Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 11, 2014

62 by alexw1020 »»
Dec 1, 2022 5:41 PM

Poll: » Ore, Twintails ni Narimasu. Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 13, 2014

89 by alexw1020 »»
Nov 26, 2022 9:46 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.