Forum Settings
Forums
New
Oct 7, 2014 10:15 AM
Aug 2014
I couldn't even get the sense that I'm really high up in the air in the carpet flying "a Whole New World" sequence in Disney's Aladdin. The last thing (before GD) that gave me goose bumps from height sickness was seeing Gandalf on a horse climb that tall walled city what's its name, in Return of the King.

The last battle in GD made me feel like I was really there in a really high castle tower with the cast. Plus, the scene of Tehanu and Arren soaring thru the sky in the ending was a marvel of superb artistic direction in itself. I thought it was far better than any in-the-sky scene elder Miyazaki has ever done and certainly better than that CGI sequence of Smaug soaring towards Lake City in The Hobbit: DoS.
Apr 30, 2021 7:54 PM

May 2019
hirobo2 said:
I couldn't even get the sense that I'm really high up in the air in the carpet flying "a Whole New World" sequence in Disney's Aladdin. The last thing (before GD) that gave me goose bumps from height sickness was seeing Gandalf on a horse climb that tall walled city what's its name, in Return of the King.

The last battle in GD made me feel like I was really there in a really high castle tower with the cast. Plus, the scene of Tehanu and Arren soaring thru the sky in the ending was a marvel of superb artistic direction in itself. I thought it was far better than any in-the-sky scene elder Miyazaki has ever done and certainly better than that CGI sequence of Smaug soaring towards Lake City in The Hobbit: DoS.

Hello user from past decade.

The story and plot is a cringe mess, but the Art, Photography and in special, the SET DESIGN was AMAZING.

Not only the castle, that was a perfect realistic model in dimensions, where you can locate every direction by the characters climbing the stairs.

But also the city, the ships in the sand, Tenar's house... man, what a crazy work of detailed sets and archictecture!

This movie is a real gem of direction.

Sadly it was wasted in a shitty history...
Feb 17, 2022 4:21 AM

Jul 2020
damn a thread from 2014 then a reply from 2021 then me from 2022.

hello i wish you guys doing well
May 1, 2022 9:04 PM
Jan 2019
a few months in the futue to say

HI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

that is all
Jul 4, 2022 5:01 PM
Jan 2019
i actually really liked this movie
Mar 23, 7:39 PM

Dec 2022
yeah that whole end sequence is fantastic. to finally see the beauty of all that light contrasting against the austerity of all that stone was amazing, man that whole sequence really smashed it.

More topics from this board

» So was this the long overdue ending to Pirates of Dark Water?

bbobjs - Aug 30, 2010

3 by gannoncannon55 »»
Mar 23, 7:40 PM

Poll: » Gedo Senki Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Zirgo - Nov 24, 2007

86 by gannoncannon55 »»
Mar 23, 7:31 PM

» Petition to remove the "o" to make this "Ged Senki"

XavierSylfaen - Oct 14, 2017

17 by NagoyaR »»
Dec 21, 2018 4:43 PM

Poll: » Most BAD-A** dragon(ess) on silver screen?

hirobo2 - Oct 6, 2014

0 by hirobo2 »»
Oct 6, 2014 8:48 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.