Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Oct 2, 2014 11:14 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
FINALLY, it's here. Well for starters, I think the OP song is decent.

I think Bellri is an interesting character so far with his curiosity. I like some of the mecha designs though and how he takes risks in that fight. Action scenes are alright so far and I like the setting. I hope they get some characterization on these guys and girls soon. Should be fun to see where this goes.

GRAVITY HAIR
Oct 2, 2014 11:16 AM

Jan 2011
Wow I forgot it was a two episode premiere, nice.
VioLinkOct 2, 2014 11:42 AM
[center]
Oct 2, 2014 2:35 PM

Apr 2013
ok it is not just me right?
the series feels so damn 80s holy shit.

not sure what to think yet it was enjoyable but weird
xSanoxOct 2, 2014 2:39 PM
Oct 2, 2014 3:21 PM

Nov 2011
Oct 2, 2014 3:40 PM

Jan 2011
Stark700 said:
The ED song:

Thanks!
[center]
Oct 2, 2014 3:44 PM
Oct 2010
I really like Aida's design.. anyone else?

xSanox said:

and yeah definitely, I was telling Ckan about this when I watched the earlier preview. It definitely feels like an 80s show with modern animation.
GD1551Oct 2, 2014 3:49 PM
Oct 2, 2014 3:45 PM

Sep 2011
Stop asking where to watch it.
TyrelOct 2, 2014 3:50 PM
Oct 2, 2014 4:22 PM

Nov 2012
Having not seen any of the prior Gundams,let's see how this goes.

Disliked this episode tbh,don't really like the artstyle,don't like Bellri (he seems really annoying) and overall felt goofy and underwhelming,but I'll give this a few episodes to see if it gets better.
VanishingKiraOct 2, 2014 6:58 PM
Oct 2, 2014 4:44 PM

Aug 2013
i dont know but this start feels kinda awkward its kinda rushed and the scenes are switching so weird
Oct 2, 2014 4:48 PM

Jul 2013
Aside from the absurd amount use of the word "nut" it was pretty good for a first episode. Nothing special, but good enough.
Oct 2, 2014 4:58 PM

Feb 2005
Seems kind of goofy. Which might be a good thing.

The suits, even the Gundam , seem so damn low tech considering this is thousands of years after UC though.

Anyone spot all the suits in the preview for the next ep though? I recognise the Zaku2, Galbaldy, Dawdage, Gogg, Guncannon, Jegan, Capoule and Rick Dias, but I'm not sure which one's between the Galbaldy and the Dawdage. Maybe one of the GM things from Victory?
Oct 2, 2014 5:21 PM

Mar 2008
This might be the one.

I'm sure the suit designs won't sit well with everyone, but they're adorable.

This really had everything I love about Tomino's fast-paced starts and settings. Seems who'll be the Char clone is a dead giveaway.
Oct 2, 2014 5:29 PM

Sep 2011
Very mixed feelings. I'm not liking the art that's really here and the scene changes are really getting on my nerve - they feel so out of place. Give it a few more episodes to see if it picks up.
Oct 2, 2014 5:49 PM

Jan 2011
damn got interested in this since it seems like it would be a actual Gundam series this time and i really like Kenichi Yoshida designs but everything else seems weird like the animation and art direction/ awkward angles made it feel really old school than again i guess that's what they were going for.
Oct 2, 2014 6:00 PM
Oct 2010
Oh I also forgot it seems like Tomino has a fetish for slapping people lol. The two things I didn't like were the scene changes like Tyrel mentioned and the dude over explaining things during the fight.
Oct 2, 2014 6:11 PM

Jan 2009
the art style and execution feels like an old school anime lol im gonna keep watching this one, it seems promising
Oct 2, 2014 6:27 PM

Aug 2007
Not sure what to think of this just yet. The OP wasn't bad but I'll give it a couple of more eps since its bound to have something more happen next ep.

Sent with Mal Updater
Oct 2, 2014 6:37 PM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
For some reason, I found those cheerleader girls to be annoying. Why are they tagging along with a bunch of Space Travelers anyways? O.o
Probably looking for future husbands? :p

Bellri seems to have this special ability to be able to operate any type of Mobile Suits. Pretty cool, and he probably has a preset character development to be able to win his first battle efficiently.
Hopefully, we'll see more of his stories in details.

Aida is beautiful! How dare that captain slap her? >.< I hope she gets back at him later.
Raraiya seems to be from the same area she is. Too bad, she got amnesic..

Decent episode to start the show. OP song was badass and ED song was pretty good as well! This might just be one of the best mecha show of this season.

Oct 2, 2014 6:46 PM

Jul 2010
Sigh...I understand that they were going for that old school feel, but I'm definitely not a fan. Funnily enough, I thought I would hate the artstyle, but what actually really put me off were those shitty sound effects.
Oct 2, 2014 6:56 PM
Jul 2018
It was a good episode.

Bellri can able to operate any type of Mobile Suits.

Raraiya got amnesia, that's too bad.
Oct 2, 2014 6:59 PM
Jun 2013
The way the art style and sound effects worked together definitely made it have the old school vibe to it...
I was hoping to watch another Gundam series but I guess Gundam 00 is still my last one
Oct 2, 2014 6:59 PM

Jan 2009
1. terrible voice for the male mc, bellri. can't stand pubescent male voices

2. not a fan of this "old style" animation. it's just so ancient compared to the other 2014 anime

3. what a cliche start. it's like i've seen it already. more stories should be told from the antagonist point of view rather than the usual protagonist (i.e. Death Note).

4. well, guess i'll wait for the english dub. this gundam series is hard to watch w/ the above mentioned.

dropped
俺の命を百合に。
Currently translating Sono Hanabira ni Kuchizuke o - Atelier no Koibito-tachi -- when bored.
Above visual novel is 22.22% translated with progress uploaded to youtube; if you're into yuri VNs, check out my channel.
Oct 2, 2014 7:01 PM

Mar 2013
Has a very similar to feel to overman king gainer one of tomino's other works
Oct 2, 2014 7:15 PM

Nov 2008
raiken6 said:
Has a very similar to feel to overman king gainer one of tomino's other works

It feels like a cross between King Gainer and Turn A Gundam...
Oct 2, 2014 7:18 PM

Sep 2013
Well atleast it's super pretty XD
Oct 2, 2014 7:24 PM

Sep 2008
billybob300c said:

2. not a fan of this "old style" animation. it's just so ancient compared to the other 2014 anime

3. what a cliche start. it's like i've seen it already. more stories should be told from the antagonist point of view rather than the usual protagonist (i.e. Death Note).

4. well, guess i'll wait for the english dub. this gundam series is hard to watch w/ the above mentioned.

dropped

Light is actually the protagonist. Just because he's (arguably) a villain doesn't mean he's the antagonist.

pro·tag·o·nist
prōˈtaɡənəst,prəˈtaɡənəst/
noun
noun: protagonist; plural noun: protagonists

the leading character or one of the major characters in a drama, movie, novel, or other fictional text.

---

But on topic, it's okay. Really fast paced but too silly for my preferences. It's kinda weird for a Gundam show so it's interesting, atleast fun to watch though.
MatasOct 2, 2014 7:27 PM
Oct 2, 2014 7:33 PM

Jul 2014
billybob300c said:

dropped

I would be very surprised if this got an English dub.
Oct 2, 2014 7:35 PM

May 2013
Welp, even though I haven't watched other Gundam franchise out there, this one is good although the animation feels like its an 80-90's show.
The world shall know the truth soon.
Oct 2, 2014 7:41 PM

Jun 2013
Winter_Fox_Tami said:
billybob300c said:

dropped

It will get dubbed. SEED got dubbed, destiny got dubbed, 00 got dubbed, age got dubbed, unicorn got dubbed, bf will be dubbed.

There are only a few main Gundam series that did not get dubbed, and they are quite old (ZZ) or obscure (IGLOO).
Oct 2, 2014 7:43 PM

May 2010
I am seriously geeking out over this so hard.

It really does almost seem like 80's animation, which isn't a bad thing, it's a change in style. They didn't downgrade the animation or anything, just changed the style.
The characters look like they belong in Eureka 7, which also doesn't bother me.

Besides that it was amazing. It didn't feel slow at all, though I don't feel any particular attachment to any characters except for maybe Ms. Monday. The whole thing felt almost as fluid as a Ghibli film which has got me off the walls excited about it. Hopefully the rest of the series brings this on as well.

If the rest of this show is representative of the first episode, this'll likely take over the spot of my favorite Gundam series, which currently is Gundam 00.
Oct 2, 2014 7:45 PM

Jun 2013
Thrashinuva said:
I am seriously geeking out over this so hard.

It really does almost seem like 80's animation, which isn't a bad thing, it's a change in style. They didn't downgrade the animation or anything, just changed the style.
The characters look like they belong in Eureka 7, which also doesn't bother me.

Besides that it was amazing. It didn't feel slow at all, though I don't feel any particular attachment to any characters except for maybe Ms. Monday. The whole thing felt almost as fluid as a Ghibli film which has got me off the walls excited about it. Hopefully the rest of the series brings this on as well.

If the rest of this show is representative of the first episode, this'll likely take over the spot of my favorite Gundam series, which currently is Gundam 00.

Yep. It's something new and refreshing, that's for sure. Ironically it's new and refreshing because it feels old. Total Turn-A and Zeta vibes.
Oct 2, 2014 8:06 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
Wow really like the overall old school feel to this! :D Not just the style but the music had that sort of nostalgic vibe. I like what Sunrise did with the character designs, it has a sketchy feeling to it unlike Eureka 7, which is cleaner (probably just my own perception though). At first I didn't like the character designs too much either since it reminds me of Eureka 7 which I didn't really enjoy too much, I ended up liking it about half-way through the episode. The OP is okay, but I like the ED, it's kind of cute. As someone indifferent to the mecha genre, I really like the mech designs.

And Takagaki Ayahi! I love her voice~ Anyways, this first episode has me hooked. Hopefully it stays that way.

ex_necross said:

Yep. It's something new and refreshing, that's for sure. Ironically it's new and refreshing because it feels old.

Totally agree!
Oct 2, 2014 8:07 PM

Dec 2009
Not surprised with the ridiculous and goofy stuff
this is Tomino's show after all.
it was interesting and really fun.

although this episode felt like a "Physics class". but the idea of a Mobile Suit School student protagonist is now something new to the franchise and really good.

but then again, why people call it 80's ? i watched countless number of 80's anime and i don't see anything so 80's here.
Oct 2, 2014 8:08 PM

Jan 2008
I'm really liking this so far. Animation and art style reminds me a lot of Eureka 7. Same character designer?

Looks like they've gone back to traditional hand-drawn frames rather than the more common CG and 3D mech models. The art, sounds effects, music, direction...the whole vibe I got when watching it felt like I was watching a Gundam show from the 90's again, like Wing or Turn A Gundam. Oh, how I've missed this kind of feel. Tastes like a delicious, well aged cheese. They must have gone in this direction on purpose, and I'm loving everything...except for the Harobe. WTF happened to the classic Haro?
Estoy_GordoOct 2, 2014 9:16 PM
Oct 2, 2014 8:30 PM

May 2010
really like the character designs but damn do the suits look silly!

They are simply too colorful for my taste.

will watch ep 2 now.
Oct 2, 2014 8:36 PM

Jan 2010
Bright Slap, nuff said.
Oct 2, 2014 8:41 PM

Sep 2010
Like the art and character designs, but not a big fan of the mech designs just yet.

Aida is hot yooo
"What has two arms, two legs, and is alive? Not your favorite character lol! xD"
Oct 2, 2014 9:01 PM
May 2013
Eh it was okay.

billybob300c said:

Thats a pretty shallow reason.

billybob300c said:

Really...?
Oct 2, 2014 9:09 PM

Oct 2007
I can just see the struggle a lot of people are going to have with this one being old school in terms of direction and arguably in style and not super serious to start. Turn A was like this too but shit started hitting the fan pretty quickly in that one after the first couple episodes.
Oct 2, 2014 9:17 PM
May 2012
wtf
Ezsence
Oct 2, 2014 9:17 PM

Apr 2012
The first episode was interesting. I am not sure about the direction it takes but I like it ^^
Oct 2, 2014 9:24 PM

Sep 2011
ex_necross said:
Winter_Fox_Tami said:

It will get dubbed. SEED got dubbed, destiny got dubbed, 00 got dubbed, age got dubbed, unicorn got dubbed, bf will be dubbed.

There are only a few main Gundam series that did not get dubbed, and they are quite old (ZZ) or obscure (IGLOO).
even fucking ZZ got dubbed actually, it was really bad

I think victory, after war X, and turn A are the only non dubbed ones(other than igloo).
JizzyHitlerOct 2, 2014 9:27 PM

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Oct 2, 2014 9:54 PM

Jun 2013
JizzyHitler said:
ex_necross said:

I think victory, after war X, and turn A are the only non dubbed ones(other than igloo).

I'd have preferred to not know about this..
Oct 2, 2014 10:10 PM

Sep 2011
ex_necross said:
JizzyHitler said:

I'd have preferred to not know about this..
I'm so sorry for informing you of this, if it makes you feel any better it aired once on animax never to be seen again so only a few clips exsist of it

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Oct 2, 2014 10:17 PM

Jan 2014
Great OP (sasuga GARNiDELIA). Decent ep 1. hopefully turns into a great anime since the hype "it's made by the one who criticise other gundam series"
Don't attribute maliciousness when stupidity is enough to explain what happens
Oct 2, 2014 10:39 PM
Apr 2013
Its so oldschool. Its beautiful! *weeps*
Oct 2, 2014 11:16 PM

Dec 2013
It feels like Eureka Seven a bit, but I am wondering if the word "Newtype" will be heard.. or seen.
Signature removed.
Oct 2, 2014 11:19 PM

Feb 2008
I really liked the old school animation they choose for this show.
Oct 2, 2014 11:20 PM

Feb 2011
xSanox said:

You're not the only one who felt it :P that oldschool feeling. It's like watching a HD version of 80s anime. Mostly the visuals reminds me of Zeta and ZZ
Oct 2, 2014 11:33 PM
Oct 2010
I can't say I like this show much right now. The art was weird, the main character was too goofy, all the girl characters annoyed me to no end, and the plot so far isn't very interesting.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Gundam: G no Reconguista Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 26, 2015

91 by Neemesis_2 »»
Dec 6, 2023 2:49 AM

Poll: » Gundam: G no Reconguista Episode 25 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 19, 2015

29 by Neemesis_2 »»
Dec 6, 2023 2:17 AM

Poll: » Gundam: G no Reconguista Episode 24 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 12, 2015

26 by Neemesis_2 »»
Dec 6, 2023 1:45 AM

Poll: » Gundam: G no Reconguista Episode 23 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 5, 2015

22 by Neemesis_2 »»
Dec 5, 2023 2:59 AM

Poll: » Gundam: G no Reconguista Episode 22 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 26, 2015

19 by Neemesis_2 »»
Dec 5, 2023 2:24 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.