Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Oct 3, 2014 11:45 AM
Mar 2011
To preface this post, im not in any way a femenist, and I actually like the show so far, but the thing that's bugging me is that there are no female pilots, or for that matter any female character that isnt Eyecandy, crying, incompetent ( like loosing in a battle 1 Gundam vs 3 maintenance MS) or the love interest for the maincharacter (except the mc's Mother and the girl with the black hair who did the jump and that walker thing). It starts in the second scene of the first episode, the all male pilot group is getting tested about their knowledge of space flight, while the girls are just there to look good in the background wearing miniskirts. Torino is an oldschool dude and enjoy in many ways how oldschool as well the anime feels like, but this aspect is kind of bothering me.

What are your thoughts on this ?

Mod Edit: Inflammatory title edited to reduce the chance of flames developing.
rodacOct 3, 2014 4:15 PM
Oct 3, 2014 11:59 AM

Apr 2008
No female pilots? The Gundam starts out being piloted by a female. Its obvious from the credits the main female character becomes a main pilot since shes wearing a suit.
You should give it some time. I mean Zeta Gundam's first two episodes start out with men piloting mecha but then the show overflows with women pilots(Emma, Fa, Four, Reccoa, Sarah, Rosamia, Haman, Lila, Mouar).

Torino? Tomino loves to have female pilots. Many of which are strong women. Rag & Marvel are extremely strong standouts.
Oct 3, 2014 12:01 PM

Oct 2007
Justic3 said:
To preface this post, im not in any way a femenist, and I actually like the show so far, but the thing that's bugging me is that there are no female pilots, or for that matter any female character that isnt Eyecandy, crying, incompetent ( like loosing in a battle 1 Gundam vs 3 maintenance MS) or the love interest for the maincharacter (except the mc's Mother and the girl with the black hair who did the jump and that walker thing). It starts in the second scene of the first episode, the all male pilot group is getting tested about their knowledge of space flight, while the girls are just there to look good in the background wearing miniskirts. Torino is an oldschool dude and enjoy in many ways how oldschool as well the anime feels like, but this aspect is kind of bothering me.

What are your thoughts on this ?

I'm pretty sure he said the show is supposed to feature the resiliency of female characters. My assumption is they'll grow into stronger roles as the series goes on but they need a place to start to show how that becomes the case. Character growth etc. I could be wrong of course, but I mean next episode it looks like Aida is taking the G-Self and she seems pretty strong willed in the long run even if she's getting the short end of the stick at the moment. Likewise you have Noreda who people are being blatantly racist towards because of her being part of a culture that is frowned upon yet she just sort of takes it in stride and focuses on what's in front of her and trying to keep Bellri out of trouble.

The guys name is Tomino by the way not Torino like the car.
Oct 3, 2014 12:02 PM

Nov 2012
go away and watch cross ange instead.
and are we watching the same series?? that pink haired girl is a fucking pilot dude... and she is one of main character -_-
IF YOU LIKE DEATH PARADE, GO WATCH BARTENDER!!!
my animesongs chord thread : here bro
Oct 3, 2014 12:03 PM
Jan 2008
I haven't watched this yet, but I'll chime in.

So, something bothers you and you still feel inclined to include that he's a, "sexist fuck". Sure seems like your right on track to the femiretard crowd.

Let me ask you, why exactly does anything relating to females doing anything other than being eye-candy, crying, or being there for supportive reasons, need to happen? And, why does them serving no other purpose but those things you stated, mean he is a sexist?

If this creator has a certain goal and way he wants things to be told, why can't people just allow for others to express their creativity? Why does this equal bull shit card have to be used in everything. Any art form is not subjected to the whims of retarded cry baby feelings on equality and racial and gender equality.

This show isn't aimed at girls according to you, so why care? Do you think I care that Tomb Raider kicks ass and none of the males can compete? Nope. Plenty of other shows you can watch with strong women. Maybe that will fix your bleeding heart syndrome.
Oct 3, 2014 12:08 PM

Apr 2008
I think I remember a few years ago Tomino saying he was reading The Rose of Versailles and he loved it and wanted to make an anime like that with a strong women and some romance. I wonder if that is his plan with with this Gundam.
Oct 3, 2014 12:10 PM

Sep 2011
Tomino isnt sexist, he actually attempted to show alot of equality in the original gundam as well as zeta and victory, the mysoginy looking scene are more a result of tomino being akward as fuck in delivery as well as his fetish for bitch slaps, case and point

he just really likes slaps regardless of the person

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Oct 3, 2014 12:38 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Who's Torino?
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Oct 3, 2014 2:15 PM
Oct 2010
Well the person in the episode 3 preview looks like a female pilot, so we shall see if she's incompetent or not. Also the reason Aida lost was because she was trying to avoid killing any of them.
Oct 3, 2014 2:48 PM

Nov 2012
jkun said:
If the lack of females piloting Gundam bothers you then you must be new to Gundam.

Go watch Victory Gundam and report back to us before you drop any more tears on your keyboard.

reporting sir! victory sucks!
worst uc
IF YOU LIKE DEATH PARADE, GO WATCH BARTENDER!!!
my animesongs chord thread : here bro
Oct 3, 2014 3:22 PM

Feb 2005
Lol, educate yourself OP. Tomino even intended Loran in ∀ to be a girl, but got blocked by Sunrise.
Oct 3, 2014 6:30 PM

Nov 2012
LOL Torino.
Read Ecole Du Ciel, the protagonist a femaleshe pilots the Gundam MK II
Oct 4, 2014 6:42 AM

Feb 2012
The purple haired dude is not called Torino , his name is Dellensen Samatar (transliterate the Katakana)

Just because he slaps women doesn't make him sexist, in fact it means he doesn't believe women are exempt from discipline, especially an enemy pirate which is what Aida Surgan is.

Novels I have read/am reading pending approval: since November 10 2022
Feb 9, 2016 8:41 AM

Sep 2010
ScipioXII said:

So, something bothers you and you still feel inclined to include that he's a, "sexist fuck". Sure seems like your right on track to the femiretard crowd.

Let me ask you, why exactly does anything relating to females doing anything other than being eye-candy, crying, or being there for supportive reasons, need to happen? And, why does them serving no other purpose but those things you stated, mean he is a sexist?

If this creator has a certain goal and way he wants things to be told, why can't people just allow for others to express their creativity? Why does this equal bull shit card have to be used in everything. Any art form is not subjected to the whims of retarded cry baby feelings on equality and racial and gender equality.

This show isn't aimed at girls according to you, so why care? Do you think I care that Tomb Raider kicks ass and none of the males can compete? Nope. Plenty of other shows you can watch with strong women. Maybe that will fix your bleeding heart syndrome.

First of all saying femiretard crowd is highly offensive. your not a retard if you support feminism. It's tue that some people give feminism a bad name, but a lot of people don't even bother to research what it's actually about. In fact your retard if you don't support it. Why? Because feminism is not about woman being better, it's about them being seen as equal human beings. People/woman who hate on man are not feminists. They are just people who don't understand what it's about any more then the haters do. I am a feminist and all I want to see is woman having the same rights and freedoms as man. In return however I also think man should get more rights as well. for example a man should not be shamed by his friends because he cries fast, or a man should be free to be a stay at home dad if that makes him happy withoud the world being a jerk about it. Gender stereo types need to dissapear so that HUMANS have the right to be themselves withoud anyone saying: You can't! Because wrong gender! I call bullshit. Now when it comes to anime/tv/books. We can't really complain much about the portrayel of woman in the past as times where different then and woman where still finding their voice. This day and age however we should have plenty of anime/tv shows/books etc. that do not only use stereo types. Even today, woman usualy are either sexy/hot/eye candy or weak/helpless or the super gentle mother type or the super tomboy. Gundam is no different. perhaps back then Gundam was for boys, but right now there are plenty of female watchers in gundam as well, myself included. And I would love to have 1 proper female rollmodel in there somewhere. A woman not forced into any of these tropes. A woman who wears normal clothes withoud any focus on her curves. A woman who is neither super shy nor slutty. A woman who can be tough/cool withoud being cold/killer machine/psycho. Almost every single woman in gundam, old and new, is mother material/girlfriend material/ psycho/ruthless/useless. Femism is not about woman refusing to be mothers either. It's about the freedom to chose. Some woman love being mother, more then anything. Some woman prefer to be housewives. good for them, there is NOTHING wrong with that. It's not the type of task/life you live, what matters is that it's what makes you happy. And gundam has had no normal woman in it, or very few anyhow. As a feminist I DO NOT need a kick ass woman in every single anime or story. Nor do I need a kick ass male in every story. Some stories are more fun for having a team of kick ass people of the same gender. Thats fine. However if anime/tv show/movie/book etc. decides to include both genders, it should be done right. Do not downgrade one gender and upgrade the other. Even Zeta, who many people claim had many strong girls, was in fact one of the most sexist gundam shows out there as every single woman got bad treatment. they where either weak minded/crazy/mother type and frankly the ONLY female character who escaped this was Emma, who was in fact great if it was not for teh fact she got shoved out of the main plot for a huge chunk of time and they still made her make more stupid mistakes then the male characters. I don't need a female character to be the strongest gundam pilot ever. But I do need a female pilot of any kind of mobile suit who keeps it together, is very very usefull and strong and doesn't need saving from the guys all the time, who can hold her own very well, withoud being shoved into the romantic subplot/killed off for drama's sake. Emma sheen had potential.

Also your comment on how gundam isn't aimed at girls, and therefore it's ok to treat female characters badly is bullshit. Just because it isn't aimed at woman doesn't mean young boys should be tought all girls are weak minded/weak skilled/or very skilled in house chores and nurtering or only interesting as mother figures or girlfriends instead of just a soldier buddie/partner/friend/comrade. (Or as sexual object as in some shows guys get proper uniforms while girls get mini skirts. Wtf? Why can't both genders get normal uniforms? Simple things like that.) If you show young boys only these stereo type woman roles, they will grow up thinking thats how woman are. Especialy shows targeted towards boys, should have a few normal female characters in it. They do not need to outshide the male main character. they do not need to be stronger or anything. And it doesn't need to be devoid of mother types either or crazy psycho's or woman who use their body to seduce idiots. It's fine if these woman types are used, but for the love of anything you care about, give us some normal woman in return who are not defined by their gender. On the other hand I would love me some more sensitive ''motherly'' male characters as well. As I know a bunch in real life, and they feel very alienated on tv. It's wrong to call these type of male characters gay, for one thing because gay should not be used as an insult, and 2 because being sensitive says nothing about your sexuality. (Just like how tough tomboy girls are not lesbian by default people.)

Sorry for the huge rant :P It's just annoying how we can never meet in the middle road of things. The stereo type woman can stay on screen, just like the stereo type man can stay. But give us a little more diversity please. Especialy in modern anime. Especialy because these days, you can target anime to who you want, but odds are both genders will end up watching it. More and more girls watch gundam withoud needing a female main character. All we want, is 1 not stereo type CAPABLE not obsessed with any male character female per show. I don't think thats to much to ask. (That being said, we could also do with more older woman. All these teenagers to young adults is crazy. In GUndam you either have very young woman/teens/kids or elderly to the point of grandma. Where is age 30-60? There are plenty of male characters all trough Gundam in minor roles with these ages. It would be great to have more females of that age in minor roles as well.) As somebody who wants equality, I am fine with female characters dying as much as male characters, I am fine with a female character being punched as much as a male character. I have ishues with people who can't really defend themselves being punched (little kids, sick people, very elderly people, injured people, or females AND males who are very timed or never learned how to fight. I do not have double standarts. give females better and more usefull things to do, and I am also fine with seeing more violence towards women in fiction. As long as it's equal violence towards males, and not only on rape basis. Truly end rant. I bow in respect if you actually read it all!
Feb 16, 2016 1:07 PM
Jan 2008
Eranime90 said:
ScipioXII said:

First of all saying femiretard crowd is highly offensive. your not a retard if you support feminism. It's tue that some people give feminism a bad name, but a lot of people don't even bother to research what it's actually about. In fact your retard if you don't support it. Why? Because feminism is not about woman being better, it's about them being seen as equal human beings. People/woman who hate on man are not feminists. They are just people who don't understand what it's about any more then the haters do. I am a feminist and all I want to see is woman having the same rights and freedoms as man. In return however I also think man should get more rights as well. for example a man should not be shamed by his friends because he cries fast, or a man should be free to be a stay at home dad if that makes him happy withoud the world being a jerk about it. Gender stereo types need to dissapear so that HUMANS have the right to be themselves withoud anyone saying: You can't! Because wrong gender! I call bullshit. Now when it comes to anime/tv/books. We can't really complain much about the portrayel of woman in the past as times where different then and woman where still finding their voice. This day and age however we should have plenty of anime/tv shows/books etc. that do not only use stereo types. Even today, woman usualy are either sexy/hot/eye candy or weak/helpless or the super gentle mother type or the super tomboy. Gundam is no different. perhaps back then Gundam was for boys, but right now there are plenty of female watchers in gundam as well, myself included. And I would love to have 1 proper female rollmodel in there somewhere. A woman not forced into any of these tropes. A woman who wears normal clothes withoud any focus on her curves. A woman who is neither super shy nor slutty. A woman who can be tough/cool withoud being cold/killer machine/psycho. Almost every single woman in gundam, old and new, is mother material/girlfriend material/ psycho/ruthless/useless. Femism is not about woman refusing to be mothers either. It's about the freedom to chose. Some woman love being mother, more then anything. Some woman prefer to be housewives. good for them, there is NOTHING wrong with that. It's not the type of task/life you live, what matters is that it's what makes you happy. And gundam has had no normal woman in it, or very few anyhow. As a feminist I DO NOT need a kick ass woman in every single anime or story. Nor do I need a kick ass male in every story. Some stories are more fun for having a team of kick ass people of the same gender. Thats fine. However if anime/tv show/movie/book etc. decides to include both genders, it should be done right. Do not downgrade one gender and upgrade the other. Even Zeta, who many people claim had many strong girls, was in fact one of the most sexist gundam shows out there as every single woman got bad treatment. they where either weak minded/crazy/mother type and frankly the ONLY female character who escaped this was Emma, who was in fact great if it was not for teh fact she got shoved out of the main plot for a huge chunk of time and they still made her make more stupid mistakes then the male characters. I don't need a female character to be the strongest gundam pilot ever. But I do need a female pilot of any kind of mobile suit who keeps it together, is very very usefull and strong and doesn't need saving from the guys all the time, who can hold her own very well, withoud being shoved into the romantic subplot/killed off for drama's sake. Emma sheen had potential.

Also your comment on how gundam isn't aimed at girls, and therefore it's ok to treat female characters badly is bullshit. Just because it isn't aimed at woman doesn't mean young boys should be tought all girls are weak minded/weak skilled/or very skilled in house chores and nurtering or only interesting as mother figures or girlfriends instead of just a soldier buddie/partner/friend/comrade. (Or as sexual object as in some shows guys get proper uniforms while girls get mini skirts. Wtf? Why can't both genders get normal uniforms? Simple things like that.) If you show young boys only these stereo type woman roles, they will grow up thinking thats how woman are. Especialy shows targeted towards boys, should have a few normal female characters in it. They do not need to outshide the male main character. they do not need to be stronger or anything. And it doesn't need to be devoid of mother types either or crazy psycho's or woman who use their body to seduce idiots. It's fine if these woman types are used, but for the love of anything you care about, give us some normal woman in return who are not defined by their gender. On the other hand I would love me some more sensitive ''motherly'' male characters as well. As I know a bunch in real life, and they feel very alienated on tv. It's wrong to call these type of male characters gay, for one thing because gay should not be used as an insult, and 2 because being sensitive says nothing about your sexuality. (Just like how tough tomboy girls are not lesbian by default people.)

Sorry for the huge rant :P It's just annoying how we can never meet in the middle road of things. The stereo type woman can stay on screen, just like the stereo type man can stay. But give us a little more diversity please. Especialy in modern anime. Especialy because these days, you can target anime to who you want, but odds are both genders will end up watching it. More and more girls watch gundam withoud needing a female main character. All we want, is 1 not stereo type CAPABLE not obsessed with any male character female per show. I don't think thats to much to ask. (That being said, we could also do with more older woman. All these teenagers to young adults is crazy. In GUndam you either have very young woman/teens/kids or elderly to the point of grandma. Where is age 30-60? There are plenty of male characters all trough Gundam in minor roles with these ages. It would be great to have more females of that age in minor roles as well.) As somebody who wants equality, I am fine with female characters dying as much as male characters, I am fine with a female character being punched as much as a male character. I have ishues with people who can't really defend themselves being punched (little kids, sick people, very elderly people, injured people, or females AND males who are very timed or never learned how to fight. I do not have double standarts. give females better and more usefull things to do, and I am also fine with seeing more violence towards women in fiction. As long as it's equal violence towards males, and not only on rape basis. Truly end rant. I bow in respect if you actually read it all!

I never said a feminist, I said femiretard. Femiretards (like you) believe you can incorporate your views into art. This is art, it's not subjected to your moral views. Women can be treated how ever the fuck they want in this show. Same applies to any other show that wants to do it to a guy (which there are many).

Real feminists don't exist anymore, they died in the 80's. Which is why most women from that era will tell you this new wave is "bull shit". If you want equality, it's called...equality. People are people based on being individuals, not because of race or sex.

No piece of FUCKING ART has to conform to your idealistic ideas. And to call something a derogatory word because you don't like how they display your fantasy is retarded. Art is, and NEVER will be subjected to the fascism that dwells in modern feminism. NOBODY has to diversify anything for you. Make your own f-ing show. We don't compromise, there is no middle road. Art will NEVER, hear that loud and clear, NEVER will be subjected to your whims or your feminist groups whims.
Jun 27, 2019 4:16 PM
Apr 2016
ScipioXII said:
Eranime90 said:

I never said a feminist, I said femiretard. Femiretards (like you) believe you can incorporate your views into art. This is art, it's not subjected to your moral views. Women can be treated how ever the fuck they want in this show. Same applies to any other show that wants to do it to a guy (which there are many).

Real feminists don't exist anymore, they died in the 80's. Which is why most women from that era will tell you this new wave is "bull shit". If you want equality, it's called...equality. People are people based on being individuals, not because of race or sex.

No piece of FUCKING ART has to conform to your idealistic ideas. And to call something a derogatory word because you don't like how they display your fantasy is retarded. Art is, and NEVER will be subjected to the fascism that dwells in modern feminism. NOBODY has to diversify anything for you. Make your own f-ing show. We don't compromise, there is no middle road. Art will NEVER, hear that loud and clear, NEVER will be subjected to your whims or your feminist groups whims.

Now I have been trying to understand what so bad about this Gundam and stepped into your giant pile of atrocious waste I don't know what to call it. ART is about IDEAS. If people implement feminism in ART then the ART works with the idea of feminism. OR the idea of decent women. These two are different. The more you use the word "retarded" the more you sound like you have a mental issue yourself (heads up retarded is an illness). What if ART is subjected to male dominance... who am I even conversing to, everyone just look at how terrible you can get if you do not educate yourself and do not respect the world around you.
Re:formed

More topics from this board

Poll: » Gundam: G no Reconguista Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 2, 2014

153 by KiroTheAssassin »»
Jan 20, 6:28 PM

Poll: » Gundam: G no Reconguista Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 26, 2015

91 by Neemesis_2 »»
Dec 6, 2023 2:49 AM

Poll: » Gundam: G no Reconguista Episode 25 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 19, 2015

29 by Neemesis_2 »»
Dec 6, 2023 2:17 AM

Poll: » Gundam: G no Reconguista Episode 24 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 12, 2015

26 by Neemesis_2 »»
Dec 6, 2023 1:45 AM

Poll: » Gundam: G no Reconguista Episode 23 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 5, 2015

22 by Neemesis_2 »»
Dec 5, 2023 2:59 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.