Forum Settings
Forums

anime tattoos you would consider getting and why

New
Nov 2, 2009 10:49 AM

Oct 2009
wanted to know if anyone has/would consider getting a tattoo from their favorite anime
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Nov 2, 2009 11:37 AM

Dec 2007
I believe we had a topic like this...

Don't do it.
Waratte Oemashou Sore ha Chiisana Inori
Nov 2, 2009 12:10 PM

Oct 2009
I have a cherry blossom tattoo.. I'd never get a tattoo of an actual anime series/character though..
Nov 2, 2009 12:11 PM

Aug 2007
I would tattoo A search button on everyone that creates an already existing topic (i think we already had this discussion no t sure tho)
Nov 2, 2009 1:17 PM

Apr 2009
Party/Alcohol Fag- "I'd never get one, that's just a sign of having no life"

Fuck that shit^

I would probably get like a silouette of Spike from the opening of cowboy bebop, here is the one im talkin' bout.

Nov 2, 2009 1:50 PM

Dec 2007
Static said:
I would tattoo A search button on everyone that creates an already existing topic (i think we already had this discussion no t sure tho)

Where would you tattoo it?
Nov 2, 2009 1:53 PM

Jun 2008
I don't even want a tattoo to begin with, why would I want one that would make me look like a weaboo?
Nov 2, 2009 1:54 PM

Sep 2009
forehead

I dont think getting an anime tattoo is very wise... its something like u tattoo ur girlfriends name somewhere and when u break up with her u have to find a girl with the same name :P .. or get rid of it. Just dont do it lol
Nov 2, 2009 1:59 PM

Jun 2008
ladyxzeus said:
I believe we had a topic like this...

Don't do it.
I just searched up "tattoo" and got nothing.
Nov 2, 2009 2:03 PM

Aug 2009
No, I wouldn't get a anime tattoo. D:

Though I doubt it would be as bad as the Twilight fans who tattoo Edward's face on their arm. >___>
Nov 2, 2009 3:13 PM
Oct 2009
No, I don't want to ruin my skin.
Nov 2, 2009 3:19 PM

Aug 2008
You're likely to grow old and regret it, so seems stupid to me.
But then again I do hate tattoos.
Nov 2, 2009 3:22 PM

Jun 2008
Naruto.

On my ass.
I'm back.
Nov 2, 2009 5:26 PM

Sep 2008
Never, I've seen morons who have done this and it always makes them look stupid and the tattoo is usually shitty as fuck. Nothing says please put your shirt back on like a crappy naruto tattoo on some ones pimply back.
It doesn't think, it doesn't feel, it doesn't laugh or cry..... All it does from dusk till dawn is make the soldiers die.
Nov 2, 2009 5:40 PM

Oct 2009
so many haters.......
Nov 2, 2009 5:49 PM

Jan 2009
I'd tatoo "WEEABOO LOL WTF!!!11" in giant blue print on my forehead permanently. Then I'll be satisfied knowing no one can ever be quite as cool as me. :3
Nov 2, 2009 6:04 PM

Mar 2009
I don't want a tattoo but if I had to choose to get one, then I'd want a Death Note tattoo.
Nov 4, 2009 12:34 PM
Aug 2009
I'd consider getting a semi-permanent tattoo, in Henna, of Starrk's primera insignia on the back of my hand. You know, just to scare the shit out of some Bleachtards.
zyshanaryfMay 17, 2010 7:20 AM
Nov 4, 2009 12:37 PM

Oct 2009
im far to fickle to choose something so permanent.
Nov 4, 2009 12:41 PM

Apr 2008
Dumb idea, nearly as bad as getting kanji tattooed on you.
Nov 4, 2009 12:41 PM

Oct 2009
or twisted wire
Nov 4, 2009 2:46 PM

Oct 2009
Most of the replies are people who wouldnt get tattooed period, thats not what I was curious about.
People get comic related tattoos everyday and that seems to be pretty acceptable. Am I just not seeing the difference here?

Tattoos aren't meant to make a statement, theyre supposed to be an extencion of your personality. There are obviously definite no-no's(tribal, tramp stamps, kanji, etc...), but I think if an anime makes that big of an impact on you, there would be no problem getting a tattoo to commemerate it.

And i'm not talking about getting a whole character put on you, I would go for something subtle like someone's sword or something along those lines.
Nov 4, 2009 2:58 PM

Apr 2009
brettjustice said:
Most of the replies are people who wouldnt get tattooed period, thats not what I was curious about.
People get comic related tattoos everyday and that seems to be pretty acceptable. Am I just not seeing the difference here?

Tattoos aren't meant to make a statement, theyre supposed to be an extencion of your personality. There are obviously definite no-no's(tribal, tramp stamps, kanji, etc...), but I think if an anime makes that big of an impact on you, there would be no problem getting a tattoo to commemerate it.

And i'm not talking about getting a whole character put on you, I would go for something subtle like someone's sword or something along those lines.
Yeah, just like your clothes and hair don't say anything about you. Tattoos are permanent and they make permanent statements. You should never get any tattoo unless it says something about yourself that you want remembered for the rest of your life. And if the most important thing you have to say about yourself is that you like Bleach, then you've got issues.
CDRWNov 4, 2009 3:04 PM
This is a serious post. You're not allowed to delete it.
Nov 4, 2009 3:02 PM

Oct 2009
CDRW said:
brettjustice said:

Yeah, just like your clothes and hair don't say anything about you. Tattoos are permanent and they make permanent statements. You should never get any tattoo unless it says something about yourself that you want remembered for the rest of your life. And if the most important thing you have to say about yourself is that you like Bleach, then you've got issues.

If you get tattoos to show off to people then 1.)Youre an idiot and 2.) People who take their tattoos seriously/personally are going to think youre a joke.

the bottome line is, just like with everything else, if it's what you want then go for it. I mean, who's going to have to look at it everyday.
Nov 4, 2009 3:05 PM

Apr 2009
brettjustice said:
CDRW said:
brettjustice said:

If you get tattoos to show off to people then 1.)Youre an idiot and 2.) People who take their tattoos seriously/personally are going to think youre a joke.

the bottome line is, just like with everything else, if it's what you want then go for it. I mean, who's going to have to look at it everyday.
You totally missed the point. Everything I said holds true even if you never show it to anyone else.
Nov 4, 2009 3:09 PM

Oct 2009
CDRW said:
brettjustice said:
CDRW said:
brettjustice said:

You totally missed the point. Everything I said holds true even if you never show it to anyone else.

I got your point, but this is where we differ:
I get tattoos for myself, what other people think comes second.
Nov 4, 2009 3:12 PM

Apr 2008
It seems to me that anime would be something that you might get tired of a few years down the road, then you'd be stuck there with something imprinted on your body that you no longer care for.
Nov 4, 2009 3:13 PM

Apr 2009
brettjustice said:
CDRW said:
brettjustice said:
CDRW said:
brettjustice said:

I got your point, but this is where we differ:
I get tattoos for myself, what other people think comes second.
My point wasn't about what other people think.
Nov 4, 2009 3:18 PM

Oct 2009
.Yeah, just like your clothes and hair don't say anything about you. Tattoos are permanent and they make permanent statements.

Then what exactly was your point?
Nov 4, 2009 3:19 PM

Apr 2009
This was.

"You should never get any tattoo unless it says something about yourself that you want remembered for the rest of your life. And if the most important thing you have to say about yourself is that you like Bleach, then you've got issues."
Nov 4, 2009 3:23 PM

Oct 2009
CDRW said:
This was.

"You should never get any tattoo unless it says something about yourself that you want remembered for the rest of your life. And if the most important thing you have to say about yourself is that you like Bleach, then you've got issues."

I don't disagree with that, but i would never get an anime tattoo simply because i liked the series. I'd get something with symbolism, but yes i agree getting a pure fanboy tattoo is a dumb idea.
Nov 4, 2009 3:36 PM
Aug 2009
The Bleach reference was aimed at me. I did mention that it'd be in henna, so I wouldn't have to look back in the future and think "Why in the fuck did I choose to get this?! Should've got a pokeball, damn." I happen to think that a number 1 on the back of my hand would be pretty cool [for a while], before the novelty wears off and people get sick of me going "I'm the primera, I'M THE PRIMERA!"
Nov 4, 2009 4:44 PM

Jul 2008
I don't see a problem with getting a tattoo that is related to something you truly love (if a show/series is that important to you). I only have one tattoo (which hurt like a bitch), but it's something I'll never regret because it's important to me.

The one fandom thing I've considered getting tattooed is not anime, but it's a motive from the musical/movie Hedwig and the Angry Inch. It's a moonlike face split in two - mostly because of the symbolic meaning behind it. =)

Dunno if I have the balls tho!
Nov 4, 2009 4:48 PM

Aug 2008
I don't think I'd get a tattoo.. I don't want a normal one either, I dont know why, maybe it's cause it's not my style.

Nov 4, 2009 5:13 PM

Oct 2009
If I were to get an anime related tattoo, it wouldn't be a character or the name of a show. It would be a meaningful quote or symbol. I haven't found one I'd get for myself, but I could see someone who "overdoes it and challenges the impossible" getting the Fairy Tail symbol.

I have several tattoos, none of which are anime related.
Nov 5, 2009 8:58 AM

Jun 2009
yeah, i'm not going to walk around the pool side with a yuki nagato on my back, as much as i like her. the only tattoo i would get is a kanji symbol of some sort, but that goes back to the whole symbolism idea that's already being presented.

anime just isn't meant to be a tattoo.
Nov 5, 2009 9:12 AM

Jul 2009
lol, I have the Fairy Tail guild logo tattood on my forehead....
YEAAAAHHH!!!!

uhhh, noo :P
not really
Nov 5, 2009 9:26 AM

May 2009
I don't think I would ever want an anime/manga tattoo. If I'm ever to get an tattoo, then it's going to be something important - like my children(s)' name or something like that.. but not an anime : /
Nov 5, 2009 9:35 AM

Dec 2007
If tattoos were easily removable I would get "NICE BOAT" done on my knuckles until I got bored of it.

#NBHNC
Nov 5, 2009 9:39 AM
Oct 2009
I actually have plans to get a tattoo on my backl later next year of Ayase from okane ga nai, wrapped up in bandages and angel wings its gonna look gorgeous
Nov 5, 2009 3:50 PM

Apr 2009
Maybe a yawning cat on my left shoulder saying にゃあ.
Nov 5, 2009 5:03 PM

Oct 2009
My friend has an entire Final Fantasy VII tattoo sleeve (She has Cloud, Aeris, Sephiroth, Red XIII And Cait Sith) and she looks incredible. She's got A LOT of tattoos though ^_^
Nov 5, 2009 5:10 PM

Dec 2007
Krimson said:
Maybe a yawning cat on my left shoulder saying にゃあ.

But in katakana
Nov 5, 2009 5:23 PM

Jan 2008
For some strange reason, Ayanami Rei tattoos seem to end up looking pretty decent, I've seen a few.

I do have a couple of ideas but I'll probably wait a few more years if I even decide to get a tattoo and if I still want the same thing then, maybe I'll go ahead with it. Nothing anime related, though.
Nov 5, 2009 5:44 PM

Jul 2006
Whitebeard's jolly roger on my back.

Nov 7, 2009 9:34 AM

Jul 2008
The Gurren Brigade emblem if anything.
I write about manga → morningroo.com
and movies → letterboxd.com/ugla
Nov 7, 2009 10:09 AM

Nov 2009
OMG TOTALLY PIKACHU *O*

.....j/k not really >.>

I wouldn't. As much as I love anime.....no. But I'm not really someone who plans to get a tattoo, period, so... 8'D
Nov 7, 2009 10:16 AM

Apr 2009
PolleyPower said:
Dumb idea, nearly as bad as getting kanji tattooed on you.
Hehe I remember two (American, ofcourse..) characters from Eyeshield 21 with tattoos on their arm saying big shit and little shit
Nov 7, 2009 10:30 AM

May 2009
i did a google imag search on okane ga nai because i neverhard of it and i rue and lament doing it
Nov 7, 2009 2:01 PM

Nov 2007
I don't know if I want a anime tattoo but I want a kanji tattoo.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Women tend to have superior anime preferences compared to men? ( 1 2 )

Alpha_1_Zero - Yesterday

75 by L0bsterman »»
28 seconds ago

» Did you know that anime is amazing?

KryzakamiHrybami - Yesterday

21 by L0bsterman »»
3 minutes ago

» Anime Misandry ( 1 2 3 )

ColourWheel - Apr 21

117 by Kdog1998 »»
5 minutes ago

» Post the Last Anime Items you bought ( 1 2 )

SpeedyAlchemist - Mar 10

69 by MasterTasuke »»
32 minutes ago

» Why are most current goblins green?

Absurdo_N - 7 hours ago

16 by LenRea »»
33 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.