Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Your Lie in April
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Oct 10, 2014 8:01 AM

Mar 2013
Nice animation . My eyes are Pika pika !!

Feels anime - Tears are coming...
Oct 10, 2014 8:59 AM

Nov 2011
5/5

Also on this animated production imbalance me a bit, giving it the highest grades.
The promo already had me kidnapped, the 1st episode has done nothing but bring me in paradise.
Oh well, do not overdo it ....! LOL
However, a great start.
What is immediately evident is the skill of A1, drawings, scenarios and animation are all excellent.
The Character Design is cute and the OST is very beautiful.
The narrative is serious, but also fun, difficult to find fault.
I hope to go with the best of the episodes.
For now, my vote is 7/10, although I would almost venture a 8/10 as it did for Kiseijuu!
Oct 10, 2014 9:02 AM
Jul 2014
Episode 1 gives quite some nice impression for me. The soundtracks and the animation is well done.

The OP is a major spoiler, though. I feel bad for Tsubaki. I really like her looks and her attitude. Violinist-chan looks great but I'm not into those types.

Shipping Kousei x Tsubaki for now lol
Oct 10, 2014 9:25 AM
Sep 2009
Very good first episode. The characters are all likeable, and the show is pretty well animated and directed. I really love the character designs in this show.
Laugh and the world laughs with you. Weep and you weep alone.
Oct 10, 2014 9:45 AM

Apr 2011
One of the best episodes I watched all year of anime. The design is beautiful, amazing OST and story is very good. Can't wait to see more next week!
5/5
Oct 10, 2014 9:47 AM

Apr 2011
Lindle said:
I made a thing.

That was pretty awesome.
Oct 10, 2014 10:11 AM
Jan 2011
This is SWEEEEEEEEET!!!!!!!

I wonder what color panty did that blond wore?
Oct 10, 2014 10:33 AM

Dec 2012
I feel like this is going to be the next Kawaisou. Amazing visuals, animation,characters,voice acting,premise,etc. but still underrated. I hope it's not like that. It's just too beautiful.
Oct 10, 2014 10:39 AM

Mar 2014
Hmm well I don't hate it but I don't love it either
Oct 10, 2014 10:59 AM

Jan 2014
Thank god that i checked this out. What a great start!! Definitely looking forward to more
Oct 10, 2014 11:04 AM

Sep 2014
The VISUALS!

It looks soooooooo AMAZING! Especially at the beginning awith that girl and the cat, and also when she was playing her instrument with the kids.

Im liking the black hair guy, but not much on the other.

Good first episode, and glad theres 21 more to go :-D
Oct 10, 2014 11:10 AM

Jun 2012
Felt kinda forced, and overall cheesy.

Gonna watch it tho, it'll be fun even if it ends up being terrible
Oct 10, 2014 11:51 AM

Dec 2013
Perfection.

I think just found another potential 10/10 masterpiece to watch. This anime about a very young pianist Kousei Arima, dedicates himself to piano but after the his mother passed away, he love for playing the piano diminished and he found the world colourless and monotone. One day, one sunny windy day, he sees a lively girl playing the melodica, and his whole world changes.

I really love this anime right off the bat because its almost if it was talking about me. I myself have been playing piano for the past 9 years and i haven't touched it in the last 1 and a half years. I have not been motivated to but this... this anime might just bring the music in me back to life. The song that Kousei had been playing in the concert was the LAST song i was learning on the piano - Beethoven's Moonlight Sonata Movement 3. It was like a huge deja vu for me. Then i saw that girl, who turned out to be a violinist (which I am also, along with Viola, because yeah.. i'm Asian), I thought she was utterly beautiful. Breath taking in every way. I feel that this series will display the romance, the plot twists and the music all in a perfect way even incorporating comedy into it. I've got high hopes for this anime. For now its inspired me to not give up on the music I've put so many years into and probably the only thing i am actually talented at. I will not give up.

I rate this episode 5/5 since there is no option for 6/5. Can't wait for the next episode. I'll be counting down the seconds till it airs~ ^_^
"No one knows what the future holds. That's why its potential is infinite.” - Okabe Rintarou

"El Psy Congroo."

Kirino Kyousake Picture
Oct 10, 2014 11:56 AM

Jan 2010
Loved the first episode! It just.. delivered! Perfect ost and those are some perfect designs! I'm looking forward to next week!
Oct 10, 2014 12:07 PM

Jan 2013
Wonderful! That was such a wonderful episode :)
The music is great and the design looks really good. The characters are interesting as well.

Oct 10, 2014 12:53 PM

Dec 2013
This anime looks like its going to be different from other romance anime, which is a major plus. The friends seem more realistic compared to some other animes. It seems like every major girl these days are blonde, is it really that special in Japan? Either way I think I'm going to like this one.

8/10
Eh
Oct 10, 2014 2:05 PM
Sep 2013
Seems like a pretty good anime. Though I can see the drama just coming but I'm ready for whatever twist or turn with this. Loving the bright animation of this.
Oct 10, 2014 2:13 PM

Jul 2013
That was a pretty good first episode. I enjoy music oriented anime so I have high hopes for this one.

I sort of dislike the exaggerated lips on the characters but i'll get used to it. Other than that no complaints.
Oct 10, 2014 2:49 PM

Feb 2012
The character designs are a bit distracting with their lips and noses. Need to watch ep2 to give a better judgement on this show.
Oct 10, 2014 4:05 PM

Aug 2010
Very good first episode. The main heroine had a good first impression on me which isn't too common, especially in romance anime.
Oct 10, 2014 4:10 PM
Nov 2012
Does someone know what is the first classical piece Arima was playing on the concert piano? In the first minutes of the episode, right after the opening theme song.
Oct 10, 2014 4:37 PM

Feb 2014
Hearing "Pazu's trumpet solo" was a huge suprise to me. Didnt expect an ost from castle in the sky but it sure did made me happy.
Oct 10, 2014 4:40 PM
Jan 2014
Methastyridone said:
Does someone know what is the first classical piece Arima was playing on the concert piano? In the first minutes of the episode, right after the opening theme song.

Moonlight Sonata 3rd Movement - Beethoven.
Oct 10, 2014 5:01 PM

Aug 2013
Wow. I loved the vibrant colors and backgrounds. Those piano and finger animations. Had a bit of help from Wit studio eh? Music was definitely fitting for the colorful scenes.

Also that OP already implying that love polygon before all the characters were even introduced.

And here I thought I was not going to even see a romance this season.
Oct 10, 2014 5:14 PM
May 2009
Its impressive how the first 2 minutes are butchered by the rest of the episode. I think that this anime will be okay or slightly above average.
Oct 10, 2014 5:59 PM
Jul 2018
WOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

so much potential

10/10 first ep
Oct 10, 2014 6:44 PM

Jul 2012
Eisigerhauch said:
Its impressive how the first 2 minutes are butchered by the rest of the episode. I think that this anime will be okay or slightly above average.

They are? lol
Oct 10, 2014 7:09 PM

Jan 2013
Wow, that was amazing. Really wasn't expecting it to be good, I thought it would be boring but I really enjoyed the music, direction, and animation. The characters are interesting too

I'm glad I ended up checking this out, I only decided to because I have it on my FAL team

UnbornMVs said:
Uhm. What's with this large variety of good anime this season ?
Not like Japan at all.

Lolol ikr. And everyone (including me) looked at the preview charts and was like "Ugh, looks like a bland season coming up!" This may very well end up being the best season of 2014 if everything holds up. The irony.
brianezOct 10, 2014 7:17 PM

Oct 10, 2014 7:29 PM

Oct 2008
Too many cliches to count. This is typical overly dramatic manipulative bullshit. Go watch Nodame Cantabile for something with similar themes that's a million times better and far more realistic.
Oct 10, 2014 7:32 PM

Jul 2012
BigSimo said:
Too many cliches to count. This is typical overly dramatic manipulative bullshit. Go watch Nodame Cantabile for something with similar themes that's a million times better and far more realistic.

It's only the first episode. Chill. Have you read the manga? No.
It's shounen, that's why it's based off lots of common tropes. I'm not complaining though. Cliche =/= bad.
Oct 10, 2014 7:47 PM
Jul 2018
mayukachan said:
BigSimo said:

It's shounen, that's why it's based off lots of common tropes. I'm not complaining though. Cliche =/= bad.

Dont feed the hater :v
Oct 10, 2014 7:52 PM

Aug 2013
Very good 1st episode I'll definitely watch it till the end.

9/10
Oct 10, 2014 7:56 PM

Oct 2008
mayukachan said:
BigSimo said:

I know you're not complaining. I am. I've seen too many shows that rely on the same cliches and follow the same patterns and try as hard as possible to make its audience cry. Toradora, Ano Hana, every PA Works show. And I am sick of it. There is no originality to be found here.
I will concede that the animation is gorgeous and the blonde girl was interesting.
Oct 10, 2014 8:06 PM

Jul 2012
@BigSimo: You're basing this on the first episode. It is an introductory episode. I may not have read it either, but I'm sure there's a reason why it's praised and even won a manga award.

CLBGM said:

I know, I know but to drop it and rate it as a 2/10...Idk man.
Oct 10, 2014 8:13 PM

Oct 2008
mayukachan said:
@BigSimo: You're basing this on the first episode. It is an introductory episode. I may not have read it either, but I'm sure there's a reason why it's praised and even won a manga award.

I know, but the tone for the series is already set and I take issue with that. but anyway:
CLBGM said:

I know, I know but to drop it and rate it as a 2/10...Idk man.

that was a kneejerk reaction, I do that all the time when something makes me mad. My head is clear now though and I'm going to continue with the series.
Oct 10, 2014 8:16 PM

Jul 2012
BigSimo said:
that was a kneejerk reaction, I do that all the time when something makes me mad. My head is clear now though and I'm going to continue with the series.

Good. :> Also, Nodame also starts out more like a comedic anime and then develops into something more serious so it's kind of similar in a way.
Oct 10, 2014 8:25 PM

Jun 2013
Really Good start!!! This was one of my most anticipated animes of this season, and its living up to the hype! :)
Oct 10, 2014 8:39 PM
Jan 2014
In terms of music and all this will at least rival nodame.

The first episode doesn't show that.
Oct 10, 2014 9:18 PM
Jul 2014
Impressed with the first episode. Animation was beautiful. First time watching a music based anime, but I have a pretty good impression of it now.
Oct 10, 2014 9:30 PM
Community Admin
sunny moment

May 2010
I think the mood that was taken was very good and overall a pretty good start off for the first episode. Sound and animation were also great aspects this episode. I couldn't really tell what they were doing with the OP song, was that just shameless promotion? Heh, well it is about music, I'll let that one slide.

Anyway, in short I liked this episode and the premise as a whole a lot, I can't wait to see how everything folds out.
Oct 10, 2014 9:55 PM

Dec 2011
That was really beautiful. And most of all, it is going to have 22 episodes! Hell yeah.
Going to look forward to more feels, and how will Kousei go back to being a piano player or not... but it is predictable it will go to that direction.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 10, 2014 11:07 PM

Jan 2014
I enjoyed the pacing of this very much. It gave a small idea of each character's personality which can be measured up by how they currently view the world. It gives a strong vibe of The Pet Girl of Sakurasou.

Favourite scene was Kousei stumbling upon Kaori playing the melodic, the music was soothing to the ear, in a very calming manner. This is very promising so far, can't wait to hear the other OST's

Oct 10, 2014 11:38 PM

Apr 2014
first impression I directly imagine nodame cantabile, shoujo basic art with nice anime screentone and nice + easylisten soundtrack. best 1st episode so far
I dont care if it will be triangle or polygon or any other NTR love, I just cant waiting for both making duet music
Oct 11, 2014 12:26 AM

Mar 2013
Animation, art, and sound are great.
I have a bad feeling about this anime already considering the MC views the world as monotonous and an NTR vibe for some reason >.>
Oct 11, 2014 12:55 AM

Jul 2008
I had moderately high expectations in this series and it didn't let me down :D
Oct 11, 2014 1:16 AM

Sep 2013
Wait wait, A hyperactive blonde main heroine who likes a different guy? a childhood friend who obviously likes the mc? a guy friend who is popular? am I watching Golden Time again?

I noticed the title is "Your lie in april". Im not really sure if spring comes in april because I live in a tropical country but I think its currently april in the anime. If my detective skills arent so rusty, the blond girl actually lied about the date and just wanted the mc to watch her performance, thus inspiring him to play the piano again. Im basing this theory on the last scene where blond girl grabbed mc's hand like she already knew him before. But then again I could just be wrong and its actually much simpler like, Blond girl really do like Popular guy but in the midst of helping the Glasses guy recover his passion for playing the piano, they end up falling in love with each other; Childhood friend and Popular guy got their heart broken but after licking each others wounds, they too fall in love with each other haha.

Damn it. I need to wait for the next episode to confirm my predictions or I can just go to wiki and spoil myself.

The art is very shoujo-ish for a shounen series. Well Im not really complaining. Its rather nice.
"I have been wielding a blade since before your were swimming around your father's scrotum." - Kurou
Oct 11, 2014 1:20 AM

Oct 2013
That was a really great first episode. Looking forward to more.
Oct 11, 2014 2:00 AM
Mar 2013
This was great!

plz no melodramatic polygon tho
Oct 11, 2014 2:48 AM

Apr 2009
Well the new girl, got me hook, line and sinker! LOL I hope this continues with right balance of comedy, romance and music all the way.
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
Oct 11, 2014 4:08 AM
Dec 2013
Left a real good 1st impression on me, looking forward to how it develops. I felt like the animation went well with the characters and didn't distract from the plot
Pages (9) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 5, 2015

295 by kyledluffy »»
Apr 16, 11:18 PM

Poll: » Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 19, 2015

1174 by LordArmandtrox »»
Apr 16, 9:07 PM

Poll: » Is this worth watching even if you got spoiled on the ending ? ( 1 2 )

Mister_WD - Apr 23, 2022

70 by patkarunungan »»
Apr 15, 11:53 PM

Poll: » Who do you like with Kousei Arima more ?

randomlock - Mar 24, 2016

20 by patkarunungan »»
Apr 15, 11:47 PM

Poll: » Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 23, 2014

286 by Ba-Cii10 »»
Apr 14, 9:26 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.