Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Poll: Psycho-Pass 2 Episode 1 Discussion

Oct 9, 2014 11:39 AM

Hell yeah, episode 1 was awesome! Loved the OP and ED. Akane was really awesome in this episode, but Mika needs to have some sense slapped into her.

'Dat OP sequence though...spoiler much? o.o

Oct 9, 2014 11:39 AM

-Resident- said:
Meeehhh, not such a great start IMHO, at least compared to S1.
Some of the dialogues felt very forced,out of place and pretentious. Typical mistakes of the new scriptwriter...

The new characters don't seem interesting at all, for now that is. Don't like Shimotsuki's attitude either. I guess Akane looks and acts more mature now, which was expected.
But her new lines sound more cheesier than they did in S1.

The animation is kinda sloppy when compared to S1. I'm digging the new art though. Akane doesn't look as stoned anymore, which is a good thing.

Glad they kept some tracks from the S1 OST, it really captures the mood of PP. I'm hoping the new OP and ED theme songs will grow on me later on, but for now they'll do the job.

I have a bad feeling about the antagonist this time around though. I hope he's not your typical cookie-cutter. Not that Makishima was a very good antagonist, but he left me with a better initial impression.

So far I can kinda see a small dent in the tracks, which won't cause major issues hopefully.

Bullseye.

"By living a virtuous life, you guide society towards the path of virtue" *Villain who was all crazy-eyed just a moment ago starts crying* That's some deep shit right there.

Or

"Sibyl made a decision that he wasn't worthy of living"
"...but in the end Sibyl reversed that decision"
"Inspector Tsunemori... you are...wrong!"

Wrong about what? xDD She puts her complete trust in Sibyl's decision, but then she thinks Akane who obeys that decision is wrong? Or if we assume she thinks that Akane manipulated the system, it means that the system cannot be trusted. What the fuck is the writer trying to say here? Cheap forced drama for the sake of drama. Sasuga Valvrape/Galilei Donna/Hamatora's writer. Chu chu all aboard.

Also Tatsunoko's production values aren't anything to write home about.
Modified by OwaruSekai, Oct 9, 2014 2:10 PM

Oct 9, 2014 11:40 AM

LPGeneratorx said:
This new Mika bitch is really annoying though. I'm not looking forward to her character. Also, at the end there, is that Kagari?!

She's going to turn into a villain/her hue goes crazy trying to go against Akane's ways. Probably going to join up with the character shown at the end :D

Oct 9, 2014 11:41 AM

Great 1st ep, and damn that ending.
The higher I get , The lower I'll sink.

Oct 9, 2014 11:41 AM

Not as impressive as the first season, but looking good so far.
Great to see Mika became an inspector after PP1.
Great to see Ginoza as an enforcer. His dad would be proud :)
No Shinya so far though... I wonder if he will show up this season at all.

Oct 9, 2014 11:42 AM

Ginoza looks good without his glasses.

Oct 9, 2014 11:44 AM
Why Kougami Shinya will not appears in this season?
Please respond me :(

Oct 9, 2014 11:45 AM

Damn, the action was really fast in this episode. It's great to have Psycho-Pass back finally! A great start to the second season.

Can't wait to see how this progresses!

Oct 9, 2014 11:47 AM

Vexper said:
She's going to turn into a villain/her hue goes crazy trying to go against Akane's ways. Probably going to join up with the character shown at the end :D

This one is hoping for something terribly bad.
Haters always gonna hate.

Oct 9, 2014 11:49 AM
Mika is annoying as hell ..

Akane seems more mature with her decision making.

Decent OP and ED.

Oct 9, 2014 11:52 AM
Decent start nothing special yet
i didn't like the new characters at all there's something strange about them.
nice OP.

Oct 9, 2014 11:53 AM

SaveTheAralSea said:
Ginoza looks good without his glasses.

[/quote]
WTF, did he have a lasik.

and WTF was I the only person who noticed Tsunemori smoking on opening video.

Oct 9, 2014 11:55 AM
omfg, why this mika has to be such an annoying cunt, will be hard to go through this season
Modified by Swedgin, Oct 9, 2014 12:12 PM
That's how I see like more than half of the MAL users with their "waifus", hentais, harems, weird-ass video games and all that shit

Oct 9, 2014 11:59 AM
Was a decent start, not sure how I feel about all the inspectors being female.. seems kinda odd, should have probably made the big guy an inspector. Also not sure why the dominator went into lethal mode at the end there, made no sense. Overall my expectations are still low but I do see some hope.

Oct 9, 2014 12:00 PM

Barion-Zara said:
DAT OP *A*

OP sucks.
But this was OK episode I think.
Of course not anime of the fall 2014, but still enjoyable.
PS.
3D CGI still sucks :|

3/5
Dub = fake crap. Always.

Oct 9, 2014 12:00 PM

Good to have it back, was wishing for a better OP from that singer though he can be amazing.
Also experienced main character is cool.

Holy crap that after credits scene was good though.

Oct 9, 2014 12:04 PM

so is the person at the end another anomaly with an abnormally clear hue as an antagonist

Oct 9, 2014 12:05 PM

Well it started more or less line in the 1st season with a new girl only Aakane was not that annoying like this new chick. The rest was fine and thos spoilers in the OP...

Oct 9, 2014 12:05 PM

rsc-pl said:

OP sucks.
3/5

You suck. After listening to it for 3 times I realized that it's awesome. Adapt your ears bro...

Oct 9, 2014 12:09 PM
What an episode. Psycho-Pass is back and started with a bang.

The music is great as always, that ED song was fucking great. I missed EGOIST.

Akane was was such a bad ass. Shes grown so much and I'm so excited to see how she continues to do so. Mika is pretty annoying, but I have a feeling something will happen to her and change that. Ginoza, Yayoi and Shion are always welcome. Hope to see more from the new characters soon and I wonder how they will play into the story.

Great episode. The hype is real, especially after the ending part. New Makishima of the series?

Oct 9, 2014 12:10 PM

no direct spoilers in the OP. Anyway, so good
Miss Kougami, wonder if he'll show up
Hate Mika
Hate the way people treat enforcers, I LOVE AKANE SO MUCH. FAVOURITE CHARACTER CLIMBING HER WAY UP INTO MY LIST :D
So hyped
And how do you all know the next episodes are going to be 25 minutes long? does it say that somewhere? This one was just 22 ish.
And also, the french writing in the OP says "the color is what you.." and then it says "free white", does it all mean something? :3
"If you don't love anyone, it'll make your life easier. But, I don't want to believe it's useless to love anyone" - Hikari Sakishima

Oct 9, 2014 12:11 PM
Sparteh said:
Quite impressive ending.

I thought the ending was the worst part honestly, it kinda contradicted scenes from the first season and this one as well.

Oct 9, 2014 12:11 PM
If any of you didn't see it, here's Kogami in the opening-
http://i.gyazo.com/37db5e1c74bd402da559fed46cfdf363.png

Oct 9, 2014 12:17 PM
My guess is that Kogami is the leader of an Anit-Sybal group that the guy in the ending is a part of.

Oct 9, 2014 12:18 PM

Nice introduction and right into the action, say good-bye to Division 2. If Shisui survived and he didn't kill her immediately she won't be living for long that's obvious, only to serve as hostage/trap. Who would have thought that all the time it was the other way around - he disguised himself as woman and left the car with autopilot. He, Shikahokoi Kiritou, new antagonist.

Let's see where this leads next, one and half year has passed and now we have branwashing drug distributed and used willingly. New cast and enforces are yet to be introduced properly but I have a feeling that Tougane is somehow tied to Sibyl and that it was him who lowered that Psycho-Pass score.

I wonder if this season can top the last one... so far I don't think so cause I'm lacking some charismatic character. It was standard episode on par of previous anime but it wasn't overly good either. Let's hope there will be some great overlapping story and that 11 episodes are enough to conclude this with decent ending. Or at least with upcoming January movie.

Oct 9, 2014 12:20 PM

mac9955 said:

That proves nothing. Kogami is supposed to be more muscular. I'm pretty sure that's the new guy and there's no real reason for Kogami to be in this season since he already had his revenge.

Oct 9, 2014 12:21 PM

Was that Kougami tied up in the OP?

I really want to see him in this season :(

ArdenFolgore said:
mac9955 said:

That proves nothing. Kogami is supposed to be more muscular. I'm pretty sure that's the new guy and there's no real reason for Kogami to be in this season since he already had his revenge.
Well, if he's tied up, he could have been starved (?) maybe. I just really want to see him this season OTL

Oct 9, 2014 12:24 PM

Loved the first season, but for some reason I didn't like this episode as much as I thought I would... Well I hope I'll like it later as much
"Laugh, and the world laughs with you; Weep, and you weep alone". Ella Wheeler Wilcox

Oct 9, 2014 12:28 PM
ArdenFolgore said:
mac9955 said:

The hair style is EXACTLY the same as Kogami's, the new guys is different.

mac9955 said:

He is literally all over the place in OP on the couch, next to Tougane's face and tied onto this chair.
But he could be just hologram made to lure her into a trap and disappear as indicated, I wouldn't be surprised after this episode.

Loved how badass, yet caring Akane has become <3 queen!

This episode was pretty okay, to be honest. I'm not a big fan of the OP and ED songs, but I do love the animation! Still top tier even after switching animation companies. I'm expecting only the best for this series, and I hope it lives up to the hype!

Oct 9, 2014 12:31 PM

Great episode. Akane waiting until that guy's coefficient went down to paralyze him instead of just killing him. That was an interesting ending.

Oct 9, 2014 12:31 PM
WHERE IS MY KOGAMI :(
I was really hype about the new season but this episode did not stand
the hype that I had.
But still 8/10 very good episode, I hope that it will become a Masterpiece.

Oct 9, 2014 12:32 PM

I just loooooove the opening.

And the episode was good. We can't really say much about new characters yet, but they have the potential.

Why so many complains? O.o

Oct 9, 2014 12:33 PM
Mich666 said:
mac9955 said:

He is literally all over the place in OP on the couch, next to Tougane's face and tied onto this chair.
But he could be just hologram made to lure her into a trap and disappear as indicated, I wouldn't be surprised after this episode.

Ooh, that makes sense. I still think Kogami will be back this season.

Oct 9, 2014 12:35 PM

Mich666 said:
mac9955 said:

I'm not sure about on the couch and next to Tougane, but the one tied up definitely looks like him.

kronos7 said:
Why so many complains? O.o
Cuz the best man is missing.

Oct 9, 2014 12:41 PM

Good start. Although compared to the openings of last season I don't really care much for this new opening.

Oct 9, 2014 12:43 PM
Sanji Fangirl

Do not like the new girl.

And Ginoza was so much hotter with glasses T _ T

Also i have a feeling that new brown haired guy is connected to Makishima in a way.
His name is Shou and they have the same voice actor.
Might just be a stupid theory.

Looking forward to learn more about the new bad guy : D

Oct 9, 2014 12:44 PM

Awesome to have psycho pass finally back. Mika is annoying as fuck. On the other hand I really like Akane now shes matured. I can't wait until SHINYA KOUGAMI shows up. I have very high hopes for this season. A shame it's only 11 episodes.

Oct 9, 2014 12:57 PM

Awesome episode. It's been a while since I watched PP. Having a slight problem with easily distinguishing the inspectors (except Akane). By the end figured out the visual cues, still not too easy.

Mika - freckles, red hair tie, annoying.
Aoyanagi - slightly squinting, angry look, slightly reddish long hair.
Shisui - short hair.

Oct 9, 2014 12:57 PM
I absolutely loved it. It had everything we could have hoped for. The epic OP revealed enough about the future that I could just sit back and enjoy the introduction episode. Was pleasantly surprised to meet our new villain at the end.

Best part about the whole episode was the OP revealing that Kougami is back and playing an integral part of the story. That alone is enough to keep me giddy with hype going into next week.

Oct 9, 2014 12:58 PM

No Makishima Shougo.
0/10

Seriously though, I wasn't really pleased with the first episode. That other inspector is really pissing me off. The ending was quite intersting, though.

Oct 9, 2014 12:59 PM
Right back into a Psycho pass. Love the ost the opening song is very good. The visual weren't what I was expecting but had the first season opening feels to it. Akane is back and still kickass. She isn't quick to pull the trigger If the person can be saved which is a good attribute to have. Wonder who the new enforcers are they dont seem impressive though. Wonder where kogami?

Oct 9, 2014 1:00 PM

LoneUlfsark said:

Mika - freckles,

You can have freckles from drinking an absurd amout of piss. I saw one Japanese professor on TV that used to drink his own piss everyday and now his face is full of freckles. It must be a result of that.

Oct 9, 2014 1:01 PM

Its back. Akane is back. The same psycho pass we know. Slight changes but nothing that makes me go crazy.

Oct 9, 2014 1:04 PM
Acid flashback

Didn't feel as accomplished and atmospheric as the first season, but then again, things can get better and is darn sight better than most stuff this season. I like how Akane despite her more mature persona, is still the same sweet girl as the past season. The new detective is pretty annoying, but I'm thinking she'll get a rude awakening at some point as to the flaws of her thinking.

That ED was terrible though. I cannot believe so many people here think that's good music. Oh well,
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Oct 9, 2014 1:08 PM

I don't know.
I doesn't feel the same without him, only time will tell.

Oct 9, 2014 1:10 PM
Really loved this part of the OP. Great contrast between backgrounds and emotions.

I'm also REALLY HYPED for this.

Oct 9, 2014 1:10 PM
I was a bit doubtful about the second season of Psycho Pass, but it appears there was no reason to fright.

Oct 9, 2014 1:15 PM

Wow. That was epic; Akane is boss.

Can't wait for her internal conflicts. And seems like Mika's annoying like Akane's initial appearance *shrugs*

Pages (9) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »