Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Poll: Psycho-Pass 2 Episode 1 Discussion

Oct 9, 2014 4:33 PM

THAT AFTER CREDITS SCENE, THAT OPENING WAS FREAKING AWESOME TOO

Oct 9, 2014 4:41 PM

The pacing was weird, but the episode wasn't that bad I guess.

The part at the end was interesting, the OP seems pretty spoilerish.
Kougami is in the OP so he will show up for sure.

Oct 9, 2014 4:50 PM

Kougami is in OP Kougami is in OP Kougami is in OP! *fangirl*
Yes the purple guy in OP is Kougami no matter how you look at it, no doubt!
And also here:

Even if we can't see his face clearly, I think the one sitting on couch and chair is him too..

Akane is pretty cool and Mika is annoying by the way
Modified by hokaru, Oct 9, 2014 4:58 PM

Oct 9, 2014 4:53 PM

Interesting start, I always give an anime three episode to develop before passing initial judgment, but I actually like Mika as her seemingly manic devotion to sibyl provides contrast to Akane's middle ground approach.

I'm glad the end stinger narration seems to suggestion that we will eventually figure out what Akane is because there's no way she's a regular person since she almost never has a clouded psycho-pass (I think in the first season it only ever went up to 44).

I really hope that band from the first season plays a part because that episode seemed so much like filler that it annoys me.
Modified by EDNivek, Oct 9, 2014 5:09 PM

Oct 9, 2014 5:13 PM
i think WC? is well care? a mockery toward ministery of wellfare or the department that akane work and "wellcare" new medicle drug.

Oct 9, 2014 5:16 PM

pokpokza said:
i think WC? is well care? a mockery toward ministery of wellfare or the department that akane work and "wellcare" new medicle drug.

Perhaps water closet because future Japan is in the shitter?

Oct 9, 2014 5:17 PM
Thousand-Eyes said:
Akane was so damn annoying in the first season, but she was way better than Mika. Mika is the new Akane except ten times more annoying. Akane has developed into a fine leader here. Still, I don't think this sequel was necessary at all. A new bad guy that has attributes similar to Makishima and a new cast of enforcers to go after him is just the same stuff again. Sure there might be new twists and turns, but Kogami Shinya was bad-ass and there just doesn't seem to be that kind of bad-ass here.

we will see , i see this season is a new expansion , last season we have Makishima , crimanal mastermind who help other people achieve their revenge, but this new dude is different , his method is to target the "police" directly and even know how to exploit the weakness of domitor ,and the dominator vs dominator in the preview kinda give that vibe away, it's gonna be police vs police vs people.

Oct 9, 2014 5:18 PM

Great first episode!

Akane is a lot more confident this season and I like that we still have some returning characters. I can't stand Mika though and they just need to kill her character off right away!

I really miss Kogami though! Hope we see him back sometime!
So glad that I'm not a huge manga reader, because the manga readers WHINE WAY TOO MUCH and have to RUIN every adapted anime for the ANIME ONLY WATCHERS!

Oct 9, 2014 5:19 PM
DejWoSWK said:
waisehell said:
Question: why has the guy at the end the same voice as Makishima?

It is probable that he will be similiar to Makishima in some way...it is quite likely that his psycho-pass won't get clouded as well.

I think that would be kinda lame , akane on the other hand , i think she is "Makishima" , remember the first season at the last episode, Makishima is going to shoot her, but the bullet run out then she looked up and he said "You too are...?" and walk away instead of snapping her neck.

Oct 9, 2014 5:20 PM

I waited long for the second season, and it didn't disappoint. I'm hyped for the rest.

Oct 9, 2014 5:23 PM

The OP is shit compared to season 1. Also, there's a big spoiler during the OP: one of the new members on the team (dude with black hair) might be a spy or something, so, it's been 1 episode and we already know he's one of the bad guys...or not?

The ED was pretty cool. New assistant is annoying as fuck. New Akana is badass. Only 11 episodes. Fuck!

Oct 9, 2014 5:46 PM

I didn't expect Mika to be this annoying. Her two friends got dismembered and she's now working for "justice" and she's acting like a diva. Wtf yo.

Oct 9, 2014 5:53 PM

Not a bad start i feel like it's gonna be really hard for em to top S1 but that ending did peak my interest

Kougami! i know you're out there homie come back! lol

Oct 9, 2014 5:54 PM

It was OK, nothing really relevant apart from the ending sequence, the opening gave some huge spoilers (which sucks and makes me wonder what the hell were they thinking), the animation was good but nothing too special. The ending is a really good hook to make you look foward to the next episode.

Really hope the show can actually live up to the hype (and quality) of the first season.

PD: No Urobutcher? Fuck this shit!!

Oct 9, 2014 5:57 PM

So glad I waited till last night to finish up the extended cut, this flowed so perfectly. I kinda wanted to see Mika's first case, but oh well. And yeah she's a pain in the ass, but I'll wait to see how her character is handled. Not a lot of people were fond of Gino early on, and we already know why Mika is the way she is to an extent. Though, it'll really get annoying if her purpose is to question every last thing that Akane does. Also, I think Mika likes Yayoi lol. I like how they did that, as she was the one who comforted her and likely saved her from her hue getting cloudy in the Rikako Oryou case.

The Enforcers obviously seem like a less impactful group so far, but give it time. I love how Gino is treated with the same level of respect as he was as an Inspector, and he acts even more sound than he did before. Expecting good things from him, and I like how he's backing up Akane so adamantly. It seems she'll need it with Mika and Division 2 around. Also him calling Mika "Ojou-san" was just.

Togane is obviously the most intriguing new addition, with his outspokenness with the culprit(moreso the damn spoily OP) Seems to have a connection with Sybil in some way, but might also have some connection with Kou? Hirakawa seems like an awkward, asocial kid that really just wants to do the right thing, but didn't get a lot from him.

Speaking of a connection with Kou, did nobody else think this Kirito guy looked pretty similar to Kou? The eyes and the hair were way too alike to be coincidence, I'm calling brother. Would obviously be a good way to involve Kou in the major plot of the season.

I really liked the addition of Division 2. Had a feeling they'd be more involved due to the bonus footage of Aoyanagi and her Enforcer in the extended cut. That could serve as some important characterization for her, and maybe something to apply to her relationship with Gino(she treated him with the same professional respect as S1 but ended up pointing her Dominator at him in that weird Mexican standoff). Of course, they could also be involved solely for cause of having MWSPB officers killed.

And of course, Akane being a boss was expected and welcome. I hope she's able to convey her mixed feelings about Sybil to Mika eventually, and I'm excited to see how she handles the two new Enforcers going forward, especially Togane.

Really wish the OP didn't have that much foreshadowing, but at least it gives us plenty to think about and look forward to.

Oct 9, 2014 6:00 PM

I think Psycho Pass deserves a season 2 because this society has a lot to explore. I'm kind of sad that it's only going to be one cour. Bur well, if the producers believe they could settle things with only one cour. I'm fine with it.

Did someone analyze the OP? I really want to believe I saw Kougami in the OP, but I guess they just look alike.

Oct 9, 2014 6:14 PM

wow...

I had no idea that Mika was from first season

don't remember her at all

Time to check remake

other than that episode mostly was kinda... meh

but still enjoyable

didn't really like op

Oct 9, 2014 6:15 PM

Pretty good start. I myself am still a little nervous simply due to the amount of controversy there has been with the announcement of different staff working on it, but I'm going to try to stop that from biasing my opinion. I'm not a fan of some of the cgi that was mixed in this episode, but it wasn't TOO much of a problem and I think that it may be implemented better in some of the later episodes. OP and ED are pretty good, and I see a lot of potential for the series (though if I HAVE to compare it to season 1, this introductory episode was slightly inferior), in particular in regards to the "core" story line. Now the real question on everyone's mind is of course: WHEN THE HELL DO WE GET TO SEE KOGAMI?????????

Oct 9, 2014 6:16 PM

I'm so happy to see Akane and Gino again. And that ending scene, way to hype things up! I hope Kougami returns at some point.

I'm sure that the black Enforcer guy is a spy, I have faith on the spoiler(s) in the OP.

Oct 9, 2014 6:43 PM

Liked the first episode. A little bit too much CGI for me, but other than that this looks like it will be a promising second season. Great OP and ED. Can't wait for next week's episode.

Oct 9, 2014 6:45 PM

Decent episode, A+ OP/ED as expected. I pretty much instantly disliked Mika, although i'm sure she'll get more development as a foil to Akane.

Oct 9, 2014 6:46 PM

the op was really spoilerish but the episode itself was decent. i'm not a fan of the new characters yet. however, i have a lot of respect for ginoza and akane after this episode. ginoza's character development was brilliant.

i guess the guy introduced after the ed is similar to makishima

Oct 9, 2014 6:58 PM
WatchGiantRobo

Pretty uneventful/meh up until the ending with the new Makishima/the guy voiced by Sakurai.

Already overplayed the OP and ED so don't like them as much,which sucks :/

Oct 9, 2014 7:38 PM
OP totally sounds like Tokyo Ghoul's OP.

Other than that, HOLY MOTHER THAT WAS THE MOST AWESOME EPISODE 1 I'VE EVER WATCHED. I swear, Inspector Tsunemori COULD. NOT. HAVE. BEEN. MORE. BADASS. And that story, homaigawd.......this show is going to smash every other show this season to bits

Oct 9, 2014 7:41 PM
The op's visuals were pretty interesting. Not really attached to the op song, but I suppose it will grow on me.
Its nice to see Akane and Ginoza again. Don't like Mika. Reminds me of the old Ginoza, but worse.

Oct 9, 2014 7:50 PM

fairly good start, though it feels like they were trying to make akane kougami 2.0 too heavilly, the new girl is immensly annoying, the new villain looks pretty cool but it also looks like they may just be trying to repeat makshima with him though he only had one (pretty awesome) appearance so far. It pace felt kind of too fast for its own good and i worry the 11 episode count is gonna make that continue, still goodish start and its avoiding a trainwreck so far

Kurini said:

Did someone analyze the OP? I really want to believe I saw Kougami in the OP, but I guess they just look alike.
Nah kougami was very visibly in the opening a few times, he will likely just play a very small role in the show this time around though it may actually be the best for him not to return since his character arc is seemingly pretty complete and his escape from sybil's eyes could be a fitting thing to interpretate where he goes from there especially since he has no real reason to take up makshima's task of taking down sybil
Modified by JizzyHitler, Oct 9, 2014 8:04 PM

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Oct 9, 2014 8:11 PM

Wohoooo psycho pass is back ,and this episode did not disappoint
Although I started to hate a character
I love the OP and ED
The new cast boy ,I can't wait

Oct 9, 2014 8:19 PM
Did anyone else notice that one scene where the two male inspectors are chasing after the culprit in a car, and then in the very next scene, they're both in the van? Either they stopped chasing, let Akane and the crew catch up, switch cars, and then hopped into the van or it was a mistake in the animation.

Oct 9, 2014 8:29 PM

Wow I guess I'm glad I didn't pay much attention to the OP because everyone's complaining of spoilers. I got kinda confused who the other two (black haired and red hair dudes) were. Are they both enforcers? I don't like Mika's attitude; I get the feeling she's going to screw up Akane's plans which are all made with good intentions whereas Mika blindly follows the Sybil system. I hope for another really interesting antagonist, which it looks like I'll get from the end after the ED. Can't wait for more. I loved the first season and only wish the second season was longer.

Oct 9, 2014 8:31 PM

Wow things are getting intense fast. Akane shows her will once more by doing what she believes is right. New Inspector is a Sibyl follower to the freaking core, no wonder we hate her (and I read she was around the Oryo case? If so I did not see her at all).

Keiji Fujiwara's character unless I'm imagining things, appears quite often in the opening rivaling other characters, so I take it he will be a bad guy, or will straight them up?

Speaking of the opening, it was gorgeous (and if my ears listen well, it was the same ones that did Tokyo Ghoul's opening right?) alas the repeated parts in the video, made my eyes bleed. I hate the opening video because of that.

Oct 9, 2014 8:49 PM
This is a new animation style but I think I'll get use to it. It's not really that bad....it's unique I guess. At first I felt weird about the opening but after I looked at it more, the animation really fits for this series. Kougami is in the opening, I'm happy about that. I really like the OP and ED songs.

They got through the action pretty quick and I really like Akane's development, I hope that she'll keep this up. That ending was really cool, it seems like we'll have another likeable villain :3

Crap, my shipping senses are tingling, I'm immediately shipping Akane with that guy at the end...I have a problem >.>

Oct 9, 2014 8:50 PM

Looks like S2 is going to be just as subtle as the first.......and by subtle I mean like a raging bull in a China shop. Seriously, they don't have to ram everything down our throats.

Akane's character design is still personally irritating as fuck to me. Head way too big (especially her forehead) skin too pale, too short and those dead eyes.

Seems we're in for another season of watered down GitS.

Oct 9, 2014 8:52 PM

Wow it's actually pretty good for a start, but honestly it doesn't really pique me very high. The starting plot was good but I felt that the introduction of the new characters were a bit rushed, yet it was still able to successfully shift us to a pretty action-filled plot with a rather nice end to the case.

Loved Tsunemori's strategy to 299. Very much like her and it brings aspects of the first season episode, though her lines sound cheesy.

Shimotsuki is the new Ginoza. She seems so rebellious and when she says that Tsunemori is wrong foreshadows a later scuffle between the two. She puts down Enforcers and treats them like "tools." I have to wonder if she'll follow the same path at Ginoza and end up as another future enforcer.

The enforcers were alright. Ginoza and Yayoi were both there so yeah. There were 2 new enforcers, Kimura and oranged-head. Kimura already holds that antagonistic aura and the orange head could be those "tragic past" people who fall into despair. And the small scene after the ED confirms that he's possibly the new Makshima. Although instead of philosophical allusions, he seems like the one to be more physical, headstrong and stealthy.

OP and ED were great though. I find it catchy and suiting, and the opening song scenes were pretty spoiler-esque in terms of that horde of potential criminals seen passing by.

3/5. Good story line. CGI is a pain between 2D and 3D. Characters seem bland but I hope for development.

I wonder where Kogami is. I was looking forward to his appearance.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

Oct 9, 2014 8:52 PM
Aaah it's finally here!
Psycho Pass 2 ;^;
I like the OP, but doesn't beat the first one imo.
The ED was good too but I also like the first one better.
It's nostalgic how this anime keeps Ling Tosite Sigure and Egoist for songs<3

Ginoza as an enforcer + no glasses, suugggoiii!
Ugh. This newbie inspector gets on my nerves xD
And inspector Akane is even more badaas this season~ evaluation skills on point!
The question everyone's asking... Where's Kougami?!
I think that was him in the OP.
I really hope he shows up! *^* What's Psycho Pass without him T3T

Can't wait for the next ep!

Oct 9, 2014 8:53 PM
holy shit that was great first episode!

Oct 9, 2014 9:08 PM

Pretty good, with a very fast pace which can be a good or bad thing in the long run since it's only 11 episodes. The opening and ending songs are fantastic but not as memorable as the previous ones. Liking Akane's new attitude/mindset, the villain looks interesting enough and promising.
Meth is the answer.

Oct 9, 2014 9:20 PM

I miss Kougami! But it was a good episode nonetheless.

Oct 9, 2014 9:27 PM

Good episode, last season didn't start that strong either.
I really liked Akane's character in the first season, here though I feel they are trying way too hard to make her a Kougami double. I expected this but still....

Anyway looks like the villain in this season is that escaped Enforcer, which was supposedly killed by Risa in the extra scene in episode 9 of Psycho Pass Extended Edition.
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Num1dad_Asura]
[/url]
Click Here for Sig source

Oct 9, 2014 9:35 PM

"You are wrong." Bitch please XD

Nice to see Akane evaluating the situation and dishing out orders like she has ice in her veins. Talk about staying cool under pressure :D Gino's back too <3

Kogami, where are you :(
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."

Oct 9, 2014 10:20 PM

Akane is really stepping up her game dangggg, hopefully the opening that showed kogami foreshadows his later appearance in the show.

Oct 9, 2014 10:24 PM

I'm so glad Psycho-Pass 2 is finally here. At first I was worried that this wouldn't be that good since Tatsunoko Productions is taking over and that Gen Urobuchi isn't that script writer for this season. However, this first episode didn't disappoint at all; rather it got me so hyped! xD I absolutely love how mature and badass Akane is this time 'round.

The OST is also amazing, some remixes of the original OST from Psycho-Pass which sounds so good. I love the OP by Ling Tosite Sigure once again; the visuals look amazing too although there seems to be some spoiler-ish stuff going on. Did I see Kougami in there?! I really like how Ginoza respects Akane a lot now. I really like how Akane was determined to try and get the culprits Psycho-Pass drop to 299 so she could paralyze and seize him instead of killing him. Geezus that scene after the ED was pretty crazy. Who is that guy?! Overall loved this first episode and super excited for more!
5/5

Oct 9, 2014 10:37 PM

I think Kogami will be the new Makishima, huehue.

I hate that attitude of the new inspector, Mika. Akane is the senpai yet she disagrees with everything? Sighs.

Overall this episode is so good, but then again 11 eps ;~;

Oct 9, 2014 10:38 PM

So glad this show is back. Great to see some familiar faces as well as new Enforcers and Inspectors.
Love seeing the Dominator in action. Akane is such a badass.
The OST was awesome and I love the new OP song. The ED song is not bad as well.
Looks like we have got a new big bad for this season at the end.
Cannot wait to see more.
"I’ve set myself to become the King of the Pirates…and if I die trying…then at least I tried!" Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece)

Oct 9, 2014 10:51 PM

ArdenFolgore said:
SaveTheAralSea said:
Ginoza looks good without his glasses.

WTF, did he have a lasik.

and WTF was I the only person who noticed Tsunemori smoking on opening video.[/quote]

Its not only you... O.O

Oct 9, 2014 11:06 PM

HOLY SHIT AWESOME FIRST EPISODE!

Inspector Tsunemori really matured from what she was the first season, i'm digging the new crew. Love hearing Hanakana doing Akane's voice. Freckles is annoying, she's like the complete opposite of what Akane was like during the first season, super annoying.

LOVED the OP and the ED, Egoist is fucking awesome and does not disappoint.

Looks like we have another psycho pass manipulator, the anticipation is real

Oct 9, 2014 11:12 PM

God, Mika. SHUT UP.

She's got a lot of room for growth, which is a good (great) thing, because of right now she's quite bothersome. Let's hope that happens. But man, am I excited to see Akane, Gino, and Yayoi, and Shion back in action. It will be the test of this series to build up the new characters into people we can appreciate just as much as the original cast. If the ending of this first episode is any indication, it looks like we may be up for an interesting ride nonetheless.

Oct 9, 2014 11:30 PM

i cried. This is awesome ;_;

Akane + HanaKana = Perfection

and still waiting patiently for a 3rd season of Spice & Wolf :'|

Oct 9, 2014 11:46 PM

I found this to be quite disappointing, the animation really is a step down from the first season. Psycho Pass is my favorite anime so I really hope second season improves from its debut episode.

I watched the first dubbed and it was great. I think I'm having problems going back to subs

Since there is a movie coming up I doubt we will see the downfall of the Sibil system this season.
Modified by eXtacy67, Oct 9, 2014 11:50 PM

Oct 9, 2014 11:49 PM

Wellp it started off almost like it ever ended.

That TK OP and EGOSIT ED were fucking awesome. Super stoked to here those.

So according the OP, that Togane guy might turn out evil. Wonder how.

I was expecting that raid haired guy to be some like mentally unstable guy, turns out he's a little bitch.

That freckled girl...what a fucking cunt. Wouldn't be surpsied if she turns into an antagonist at some point. Gin was NOT EVEN CLOSE to being as bad as she is. Gin knew that they were lower class citizens, and he could be a huge dick sometimes, but he understood that their skills and knowledge were invaluable in helping solves crimes. From his father and from Kogami he at least understood.

But this bitch...how was she a CID officer for a year and a half when she was trying to do everything wrong? "Oh, why should I help these people evacuate? I wanna go kill criminals...why should I care about the enforcers think of the situation? They're just tools so they clearly don't know as much as a noob like me...Why should the CID officers try to take down the criminal? We can use the enforcers as shields instead...Why save that guys life? We should have killed him instead". And the best part: "no senpai...you're wrong".

Really hope this new villain sways this bitch to the cloudy hue side. He would just be like "yo gurl, you wanna slaughter criminals and enforcers for no reason?" she'd be on that immediately.

Speaking of the new villain, he's an officer? Basically a Makishima inside the CID, that sounds badass. Cant wait to see what he's trying to do.

Still hate Akane too. Such a hypocrite. Hated her since she let her friend die and my opinion of her has never changed. Tries to act super cool and tough, yet still solves all problems like a little bitch. She's basically trying to walk in Kogami's shoes, but they just don't fit the same.

Oct 9, 2014 11:59 PM
:D

Akane seems pretty experienced now. I'm interested in finding out more about the new characters and what Kogami is up to.

And I wonder who that is at the end..
Modified by Ando, Oct 10, 2014 12:11 AM

Pages (9) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »