Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 9 »
Oct 12, 2014 2:27 AM
Nov 2010
I really liked this episode. I really liked seeing Akane grow and be the decisive veteran but I still kinda missing some of the old characters and enforcers especially like Tomomi Masaoka and of course Kougami and even Shuu, but definitely seeing Ginzoa especially, Karanomori, the lab girl and Kunizuka was definitely comforting. I thought the episode series has a good start, jumping right into the action and seeing Akane's sense of justice and growth. That ending definitely was a good cliff hanagar as well.
Oct 12, 2014 2:34 AM

Jul 2013
HOLLYYYY THAT ENDING

Great OP and ED as expected. Loving Akane, she's become even more awesome and Ginozaa-saaannnn.

Aoyanagi though...really gets on my nerves. She's even worse than how Ginoza used to treat the Enforcers.
Oct 12, 2014 3:13 AM

Aug 2007
Just a theory inspired by the OP (=low probability spoilers)

Thoughts?
Oct 12, 2014 3:31 AM

Oct 2013
Glad to see Psycho Pass back and at the same time,I can't help but be worried too. While I though this was a very good starting episode to re-introduce viewers into the world of PP,I hope it picks up as a sequel next week since it doesn't have much time to work with.

Not happy with Mika since we're already seen growth from a naive and/or ignorant inspector to a more understanding & mature one with Akane & Ginoza last season,which were way more interesting characters to start off with + they weren't annoying.

Also,I can't say that Kougami's absence wasn't felt,as well as the fatherly figure that was Masaoka. Overall,the new members of the cast feel lacking compared to the old we had and still have(well,maybe except for Yayoi) but I'm willing to give them a chance and

Tougane at least seems to have an important reason for being here.
Oct 12, 2014 6:44 AM

Apr 2014
great on 1st impression. just only a question for this
WHY THIS SEQUEL ONLY RUNNING FOR 11 EPISODE ? AND SHIMOTSUKI STOP SQUAWKING, really annoying, u hurt my HanaKana
Oct 12, 2014 6:48 AM

Apr 2010
Akane is badass.
The episode was pretty normal, not that great in my opinion...
Oct 12, 2014 7:38 AM

Jul 2014
Dat ending holy shit, another version of makishima but it looks he doesnt have any purpose of killing not like makishima ._.

Oct 12, 2014 8:47 AM

Mar 2014
Wow that was awesome, the new crew is also not bad

Akane really has change, she is becoming more tougher (though I don't about her fighting skill but no matter)

Finally the music Ling Toshite Sigure and Egoist is incredible I love them !!

RedChromeOct 12, 2014 9:02 AM
Oct 12, 2014 9:29 AM

Dec 2013
Mika is so damn annoying.

Anyway like many had mention, Akane has shown maturity and had grown to have better judgement and confidence. I wonder how long has it been since S1?
Stay in yesterday 時を止めて
Oct 12, 2014 9:35 AM

Jan 2011
the OP has too many repeating movements, the animations of the episode is fine but feel like not as good as the season 1

oh now only left with one competent detective, need to see more of the new characters...

will be better if that guy at the end is Kogami haha
Oct 12, 2014 9:36 AM

Jun 2009
Benphyre said:

Anyway like many had mention, Akane has shown maturity and had grown to have better judgement and confidence. I wonder how long has it been since S1?

Mika joined at the end of PP1.

And she said she have worked as an inspector for 1.5 years.

So a year and a half.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 12, 2014 9:50 AM

Dec 2013
AirStyles said:
Benphyre said:

Mika joined at the end of PP1.

And she said she have worked as an inspector for 1.5 years.

So a year and a half.

Oh yeah I totally missed out on that point. Thanks mate
Stay in yesterday 時を止めて
Oct 12, 2014 11:09 AM
Jun 2012
I really dislike how they did this episode.
The new characters are boring, the OP&ED are nowhere near as good and the writing is just not as good.
Am I the only one who noticed this ( that question comes through the high rating it has atm. )? 'Cause if I wouldn't know the name of this anime then Psycho-Pass would be the last thing that comes to my mind.
Will continue to watch it because I loved the first season, but I really hope it gets better.
Oct 12, 2014 11:31 AM

Aug 2014
Yuntu said:
I really dislike how they did this episode.
The new characters are boring, the OP&ED are nowhere near as good and the writing is just not as good.
Am I the only one who noticed this ( that question comes through the high rating it has atm. )? 'Cause if I wouldn't know the name of this anime then Psycho-Pass would be the last thing that comes to my mind.
Will continue to watch it because I loved the first season, but I really hope it gets better.

Well of course they're boring. They're new characters. And it's just the first ep.

Xway101 ~By me~
Oct 12, 2014 11:40 AM

Jan 2014
psycho pass oh how ive missed you
damn akane looks so much older O.o she's really changed.... her innocence is gone, kind of a shame really... but i like how she does things, she's not as rigid as ginoza was
speaking of gino, he's also changed a lot. gosh their little group has such an intricate backstory i feel like the new people dont belong
screw mika
holy fuck that ending. i hope it's not another makishima type character though, that would be too predictable
kogami better show up soon
Oct 12, 2014 12:01 PM

Mar 2013
I kind of miss the old animation. This one is not that bad, but just different.
And dat opening made me so curious. Looking forward to get to know those new characters.
Oct 12, 2014 3:19 PM

Jul 2010
Psycho-Pass is back with full force and I'm loving it! Really looked like they pumped up the budget for the second season, with these visuals and seiyuus. Very tense Mexican standoff near the end there too!

I do feel the huffy puffy junior inspector is going to be a problem later on since she's willing to go on Sibyl's initial decision without question, but I'm sure she'll come around eventually (after she fucks something up of course).

Not a fan of the OP so far. The vocals seemed really off-key to me. Conversely, I am a fan of the ED! Real nice combo of sounds, just like last season.

Also; dat after-ED scene... damn.

Mod Edit: Removed quote of deleted post.
sarroushOct 13, 2014 6:58 AM

Oct 12, 2014 3:42 PM

Aug 2013
Ohh, a second Makishima? This will be interesting. I think it was somewhat obvious that the bomb guy was being manipulated, but when Akane that he was an hoogram and that the other girl confirmed it, I just got along with it. So the after-credit surprised me.

Gotta love Akane sense of justice. Due to her background, she doesn't jsut applicate the Sibyl systeme, as she knows it is extremely flawed. And destroying that robot, that was badass. Black hair enforcer surprisingly agreed with Akane plan. He seem to have some sympathy for criminals too. And maybe he just trust enough to follow Akane.

New inspector is pretty cocky. Didn't expected that with her arrival at the end of the second season. But she doesn't really know the truth behind the Sibyl system. She'll probably go through some changes during the season.

Ginoza, plz don't die :(
I don't know why, I have the feeling he'll follow his dad in the tomb...
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Oct 12, 2014 7:55 PM

Jul 2009
it was okay..
it felt a bit cliche though. ignorant, naive junior and the omnipotent akane who's so smart now. yay..
Oct 12, 2014 10:12 PM

May 2012
Cool stuff, looking forward to see where the plot goes...
Oct 12, 2014 10:40 PM

Aug 2013
Good start, new characters and some problems within the Department, Akane and Mika are already in conflict (seems I've seen this before), also a new villain appears, now only missing Kogami appear to let the complete series, for me he is the badass of serie ..
Oct 12, 2014 11:23 PM

Sep 2011
Oh, Psycho-Pass, how I've missed you so dearly<3. Glad it's back and it didn't disappoint me. The new char (Mika) is not starting to piss me off, though; like really piss me off. Other than that, it was a great episode. That ending was also pretty nice to see, guessing he'll be the main antagonist throughout the series.

Sad to see it's only 11 episodes, but that'll be what the movie is for I guess.
Oct 13, 2014 12:09 AM

Nov 2013
Holy fucking shit that ending!

The new villain seems so fucking cruel yet pretty badass.

The new ED song is so goddamn sick!

Great first episode!

Oct 13, 2014 12:13 AM

Nov 2013
Master_Yoma said:
Akane got awesome
I agree. She's much more badass this time around than she was before. Too bad now we have to deal with Mika's stupidity.

Oct 13, 2014 12:14 AM

Nov 2013
Zapredon said:
Great start. Another guy like Makishima Shogo that immune to Sybil system. Miss Kogami.
Yeah I hope Kougami returns. He was the very definition of cool.

Yukari31 said:
The OP was ok , but i'd perfer the first season OP... Abnormalize was awsome :D

Akane such a badass XD becoming her fan now XD

Shimotsuki is one hell of an annoying bitch ! i just want to punch in her face >.<

Ginoza is f*ckin' handsome without the glasses :D
Abnormalize was definitely better. This new OP has too many repeating animations.

Mod Edit: Merged duplicated posts; please use the edit button.
sarroushOct 13, 2014 6:59 AM

Oct 13, 2014 1:26 AM
Aug 2011
Not so crazy about the OST and ED, but it's alright.

Not liking the new inspector either, though it's just my judgement at a glance so that has a lot of room to change. I really love seeing how much development Akane had gone through, though. And yet personally the anime feels empty without Kogami. :( Oh well.

Really intrigued to see what happens next after that little preview at the very end.

4/5
Oct 13, 2014 6:24 AM

Jun 2011
Oh my god I LOVE that OP! *^* ED was good too
Damn I missed this show, seeing Akane being all badass is awesome~ I will miss Shinya and Shougo though :<
Can't say much after the first episode but my expectations are high
Oct 13, 2014 7:00 AM

Dec 2008
Thread cleaned
Please refrain from quote chaining, 1 word posting and spamming.
I should really finish season 1 so I can comment on season 2...
Oct 13, 2014 8:04 AM
Jun 2013
can some one please expalin to me how akane shot the robot with the dominator on destroy decomposer mode ?? aren't dominators supposed to shoot only humans?? i'm so confused !!!
Oct 13, 2014 8:09 AM

Feb 2010
Miya_L8 said:
can some one please expalin to me how akane shot the robot with the dominator on destroy decomposer mode ?? aren't dominators supposed to shoot only humans?? i'm so confused !!!

No, they decompose robots too, happened already in the first season.
Oct 13, 2014 10:30 AM

Jul 2010
Monsterguy said:
Who is this person at 5.21 in the intro:

I am starting to think it is Mika she was long hair and same eyes
Oct 13, 2014 10:32 AM

Jul 2010
Vanisher said:
Miya_L8 said:

No, they decompose robots too, happened already in the first season.

Yeah the dominator destroyed a hunter dog ,well Kougami did ,but that's on season one
Oct 13, 2014 10:36 AM

Jul 2010
Rayzer said:
Silver4000 said:

That after crédits, who was that guy?

He is this guy.

Shockingly his name is Kirito
Oct 13, 2014 2:58 PM
Nov 2011
I loved the episode! it was absolutely amazing! ahhh I missed Akane.

now this new inspector character girl.. I don't really like her she seems kind of tsundere and I don't like it.

anyway looks like theres gonna be some new villains? and what exactly happened with that guy who was trying to shoot the guy with high CC?
I'm confused but I'm not trying hard to get it either so I'll see what happens.

OP and ED are ok, I like them even though not as much as I liked the first ones from the 1st season
Oct 13, 2014 5:25 PM

Jun 2010
that ending had me look wooot
<--- Who Your Waifus Look Up To --->
Oct 13, 2014 6:05 PM

Feb 2014
This episode got straight to the point. It was just about Akane, the new inspector and the case. I gotta say, I'm impressed because I thought this season would be worse than S1.

The OP and ED is nice but I still enjoy S1 music. Maybe i'll like it if I listen to it more.

Mika is okay. Maybe her opinion of Akane and the rest. She's probably the way she is because of the death of her friends in S1. I don't hate her, but she's not going to be a character I'll like. I want more development on Hinakawa and Tougane though.....

That ED. I think I'm going to love the new villain!!
Oct 13, 2014 6:35 PM

Jan 2014
Good start. Not too terribly interested in the villain so far, more in how Akane handles it and her junior inspector.

Hope Kogami returns and starts a revolution though (since we see him sailing towards freedom at the end of S1).
Oct 13, 2014 8:10 PM

Aug 2014
Okay episode. I'm not very fond of Mika.
Oct 13, 2014 8:30 PM

May 2012
Seems like shit.

Hamatora and P4 script writer ?

Well played shit tier.
Sword in hand, a warrior clutches stone to breast. In sword etched he his fading memories In stone, his tempered skill By sword attested, by stone revealed. Their tale can now be told
Oct 14, 2014 5:25 AM

Sep 2014
Damn mika is annoying as hell but other then that amazing still feels like the same psycho pass we all love just without kougami:( Akane btw is a bad ass now :D
Oct 14, 2014 3:43 PM
Mar 2011
Annoying episode. I really hated that Inspector woman (I think she also appeared in some episodes of the first season, but I'm not sure, I think she's the one who became evil at the end). If she stays in the show, I think I won't watch it. And it seems they still didn't introduce a (or the?) main character? Or will there be several main characters?
Oct 15, 2014 5:02 AM

Jul 2010
Liked it!

Hope Yayoi & Shion are still a thing x3
Oct 15, 2014 7:43 AM

Nov 2012
OP & ED were pretty awesome :) that's it unfortunately :( i dunno... it felt so different when compared to season 1. The ending was nice though, that vilain looked interesting!
Oct 15, 2014 10:57 AM

Jun 2011
Kamui Kirito, the guy you see at the end of this episode? The one who used the holo-woman disguise? He´s not just a guy, as many people here say.
He was an enforcer of Division 2 who tried to escape during Makishima´s attack on the Sybil System back then in season 1. But he was caught - and supposedly eliminated.

Wow, it really seems a lot of people did not watch the Extended Editions or did not catch that scene - go watch Episode 9 of the Extended Edition, pretty early on in the episode, you´ll see what I talked about.

All in all, solid first episode. Like the new Ginoza and Akane´s approach - now I get what she meant when she talked to the Sybil System at the end of the first series.
Can´t say I like her new sidekick though - I don´t know what they plan to do with her character. Was hyped for her at first, but she´s just annoying for now.

Can´t say much for the long haired scaredycat psycho looking enforcer. Though I already like Tougane Sakuya.

By the way, from the OP, it looks like Sakuya is either part of the villains (maybe the villains this time are escaped enforcers who faked their deaths along with the "Rebellion" from season 1, with Sakuya as their leader?) or he could be Kogami using a Holo disguise - since the OP showed him and Kogami as "being the same person" - I mean even Sakuya´s line near the end of the episode reminded me of Kogami.

Meh, I´m probably wrong, but for now, I thought this series would be a trainwreck. But if this episode is anything to go by, it might be pretty good.
Oct 16, 2014 11:04 AM

Sep 2014
one_eyed_dragon said:
Kamui Kirito, the guy you see at the end of this episode? The one who used the holo-woman disguise? He´s not just a guy, as many people here say.
He was an enforcer of Division 2 who tried to escape during Makishima´s attack on the Sybil System back then in season 1. But he was caught - and supposedly eliminated.

Wow, it really seems a lot of people did not watch the Extended Editions or did not catch that scene - go watch Episode 9 of the Extended Edition, pretty early on in the episode, you´ll see what I talked about.

"Ryogo Kouzuki"? Same Seiyuu with similar looking hair but are they really the same person?
Oct 17, 2014 7:53 AM

Mar 2013
i probably gonna drop that after 3 episodes or so. I think the first season was fine (i gave it a 6/10) but this season has nothing which made the first one interesting (like being new to the system and getting it explained by the eyes from the childish protagoinst). I would rather watch Ghost in the Shell SAC again (first or second season) since those are WAY better futuristic anime with a more realistic storytelling and better soundtrack, visuals, actions and everything which makes those kind of shows worth watching.
Oct 17, 2014 9:20 AM

Nov 2011
3/5

Wow, I'm one of the few black sheep not to be satisfied with the first episode in what I see! XD
It pains me to say it, but I was not too involved as I imagined.
Episode average if not less than that seen in the 1st season, not bad, but not very interesting.
Narration too confusing, you realize that the intention is to present the characters, but there is no way to do it because you have to follow the action and also the subtitle, and the characters in the cast, almost no one notices.
The drawings are good, but the props I do not like, a bit like in the first season.
Not a bad twist at the end, that is what I like.
For now, I will limit myself to only judge this. My vote is 6/10!
terrablu2003Oct 17, 2014 9:23 AM
Oct 18, 2014 11:08 AM

Jul 2009
Awesome! Love the OP and ED songs.
11 episodes won't be enough =/
Oct 18, 2014 12:46 PM

Dec 2010
I don't really like how they went for a Tokyo Ghoul-ish emo-off OP.

Other than this, the episode was fine, Tsunemori is flawless as always and I like how she went for saving the criminal. The new Detective really gets on my nerves. The reveal of the villain at the end felt really good, I wouldn't like much episodes get wasted when we get only 1 cour this time. I hope he can deliver as well.
Oct 18, 2014 3:06 PM
Feb 2013
Haeduans said:
shinezu said:
The change in writing is glaring..compared to the SD first episode, this one lacked suspense and gritty atmosphere.
I'm not entirely sure what SD is, but the lack of suspense you have just stated is, I believe, highly subjective and relative to the viewer. If you are meaning to compare it with the 1st ep of season 1, then let me ask what kind of suspense you are immersed into that compelled you to conclude that the latter or the second one is lacking in suspense? Hmm.. watching a Dominator blow up a man into lumps of flesh, perhaps? How about considering it such that most of the needed basic conceptions of the PP universe is now almost uncovered and put into light, and while the 1st ep of season 2 is currently kicking in, might be it that this episode is not really trying to be suspenseful at all?

I also have my opinion that the episode we are referring to is gritty enough in a sense Akane's actions does have deep courage and determination infused on it; otherwise do you find it gritty in s1 that Kogami was willing to boldly shoot latent criminals out of.. more paycheck (as what the script has said)? Or you find that instance where Akane shoot Kogami without hesitation, is what gritty is? Nevertheless, I don't think ep1 of previous season is that suspenseful and gritty though to warrant saying that the latter is lacking of it. More like we were just being introduced to PP universe in a friendly way, so let's assume the suspense we have before is just a pseudo-thing.

shinezu said:
I was neither repelled nor sympathetic towards the culprit, and it never had me guessing what will happen next.
Not that it's kind of incorrect not to harbor feelings on the culprit, it's more like the title of the first episode, "THE SCALES OF JUSTICE" was meant to give an impression of how Akane has radically changed now that we know the fact that she knew about the true nature of Sibyl system. The culprit is indispensable, this episode was an introduction for Akane's way of administering justice, and it's not the case that the writers supplied us with a bland culprit. Nevertheless, Akane being the central and focal point, is just one of the important things to consider up to this point.

shinezu said:
Shame really, having fewer but better fleshed-out characters would have been more preferable.
There's not enough conflict to begin with if we are just to stay with the original characters. Makishima dead (not sure though, would be great if he is still alive), some of Div1 members, dead. Let's just say that PP2 needs to introduce some "not so fleshed-out" characters out of necessity, otherwise it is impossible to come up with a story line that would not rely on recycling things and cliche patterns.

shinezu said:
The animation quality though leaves much to be desired. Visuals though looked messy, without a semblance of single style.
Honestly, I did not notice any kind of major changes to the visual animation, aside from Akane's face getting quite more serious and stoned. Care to enlighten/explain further?

shinezu said:
Like many mentioned, too many hints and possible spoilers.
Possible spoilers might be a good way to stir things up so people would talk more about Psycho Pass, and thus generate a little amount of popularity. It's not that bad having us speculate and make wild hypotheses out of it, chances are most of us won't be able to guess the plot though.

Well put, Haeduans, well put.

You have always whiners and complainers, but just as you said, many notions of it being 'inferior' to the former season is premature at best, and wilfully negativistic at worst. Much boils down on subjective personal preference, unrealistic expectations, or perceived but not universally noticeable (claims of) degraded animation/style. And also, of course, the fact that by now we DO know a lot of the Psycho Pass universe.

So, no, the suspense and plottwist will not be in (re)discovering what the sybil system is (for the viewer), obviously. Doesn't mean the series can't surprise us in other ways. And, in fact, I thought the first two episodes hold quite some suspense, in a certain way even more than the first two of the first series.

It's clearly going to be a top-series of this season. Some people would better do to keep their expectations realistic, and enjoy the show for what it delivers. It's damn good so far.

Then again, some even thought the first one was crap, so there is no debating taste. I can only hope the eternal complainers drop the series soon, if it's that much to their dislikings. Nothing worse than a troll complaining how worthless, boring and unwatchable the series is, week after week after week.
Pages (9) « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 9 »

More topics from this board

» is this season really that bad? ( 1 2 )

beloving - Jan 7, 2015

62 by Garrett_Dark »»
Feb 22, 6:20 PM

Poll: » Psycho-Pass 2 Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

-Riri- - Dec 18, 2014

639 by Garrett_Dark »»
Feb 22, 4:45 PM

Poll: » Psycho-Pass 2 Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 11, 2014

263 by Garrett_Dark »»
Feb 22, 3:08 PM

Poll: » Psycho-Pass 2 Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 4, 2014

335 by Garrett_Dark »»
Feb 22, 2:02 PM

Poll: » Psycho-Pass 2 Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 27, 2014

353 by Garrett_Dark »»
Feb 22, 12:50 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.