Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 9, 2014 7:24 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
It was another intense episode. One thing I realize now is that no matter how much they try, people are going to die in this war.

It really escalated in the second half with the loud sirens and war machines. Tokimune's rage is delicious this episode. Oh and that ED song this week....
Oct 9, 2014 8:28 AM

May 2009
Dat new ED

Oct 9, 2014 9:16 AM

Apr 2013
Did someone in their squad finally kicks the bucket?
I was waiting to see how Samonji gonna react. With that boring face of his, he needs some excitement.
Oct 9, 2014 9:57 AM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
I've been waiting for Richthofen to get his hands on a new model. This guy is a genuine badass and with Strum Alpha, he soloed the Arandas base like it's nothing!

Tokimune's character developed (mentally) once again with him admitting that his whining won't bring back his sister, but as a pilot, he's still weak. Even with a higher linkage depth, he was no match for Richthofen.
Moreover, Namie's incompetence was quite a burden on him too. Silfy or Lorenz should've really became Argevollen's adept from the beginning.

Good episode. That new ending sequence was sexy though. :3

Oct 9, 2014 10:52 AM

Apr 2010
So a new unit piloted by the best enemy pilot we know of Richthoven and it seems there is more to the new unit's then is let on.
Seems both units are made by the same company from the looks of it and there are also suggestions that in both armies there are those that have their own plans.
Something tells me they are working together and really looking forwards to how this will turn out.
Oct 9, 2014 10:54 AM
Jan 2013
Looks like the company who made the Argevollen where playing both sides, now who is that girl we saw in the ending song?
Oct 9, 2014 11:08 AM

Sep 2009
Jamie obviously.
Oct 9, 2014 11:25 AM

Nov 2009
Now Tokimune needs to up his piloting skills (and get rid of burden in the shape of Namie). He's on the way there, so I won't be surprised if he does go toe-to-toe with Richthofen soon.

What the hell is the NR syndrome, I wonder? N probably stands for neurological, but no idea for R. If I were to guess, since the masterminds behind Arge and Tokimune's sister failed experiment are one and the same, the NR syndrome definitely has to do something with that failure, basically overstraining phyche, losing control and yourself and going mad, probably... And Tokimune is very close to feeling that...
ったく、嫌な世の中だよ。
Oct 9, 2014 12:11 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Is that Jaime in the new ED. She looked plenty hawt.

Richthofen really kicked their tail. Tokimune is going to have to get a lot, lot better to best him. I get the feeling that Namie will be killed or taken out by Richthofen and that will be the trigger for Tokimune to reach full compenetration with Argevollen.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Oct 9, 2014 12:17 PM

Feb 2013
Tokimune's war face... its getting serious.
still cant stand the awkwardness between him and jamie.
Jesus can walk on water. Cucumbers are 96% water. I can walk on cucumbers. I'm 96% Jesus.
Oct 9, 2014 12:18 PM

Jun 2013
I was wondering what the enemy blond guy been up to...
Oct 9, 2014 1:00 PM

Jul 2013
Yes!! Finally, this is the kind of shit I was hoping would be done from the start.

The action sequences in this were actually done quite well, I'm really hoping the fact that I stopped myself from dropping this will pay off and hopefully this was the start of that.

So glad to see that Richthofen finally got to kick some ass as he's easily my favorite character. This is definitely a show where I'm cheering for the bad guys. Also look at Richthofen second lieutenant, she's so freaking hot.

Also the ED was okay, don't really understand why everyone's getting so excited as I would have preferred it to be ANY other girl from the series as I find Jamie to be one of the most annoying characters this season lol

Overall very pleased with this episode, hopefully this sets a new standard for the rest of the series
The best anime is the Road to El Dorado
Oct 9, 2014 1:12 PM

May 2014
The action in this episode was really good and I guess it was only a matter of time until a true rival came.

Also sneaky businessmen playing both sides came as no real surprise.
Oct 9, 2014 3:03 PM

Feb 2013
the action was great this ep but what I liked even more was some serious plotting even on the ingelmian side. that dialogue between garp and holmes got us to see even on that side there more than we know.

No Blood! No Bone! No Ash!
Oct 9, 2014 3:06 PM

May 2009

Oct 9, 2014 3:43 PM

Jul 2013
well i guess it wouldn't be mecha if the new toy didn't appear

MORE JAMIE PLS
Oct 9, 2014 4:48 PM
Jul 2018
Richthofen got a new mecha.

That ending song.
Oct 9, 2014 5:55 PM

Apr 2011
Enjoyable but very one-sided action this episode ... Sturm Alpha is OP as hell, especially with a gun that seem to one-shot everything he points it at (and supposedly the aim is STILL a bit off?), and can go toe-to-toe with Argevollen. I figured it was about time the bad guys got a mech that can compete with Argevollen. It seems like the guys who produced Arge are playing both sides ... what better way to test out your new equipment than by arming both sides in a conflict and seeing who uses it best?

Really wondering what happens when the hero passes 100 linkage depth ... some kind of Berserker Mode?
Oct 9, 2014 6:58 PM

Aug 2013
Talk about an over powered mech, there were so many one-shots it became a little ridiculous, meanwhile Tokimune couldn't land a single shot on it (with what can only be described as a pea shooter compared to Sturm Alpha's super gun). Still I suppose finally we have a mech that is worthy of fighting Argevollen and will clearly give it a run for it's money. Also now it's made clear that the the parent company of Argevollen's creators is playing both sides of the war for double the profits, although clearly there is some sort of negative impact on the pilots of these state of the art mechs, something the company is hoping is overlooked until after they've produced and sold their products. Overall good episode, looking forward to 100 linkage death!
Oct 9, 2014 7:57 PM

Aug 2013
Arises a great enemy to Argevollen, was in the face that an hour another combat unit would appear to rival the protagonist, next episode continues the battle
ow new ending, Jamie is hot ..
Oct 9, 2014 8:01 PM

Aug 2012
We just keep creeping closer to that 100 linkage depth lol, gonna be insane.
Oct 9, 2014 11:23 PM
Feb 2014
even if the basic of sturm and arge is same, sturm is come later so it'll more OP (and the pilot is far better too) i suspect that weapon industry behind sturm and arge is somehow involved with tokimune's sister accident too
Oct 10, 2014 12:41 AM

Jun 2014
If only the rest of the show looked as pretty as that ED.

The new girl has some big death flags IMO.
Oct 10, 2014 1:53 AM

Jul 2009
CG said:
Now Tokimune needs to up his piloting skills (and get rid of burden in the shape of Namie). He's on the way there, so I won't be surprised if he does go toe-to-toe with Richthofen soon.

What the hell is the NR syndrome, I wonder? N probably stands for neurological, but no idea for R. If I were to guess, since the masterminds behind Arge and Tokimune's sister failed experiment are one and the same, the NR syndrome definitely has to do something with that failure, basically overstraining phyche, losing control and yourself and going mad, probably... And Tokimune is very close to feeling that...

Might be something pretty similar to Ginga Kikoutai Majestic Prince's Izuru. Basically losing yourself in rage.
Definately something neurotical, but either rage, overstraining (like his sister) or change of personality are all possibilities.
'Everything is impossible until proven possible.' - Me

Oct 10, 2014 2:43 AM

May 2013
I knew that the yellow-haired guy from Ingelmia is the one that operates the Ghost. Brrr.

bastek66 said:

Whats with XEBEC with this kind of ED?
The world shall know the truth soon.
Oct 10, 2014 4:39 AM

Jan 2011
It was obvious the blonde guy was the pilot of the Ghost, do we even know any other pilots from Ingelmia?
Oct 10, 2014 5:42 AM

Jul 2014
Quite intense action this ep! I'm glad I didn't drop this anime.

What's with the new ED though, so absurd -,-
"All things are poison, and nothing is without poison; only the dose permits something not to be poisonous"

PROJECT-ERASER
Oct 10, 2014 6:05 AM

Jul 2008
Caraculiambro said:

She doesn't have Death Flags... she is one :P
Oct 10, 2014 7:34 AM

Nov 2013
Oh damn. Some pretty intense stuff happened in this episode, BUT BEFORE THAT, props to Tokimune for not getting emotional over the mention of his sister. It seems he's he's not fully over it though.

Richthofen is pretty OP now, he just drops by the base and kills everything in his path then casually leaves? Wut? Yeah...
I can't wait for more confrontations, it seems that one will happen next episode which should be interesting, however now that we are at this point in the story I am beginning to notice some serious death flags for certain characters which is worrying. Not only because I like the characters but also killing someone off can go horribly wrong.

Something else worthy of note is that scene with the obvious evil and corrupted business men/whatever. "Mass production," please don't go overboard with this...

And then new ED, the song is great. Kinda prefer if it was less fan service-y but whatever. Though does this mean that JamieXTokimune is official?

4/5 episode, pretty cool stuff.
Oct 10, 2014 10:36 AM

Oct 2011
Richtofen is back and piloting his own Mecha OMG

Tokkumine almost went 100%
Oct 10, 2014 3:40 PM

Jun 2014
Took the show long enough but finally SHIT IS GOING DOWN!
Finally the fights are as intense as the mechs look.
It's about time.
Be sure to message me if you quoted me and want me to respond! Just give me a link to the forum, because usually I leave my comment, then leave the forum.
Oct 10, 2014 6:45 PM

Sep 2012
The Formidable opponent has arrived with new mechs

Oct 10, 2014 7:12 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
Damn Richtofen did plenty of damage just on his own. Apparently the Ghost (is that what they're calling it?) still needs some tweaking, but he seems to be doing a pretty good job if not better, than Tokimune is doing with the Arge. Wondering what will happen when the linkage depth hits 100 :o Intense battle though. Namie got hit, could've been pretty dangerous for Tokimune to have to keep protecting her while in battle.
Oct 11, 2014 1:20 AM

Jan 2011
Although I don't think it's been explicitly stated it looks like the corporal and sergeant's mechs in the 8th have also been upgraded to the new model, which allowed them and Argevollen to drive off the Ghost. Basically, the old Trail Kriegers are totally obsolete against Tokimune and Richtofen, while even the new model is at a severe disadvantage.
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Oct 11, 2014 5:44 AM
Dec 2012
Finally its heating up. Richthofen is back! He did a lot of damage alone. This was one of the most bloody and action packed episodes in Argevollen so far. It had that real sense of emergency.

Not sure what was the point of Jamie telling Tokimune that she overheard about his sister.

What will Arandas do now? I guess its Ingelmias turn to lay down the suprise attacks. There hasn't been a conventional battle since way back in the beginning of the series.

Oh no. The preview is looking like its another knifes edge situation. Looks like Richtofen has someone defeated and is about to destroy them. Looks very reminiscent of episode 13 where he had to save Namie. I believe if a main character or supporting one has to die it will be from a knife. A lot of the gun fights end quickly and are rather one sided. The knife situation I guess builds the suspense but it has been slightly over done. An example would be episode 9 where Major Conrad died to Tokimune via knife.
Oct 11, 2014 8:35 AM

Sep 2011
Legal_Latino said:
Yes!! Finally, this is the kind of shit I was hoping would be done from the start.
pretty much what i came here to say, this was the war drama argevellon seemed to try to ahrd to replicate but failed so miserably up until now, more episodes like this and it can really rerdeem this show, this was actually the first good fight out of this show and it actually sold through the dangers of war for once, I really wish this type of episode would had come much earlier as alot of the first half was too much fluff and could had been spent on building up the conflict more as well as the backstories like the past 4 episodes have done quite well. were heading in the right direction so lets hope they pull off enough to prevent a "too little too late" situation

SweetCoconut said:

Whats with XEBEC with this kind of ED?
its the same director as to love ru darkness as well as other ecchi central shows also animated by xebex, this isnt surprising especially after the random ecchi scenes that have appeared thus far for the sole purpouse of showing the female cast naked
JizzyHitlerOct 11, 2014 11:07 AM

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Oct 12, 2014 5:04 AM

Nov 2011
4/5

Toh! Look who he sees, even if I guessed right away, but the beauty of the story lies in the backroom deals between the governments and the banks of the mecha-producing industries, which bastards! D:
Nice episode, the protagonist is good, but not the usual Deus ex machina served up in every mecha series.
Unfortunately, the drawings and animations of the characters and not only is it bad.
That the CG is a bit better, as animation.
It happens! With the budget that can be found, I thought we'd never had a new ending, I was denied! : P
Oct 12, 2014 12:09 PM

Dec 2013
The Directors did a pretty shitty job of hiding who was piloting the Alpha. I knew it would be Richthofen the moment that he let the scout empty his cartridge and THEN shoot him, since that's just how evilly badass he is.

I'm still not seeing any additional development in Tokimune's piloting skills. Hopefully someone on his team dies next episode to get the ball rolling. He's had it so easy for so long, I don't even see him doing any additional training to get better with his piloting. It's always "Oh, Jamie has a new upgrade for me, I'll go check it out and load in" and then nothing. We need someone, maybe his twintailed kouhai to kick the bucket so he goes into rage mode and starts actually training with intensity for the showdown between him and Richthofen. He can't just get so lucky with backup support and shit all the time.

Oh and yeah that ending was hawt as hell!
HESTIAAPPROVES
Oct 12, 2014 12:28 PM
Aug 2014
I disagree that there was no development on Tokimune's piloting skills. He was able to dodge most of the bullets Ghosts was pointing at him and was able to cross swords with Richtofen. Also, Richtofen wiped the floor with him with an outdated mech before, but Tokimune was holding his own (although in the disadvantage) with the new Mech. With Tokimune's old piloting skills, Richtofen would had stomped him with the new mech.

Not to mention Namie, who was being a burden to him.

He's no way at the veterans level of piloting, but he's obviously improved.
Oct 12, 2014 5:40 PM

Jan 2011
The veterans are just as bad as Tokimune whenever they have to do something on their own. They only show off whem Tokimune managed to either fight the enemy to a stalemate or is on the verge of losing, at which point they show up and "save the day".

The unit wiped out in the beginning was an "elite scout unit", full of veterans. They made a big deal out of it.

Silfy and Lorenz were supposed to meat up with Tokimune and Namie before the enemy arrives. What do they do? Even though Tokimune rushed back once Richthofen broke through, they only came out when Richthofen had destroyed half the base and exchange several blows (after burning through the magazine) with Tokimune.

They didn't even manage to move their mechs 100 meters by the time they were supposed to be like 5 km outside. Their way was blocked, but that was expected, and with all the houses etc. exploding new ways open up, too. Shortcuts through a demolished hangar etc.

In the end, Lorenz didn't even make it to where Tokimune is - only Silfy showed up.

Everyone, both in the show as well as here gives Tokimune way to much flak, given how bad the higher ranks mess up there, too.

Also: Everyone on Arandas side needs to learn to aim. Once they can actually hit an enemy charging in a straight line, give them bullets that can actually do damage.

Besides that, nice to see the enemy is just a pawn in the hands of whoever was at that suspicious meeting, and that they keep having their own problem with incapable superiors etc.

Tokimunes unit should totally team up with Richthofens unit and go independent of both countries.
Oct 13, 2014 6:34 AM

Sep 2011
I guess after this episode richthofens is a officially a char clone, not that his first appearance didnt spell that out

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Oct 13, 2014 12:54 PM
Sep 2013
Looks like another case of large mega corporations manipulating things from behind the scenes to gain profit at the expense of the lives and well-being of the people. I wouldn't be surprise if they are the ones who instigated the war, or at the very least, are purposely prolonging it.

Baddie007 said:
Looks like the company who made the Argevollen where playing both sides, now who is that girl we saw in the ending song?

You seriously couldn't figure it out? It could only be Jamie or Namie but the short blond hair made it pretty obvious. It would had been pretty significant if it wasn't Jamie though, as that would mean that her main heroine status would be at risk of being compromise.

Anyways, I know its anime tradition to make the ED focus on the main heroine but was the fanservice necessary? I suppose no harm is really done since its not happening during the actual story and therefore isn't really distracting.
Oct 13, 2014 1:04 PM
Sep 2013
Caraculiambro said:

What makes you guys say that? I mean if she was an actual threatening romantic rival for Jamie than maybe but she's really not. At least, not at this point.

NwAurion said:
Also: Everyone on Arandas side needs to learn to aim. Once they can actually hit an enemy charging in a straight line, give them bullets that can actually do damage.

LOL, that is so true, I just take it as the production team not wanting to waste extra time and money on complicated animation sequences. This isn't just restricted to this anime though, in A LOT of shows, live action included, people just can't freaking aim. I think the Batman series is the most notorious for this since he doesn't have any superpowers.
Oct 14, 2014 8:59 PM

Apr 2012
I wonder if the linkage depth and NR syndrome are related some how. Like if the pilot reaches 100% he'll lose his mind like how his sister did.

Oct 15, 2014 11:56 AM

Sep 2011
Zeally said:
I wonder if the linkage depth and NR syndrome are related some how. Like if the pilot reaches 100% he'll lose his mind like how his sister did.
I really like the idea of this, i really hope this is something the show goes for

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Oct 17, 2014 4:10 AM

Jul 2014
Zeally said:

Confirmed on ep 15 I think.
"All things are poison, and nothing is without poison; only the dose permits something not to be poisonous"

PROJECT-ERASER
Nov 20, 2014 5:27 PM

Oct 2013
thats fucked up shit
kind of rinds me of real life >.>
people manufacturing weapons for both sides to profit
[/quote]
Apr 12, 2016 2:56 AM

Aug 2013
Damn that ED song is a freaking killer.
It seems like the quality of animation is back on track, thank god.
Kouhai-chan was literally a sitting duck target in the background, so scary lol.
I would probably crack if they introduce Namie-chan just to kill her off.
I don't get Tokimune's sudden berserk mode though.
Finally a good nemesis for Argevollen.
Oct 8, 2016 7:47 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
appear the "ghost" a trail mecha enemy...this was the first confrontation of the future autenthic war grrrrr
Jan 15, 2017 1:56 PM

Nov 2013
An "evil" Argevollen appeared.

The corporation guys want to sell the system, before the downside gets obvious. I expected, that there's some kind of drawback.

The other mech is piloted by Douchy McDoucheface. No wonder, that there were no survivors.

I don't get, why people compare Tokimune and Douchy respectively their piloting skills. Tokimune is in the military for, I think, a few months and Douchy has years worth of experience. Of course, he is the better pilot. Plus the Sturm Alpha has better specs it seems.
TheBigGuyJan 15, 2017 2:24 PM
You're a louse, Roger Smith. - R. Dorothy Wayneright
This is my fight! No Senpai, this is our fight! - Kojou Akatsuki & Yukina Himeragi

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shirogane no Ishi: Argevollen Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 18, 2014

72 by oooo3333 »»
Dec 6, 2020 12:07 AM

Poll: » Shirogane no Ishi: Argevollen Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 4, 2014

31 by oooo3333 »»
Nov 25, 2020 1:21 PM

Poll: » Shirogane no Ishi: Argevollen Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jul 31, 2014

74 by SakurasouBusters »»
Mar 16, 2017 7:10 PM

Poll: » Shirogane no Ishi: Argevollen Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jul 24, 2014

76 by SakurasouBusters »»
Mar 11, 2017 7:26 AM

Poll: » Shirogane no Ishi: Argevollen Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jul 17, 2014

91 by SakurasouBusters »»
Mar 10, 2017 1:44 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.