Forum Settings
Forums
Oct 27, 2014 8:30 PM

I will forever hate my next door neighbor in college for ruining tech n9ne for me. He would blast his music pretty much 24/7.

Oct 27, 2014 8:40 PM
FGAU1912 said:
almost all monden mainstrean rappers are piss por in every way

put Lil Wayne beside Krs One
putt Drake beside Big Pun
to Nelly beside Big L
put kanye beside Rakim
put Tyga next to Pac
I'd put Kanye West over most of them, I do love 2Pac though

Oct 27, 2014 8:55 PM
ImaginaryFire said:
I will forever hate my next door neighbor in college for ruining tech n9ne for me. He would blast his music pretty much 24/7.

Damn haha..that's gotta suck.

Starchaser187 said:

I hope one of them isn't Big Pun. He was a track murderer.
Don't take it as someone saying that because he died, but because he really was that damn good. (I hate people who become fans of someone because they died. Shock value plagues certain fan bases, like Pac's.)

Oct 28, 2014 1:13 AM
otaking
Starchaser187 said:
FGAU1912 said:
almost all monden mainstrean rappers are piss por in every way

put Lil Wayne beside Krs One
putt Drake beside Big Pun
to Nelly beside Big L
put kanye beside Rakim
put Tyga next to Pac

no kanye is not as good as rakim as emcee very few people are
and KRS ONE is know as the teacher for a reason
i admit Pac is overrated fantatsic but over rated there were many rappers who wre ebbter then him in that era Common for exmaple [ he still going]]
"If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine"

When the union's inspiration through the workers' blood shall run
There can be no power greater anywhere beneath the sun
Yet what force on earth is weaker than the feeble strength of one
For the Union makes us strong

Oct 28, 2014 6:34 AM

FGAU1912 said:
i admit Pac is overrated fantatsic but over rated there were many rappers who wre ebbter then him in that era Common for exmaple [ he still going]]

As an MC? Probably not. As a musical artist? Kanye blows Rakim and every other rapper out of the water, it's not even close. I never saw rappers as being all about the rhyming and lyrics. It's supposed to be music, after all. Common is also kind of overrated. His last great album was Be. But yeah, I'd definitely take him over Pac.

Oct 28, 2014 7:27 AM

Speaking of female artists, what do you think of Dej Loaf? Kinda new to the game but almost the entire hip hop scene rapped on her "Try me" song. Few weeks ago she released her mixtape on DatPiff.

Oct 28, 2014 7:49 AM
otaking
ImaginaryFire said:
FGAU1912 said:

As an MC? Probably not. As a musical artist? Kanye blows Rakim and every other rapper out of the water, it's not even close. I never saw rappers as being all about the rhyming and lyrics. It's supposed to be music, after all. Common is also kind of overrated. His last great album was Be. But yeah, I'd definitely take him over Pac.

hip hop/rap is abount three thigs
flow
rhyming
storytelling

kanye lacks 2 of tree hes a very good story teller most fo the time but his flow is weeker than no only rakim but most of the ones i mentioned before

i see rap as the eveolution of he old blues genre like led belly and that ilk

hence why i say story telling s important

and i also see alot of rap like common sty;e as the that folk was in the 60's muisc for change

hencw ht i find most monden rap/hip hop bad cause its just bargginhg

i find most monden rap fake for exaple taking back iti women iggy azlaea for exmaple

im sorry but she is worse in some ways than nicki manhj
"If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine"

Oct 28, 2014 8:15 AM

FGAU1912 said:

flow
rhyming
storytelling

kanye lacks 2 of tree hes a very good story teller most fo the time but his flow is weeker than no only rakim but most of the ones i mentioned before

Says who? Hip hop is music. Rhyming, storytelling, and flow are only half the equation. There is also the musical aspect. If lyrics and rhyming were everything that hip hop is about, then it's pretty much poetry. It's not music. Yes, Rakim had the flow, lyricism, and everything when it comes to being an MC. But as a musical artist, he doesn't come close to Kanye. Kanye is the next step in the evolution of hip hop as music. He transcends genre at this point.

And I said this before, but it's ridiculous to complain about modern rap not being as good as rap "back in the day," because there are plenty of shitty rappers from the era you love to put on a pedestal. Every era has good and bad artists. That's how it's always been, and that's how it's always going to be.

Oct 28, 2014 8:31 AM
otaking
ImaginaryFire said:
FGAU1912 said:

flow
rhyming
storytelling

Says who? Hip hop is music. Rhyming, storytelling, and flow are only half the equation. There is also the musical aspect. If lyrics and rhyming were everything that hip hop is about, then it's pretty much poetry. It's not music. Yes, Rakim had the flow, lyricism, and everything when it comes to being an MC. But as a musical artist, he doesn't come close to Kanye. Kanye is the next step in the evolution of hip hop as music. He transcends genre at this point.

And I said this before, but it's ridiculous to complain about modern rap not being as good as rap "back in the day," because there are plenty of shitty rappers from the era you love to put on a pedestal. Every era has good and bad artists. That's how it's always been, and that's how it's always going to be.

Rappers are not singers imo there colser to poets

side note i hold a muisc a preforing arts degree

Lyricism is what set rap part from al other genre you can have good songwithers in other genre like Dylan for example

this explaes it more than i can

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E0wEEL1Sxgg

Oct 28, 2014 8:45 AM
otaking

Oct 28, 2014 8:51 AM

FGAU1912 said:

Your point? I'm a classically trained violinist. I played at Carnegie Hall. But ok, let's agree to disagree. You're entitled to your opinion. I guess we just value different things when it comes to hip hop.

Oct 28, 2014 10:33 AM
otaking
ImaginaryFire said:
FGAU1912 said:

Your point? I'm a classically trained violinist. I played at Carnegie Hall. But ok, let's agree to disagree. You're entitled to your opinion. I guess we just value different things when it comes to hip hop.

really props to you i never thoufrg id talk to antoher music guy on here

Oct 28, 2014 1:19 PM

NBA on TNT commercial with Kendrick.

Oct 28, 2014 1:22 PM

That was nice

Oct 28, 2014 1:22 PM

So glad they didn't use Pitbull.

Oct 28, 2014 1:27 PM

Does anyone else like Officer Rick Ross? He has a new song called Black Bottles with Migos pretty fire

Solid turn up track imo

Oct 28, 2014 1:27 PM

Nobody getting money like Kendrick and Pharrell atm

Oct 28, 2014 1:36 PM

ImaginaryFire said:

That Timber song was annoying af during the playoffs.

Oct 28, 2014 1:37 PM

Shout out to all the PEARS

https://vine.co/v/ObbKrpn5JwL

Oct 28, 2014 1:42 PM
otaking
YASSlN said:
Nobody getting money like Kendrick and Pharrell atm

Pharrell is more a producer an a singer [not a rapper imo it he is or rnb than hip hop as well hes produced hip hop With N E R D but based on his newer iut put he a nb singer not an MC/Rapper or Hip Hop guy

Oct 28, 2014 1:45 PM
otaking
Qans said:
Does anyone else like Officer Rick Ross? He has a new song called Black Bottles with Migos pretty fire

Solid turn up track imo

1/3

see my disscaiom with flame do se what i mean and hoe i rate rappers

Oct 28, 2014 1:45 PM

Pharell is old as a fossil but still lookin young and killin the mainstream crowd, not my kinda music though. I like R&B but i prefer his older tracks. Kendrick is that nigga though, new west coast king

Oct 28, 2014 1:47 PM
otaking
ImaginaryFire said:

Pit bull the embarrassment to latino hip hop Heatige 77

Oct 28, 2014 1:49 PM

Kendrick is the most relevant rapper atm and nearly everything Pharrell is making is a hit.

Oct 28, 2014 1:49 PM

FGAU1912 said:
Qans said:

Solid turn up track imo

1/3

So who do you like from the new school rappers? My favorite are Kendrick, Dizzy Wright (mad underrated imo), j. Cole and rick ross no particular order. Nipsey Hussle is dope as fuck too. Schoolboy and ab soul up there as well

Oct 28, 2014 1:51 PM

Boy-1da said:
Kendrick is the most relevant rapper atm and nearly everything Pharrell is making is a hit.

He is making hits, but more towards the white mainstream than real hip hop fans though, in my opinion

Oct 28, 2014 1:52 PM
otaking
Qans said:
Pharell is old as a fossil but still lookin young and killin the mainstream crowd, not my kinda music though. I like R&B but i prefer his older tracks. Kendrick is that nigga though, new west coast king

west cost is dead as a anpimafull place go bakc to the 80's and 90's minus BDP and there iilk west was king from 88 to 92/3 when biggie came and New York ha been head og hip hop world ever since

im not so famlar mr Lemar my self but i sure its as good saya tyoung ice cube was as song writing

Oct 28, 2014 1:54 PM

FGAU1912 said:
Qans said:

west cost is dead as a anpimafull place go bakc to the 80's and 90's minus BDP and there iilk west was king from 88 to 92/3 when biggie came and New York ha been head og hip hop world ever since

im not so famlar mr Lemar my self but i sure its as good saya tyoung ice cube was as song writing

Dont get me wrong i dig old school more than anyone but you cant deny Kendrick is hot. Go listen to Kendrick Lamars album good kid maad city. Any hip hop fan should enjoy that album

Oct 28, 2014 1:59 PM

Qans said:
Boy-1da said:

He is making hits, but more towards the white mainstream than real hip hop fans though, in my opinion

"I" is an obvious example of Kendrick pandering his music towards Soccer Moms, It's not really a bad thing though(Sometimes).

Oct 28, 2014 1:59 PM

The best song from that album

Oct 28, 2014 2:01 PM
otaking
Qans said:
FGAU1912 said:

1/3

So who do you like from the new school rappers? My favorite are Kendrick, Dizzy Wright (mad underrated imo), j. Cole and rick ross no particular order. Nipsey Hussle is dope as fuck too. Schoolboy and ab soul up there as well

im huge fan of Immortal technique Lupe Fiasco JMT Eminem's first bABY PUN who posted a vd on t=in this topic three albums form infinite to MMLP

but most rappers today lack
one or two of the main things i i think make good rapper

flow
storytelling
and
Lyricism

Rick ross has the flow

but put him next

Oct 28, 2014 2:01 PM

ImaginaryFire said:

Definitely one of the top 5 of the album, I dunno if its my fav though

Oct 28, 2014 2:04 PM

Boy-1da said:
Qans said:

"I" is an obvious example of Kendrick pandering his music towards Soccer Moms, It's not really a bad thing though(Sometimes).

Yeah definitely, its not a bad thing though so that more people can realize that hip hop doesnt consist only of lil wayne and hopefully open up more towards the hip hop genre through songs like this

Oct 28, 2014 2:10 PM
otaking
ImaginaryFire said:

awesome beat
ok flow
ok lyricism
2/3

Oct 28, 2014 2:12 PM

FGAU1912 said:
Qans said:

im huge fan of Immortal technique Lupe Fiasco JMT Eminem's first bABY PUN who posted a vd on t=in this topic three albums form infinite to MMLP

but most rappers today lack
one or two of the main things i i think make good rapper

flow
storytelling
and
Lyricism

Rick ross has the flow

but put him next

I agree that ross is more flow than anything, and immortal technique is dope but hes not someone i can bump 24/7 cause his raps are depressing sometimes lol. Definitely a dope rapper though. And in my opinion Lupe is overrated. Hes a good rapper but i feel like everyone hails over him too much, hes not THAT good. Your right that rappers nowadays need more lyricism, but nowadays lyricism doesnt sell to the mainstream public so you cant really blame the rappers themselves. Wiz Khalifa for example, if you listen to his old shit before he became hot could actually spit, but once he realized that shit didnt sell he changed his image more to fit the mainstream. Cant hate the rappers, just hate the audience

Oct 28, 2014 2:13 PM
otaking
baby pun

Oct 28, 2014 2:15 PM

Qans said:
And in my opinion Lupe is overrated.

Agreed. His first couple albums were great, but he's definitely overrated now.

Oct 28, 2014 2:16 PM

Hes ill ^ i heard of pun but never really bumped him. Definitely gonna do my googles now

Oct 28, 2014 2:17 PM

Qans said:
Boy-1da said:

Yeah definitely, its not a bad thing though so that more people can realize that hip hop doesnt consist only of lil wayne and hopefully open up more towards the hip hop genre through songs like this

Macklemore is another rapper who successfully pandered his music towards the White Mainstream, It was good and bad for Hip Hop and Macklemore, we on one side had people who have become more open minded towards Hip Hop but on the other side we saw a large increase of obnoxious Macklemore stans.

Oct 28, 2014 2:19 PM
otaking
this is and all star line up of famle Emcees and rappers

ImaginaryFire said:
Qans said:

with lupe i admit i basing my vire on on he one song oo know of him Bitch bad

Oct 28, 2014 2:20 PM

Boy-1da said:
Macklemore is another rapper who successfully pandered his music towards the White Mainstream, It was good and bad for Hip Hop and Macklemore, we on one side had people who have become more open minded towards Hip Hop but on the other side we saw a large increase of obnoxious Macklemore stans.

Ugh I hate Macklemore. Can't Hold Us is the only song of his I like. His fans are the worst.

Oct 28, 2014 2:22 PM
otaking
Qans said:
Hes ill ^ i heard of pun but never really bumped him. Definitely gonna do my googles now

hes big pun kid and my God if only other rappers kids were as close to there fathers quitly as he is Lil Eazy for exmaple is trying to be diplomatic here

not as good as is father was

ODB's kid same

Oct 28, 2014 2:24 PM

Boy-1da said:
Qans said:

The only issue i had with macklemore is how he won the awards over kendrick. That is one example how catering to the white demographic is bad for hip hop musically That was such bullshit, macklemore isnt bad but he did not deserve that reward over kendrick in any universe. Even he knows it since he sent that tweet or w.e to kendrick. I prefer white artists like mac miller, logic (if you consider him white, since hes mixed) and the legend eminem of course top 10 of all time. Look at B.O.B., that guy sold out his whole music identity just to make the money. He was a pretty dope rapper when he started. Its sad but nothin you can do

Oct 28, 2014 2:27 PM
otaking
ImaginaryFire said:
Boy-1da said:

Ugh I hate Macklemore. Can't Hold Us is the only song of his I like. His fans are the worst.

i like him cuase dislike brag rap i care not for cars and jewals and women you fuck Rappers plz the like of Bigge and Pun are roling in there grave at hwat hip hop has become for the most part

even in the main strem there is some brightness Lyricism wiise but it a dark time

Oct 28, 2014 2:29 PM

FGAU1912 said:
i like him cuase dislike brag rap i care not for cars and jewals and women you fuck Rappers plz the like of Bigge and Pun are roling in there grave at hwat hip hop has become for the most part

even in the main strem there is some brightness Lyricism wiise but it a dark time

You do realize that bragging is a fundamental part of rapping, right? It's ingrained in its history.

Oct 28, 2014 2:30 PM

ImaginaryFire said:
Qans said:

Yeah exactly. Would never say hes a bad rapper by any means, but i dont consider him one of the greats either

Oct 28, 2014 2:31 PM

Qans said:
The only issue i had with macklemore is how he won the awards over kendrick. That is one example how catering to the white demographic is bad for hip hop musically That was such bullshit, macklemore isnt bad but he did not deserve that reward over kendrick in any universe.

I know most people are going to disagree with me on this, but I thought Yeezus should have cleaned up at the awards, not that awards really mean anything.

Oct 28, 2014 2:33 PM

ImaginaryFire said:
Qans said:
The only issue i had with macklemore is how he won the awards over kendrick. That is one example how catering to the white demographic is bad for hip hop musically That was such bullshit, macklemore isnt bad but he did not deserve that reward over kendrick in any universe.

I know most people are going to disagree with me on this, but I thought Yeezus should have cleaned up at the awards, not that awards really mean anything.

You enjoyed Yeezus realy? I personally thought it was his worst album. Two or 3 songs were alright and the rest were bad in my opinion

Oct 28, 2014 2:34 PM

u guys still salty from that award show?

Oct 28, 2014 2:36 PM
otaking
ImaginaryFire said:
FGAU1912 said:

You do realize that bragging is a fundamental part of rapping, right? It's ingrained in its history.

realy
old

to now

Pages (46) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »