Forum Settings
Forums
Poll: Do You Believe that God Exists?

Feb 19, 2015 10:34 AM
Free Shrugs

Yumes-lil-Faggot said:
SweetCoconut said:

Feb 19, 2015 10:37 AM

Im more agnostic but more on theistic but i cant properly describe my concept of a god or gods

Feb 19, 2015 10:41 AM

Yes I believe in a God, specifically a Christian one but I really don't bother thinking about it since I do not believe our lives are dictated or rewarded by one.
I've been here way too long...

Feb 19, 2015 10:50 AM

Daconator said:
traed said:
Im more agnostic but more on theistic but i cant properly describe my concept of a god or gods

Traed, mate, Traed, that's so unexpected...
More like I keep it a secret in case I want to start a cult in the future. Plus I am tweaking it all the time.

Feb 19, 2015 10:52 AM

I'm currently an atheist.
BAN ME

Feb 19, 2015 10:58 AM

tsuyurii said:
I'm currently an atheist.

You wont be for long.
[i]"Yet each man kills the thing he loves,
By each let this be heard,
Some do it with a bitter look,
Some with a flattering word,
The coward does it with a kiss,
The brave man with a sword!''
~Oscar
[/i]

Feb 19, 2015 11:15 AM

No, because I believe in science and metaphysics.

Feb 19, 2015 11:26 AM

When I was little I used to believe, but now as I'm growing up, I realized that he does not exist, I don't necessarily have proof that he does not exist, but what proof is there to show he does exist

Feb 19, 2015 12:36 PM

BiiteYouToDeath said:
No, because I believe in science and metaphysics.
Wat
My subjective reviews: katsureview.wordpress.com
THE CHAT CLUB.

Feb 19, 2015 12:44 PM

LunaticFringe said:
No, i don't believe god is exist.

I am not religious.

I am along the lines the same as this.

I just don't care and I don't put my opinions on anyone.

Feb 19, 2015 1:40 PM

Well, I believe in myself so yes.
Signature removed. Please check your inbox

Feb 19, 2015 1:51 PM

RedTie47 said:
Yumes-lil-Faggot said:
"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
I conclude that this theme is in fact good!

Feb 19, 2015 1:53 PM

Daconator said:
bolbyinc said:

Neil Degrasse Tyson actually did a speech about this. Apparently 7% of the elite scientists (the smartest people on the earth) pray to a personal God. So don't say it has to do with intelligence

Doesn't that precisely show a high correlation? 93% of them don't.

bolbyinc said:
So don't say it has to do with intelligence, it's just how people think and rationalize.

What? So, basically, how you think and rationalize has nothing to do with intelligence.

I antecip8 this thread is a duplic8 but still came to investig8 the deb8. I read what you advoc8 but I cannot rel8, don't find the conclusions appropri8.
Th8s cannot demonstr8 the beliefs they illustr8, some try to elabor8 but it always transl8s to f8. I don't find it adequ8 to ger8 and intergr8 ideas that do not medi8 from studies that can be simul8d and replic8d. They simply cannot be accur8. It's unfortun8 that some even equ8 this, let alone those who do postul8 so. Still no h8, I toler8 as long as people are willing to communic8.

The 7% is only for people who pray to a personal god, not believe in a god or gods. The number would be much higher if it was "do you believe in a god or gods". Intelligence itself is very hard to measure to any degree. Personally I think they're are many types of intelligence and it takes many different forms. Someone can be very creatively intelligent but lack mathematical intelligence and so on. So while rationalizations do effect intelligence it isn't going to account for the whole.

Feb 19, 2015 6:24 PM

BunnyMe said:
Immahnoob is definitely real =o
So if one god exists... The others can also be true.

seeking to join their circlejerk already. Im disappointed.

If that guy is a god then i must be multi-turbo-megatron god cus hes inferior compared to me and im usually pretty shy and timid guy so go figure the difference between us
lots of music -

Feb 19, 2015 6:25 PM

I believe that God exits.
"If you died, would anyone care? Would they really care? Maybe, they'd cry for a day. But, let's be honest no one would give a shit. They wouldn't. The few people that would feel obligated to go to your funeral would probably be annoyed and leave as early as possible. That's who you are. That's what you are. You are nothing to anyone. To everyone."
-Mr. Robot

"I can take another name, and build a new life.. But on the inside I'll always have that instinct, no matter how much I hate it. I'm yakuza through and through. Guile only gets you so far in this game. Remember that. You won't get another chance."
-Kiryu Kazuma

Feb 19, 2015 6:28 PM
I dont really care if god(s) exist or not.

Feb 19, 2015 6:59 PM

No because I'm mentally sane
Signature removed. Bro, can you please follow the signature rules? How many times do I have to tell you, 300kb MAX. You know we don't have the server space for your giant ass gifs. Site & Forum Guidelines (read them dumbass).

Feb 19, 2015 7:05 PM

TheRealNico said:
I believe that God exits.
Where do they exit? Did he miss his turn?

Feb 19, 2015 7:07 PM

SupaKorin said:
Nope because I'm atheist.

Feb 20, 2015 1:22 AM

kavik_ryx said:
Remv_quevav said:

no, u can use logic to defend faith but 4 now i hab no time to defend it coz i hab many homework lol
the debate is not about defending faith, but proving your god exist. well if your focus is on defending faith then that's a different story.

im glad no mainline protestant will contest their faith here coz its annoying

Feb 20, 2015 1:24 AM

Nope, too much shit going on for some mystical creature to be there who could make it all better in a heartbeat. The devil could exist though who likes to see us suffer for the lulz.

Feb 20, 2015 2:31 AM

no, but i just took a footlong shit, which is the next best thing.
Chikaji said:
i, personally, would gladly be fisted by every single strong female character until my asshole explodes, permanently rendering me into a coma

Feb 20, 2015 2:48 AM

Yes i believe in the Christian God.
(Sidenote) I do not use him as an excuse for my hate or use the phrase " as a Christian" nor do i base my morals on him/it I just know murder is bad thievery is bad and jennifer Lopez is a disease.

Feb 20, 2015 11:09 AM

Of course.

Hinduism and reincarnation, it's the only way baby.
Trance said:
I'm a guy and I can imagine buttfucking another guy. I don't find the thought repulsive, and I can even imagine kissing another man.

Feb 20, 2015 11:12 AM

What is a god?

Feb 20, 2015 11:36 AM

Not at all.

Jun 15, 2016 2:24 AM

Believed in GOD until 3rd maybe 4th grade....after that I didn't give a fuck about anything...if Bolievers wants to Bolieve...simply let them do their mental illness rituals

Jun 15, 2016 7:25 AM

Yeah, I do. Very much so, if you can't tell by my username and profile pic lol
Eminem meets Clannad
Just when you thought Clannad's OST was as sad as it could get ;_;

If you seen School Days, rewatch the ending while listening to A Little of Piece of Heaven by A7X. I guarantee laughs.

Jun 15, 2016 7:26 AM
People still believe in that trash?

Jun 15, 2016 10:17 AM

No. There is no evidence supporting his existence. If God does exist, he's either an asshole or doesn't intervene with the world at all. If God does exist, he's probably deistic.

Jun 15, 2016 10:41 AM

I don't really "believe" in the existence of god.

But I also don't "believe" in the non-existence of god.

With that I'd say I am agnostic.

Frankly I don't care. And I don't care what others think about this question themselves.

Jun 15, 2016 11:23 AM
Yes, but I don't take religion too seriously and respect those who don't believe in him.

Jun 15, 2016 11:48 AM

I very much consider myself to be a believer.

Jun 15, 2016 11:50 AM

Nah man, and I don't see why I should.

Jun 15, 2016 12:53 PM
Yes, I do believe. Without faith I would have probably killed myself.

Jun 15, 2016 1:57 PM

Actually I do not think and talk a lot about this topic. Took me a long time until I knew about atheism and agnosticism. I first thought I would be an agnostic.

But for me there is a difference:
I do not believe there is NO god. (Therefore I am not an atheist.) Agnosticism according to Wiki means the people belive it is unknown or unknowable if there exists a god. Makes a bit more sense.

But then there is also Apatheism. The description fits best for me and I agree:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apatheism

I really do not care. Do not think about this a lot. As long as there is stuff that can be explained with science I do not need a god (wether he exists or not is not important - I mean even if he existesd it would not change anything as long as he does not intervene ... and he does not seem to intervene - we would have noticed that).

Stuff that can't be explained with science yet: We have to do more research.

Only thing is the question: What happens after we die. The "we cease to exist" is a bit fearsome. But as long as I am not old and unhealthy enough I will not think about that. Then there really it would be helpful to believe in some god to remove the fear of just stopping to exist a bit. (If you can believe there will be some afterlife.)

Edit: The "Apathetic agnosticism" definition mentioned on the linked Wiki page is what fits me most.

Jun 15, 2016 2:01 PM

yes he does... and so does aliens and all other mystic beings....

God is all powerful.... I believe he is within all of us

Jun 15, 2016 2:20 PM

Yup. There are certain things that have happened in my life that have occurred at exactly the right time that I can't just brush off as mere coincidence.

Jun 15, 2016 2:20 PM

Yes. I have a lot of reasons 4 believing in God, but the most basic one is that I don't see how life could have come 2 exist without supernatural involvement. Even the simplest life forms r so complex that they couldn't have just come out of some random arrangement of chemicals. Also, there will never ever be any proof that God doesn't exist. Even if u could prove that apes turned into humans, u still have the theory that God directed the evolutionary process.

Jun 15, 2016 7:20 PM

Yes.

Our minds are limited and too feeble to completely understand the Universe.

Also, given that God is the creator of the Universe (according to my worldview), it would make sense that His intellect and abilities transcends human rationality and reasoning abilities.

Jun 15, 2016 7:31 PM

I don't believe God exists. If the Christian God ends up existing I would spit on his face because of how much of an asshole he is. Any other deity maybe I'd respect them more.

Anyways, the notion of God holds us back as a species. WE ARE GODS. We shouldn't look up to God we should look up to Doctors, we should look up to people who put humanity through progress. Not some deity who gets credit for whatever good happens, and then makes us blame ourselves for whenever something bad happens to us.
Signature removed. Bro, can you please follow the signature rules? How many times do I have to tell you, 300kb MAX. You know we don't have the server space for your giant ass gifs. Site & Forum Guidelines (read them dumbass).

Jun 15, 2016 7:57 PM

Harlequin said:
Give me real evidence and I will. But you can't, because it's a belief not a science. Until then I'll just stand on this verge between my nihilistic world view and little hope there might be more to life after all, maybe even a God.

I believe that nihilism is one of the most liberating things in life. The only down side is that nihilism is usually brought upon by depression. But true nihilism, it creates a world without worry. You have no obligations in life, you aren't meant to do anything. Be who you wanna be, do what you wanna do, then die. We don't have a meaning, we just live.

Jun 16, 2016 3:06 AM

It doesn't matter who he is, what matters is his plan. (Paraphrasing Dark Knight Rises if you didn't know)

On a serious note, I personally indifferent about it. Whether be God is real or not. The important thing is living your life with the right choices.

Jun 16, 2016 5:00 AM

I will give some hints of my concept of god now.

> Not a bearded sky daddy
> Has no biological sex
> May not be a concious thinker but may hold a type of knowledge
> Has founded no religions and sent no prophets but does not necisarily mean they can not be divinely inspired in other ways
> May have evolved over time from simpler forms of itself and may or may not have a beginning
> Not an intelligent designer but possibly a creator unintentionally
> Does not send you to heaven or hell
> There may be other gods which were created from the main god source but they function differently and rely on belief to shape and keep their forms. They can function as themselves. These are the gods people would pray to. They technically are in between existence and non existence.

Jun 16, 2016 7:19 AM

I'll take on pascal's wager later in my life probably,why not?

Jun 16, 2016 3:55 PM

I never believed in a personified or a creator god, but I feel like the universe has its own logic, its own architecture, creating itself and just wanting to live through every single atoms.

Jun 17, 2016 2:47 AM

Yes I firmly do due to personal first hand experience (mostly.) I think humans have this innate knowledge within their subconscious of a transcendent being which is why throughout the ages since ancient times people have been seeking out 'God' in their own ways.

ἡ φύσις οὐδὲν ποιεῖ ἅλματα.

συκεροκυ™

Jun 18, 2016 1:27 PM

Nope

I think people just think that god exists because there is a lot of question unanswered about a lot of things and having a god is the best answer to all of these.

Jun 18, 2016 5:55 PM

I don't. And I'll go so far to say that God doesn't exist. A fact doesn't need belief.

Jun 18, 2016 8:58 PM

Although I'm agnostic on this sort of stuff, I don't believe in a god. What makes god have the right to have any control over us? We are supposedly sentient beings and it sucks if we would always be some inferior being for eternity. I don't believe in a power structure outside of a physicalist world. So no god has any control over me.
The afternoon has gently passed me by
The evening spreads its sail against the sky
Waiting for tomorrow
Just another day
God bid yesterday goodbye...

Pages (10) « First ... « 7 8 [9] 10 »