3It was OK
8.9%
2Disliked it
1.7%
1Hated it
1.5%
Average 4.4
866 votes
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Nov 2, 2009 7:45 PM

Aug 2009
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Episode 13 aired on the official website. The stream is a bit shaky right now being hammered by tons of users. It continues the story of Tsubasa Cat.
aulzonNov 2, 2009 8:08 PM
Nov 2, 2009 7:51 PM

Nov 2007
I'm still trying to get through as well. Maybe I'll give it a rest before trying again.

EDIT: Argh, what a cliffhanger. AS expected I'm still not ready for watching SHAFT shows raw. I like the slight change to the ED. I hope there wasn't anything after that because I screwed up while watching the ED. Orz
KantarouNov 2, 2009 9:11 PM
Nov 2, 2009 9:45 PM

Jul 2008
Horribleraws released the raw on TT as well.

Edit: So much for Koyomi Vamp =/
Gar_LoganNov 3, 2009 3:26 PM
Nov 2, 2009 10:14 PM
Feb 2009
amg!
Nov 3, 2009 12:45 AM
Jul 2018
Highlights
- Araragi smiling when he sees Hatikuji
- Meta-humour with Senjogahara :D
- Hanekawa in pajama = too hot!
- Nice, how Oshino awakened the cat per pushing her into stress.
Nov 3, 2009 5:26 AM

Jul 2009
does that talk around seiyu joke indicates a sequel?
anyway, i like mayoi as always; dont really get those jokes between hanekawa and araragi so the middle part feels pretty dull, but towards the end it gets pretty interesting again. next ~
Nov 3, 2009 6:51 AM

Jun 2008
Finally.
Araragi abusing Hachikuji was best part. Personally i don't like Hanekawa, but as a cat she's definitely hot, perhaps it's the glasses.
Nov 3, 2009 8:59 AM

Apr 2009
awesome backflip
Nov 3, 2009 9:25 AM

Nov 2008
vinesage said:
anyway, i like mayoi as always;
Yeah, too cute! ~
I actually expected them to finish this arc by now, since I heard some rumors they might include the vampire part. But if so, they will only have one episode left for it?
That's too bad..

Anyways, Hitagi's expression looked somewhat softer, almost sweet now. Probably because of her succesful date, heh.
Nov 3, 2009 9:34 AM

Apr 2009
Oh God, the beginning xD Mayoi is the best. 'Glad I could help you out.' How are we supposed to interpret this? xD
'- My voice actress is excellent.
- Voice actress? What is this, an anime?!' - breaking the fourth wall, great x3 I lvoe this.
Aw, the way he ran away on the bike, yelling 'yeah' was cute.
'Hanekawa-sama, let me take your shirt.' -dies- Araragi you perv.
- If you believe this place holds you, it is a prison.
If you do not wish to leave, it will become a fortress.

Current icon:
Kusuriuri from Mononoke
by pana (LJ username)
Nov 3, 2009 9:55 AM

Jul 2008
lmao it's back
and lulz entertaining episode >_<
lolz@ the beginning
Nov 3, 2009 10:56 AM

May 2009
LOL, the terminator mode was so funny, and Araragi really went overboard this time XD
And of course, the Senjougahara's usual "Ah so" :)
lol @ "Araragi, there's something we need to talk about after the bike ride" XD She said it so ominously :D But in the end they didn't talk :P He got lucky! Yaay!
And wow, 'cat power' in the end *-*
Nov 3, 2009 12:07 PM

Feb 2008
OJustSumGuy said:
This episode was pretty much the base for the next two episodes. The only part I didn't like was the 4-5 minute back and forth of Japanese puns between Agargi and the prez.

yeah that got kind of boring for a while, but other than that excellent episode
Nov 3, 2009 12:43 PM

Jul 2008
yeha finally ep 13. not so much senjougahara but still pretty good. loled at the beginning with the loli groping ^^ haha that lucky bastard xD

Nov 3, 2009 12:46 PM

Jul 2009
Great! It's back, Hanekawa in pyjamas ish hawt! White haired Hanekawa is daring, damn! <3

When the rosario on her chest is taken off, Moka's vampire inner self awakes.
Nov 3, 2009 12:47 PM

Apr 2009
OJustSumGuy said:
This episode was pretty much the base for the next two episodes. The only part I didn't like was the 4-5 minute back and forth of Japanese puns between Agargi and the prez.

Yeah,agreed.

Cenedess said:
How are we supposed to interpret this? xD
'- My voice actress is excellent.
- Voice actress? What is this, an anime?!' - breaking the fourth wall, great x3 I lvoe this.

Oh god,I laughed XD
Nov 3, 2009 1:47 PM
Mar 2009
senjogahara breaking the fourth wall hilarious!
hanekawa brings me and the anime down shes like the third toe between senjogahara and araragi and the anime
lol araragi's a pedo

True or False
Anime + Manga = Chuck Norris / Chuck Norris
Nov 3, 2009 2:14 PM

Apr 2009
Mayori made my day.
Nov 3, 2009 2:38 PM
Dec 2008
i wonder how long till next episode
Nov 3, 2009 2:53 PM

Dec 2008
Well next ep seems to be interesting.

This one was pretty good too, but the discussion between the prez and Araragi went over my head a few times.

Wonder how long it will take for the next release..
Nov 3, 2009 3:36 PM

Jul 2009
This must be this years most OVERRATED anime..

Gets real boring really fast, though I have not grown any particular interested in this series or liked the way it is done since episode 1.

Must resist the urge to drop it and see the last two episodes though^^
Nov 3, 2009 4:05 PM

Jul 2009
Well, i suppose this anime really isn't for everybody...
Since the plot is quite dull for an anime about supernatural beings, but it was intended to be that way so the focus of the anime would shift away from the supernatural events and closely examine the characters and explore how each character deals with the oddities.
Lots of the jokes, whether it was funny or not, all seemed pretty original (especially when all the jokes tie in so well with the characters) and even if some of the jokes were kinda hit and miss, i still love Bakemonogatari for trying to be different from the other animes.
People may also have had high expectations for it before release, since it's a Shaft anime but can it rele be considered overrated when they did such a good job (in terms of character developments, anime design and animation)?
All in all... I don't think it's overrated at all.

Nov 3, 2009 4:08 PM

Apr 2009
EternalDreamer said:

Gets real boring really fast, though I have not grown any particular interested in this series or liked the way it is done since episode 1.

nonetheless you're still watching it...

Imo i don't understand all the hype around it either, there are shows way better and there are shows way worse, but what i don't really get it's those haters who will allways hate some show no matter what... or just because it's popular...

about the episode, it was rather enjoyable, with hachikuji and all, but the part with hanekawa feels a little odd, because herself was strange with al that speech and trying to avoid the subject...
botchNov 3, 2009 4:15 PM
Nov 3, 2009 4:38 PM

Feb 2009
whoa didnt realise this would be out. thats made me happy
Nov 3, 2009 4:50 PM

Jul 2009
How i love cliffhanger XD
Nov 3, 2009 5:27 PM

Mar 2009
*sigh of relief*
I finally get my Bakemonogatari fix after nearly a month...
I'm quite pleased with this episode (lol at the beginning XD), but I'm just begging for more! ;A; I NEED EPISODE 14 NOOOOOOW.

Also, does anyone know when the rest of Koyomi Vamp will get translated? I really want to read it, it's pretty cool so far.
Nov 3, 2009 5:48 PM

Jun 2009
about time, it only took a month
it was somewhat different from usual, especially araragi's actions, but i liked it and some scenes were very good :]
Nov 3, 2009 6:47 PM

Sep 2008
haha araragi pedofile XD
Being a fan is like having a penis. Its nice to be proud of it But don't pull it out in public and wave it in other's faces

Kyurem Black. Kyurem White. Together they are Pretty Kyurem.
Nov 3, 2009 7:24 PM

Jul 2009
Yes Its Back And What A Great episode
Nov 3, 2009 8:24 PM

Jul 2008
Was the BGM during the BD commercial for Tsubasa Cat going to be the new OP?
Nov 3, 2009 8:34 PM

May 2009
Groping a Loli made me LOL.
Also I have the sudden urge to want to wear neko pajamas in a hat.
I loved Hanekawa's hair down she was really cute.
Nov 3, 2009 9:23 PM
Oct 2009
i find the begining quite amusing as well
it was a great episode, loved the part where she turns into a cat
Nov 3, 2009 10:04 PM

Aug 2008
Motherfucking cliffhanger.

Nov 3, 2009 11:30 PM

Aug 2008
fantastic episode. Took forever for us to get it and not enough senjougahara, but I'll deal. Looking forward to the last two episodes!
Romance comedy anime - Japan's gift to America
Nov 4, 2009 12:51 AM

Sep 2007
Ararararagi is one crazy lolicon. He totally molested Mayoi for a good while there. Thank god there was some Hitagi screentime but more Hitagi would've been awesome.

A whack on the head and Hanekawa switches to the crazy catgirl that she is. How lulz.
Nov 4, 2009 1:10 AM
Jan 2008
Actually, I think I heard somewhere that eps 14 and 15 are being included on one of the DVDs, so it might be a WHILE till we can get to them. If that's not true, someone please correct me.

Also, what makes this show good isn't the story, it's the characters and the interaction between them. People are looking for the wrong things if they're thinking that the show's not worth watching because there isn't a coherent plot.

All in all, wish I could get my hands on the light novels...
Nov 4, 2009 1:16 AM

Apr 2008
haha ... suddenly talking about baseball at the end

Nov 4, 2009 1:22 AM

Aug 2007
One of the best shows I've ever seen. I'm glad that since the end of the TV airing it has not slowed down and continues being awesome. In the ads in the end I heard a little glimpse of Horie Yui's OP. Apparently it's called sugar sweet nightmare and it sounds great and I can't wait to see it! Hopefully next episode.
Nov 4, 2009 1:53 AM

Aug 2009
Few changes from what I see.
All I can think of is why is there so many damn ads.
The Medium quality looks strange and some subs never show up.

Although I cant expect it to be perfect but it just makes me wonder.
Nov 4, 2009 2:00 AM
Mar 2009
Good episode, only thing I didn't like was the constant talk between Araragi and Hanekawa at the park, but other than that, this is the Bakemonogatari I still know and love. The little cliffhanger in the end was nice. Looking forward to the next episode.
Nov 4, 2009 2:18 AM

May 2009
Wish I could hug a loli like Koyomi handled Mayoi. Then again, I wouldn't want her to bite my fingers off either.

Anyway, nice to see some of the 'older' characters make their return again, been a long time since I saw Mayoi. Hitagi's fourth wall breaking was funny. And speaking of Hitagi, did they change her hair color or was that because of the quality overall?

Now I'm curious as to how Hanekawa's problem will be solved.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 4, 2009 2:23 AM

May 2008
Nice Episode,
finally we get too see bake again ^^
Well it was kinda slow, but the interaction between mayoi and aragi is funny as always XD
and Hitagi! <3 great to see her, but not for long =/

cant wait for next episode, i prefer hanekawa in cat fprm for some reason.
Nov 4, 2009 2:58 AM

Nov 2007
AO968 said:
Wish I could hug a loli like Koyomi handled Mayoi. Then again, I wouldn't want her to bite my fingers off either.

Anyway, nice to see some of the 'older' characters make their return again, been a long time since I saw Mayoi. Hitagi's fourth wall breaking was funny. And speaking of Hitagi, did they change her hair color or was that because of the quality overall?

Now I'm curious as to how Hanekawa's problem will be solved.
Its the lighting. You'll notice that most of the characters in this episode have slightly different hair tones because of the time of day. Hayate no Gotoku is another example where Hayate's hair looks green during sunset/sunrise.
Nov 4, 2009 3:05 AM

Apr 2008
A nice return.
Hanekawa in PJs is HOT!
Hachikuji getting rape in the beginning was lol
Senjougahara is awesome as always
Cat girl is back

And on to a important note I wonder if Hanekawa does like Araragi and is stressing about his relationship with the other girls? We'll soon find out.
Nov 4, 2009 3:36 AM

Jul 2009
arknot14 said:
EternalDreamer said:

nonetheless you're still watching it...

Imo i don't understand all the hype around it either, there are shows way better and there are shows way worse, but what i don't really get it's those haters who will allways hate some show no matter what... or just because it's popular...

about the episode, it was rather enjoyable, with hachikuji and all, but the part with hanekawa feels a little odd, because herself was strange with al that speech and trying to avoid the subject...

have I been able to endure this far I'm not going to drop the show with only 2 episodes left =P

It's not all that bad and actually brings you to laugh at times, though it's no where near as good as some peoples say it is.
In fact I'd say it's more annoying than good most of the time.
Nov 4, 2009 5:35 AM

Oct 2008
Gavotte said:
Actually, I think I heard somewhere that eps 14 and 15 are being included on one of the DVDs, so it might be a WHILE till we can get to them. If that's not true, someone please correct me.

Also, what makes this show good isn't the story, it's the characters and the interaction between them. People are looking for the wrong things if they're thinking that the show's not worth watching because there isn't a coherent plot.

All in all, wish I could get my hands on the light novels...

I was under the impression that the last three episodes will be ONA's. It certainly seems by how ANN is talking about the delays that occurred due to encoding that this series is basically still in the production process. Basically, I think that eps. 14 and 15 will probably also be released online when they are finished. But the quality in resolution and animation, like in this episode, will also probably be lacking until they release it on dvd/BD or release another high resolution version online. If anyone else has a direct link to more info please share.
Nov 4, 2009 6:24 AM

Dec 2007
Artificial, boring, stupid harem, pointless-and-annoying dialogues, as always.

The only thing I enjoy in this shit is the ED song.
Nov 4, 2009 6:48 AM

Aug 2009
It's kind of strange that people think that it's boring and annoying but still watch 13 episodes of it.

Masochism is a weird thing.
Nov 4, 2009 6:57 AM

Dec 2007
Yeah, it started interesting, so I gave it a try... so whatever, decide to finish it (just 15 episodes) so I can say that I hate it with reasons lol.
I admit it's rare, I use to drop quickly, but I had hopes on it, since it is so popular.
Nov 4, 2009 7:14 AM

Jun 2008
taterhead said:
Artificial, boring, stupid harem, pointless-and-annoying dialogues, as always.
That's actually what i like about it.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Bakemonogatari Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Fabrice - Jul 3, 2009

510 by deem0n »»
Apr 23, 1:30 PM

» Watch Order 2024?

GoCrayzee - Jan 27

26 by gauravb28 »»
Apr 23, 5:48 AM

Poll: » Bakemonogatari Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

loghneckbeard - Jun 25, 2010

518 by wimpis »»
Apr 21, 6:15 AM

» Renai Circulation ost

DexterDrubo - Apr 19

5 by hsayal »»
Apr 21, 1:07 AM

Poll: » Bakemonogatari Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Fabrice - Jul 17, 2009

357 by kagamiiin »»
Apr 19, 7:06 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.