Forum Settings
Forums

Lesser of Two Evils: Studio Pierrot or Toei Animation?

New
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]
Dec 26, 2016 5:39 AM

Jan 2015
I'll say one thing I love about Pierrot despite everything else. They always have fantastic music. I've yet to watch something from them with music I didn't love. Not just liked, but actually gone to youtube to make a playlist from the OST's. That's one thing I can really appreciate when an anime gets right nowadays
Dec 26, 2016 5:49 AM

Sep 2016
toei ruined toriko

pierrot ruined tokyo ghoul

fuck both of them
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
May 6, 2017 3:15 PM
Aug 2016
Both are shit who possess special talent in downgrading if not ruining a manga and making money out of them to the point I really regret picking their titles in the end. Toei in general is more consistent shit animation with few lit frames.
on the other hand, Pierrot varies from average​to utter shit. Toei just doesn't add over extended fillers and some stupid plot like they did in TG. But the voicing and OST used by Pierrot are generally much superior and only one thing I like. I am watching Yu Yu Hakushu and so far it seems like only anime not ruined by Pierrot so far so I will judge after completing it
May 6, 2017 3:34 PM
May 2013
Considering how hard Toei fucked up my childhood favourite One Piece, i'd say Pierrot even though I havent watched many of their shows :D
May 6, 2017 4:52 PM

Nov 2011
I think Pierrot has produced more titles that are relevant to the Western community, but Toei is more important to the industry overall, so Toei is the "lesser".

I don't view either studio as "evils" though.

Also, the people saying that Toei doesn't have good animators don't know what they're talking about. Look up Kazuhiro Ota, Naotoshi Shida, and Yuki Hayashi on sakugabooru if you think that.
TripleSRankMay 6, 2017 5:16 PM
May 6, 2017 6:42 PM

Oct 2016
both that their own good and bad
not all studio are perfect

except for Brain's Base
May 6, 2017 7:27 PM

Apr 2011
I believe that neither animation studio is perfect. They had good and bad titles. Sailor Moon (90's), Pretty Cure, and Digimon 01/02 are my favorites from Toel.
MoonBunny9297May 8, 2017 3:55 PM

Code Lyoko, we'll reset it all
Code Lyoko, be there when you call
Code Lyoko, we will stand real tall
Code Lyoko, stronger after all
May 6, 2017 7:32 PM

Oct 2015
evil?
what are you on about? they've both been responsible for classics over the years. sure, in more recent times, they've become focused on bad anime mostly, but that's not to say they're complete failures now.
i mean, in the past 10 years toei has put out some amazing hidden gems like kyousougiga or kuuchuu buranko.
"I came here to sniff Madoka panties and kick witch ass and I am all out 'doka panties" - Homora Akemi
May 6, 2017 7:35 PM

Apr 2017
Nothing on the list, both are belong to the dumpster.

Milking shows isn't a good idea to ruining it's reputation about the adaptation

"Think about that glowing dust
That destroys the night sky's dream of
Just being nothing"
----
Sep 21, 2017 12:18 PM
Jul 2017
I guess pierot is better because Bleach had solid animation, but Toei has been 100℅ bad for a long time
Sep 21, 2017 12:29 PM
Aug 2011
I hate Toei more because of recent terrible lazy adaptations they have done.

Dragonball Super even if it got better still sucks.
Sailor Moon Crystal seasons 1 & 2 were bad though season 3 was actually good.
One Piece is infinitely worse right now compared to the manga because they got super lazy with a cash cow.
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]

More topics from this board

Poll: » So, is anime male or female?

Tirinchas - Yesterday

36 by FanofAction »»
9 minutes ago

» Anime Misandry ( 1 2 )

ColourWheel - Apr 21

85 by Satyr_icon »»
27 minutes ago

» Do you drop shows?

EverRealm - Today

44 by Kruszer »»
28 minutes ago

» You truly don't care about anime MAL score/rank? Ooh cool, but... ( 1 2 )

Rinrinka - Apr 21

94 by phantomic109 »»
30 minutes ago

» I made a fake anime seasonal chart using AI. Which of these sounds interesting to you? ( 1 2 3 )

FFandMMfan - Apr 13

121 by FFandMMfan »»
37 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.