Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Oct 9, 2014 9:34 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Damn, that was awesome.

I think they are using slightly modified version of Season 1's OST which I have no problem with. And right from the back, they are involved in a case already. I think both the OP and ED theme songs are pretty catchy.

Akane seems to be a lot more confident this season too which is a good thing. Action was decent and it felt pretty fast. Overall, a pretty intense start. I liked it :3. Heh, 299 PP level. Nice shot though Akane and freaking Christ, that ending..
Stark700Oct 9, 2014 9:37 AM
Oct 9, 2014 9:36 AM

Dec 2012
This got off to a real quick start compared to the first season!

OP and ED were okay to me. Might have to listen to it more to get into it.

Not particularly fond of Mika (new inspector)'s attitude - considering she just graduated from school a year and a half ago. She might have something like Ginoza's old attitude. Watching her best friends die in the Specimen Case might have made her this cold. This episode was good for the fact that we saw Akane mature.

Don't forget to watch after the credits!
ClawViperOct 9, 2014 11:28 AM
Oct 9, 2014 9:38 AM

Nov 2007
With the new team. There's that guy in the OP already? She doesn't want to get in trap, so she made that decision. That Sakurai-san's new character is timid and quiet comparing to his in season 1.

A short CM of the movie says to the world?

Bomb aiming at the team? He can still be saved? Seems like the new girl is doubting her.

Both OP & ED were ok.

Kimura-san's character at the end. He will be the enemy this season, according to the narration?

25:05 next.
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Oct 9, 2014 9:40 AM
Oct 2012
Amazing OP and ED but fuck way too many spoilers in that OP. Nonetheless, a very solid first episode which gives me hope for the rest of the season. Mika is a bitch and I had a feeling she wouldn't agree with Akane by her dissatisfied look on the promo poster. This is gonna be one hell of a ride.
Oct 9, 2014 10:39 AM

Jun 2013
It's off to a great start so far. Opening is good as well, but i still prefer season 1s.
The ending was great too.
Oct 9, 2014 10:40 AM

Apr 2014
Yes It's here! The Opening scene and the episode itself wasn't wasted they all go out to crime busting already!
The OP and ED was great as always! And Kougami in OP song? And as a hostage what was that? Could it be he will be in the 2nd Season? I hope so!

There's a new cast huh? Can't wait how they will be more amaze on Akane's leadership.
Ginoza was like his father now and praising/believing on Akane? Mika was bit hard headed/tsundere I hope she will change her views and will be on same perception like Akane.

Anyway I really look forward for this since they announced it, and I'm not seriously disappointed but just a little.
The animation visuals and character designs looks really different from the first season though but the thing that just maters it's back so I'm fine with it.

EDIT: What was that Epilogue? Is he the new Villain and he could be like Makishima!
RayzerOct 9, 2014 10:54 AM
Haters always gonna hate.

Nov 2012
Psycho-Pass is BACK!!! This episode was action filled, I like Tsunemori's way of doing things. The ending was interesting.
"I can have food or drinks spilled on me, or even be spit at and ill laugh about it ,
However , If for any reason you hurt a friend of mine, I won't forgive you!"

- Red-Haired Shanks

Feb 2011
Nothing too great. The combination of 2D and 3D is terrible. But I've seen worse. Guess it's alright, I didn't like the beginning of S1 as well but then it got better. Hope that's the case this time as well.
Oct 9, 2014 10:41 AM

Apr 2014
Liked this episode, now I want Kogami back
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 9, 2014 10:42 AM
Jan 2014
Meeehhh, not such a great start IMHO, at least compared to S1.
Some of the dialogues felt very forced,out of place and pretentious. Typical mistakes of the new scriptwriter...

The new characters don't seem interesting at all, for now that is. Don't like Shimotsuki's attitude either. I guess Akane looks and acts more mature now, which was expected.
But her new lines sound more cheesier than they did in S1.

The animation is kinda sloppy when compared to S1. I'm digging the new art though. Akane doesn't look as stoned anymore, which is a good thing.

Glad they kept some tracks from the S1 OST, it really captures the mood of PP. I'm hoping the new OP and ED theme songs will grow on me later on, but for now they'll do the job.

I have a bad feeling about the antagonist this time around though. I hope he's not your typical cookie-cutter. Not that Makishima was a very good antagonist, but he left me with a better initial impression.

So far I can kinda see a small dent in the tracks, which won't cause major issues hopefully.
Oct 9, 2014 10:45 AM

Jun 2014
PP2 and Parasyte best anime this season :P
This PP2 first episode epic : OP epic , ED epic animation superb can't wait for the next episode
Oct 9, 2014 10:47 AM

Jan 2014
Have been missing PP and its setting and I'm glad it's finally back.

Really liked the OP personally and the OST in general.

Aside from that, nothing really impressive happened yet. Ending scene was interesting. Solid start.

I'm really missing Kougami and Makishima, tho.
Oct 9, 2014 10:48 AM

Dec 2012
Who is this person at 5.21 in the intro:

MonsterguyOct 9, 2014 10:55 AM

Oct 9, 2014 10:50 AM

May 2012
Dat ending thou.

Alright episode. The op song was good. Just didn't like the visuals. Felt like they maybe future spoilers. The episode itself was pretty meh imo. Mika is such a bitch and for no reason. Akame got more bad ass. And we get a mix of old and new enforcers. The ending was the best part imo.

3/5. Not hyped as I thought I would be.
Oct 9, 2014 10:50 AM

Nov 2012
as expected, not so impressive.
no one could replace kogami and makishima
just cool opening same singer as tokyo ghoul?
and ginoza without glasses looks so much copy paste of furuya from dia no ace
IF YOU LIKE DEATH PARADE, GO WATCH BARTENDER!!!
my animesongs chord thread : here bro
Oct 9, 2014 10:51 AM

Aug 2010
DAT OP *A* Totally the Unravel of the season :3

Shimotsuki is one hell of an annoying bitch!! PLZ DIE!! I want to punch her in the face so bad. Never hated a character this much from one ep <_<

Pretty weird feeling to see Akane being the most BA character in the series lol XD

The ED was also pretty damn good :D

Dat ending though O_O Seems much better than I was fearing.

Jun 2013
Mmm... The first episode basically felt much like the first episode of season 1, especially when Akane successfully managed to lower the crime level coefficient of the criminal. I'm not saying it felt repetitive, but I guess it wasn't the sort of introduction I was expecting for season 2. In any case, Akane seems to have become more like Shinya in that she's cool, calm, collected at every moment.

The problem seems to be centered around Tougane (hinted from the opening), annoying-ass Mika, and the guy at the end (apparently his name is Kirito.... ohhhhh boy lol). This season seems like it'll deal with challenging Akane's sense of justice and a lot of gray morality + ethics. I expect a lot of hard choices ahead for Akane.

Apr 2014
moeanao said:
None of the new characters interest me yet. Hopefully they will in the future.
The OP was awesome.
I liked the episode, but I miss Kougami.

Not on the Epilogue? The guy who was using a holograph girl disguise?
Oct 9, 2014 10:56 AM

Jul 2014
Great first episode. I enjoyed the fact that they jumped right back into the action. I also liked the progression is Akane's thought process (and seemingly her personality as well) and Ginoza just looks really good as an enforcer :-P. I like the OP as well; the ED not so much.

I'm exciting to see what they'll do with the story. Too bad it's only going to be 11 episodes long.

A couple of complaints: no Kougami (although he is in the OP so maybe?) and Mika is already getting on my nerves.
Oct 9, 2014 10:57 AM

Jun 2011
Can't wait for the new Egoist single. It has been so long~

A male character dies on first episode. Any guesses for when a female character will die?
Oct 9, 2014 10:59 AM

Apr 2013
That OP <3 So glad Psycho-Pass is back! This got off to a real quick start, Great episode.
Oct 9, 2014 11:00 AM

Nov 2007
Great start!I am psyched it's back:') (i missed Nobuchika orz)

I don't like that new tsundere girl tho...like,really...
Oct 9, 2014 11:01 AM

Dec 2011
Not a big fan of OP, especially animation in it.
Shimotsuki was annoying, didn't really get to see other new Enforcers yet. But all I really need is Ginoza yeah.
And wasn't that Kogami in some scenes in OP? Maybe I'm just seeing things.

And as for episode, it was okay I guess, expected a bit more of Psycho-pass, but maybe in the future it will deliver something nicer.
Oct 9, 2014 11:04 AM

Apr 2011
I loved this episode. Glad to see Psycho Pass back. I loved the OST so damn good.

Loved the OP and ED TK and Egoist never disappoint.

That girl at the end was crazy shooting that guy in stomach cause he went boom! And

BTW Shimotsuki is the most annoying bitch ever.

Great episode 5/5
Oct 9, 2014 11:05 AM

Apr 2009
Welcome back PP :D I feel like you and Parasyte will keep me sane in this desert of a Fall season.

I don't actually miss Kougami at all, I always liked Akane better *shrug* It'll be interesting to see what the main villain is like this time.
Oct 9, 2014 11:06 AM

Jul 2013
Holy shit. I have been waiting for this, and I was not disappointed. At all.

(Okay the ED surprised me. And I'm worried about the new Inspector.)
Oct 9, 2014 11:06 AM

Mar 2013
Monsterguy said:

Betting that's Akane with long hair. No idea why, though.
Oct 9, 2014 11:10 AM

Feb 2014
Monsterguy said:

looks like Mika with long hair and she has the same eye color
Flying without feathers is not easy; my wings have no feathers
Oct 9, 2014 11:13 AM

Aug 2013
OP was epic when it first started, but when it got to the middle of it, it was annoying as fuck.
Good episode, after a year and half. ED was decent, egoist could've done it better tho.
Didn't really get what happened there at the end.
Oct 9, 2014 11:16 AM

Jan 2014
A strong show-opener, fitting OP and ED. Too bad I that wasn't enough Makishima... I mean Hinakawa so far. Oh well, there are still another 10 more episodes (at 25 minutes, excluding commercials, per episode, those are 250 minutes, or little over 4 hours of air-time), we'll get out chance.
Oct 9, 2014 11:17 AM

May 2011
Well for now I get the feeling we will get the same thing we got in S1, just with different characters which is meh. Hope I will be proven wrong, but if the story is going to be a ripoff of s1's I will be really disapointed.
Oct 9, 2014 11:19 AM

Oct 2010
That moment when Ginoza said "That's a shortcut to become an adult, missy"
Oct 9, 2014 11:19 AM

Nov 2012
No Kogami, got a bad feeling his entire role is gonna be played by the new guy Tougane, so he will not show up at all this season or will have a minor role.
So far I am not expecting anything great of this anime, I mean it pretty much looks like it might follow the same plot as previous season, and I am guessing the guy at the end is gonna play the role of Shougo this season.
Seriously, best characters of previous season were Shougo and Kogami. Shougo should be dead, so no hope in watching him again, but they could have at least have Kogami play some important role in the series.
Akane, I guess will be annoying as always with her lame sense of justice.
Shimotsuki, seems to be playing the same role as Ginoza on season one.
Ginoza, looks like he took the role of his father on previous season.
jose21Oct 9, 2014 12:01 PM
Oct 9, 2014 11:20 AM
Mar 2014
this screenplay is absolutely terrible. cheesiest dialogue ever. can't expect much from a znt writer, i guess. thought urobuchi was bad, but at least he handled the elements without being utterly boring. has potential for trainwreck of the season.
Oct 9, 2014 11:21 AM

May 2014
Awesome. This could turn out to be the anime of the season, of course it does have a lot of competition. cough F/SN cough
"You either die an Ashita no Joe, or you live long enough to see yourself become a Naruto."
Oct 9, 2014 11:22 AM

Jan 2014
Ok first ep, nothing unexpected so far. But the OP and ED were pretty bad, that's something I didn't expect to happen.

As long as the bad guy is not just bad because he can, it'll be a good sequel. 6.8/10 so far.
Oct 9, 2014 11:25 AM
Jun 2013
It's unfortunate that they killed off many of the entertaining characters in season 1 (Kagari and Masaoka). The new enforcers don't seem very interesting. At least not yet. I do hope we'll see more of Kougami. Not that he was extremely interesting as a character but still.
Oct 9, 2014 11:28 AM

Jan 2009
A very typical start. I think we've already seen enforcers catch ur usual criminals before. What a terribly boring 1st ep. At least the OP song is something worth waiting on.

6/10
俺の命を百合に。
Currently translating Sono Hanabira ni Kuchizuke o - Atelier no Koibito-tachi -- when bored.
Above visual novel is 22.22% translated with progress uploaded to youtube; if you're into yuri VNs, check out my channel.
Oct 9, 2014 11:30 AM

Jul 2012
And....IT'S BACK!
Psycho-Pass is back and better than ever! Well, we won't know that for sure. XP
But, the first episode was awesome! Had the same feel as the first episode: All intense and epic and stuff. :3

And Akane Tsunemori is even better than the first season. She kind of reminds me of.....him.....

But anyways, wasn't the opening kind of a spoiler? It looked like it for me, I guess. :P

The ending though....a new threat is here....
Oh boy. :P
Oct 9, 2014 11:31 AM

Jul 2010
The soundtrack >.<
Akane seems pretty cool with her confidence and accuracy on her plans.
Akane talking about moral and justice to the criminal. With the sound, how his coefficient dropped was pretty nice. Ginoza pointing his gun to another enforcer.
Mika saying Akane is wrong... well she is coming with a bad start. Not liking her.
Oct 9, 2014 11:31 AM

Apr 2013
-Resident- said:
Some of the dialogues felt very forced,out of place and pretentious. Typical mistakes of the new scriptwriter...

The new characters don't seem interesting at all, for now that is. Don't like Shimotsuki's attitude either. I guess Akane looks and acts more mature now, which was expected.

The animation is kinda sloppy when compared to S1. I'm digging the new art though. Akane doesn't look as stoned anymore, which is a good thing.

Glad they kept some tracks from the S1 OST, it really captures the mood of PP. I'm hoping the new OP and ED theme songs will grow on me later on, but for now they'll do the job.

I have a bad feeling about the antagonist this time around though. I hope he's not your typical cookie-cutter. Not that Makishima was a very good antagonist, but he left me with a better initial impression.

So far I can kinda see a small dent in the tracks, which won't cause major issues hopefully.
its a new season, stop comparing everything to season 1.
Oct 9, 2014 11:32 AM

Nov 2013
ClawViper7 said:
This got off to a real quick start compared to the first season!

Really? The first episode of the first season was action packed too. They just didn't need exposition for the way the system works in season 2 so this flowed a little better.
ninjastarforcex said:

and ginoza without glasses looks so much copy paste of furuya from dia no ace

You can say that about... almost every character. It's not as if half of these designs are unique, they've all taken inspiration from elsewhere. It's not bad thing. Ginoza looks like an older version of Furuya lol.

Decent ep. Felt a little repetitive, I thought it might have been cool if one of the notable characters died in the first episode, one of her enforcers maybe. I mean they didn't bother giving them much besides orders to run around. Akane is way less moe now and looks drawn pretty sharply, not sure if I'm happy about that because;

Was kinda hoping for Kougami to make an appearance but it seems like he's out of the picture for season 2. One can hope I guess. OST is solid once again and if I recall correctly there was an appearance of some season one material in there. Loving the OP too.

I hope I'm not about to get season one re-packaged with new characters, I'd like some major changes to happen in the world. We'll see, I'm not expecting much but one can quietly hope.
the official MAL hall of fame/cursed comments is now open for business - you are welcome to PM me any potential quotes to include
Oct 9, 2014 11:34 AM

Jun 2014
The OP & ED songs were amazing (as expected from EGOIST). I've seen some familiar faces in the op, I like.

pakoko said:
Mmm... The first episode basically felt much like the first episode of season 1, especially when Akane successfully managed to lower the crime level coefficient of the criminal. I'm not saying it felt repetitive, but I guess it wasn't the sort of introduction I was expecting for season 2. In any case, Akane seems to have become more like Shinya in that she's cool, calm, collected at every moment.

Basically, I hoped they'd introduce us to the main plot, they kinda did in the end but it lasted 1 min. It was still great.

I really miss the old team & the new one seems awkward. I don't trust these people.

darkreaver94 said:
Mika, you stupid bitch. Just listen to what your senior says and shut up. Complain about this, complain about that. I can't even believe that someone like you can be an inspector. I never felt so pissed off with a character just from one fucking episode.

I can see her bringing trouble to the whole team by disobeying Akane's orders. Can we just revive Kagari?
babymimiOct 9, 2014 11:41 AM
Oct 9, 2014 11:35 AM

Apr 2014
Good ol' Psycho-Pass.
Liked the first episode, now I need Kogami, in order to get things started.
9/10.
Mar 2014
Sourire said:
-Resident- said:

its a new season, stop comparing everything to season 1.

these are valid criticisms. it's also completely fine to compare it to season 1. it's a continuation, for god's sake, and a continuation that's supposed to tie up loose ends.

Apr 2014
Monsterguy said:

Obviously she's Mika since uh, Just compare that to this.

Jan 2013
The characters seem to have grown from the previous season, and it looks like the new ones aren't a copy paste of the others from the first season.

That after crédits, who was that guy?
Oct 9, 2014 11:36 AM

May 2014
This new Mika bitch is really annoying though. I'm not looking forward to her character. Also, at the end there, is that Kagari?!
"You either die an Ashita no Joe, or you live long enough to see yourself become a Naruto."
Oct 9, 2014 11:39 AM

Apr 2014
Silver4000 said:

That after crédits, who was that guy?

He is this guy.
Oct 9, 2014 11:39 AM

Sep 2014
Hell yeah, episode 1 was awesome! Loved the OP and ED. Akane was really awesome in this episode, but Mika needs to have some sense slapped into her.

'Dat OP sequence though...spoiler much? o.o
Pages (9) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Psycho-Pass 2 Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

-Riri- - Dec 18, 2014

640 by Actomino »»
Apr 23, 4:32 PM

» is this season really that bad? ( 1 2 )

beloving - Jan 7, 2015

62 by Garrett_Dark »»
Feb 22, 6:20 PM

Poll: » Psycho-Pass 2 Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 11, 2014

263 by Garrett_Dark »»
Feb 22, 3:08 PM

Poll: » Psycho-Pass 2 Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 4, 2014

335 by Garrett_Dark »»
Feb 22, 2:02 PM

Poll: » Psycho-Pass 2 Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 27, 2014

353 by Garrett_Dark »»
Feb 22, 12:50 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.