Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Parasyte
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (12) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »
Oct 8, 2014 7:31 PM

Apr 2011
That was good.

Wubs.
Oct 8, 2014 7:57 PM

Jun 2008
I didn't expect Migi to be so... cute! I want a Migi of my own.

So far, the adaption doesn't seem too bad. Hopefully, they won't make any drastic changes.
Oct 8, 2014 8:03 PM

Aug 2014
Nice ep
Looking forward to this anime.

Xway101 ~By me~
Oct 8, 2014 8:09 PM

Oct 2008
Ando- said:
That seems to be the case at least, as he's not too afraid of insects anymore

This is a problem, in my opinion. They want to emphazise that he starts getting affected, but in the manga this happens quite a bit later, and one doesn't realize Shinichi starts getting affected like that until later, it's more subtle. Like him eating more, he eats like a normal kid and the mom mentions he starts eating more, but as a reader you'd think he's just being a normal growing boy, but looking back it started little by little. The author is great at it, so it's annoying to see such a "in your face" approach for the anime, like we're too damn dumb to notice unless they spell it out for us in bright letters. The same reason why I don't like how they changed him to a nerdy soft guy with glasses.
Oct 8, 2014 8:10 PM

May 2009
I wasn't expecting such a great adaptation. Seeing the parasytes animated so fluidly was awesome.
Looking forward to the next!
"The weak get washed away by the tides of fate...The strong drink it up."-Godot
Oct 8, 2014 8:16 PM

Oct 2014
Noticed Madhouse re-designed Parasytes characters and made them "prettier" compared to the manga, Murano in the manga looks like she is 40 years old.

Great episode though.

Oct 8, 2014 8:18 PM

Jun 2014
Another awesome opening song from Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas!

The episode was pretty good too! I'm really interested in what these Parasytes are after!
So glad that I'm not a huge manga reader, because the manga readers WHINE WAY TOO MUCH and have to RUIN every adapted anime for the ANIME ONLY WATCHERS!
Oct 8, 2014 8:22 PM

Oct 2014
Saeedpoppa said:
It's like Tokyo Ghoul but intensely creepy.

Its 10000x better than Tokyo Ghoul, Shinichi character development later on is how Kaneki shouldve been

Oct 8, 2014 8:27 PM

Aug 2014
Good adaptation so far. Migi's voice was pretty much what I expected. Not feeling the soundtrack though.
Sieg Zeon!
Oct 8, 2014 8:29 PM

Dec 2012
Amazing start. I loved it. We got a bit of action too which I didn't expect from the first episode. I'm really excited for next episode. 5/5
Albi-kunOct 8, 2014 8:38 PM
Oct 8, 2014 8:32 PM

Apr 2014
That was a pretty unexpected start to the show. Not what you'd typically see 30 seconds in.

Absolutely love the OST and OP in the show so far.

Also really like the character designs. Was excited for this show, definitely didn't disappoint episode one. Looking forward to this series.
Nop.
Oct 8, 2014 8:33 PM

Apr 2013
This is so what the fuck

Imma end up having nightmares

Seriously though, this episode was awesome. I'm tempted to read the manga, if there is one. OP song is fucking disgusting though. ugh
NudeBearOct 8, 2014 8:37 PM
Oct 8, 2014 8:42 PM

Jun 2010
Awesome episode. I'm thinkin' this show is gonna be a joy to watch so far. .......................

Dat OP tho.....o__0

Love the OP.
Oct 8, 2014 8:46 PM

Feb 2010
This was as awesome as I hoped it would be. Not overpacing, but captivating from the start and pretty good animation. I definitely dig it.
What I don't dig at all is the OP, but well, it's easy to skip and the rest of the episode had good OSTs so it's not a big deal. In any case I can't wait to see more of this.
I probably regret this post by now.
Oct 8, 2014 8:47 PM

Oct 2014
migi look almost similar to krumm from Aaahh!!! Real Monsters.
Oct 8, 2014 8:57 PM

Jan 2012
Rly enjoyed this episode, it was very interesting since the beginning. And I totally LOVED the ost. Need to get it soon <3

And I liked the design of the characters, specially Shinichi's.

Can't wait for next week!
Oct 8, 2014 9:09 PM

Oct 2014
cyst said:
Someone nailed it earlier in this thread when they mentioned Shinichi sharing some similarities to Peter Parker in Sam Raimi's Spider-Man. They even added the fucking glasses! lol In the manga, the changes were much more subtle and didn't happen right away. But an adaptation that doesn't stay 100% true to its source material doesn't necessarily mean it'll end up being bad. I'll keep it on my list for now and see how it goes...

By the way, dubstep and boob groping? Really?
cyst said:
Someone nailed it earlier in this thread when they mentioned Shinichi sharing some similarities to Peter Parker in Sam Raimi's Spider-Man. They even added the fucking glasses! lol In the manga, the changes were much more subtle and didn't happen right away. But an adaptation that doesn't stay 100% true to its source material doesn't necessarily mean it'll end up being bad. I'll keep it on my list for now and see how it goes...

lol i realy dont expect the boob groping scene coming.:-!
Oct 8, 2014 9:12 PM
Oct 2010
cyst said:
lol In the manga, the changes were much more subtle and didn't happen right away.

Not sure which manga you were reading but the changes happened from chapter 1 and were quite apparent. In fact I'd say madhouse did a better job in terms of him gradually changing.

cyst said:

He inappropriately touched a girl in the manga to, just saying.
Oct 8, 2014 9:17 PM

Feb 2012
just... wow... amazing.
wow this is cool
Oct 8, 2014 9:30 PM

Jul 2013
Monjoex said:
You're the first person I've seen mention that. I agree. :P
Oct 8, 2014 9:40 PM

Mar 2014
Yakuri said:
Ando- said:
That seems to be the case at least, as he's not too afraid of insects anymore

This is a problem, in my opinion. They want to emphazise that he starts getting affected, but in the manga this happens quite a bit later, and one doesn't realize Shinichi starts getting affected like that until later, it's more subtle. Like him eating more, he eats like a normal kid and the mom mentions he starts eating more, but as a reader you'd think he's just being a normal growing boy, but looking back it started little by little. The author is great at it, so it's annoying to see such a "in your face" approach for the anime, like we're too damn dumb to notice unless they spell it out for us in bright letters. The same reason why I don't like how they changed him to a nerdy soft guy with glasses.

I haven't read all of the manga but I did go over the first few chapters just to see the differences. While there were many differences, the anime is pretty faithful overall. And right from the start (in the manga) I already saw Shinichi showing a lot of changes so I don't really get this "subtlety" you're speaking of. The teacher notices him catching chalk, his friends question his hand, etc. and this was all in chapter 1.

I also don't understand why people like you get "offended" with approaches that are "in your face", which isn't how I view it at all. While watching not once did I feel like the directors thought I was too stupid to get what was going on. I got the idea that "hey, this guy's not the same" but I didn't feel spoonfed at all.

Anyway, as for the episode, GREAT premise. Mad House is already off to a good start as usual. The parasyte (that everyone seems to be calling "Migi") is cute as hell, I like the main character and hope to see more of this show!
Oct 8, 2014 9:41 PM

Jul 2009
Well i'm impressed.

Am i the only one that thinks Migi is kinda cute? I like the part where he's like "Shinichi it's cold!" lol what a cutie.
Oct 8, 2014 9:48 PM

Aug 2013
Very solid first ep.

The art was good. That Fear and Loathing OP was great. Was hoping to hear more of them after Brynhildr. OST was good too.

Characters seem good, the few that were introduced at least.

Not as horror-esque as I was thinking/hoping it would be, but I'm still fine with it.
Oct 8, 2014 9:54 PM

Sep 2008
I'm feeling pretty alright about this first episode. Still trying really hard to separate the manga from this anime. The animation is probably the biggest plus along with no censorship aw yea. The OST ugh, especially the dubstep, i just can't enjoy the fight scenes with that mess in the background.

Someone posted Shinji without the glasses and that just totally calms my doubts because that's the shinji i know and love. Migi's voice is probably the thing that throws me off the most cuz in my head i hear a more boyish and not so monotone voice. its more like a "tell it in your face idgaf attitude". Typical Migi with its own ideals and thoughts on how things work, set like stone.

I also like the tone of the anime, it's intense and I'm sure everyone had a scene where they felt somewhat uncomfortable, even if some of us know what's going to happen. For me that was he wanted to stab the hell out of his hand and the tourniquet scene. Oh yeah just one more thing,

Monjoex said:

ok this is the best comment because i'm glad people still remember Aaahh!!! Real Monsters and now i'm gonna think about Krumm when i watch this, thanx
Oct 8, 2014 10:02 PM

Oct 2008
jreginald said:
The teacher notices him catching chalk, his friends question his hand, etc. and this was all in chapter 1.

You're obviously not understanding at all. In the manga, those aren't Shinichi's changes, that's Migi (the hand), and they're physical things anyways. I'm talking about Shinichi changing MENTALLY. Since you haven't read the manga except the first chapter you don't know what I'm talking about, and I won't spoil it for you.

I don't like "in your face" approaches because they're exactly that. They blatantly are doing this, downright to Shinichi's glasses look. This all happened literally in the first episode, when Migi is just starting to learn and "grow" and already Shinichi can catch bugs, for example. His fear of bugs has nothing to do with his hand, it's a mental thing, yet in the anime he immediately gets over it (not even gonna mention he's not afraid of bugs in the manga). It's more gradual and sinister in the manga because he doesn't immediately do this, it happens much later on. The only thing he really does is eat more, which by itself is not a really big change or a big deal considering he's a growing boy. The very fact you already got the "hey, this guy's not the same" proves it. In the original story you get that he gets a creature in his hand, but still is the same guy. This is the FIRST episode and Shinichi has been with Migi for around a day and a half. That's pretty damn blunt and rushed. But like I said they're probably making it a lot easier for people so they get a wider audience

I can only talk like this because I've read the manga many, many times though, and have developed an opinion encompassing the story as a whole, so I don't want to spoil it to people like you.
Oct 8, 2014 10:17 PM

Jan 2013
Yakuri said:
jreginald said:
The teacher notices him catching chalk, his friends question his hand, etc. and this was all in chapter 1.

You're obviously not understanding at all. In the manga, those aren't Shinichi's changes, that's Migi (the hand), and they're physical things anyways. I'm talking about Shinichi changing MENTALLY. Since you haven't read the manga except the first chapter you don't know what I'm talking about, and I won't spoil it for you.

I don't like "in your face" approaches because they're exactly that. They blatantly are doing this, downright to Shinichi's glasses look. This all happened literally in the first episode, when Migi is just starting to learn and "grow" and already Shinichi can catch bugs, for example. His fear of bugs has nothing to do with his hand, it's a mental thing, yet in the anime he immediately gets over it (not even gonna mention he's not afraid of bugs in the manga). It's more gradual and sinister in the manga because he doesn't immediately do this, it happens much later on. The only thing he really does is eat more, which by itself is not a really big change or a big deal considering he's a growing boy. The very fact you already got the "hey, this guy's not the same" proves it. In the original story you get that he gets a creature in his hand, but still is the same guy. This is the FIRST episode and Shinichi has been with Migi for around a day and a half. That's pretty damn blunt and rushed. But like I said they're probably making it a lot easier for people so they get a wider audience

I can only talk like this because I've read the manga many, many times though, and have developed an opinion encompassing the story as a whole, so I don't want to spoil it to people like you.

THE GLASSES ARE FOR CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT

(It's definitely not to pander to weebs)
Oct 8, 2014 10:17 PM

Jun 2010
this seems promising, not worth all the hype... yet, but definitely on my to watch list.
<--- Who Your Waifus Look Up To --->
Oct 8, 2014 10:20 PM

Mar 2009
My goodness, was that Aya Hirano? Nice of them to finally let her out of the dungeon.

One of my most anticipated shows, and it delivered.
Oct 8, 2014 10:23 PM
Jul 2010
I never read the manga before, but this anime sure looks promising! Unlike most anime about invasion and survival, none of the humans know about the aliens. I'll keep track of this anime since it looks good.
Oct 8, 2014 10:29 PM

Nov 2012
oh wow this was a bit disturbing.. so it got its job done i guess!
and no censors, that's also good. the only thing that makes it a bit awkward is that i often can't unhear haru's voice when shinichi is talking. :x but otherwise i's impressed with this first episode!

Nov 2013
amazing so far. i could see this being a potential 10/10

Aug 2013
I've always thought Migi would sound different but this works too. It works quite well imo. I wish they kept the original art style but it's quite dated so I understand why they have to 'update' it. Minor gripe, no big deal. Great first episode.
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Oct 8, 2014 10:37 PM

Sep 2013
The opening has a Tokyo Ghoul vibe.

What can I say? I'm not sold yet in the premise of the show, but in the production side Madhouse is doing it right. Definitely will be following this one.
Oct 8, 2014 10:46 PM

Apr 2012
Possible AOTS it seems.
Oct 8, 2014 10:58 PM

Aug 2013
Was kinda worried about this getting adapted right, but this first episode was great.
Of course, this is only just the first episode.
wow gay
Oct 8, 2014 11:07 PM

Jan 2014
Let's see. I had heard of the Manga awhile back and knew about the basic premise but, well it kind of floated into the back of my mind somewhere. For a first episode, it had me interested.

The protagonist is some poor kid who just wants his right arm, and now has to deal with this freaky Alien...thing. Highlight of the episode for me was saving the little girl and tearing up that car something nasty. It was pretty awesome.

As for gore, it's got plenty of it. It evoked no reaction out of me, but I'm sure it did something for other people. This Anime definitely sets the tone for the series so you know what you're watching and you know what to expect.

One thing I didn't really get was the repeated quote at the end of the episode. It's a semi-common thing as far as Anime goes, but I saw nothing that hinted at someone wanting to save or protect the world. I saw a bonkers serial killer and some type of green spore ball thing carry the Aliens to a window, but no one making such a declaration like something out of a Shounen.

Did it mean the protagonist? it just wasn't clear to me. Anyways, it was good. Hopefully it will continue to do so, as it had good Animation and an interesting story.

Let's hope it delivers.
Oct 8, 2014 11:09 PM

Jun 2011
I like it. Best one I've watched this season by far. I hope it won't disappoint.
Oct 8, 2014 11:22 PM

Jun 2012
Liked the OP, interesting setting, looks promising overall.

Hope they don't rush it.

(PS: Thank god they didn't use Yūki Kaji in the cast)
Oct 8, 2014 11:23 PM

Oct 2014
Wow! It looks so interesting and funny. I want more already!
I LOVE MUTANTS! <3
Oct 8, 2014 11:32 PM
Apr 2014
Enjoyed it, was looking forward to this adaption and it didn't disappoint.
Oct 8, 2014 11:41 PM

Jul 2011
i love it! i love it!

This and Rage of Bahamut equally has the best first episode this season!!!!! xD
I was skeptical about those two shows at first, thank God both was actually awesome!

Btw....
LOL @ all the people complaining about the glasses.
Did you guys even read what madhouse got to say about that?
"Glasses showing character development because nowadays audience is retarded"

It's important for the plot, but nowadays, the majority of otaku in japan has an IQ less than 70, that's why they need to do something more obvious to show the character development.
Oct 8, 2014 11:55 PM

Aug 2012
MH modernized the art-style and some aspects in the environment, and I could say that that's a nice touch.
I doubt that this will be an AOTY contender because of FS/N and PP2 (if done right), but this episode says the adaptation will be just fine.
Oct 9, 2014 12:06 AM

Oct 2014
kiseijuu vs midori days..
Oct 9, 2014 12:12 AM

Sep 2014
Monjoex said:
kiseijuu vs midori days..

thats the worst comparison anyone could ever make not in similarity but quality midori days is not even watchable for a toddler imo but kiseijuu ................. takes my breath away.:)
Oct 9, 2014 12:19 AM

Apr 2013
Definitely gonna follow
Excellent start
I thought the alien gonna be scary, but turn out it's pretty cute aside from its shape
Oct 9, 2014 12:27 AM

Sep 2009
It took me approximately 4 seconds to fall in love with this anime.
Oct 9, 2014 12:35 AM

May 2013
I think this is one I can say with confidence is excellent, and considering its acclaimed source material and MADHOUSE, will stay that way for the rest of its run. Which, thank fuck for that, cause I am so damn tired of shit that falls apart after a really promising start.

But good lore, that animation. Glory be, my stars, I do fucking declare, Madhouse you are my sunshine.
Oct 9, 2014 12:53 AM

Oct 2011
Gossebumps and creepy at the same time. Shivers : 0

0____________________0

If I watch the live action movie. Will it ruin the events yet to come in the anime???
Oct 9, 2014 12:56 AM

Aug 2011
Sweanime said:
And people thing one scene in cross ange is disturping :P

It´s like looking at the animeversion of the movie "the thing"

My problem with that scene in Cross Ange was that it was completely unnecessary and only done for shock value. That show is garbage and the two are incomparable.

Vengeance of everyone's grudge.

"I didn't add it to my list so I forgot I was watching that." - lpf
Oct 9, 2014 12:59 AM

May 2013
gruesome but still, a good episode

the animation was pretty good so far and the music also good enough

definitely looking forward for this

Pages (12) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Netfix - Parasyte: The Grey A Korean Live-Action series

sarahak - Aug 24, 2022

24 by Elfezen »»
Apr 23, 1:19 AM

» [SPOILERS] Parasyte: The Grey, Post-watch discussion thread

JVskunkape - Apr 13

0 by JVskunkape »»
Apr 13, 11:55 PM

Poll: » Kiseijuu: Sei no Kakuritsu Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Feb 4, 2015

244 by httplatte »»
Apr 12, 12:25 AM

» Biggest plot hole? Or maybe not

egosumjohn - Apr 6

21 by Ankibank »»
Apr 11, 11:03 PM

Poll: » Kiseijuu: Sei no Kakuritsu Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

bastek66 - Mar 25, 2015

654 by brenosempau »»
Apr 11, 9:59 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.