Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Oct 4, 2014 5:49 AM

Skenn said:

CookingPriest, I didn't say it was okay to remove it tho, but they'll remove it, just like they removed hardcore stuff about Shinji Matou.

That was not removing it. That was optional censorship and as showcased by Fate/Zero the canon is non-censored version.

Oct 4, 2014 5:55 AM

CookingPriest said:
Skenn said:
(I mean seriously, stuff like "If you don't listen to me, I'll rape you right there." wont stay).

I hope it does.

Shiki's psychopathic tendencies and fucked up-ness IS trademark of his character. Shiki's thoughts and inner monologue is written as of that of a serial killer. Murder to him has very clear sexual undertones(just as it does for most of serial killers in real life). You are not supposed to want to be him. You as reader are supposed to feel threatened by his existence, as well as at the times being disgusted at him. I really hope they do not whitewash of just how fucked up he is as a person.

Changing that would be same as making Shirou not be
CookingPriest said:
Skenn said:
(I mean seriously, stuff like "If you don't listen to me, I'll rape you right there." wont stay).

I hope it does.

Shiki's psychopathic tendencies and fucked up-ness IS trademark of his character. Shiki's thoughts and inner monologue is written as of that of a serial killer. Murder to him has very clear sexual undertones(just as it does for most of serial killers in real life). You are not supposed to want to be him. You as reader are supposed to feel threatened by his existence, as well as at the times being disgusted at him. I really hope they do not whitewash of just how fucked up he is as a person.

Changing that would be same as making Shirou not be

Normally I don't agree with your opinions, but here, I absolutely do.

Oct 4, 2014 3:32 PM

CookingPriest said:
That was not removing it. That was optional censorship and as showcased by Fate/Zero the canon is non-censored version.

How is it optional ? If you buy RN and just play it without patches or anything, you will get censored Shinji scenes. You need to play the older version, or use fanmade patchs to make it "optional". That's why I definitely think they'll remove those kind of stuff in the Tsukihime remake. Let's be realistic guys.

Oct 4, 2014 4:01 PM
CorePriest said:
Low changes. Interviews revealed that ufotable wanted to do Fate first, but then changed their minds. Take the free Fate route for your smartphone as a consolation prize.

So they did considered doing the Fate route, makes sense since it is the main route. However, they made a good choice, the Fate route has already been adapted, do another route. I can understand that they would want to redo the main route especially if they felt the first adaptation was inadequate but I think most of the fans would prefer more completely fresh contents, even among those who like the Fate route best. Personally, I want them to do Heaven's Feel next and then come back to a Fate remake.

Rinth said:
While Saber is extremely popular both in Japan and in the West, the Fate route itself is arguably weaker than UBW and HF in terms of plot.

That is YOUR opinion so it has virtually no weight on the ufotable's decision on which route to adapt. I don't know about here in the West but last I checked, the Fate route was still the most popular route among Japan's fanbase. Makes even more sense why they considered re-adapting the Fate route even though its already has an adaptation.

Oct 4, 2014 4:03 PM

Well, Heaven's Feel is getting a movie and the anime itself is called Unlimited Blade Works so I don't think they will go for HF or Fate(hopefully). Seeing how Fate is mostly H scenes and slice of life, in addition to having a weaker plot than UBW and HF, it will downgrade everything that doesn't have to do with it.

Oct 4, 2014 4:05 PM

There is no "main route". If you mean "first route", that is correct.

Oct 4, 2014 4:11 PM

DarkLordd said:
Well, Heaven's Feel is getting a movie and the anime itself is called Unlimited Blade Works so I don't think they will go for HF or Fate(hopefully). Seeing how Fate is mostly H scenes and slice of life, in addition to having a weaker plot than UBW and HF, it will downgrade everything that doesn't have to do with it.

That's HF. Not Fate...
The sun is a deadly laser

Oct 4, 2014 4:13 PM

DarkLordd said:

"Mostly H scenes"? It had like two or something.

Oct 4, 2014 4:22 PM

His point that Fate is the most simplistic and carefree route still stands. HF has a much more serious plot while Fate is an introduction to everything. It does have some plot of its own, but it's not too deep or anything.

Oct 4, 2014 4:27 PM

UBW is best route. ufotable knows what they're doing.

Oct 4, 2014 4:41 PM

MotRin said:

Indeed.

So apparently

That's some pretty deep shit right there

Just because it isn't spelt out like in HF doesn't mean it's not there.
Modified by mira-pyon, Oct 4, 2014 5:00 PM

Oct 4, 2014 4:55 PM

Archer > Saber

Oct 4, 2014 5:01 PM

NTAD said:
Archer > Saber

Oct 4, 2014 5:08 PM

NTAD said:
Archer > Saber

Read my sig, #truth.

Oct 7, 2014 7:14 PM

mirakura said:
NTAD said:
Archer > Saber

Read my sig, #truth.

Saber is in my top favourite female characters of all time in general, and clearly best girl in Fate. BUT, I'll still take Archer over her (forgive me!). It's not by much, and Saber by the end of the Fate route is one of the most meaningful characters for me, ever... but it's just that Archer/you-know-who is even more meaningful for me on a personal level.
Modified by Shuda-, Oct 8, 2014 3:44 PM

Oct 7, 2014 7:24 PM
NTAD said:
Archer > Saber
Iron bound truth right here.

Oct 7, 2014 7:37 PM

I'm honestly not sure who I prefer between Saber and Archer, they are definitely my top two F/SN servants though.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia

Oct 7, 2014 7:41 PM

Lancer is better than both.
Lancer it's love, Lancer it's love.

Oct 7, 2014 7:53 PM

Praland said:
Kotomine Kirei is better than both.

fixed

Oct 7, 2014 7:55 PM

FlameseeK said:
Praland said:
Kotomine Kirei is better than both.

fixed

True, but Kirei isn't a servant.
Unless that...

Oct 7, 2014 8:09 PM

Praland said:
Lancer is better than both.
Lancer it's love, Lancer it's love.

I keep forgetting about Lancer.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia

Oct 7, 2014 8:16 PM

Praland said:
True, but Kirei isn't a servant.
Unless that...

Sorry man, I just had to do that. I really like Saber though, so I wouldn't compare them. Just like I wouldn't compare Rin to him.

Oct 7, 2014 9:52 PM

mirakura said:
MotRin said:

Indeed.

So apparently

You are being sarcasm? @@

You are comparing Fate and HF in the spoiler right? I don't recall anything from UBW there.

Oct 8, 2014 2:05 PM

chickenonthepan said:
mirakura said:

Indeed.

So apparently

You are being sarcasm? @@

You are comparing Fate and HF in the spoiler right? I don't recall anything from UBW there.

'Indeed' agrees with the quote. The other part answers another thing I can't be asked to quote :3

Oct 8, 2014 2:18 PM

mirakura said:

'Indeed' agrees with the quote. The other part answers another thing I can't be asked to quote :3

Ok, I understand now. But Fate is not as deep as HF because:

I hope you can get it.

Oct 8, 2014 2:24 PM
Hug Addict <3

honestly I don't really care that much

if we get UBW and HF first I see no need to go back to Fate all of a sudden

A cuddle a day keeps the pouting away~
"Holding hands is just the first step to getting pregnant"

Oct 8, 2014 2:34 PM

chickenonthepan said:
mirakura said:

Ok, I understand now. But Fate is not as deep as HF because:

I hope you can get it.

That's a weird way of looking at it. If you were to actually look into a King's life, Alex would be my example, it's as deep as deep can get. But of course, that doesn't happen in Fate, therefore it's not as deep as HF. Because Nasu wants the best girls to stay in the light side :3

The only reason they'd wanna re-do Fate would be to please the fans. Although it's the weakest route, it has the most popular pairing. And that's not gonna stop romanticists who will look closely into how they're bonded, e.t.c They should at least make LE...

Oct 8, 2014 2:39 PM

You're really easy to trick, mirakura.

Oct 8, 2014 2:48 PM

CorePriest said:

Note: I think I wrote "gril". That's not a typo. :3
Modified by Just_Chicken, Oct 8, 2014 2:58 PM

Oct 8, 2014 3:02 PM

The chance is surely not 0. If UBW route makes them a ton of profit, HF makes them a second ton of profit, and the brass believes that remaking a Fate route will lead to at least another half ton of profit? Then they will surely make more Fate for money.

ADD: Before that though, I hope they make a proper adaptation of Tsukihime.

Oct 8, 2014 3:05 PM

chickenonthepan said:
CorePriest said:

I noticed that long before. 'Because Nasu wants the best girls to stay in the light side'. Got no idea what you're blabbering about CorePriest.

Oct 8, 2014 3:08 PM

mirakura said:
chickenonthepan said:

I noticed that long before. 'Because Nasu wants the best girls to stay in the light side'. Got no idea what you're blabbering about CorePriest.

Exactly. You have no idea and that is why it's so easy.

Oct 8, 2014 3:26 PM

I know the real reason for why the popularity of the routes are as they are!

It is very unusual, for this to happen, because usually the girls' popularity is what decides the popularity of the route, but in F/sn we got the rare case of the popularity of the route being proportional to the main character's (i.e. Shirou's) " badassness".

Doesn't this explain EVERYTHING?

Oct 8, 2014 3:32 PM

CorePriest said:
mirakura said:

Normal people and their normal way of speech -_-' You say 'i'm so easy to trick' meaning I'm very gullible, but you haven't proven that....

Oct 8, 2014 3:41 PM

mirakura said:
CorePriest said:

Normal people and their normal way of speech -_-' You say 'i'm so easy to trick' meaning I'm very gullible, but you haven't proven that....

No, it means you're easier to bait than even Jack. I don't need to prove anything. You, who claims that you always just joke around, don't seem to notice when someone else is not serious.

Oct 8, 2014 3:45 PM

Grey-Zone said:
I know the real reason for why the popularity of the routes are as they are!

It is very unusual, for this to happen, because usually the girls' popularity is what decides the popularity of the route, but in F/sn we got the rare case of the popularity of the route being proportional to the main character's (i.e. Shirou's) " badassness".

Doesn't this explain EVERYTHING?

Oh, so based on your assumption, UBW is the most popular route?

Hmm, I can agree with that.

Oct 8, 2014 4:14 PM

the chances of ufotable animating fates route is higher than the change that they will put the touhou ova they made online, and higher than the likeness that tisukihime will get an anime adaptation
"among monsters and humans, there are only two types.
Those who undergo suffering and spread it to others. And those who undergo suffering and avoid giving it to others."

Oct 8, 2014 4:25 PM

CorePriest said:
mirakura said:

No, it means you're easier to bait than even Jack. I don't need to prove anything. You, who claims that you always just joke around, don't seem to notice when someone else is not serious.

Lol, dude you joking. I'll be baited when I want to. You can bash Saber & Fate all you want, I'll just be here watching. In sadistic pleasure~ :3 And yes, I always joke around~ The 10% of my brain can't comprehend normos~

Thinking I can get baited easily, pfft mongrel..=.=
Modified by mira-pyon, Oct 8, 2014 4:32 PM

Oct 8, 2014 4:41 PM

idk id say a pretty 50/50 chance. i want the fate route to be animated so badly

Oct 8, 2014 7:10 PM

fairypriest said:

Well, in UBW we get to see an epic clash between those two right after the prologue at least.

Oct 8, 2014 7:17 PM

-Shuda- said:
fairypriest said:

Well, in UBW we get to see an epic clash between those two right after the prologue at least.

God damn, I can't wait to see that in a couple of weeks. So awesome.

- Geralt of Rivia

Oct 8, 2014 7:20 PM

insan3priest said:
-Shuda- said:

UBW is filled with awesome fights. I don't know which one should I choose to expect. :S

Oct 8, 2014 7:57 PM

Rinth said:
The chance is surely not 0. If UBW route makes them a ton of profit, HF makes them a second ton of profit, and the brass believes that remaking a Fate route will lead to at least another half ton of profit? Then they will surely make more Fate for money.

ADD: Before that though, I hope they make a proper adaptation of Tsukihime.

what do you mean? there never has been a tsukihime anime :|
"among monsters and humans, there are only two types.
Those who undergo suffering and spread it to others. And those who undergo suffering and avoid giving it to others."

Oct 8, 2014 8:17 PM

chickenonthepan said:
insan3priest said:

UBW is filled with awesome fights. I don't know which one should I choose to expect. :S

@Insan3 - That moment when the OST first started playing... *shivers*.

@chickenon - Definitely. Many of them can be considered "Final-battle-tier" from the get-go. Although, the only fight I'm actually not looking forward to is

Man, Kojirou's sword-play is going to be a sight to behold too.

Oct 8, 2014 8:29 PM

-Shuda- said:

@chickenon - Definitely. Many of them can be considered "Final-battle-tier" from the get-go. Although, the only fight I'm actually not looking forward to is

Man, Kojirou's sword-play is going to be a sight to behold too.

Actually there is one good moment on that fight:

And yeah, I hope they will adapt Kojirou's sword techniques properly, that samurai is awesome.

Oct 8, 2014 8:53 PM

chickenonthepan said:
Actually there is one good moment on that fight:

And yeah, I hope they will adapt Kojirou's sword techniques properly, that samurai is awesome.

True

Ah, it seems we have drifted off-topic once again ^^.

Oct 8, 2014 9:19 PM

-Shuda- said:

And I mean that in the most sexually painful way possible.

Oct 8, 2014 9:25 PM
PriestJabon said:
-Shuda- said:

Oct 8, 2014 9:33 PM

PriestJabon said:
-Shuda- said:

The latter for sure, it is anticlimactic like hell.

Lol

Oct 8, 2014 9:33 PM

Hmmm, I know we have a "Discussion past episode 0" thread but what does everyone think of making a general VN discussion thread so we can talk about things that happen in all three routes? Would be better than cluttering several different threads with these types of discussions, maybe.

Probably just a pipe dream it actually working, though.

- Geralt of Rivia

Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »