Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Sep 1, 2021 6:17 AM

May 2020
LOL, why is everyone so pissed that the Main Continent wasn't relevant to the main story ? It was pretty obvious that it was never going anywhere and I'm glad it didn't.

I'm disappointed that Teresa came back or at least, I'm disappointed that the author didn't foreshadow it better. Pieta would've been the perfect opportunity to show case that Clare's quarter-Yoma nature actually makes her even more powerful and he could've hinted at Teresa's appearance there, instead of making it feel like a complete asspull.

Pretty enjoyable manga throughout. Art was a bit wonky in the beginning but really improved towards the end. The characters weren't exceptional but I liked all of them.
Oct 15, 2021 6:57 AM

Jan 2020
Oh wow now why would you cry Raki?
Oct 15, 2021 6:58 AM

Jan 2020
Heh surprisingly they fulfilled the drinking promise...
Oct 15, 2021 6:59 AM

Jan 2020
There's still so much loose ends which made the story doesn't look completed.....
Oct 15, 2021 7:02 AM

Jan 2020
Honestly, Yagi shouldn't have brought the idea of that there's a war outside this so called laboratory if he's just going to shrug it off and end this manga....that way this ending will somewhat make the manga looks more completed
Nov 10, 2021 11:52 AM

Mar 2021
Pretty fun manga. 1st half was obviously better than the second half but I still enjoyed the 2nd half a lot. Maybe it didn't feel like it dragged on for me because I literally read 10 volumes in a day and finished it lmao.

8/10
ManuSenpai_Nov 10, 2021 1:11 PM
“Without love, it cannot be seen.”
Dec 28, 2021 4:11 AM

Apr 2020
There were a whole lot of characters and all of them had good development. Plot and story was excellent. Didn't feel like it was dragged out whatsoever. Good ending.
My third ever manga that I completed although fan translations . Totally loved it
water
Jan 5, 2022 5:26 PM

Sep 2014
This ending managed to give me the satisfaction AoT and Berserk couldnt.

It seems a bit of friendship power is unavoidable with stakes this high but Im fine with that.

Really, no loose ends, major asspulls or character betrayels. No forced comedy, dragged out SoL parts or dull romance. No 10 year boatride only to see loli witches going kyaa~.

Overall very nice, Im glad I randomly picked this up after watching the anime nearly a decade ago.
I really with this could get a full adaption now, especially the action would be great to see in motion. The first anime was pretty faithful untill they catched up to the manga around ep 19, just had weak voice acting and dated graphics.
7 years later I highly doubt that will happen though.

The mainland could get a spinoff maybe.
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Jul 7, 2022 4:32 PM

Nov 2020
Irene is alive woohoo!!! And bruh no ending kiss between Raki and Clare I can't believe :(... The last chapter of this amazing manga was great, so much emotions at the end tho I still wanted to see that last kiss :(...xD. Overall good manga with great story and charachters!
Sorry for my english xD!

RIP Kentaro Miura :(
RIP Akira Toriyama :(

Jul 15, 2022 8:11 AM

Oct 2016
krejola said:
Irene is alive woohoo!!! And bruh no ending kiss between Raki and Clare I can't believe :(... The last chapter of this amazing manga was great, so much emotions at the end tho I still wanted to see that last kiss :(...xD. Overall good manga with great story and charachters!

Honestly the last kiss felt weird to me, like Clare felt like a big sister figure to Raki, I didn't see them as a potential love interest.

Irene being alive makes everything right again, I remember how they were dropping like flies back then but in retrospective a lot of them survived huh, pretty cool tbh. Really glad I didn't even bother with the anime to start off, the art is just so pretty, and the anime covers like half of it, so I'm glad I read it all.

Really nice seeing Teresa in the end, I was really curious of what her awakened form would be like, and I'm glad they covered that she was just what Clare thought she would look like, since she obv would have a monstrous figure, and they claimed that Teresa shouldn't be stronger than Priscilla who had the potential to pass her
Jan 1, 2023 7:14 AM
May 2021
Satisfying ending!! What a journey!!
Jan 3, 2023 1:55 AM

Oct 2013
Very nice ending to really enjoyable manga.

It was nice to see Irene alive and well.

I liked the way the theme of "Teresa and Clare" was present in many important moments of the manga and how differently it got implemented into the story in those moments (Teresa naming Clare as Clare; Twins Goddesses of Love statue working as a signpost etc.). Climax, being Teresa achieving her Awakened form, was truly the cherry on top.

TitanInsane said:
LOL, why is everyone so pissed that the Main Continent wasn't relevant to the main story ? It was pretty obvious that it was never going anywhere and I'm glad it didn't.

Yeah, I'm surprised as well, especially when the Main Continent served only as a plot device to add more depth to the Organization and its actions. Just a background element that was to be used to place emphasis on "shocking truth about the world" etc. I'm also glad we didn't get short note about that conflict or the Continent itself. It'd have ruined the pacing and modulation of story that was told throughout the whole manga.
Jan 12, 2023 3:42 PM

Jan 2021
read this in like 4 days. wow what a ride. I can‘t imagine how it must‘ve been reading this while it was publishing, given it‘s long gaps between chapters
I'll take a potato chip... AND EAT IT
Mar 24, 2023 2:46 AM
Nov 2016
I'm going to miss Claymore, I love the anime but it dropped the ball near the ending and the same happened in the manga unfortunately, it did drop the ball as well, I didn't like some things like those zombies thingies that are strong enough to kill Isley, such a great character with wasted potential but then again, this manga has A LOT OF CHARACTERS so I will let it slide, a lot of character did have great character development after all which is great, I believe the mangaka did a good job for the most part even though it dropped the ball a couple of times after the 7 year time skip.

It wasn't perfect but the manga is still pretty great so I will end this with a rating of:

9/10
Apr 17, 2023 9:20 AM

Mar 2013
TitanInsane said:

I'm disappointed that Teresa came back or at least, I'm disappointed that the author didn't foreshadow it better. Pieta would've been the perfect opportunity to show case that Clare's quarter-Yoma nature actually makes her even more powerful and he could've hinted at Teresa's appearance there, instead of making it feel like a complete asspull.

Pretty enjoyable manga throughout. Art was a bit wonky in the beginning but really improved towards the end. The characters weren't exceptional but I liked all of them.
Why even bring it up then?
Nothing feels concluded. The existence of the main continent just shifts the plot entirely and the author never delivered, what a waste.
The war still rages and what we all read was mostly for nothing.

That last arc was a scuffed Buu arc, and Buu arc wasn't great either.
Apr 24, 2023 12:33 AM
Apr 2014
Great manga up till time skip, then the pacing feels like pulling teeth, power levels got stupid, and tried to add way too many claymore to keep track of especially when they all look alike. Also like many have said there was 0 reason to make up the main continent war if he had 0 plans to do anything with it.

6/10 only cause beginning was so strong
GrumarApr 24, 2023 1:38 PM
Jul 25, 2023 10:19 PM

Mar 2018
Amazing last chapter and last few chapters, thank god for that. Up until Isley’s death (which was still a HUGE mistake IMO) this series was a 10/10, but the pacing from that point on was off/dragged, and things sometimes got pulled out of nowhere, confusingly (Riful husk with no explanation??). 7/10 or so, generously, for the last 3rd of this series.

But this last chapter though!! That was everything. They all listened to Teresa and gave Clare headpats :’). In this case, the “happy ending” for the warriors left remaining felt very earned. I think this final chapter has everything you could ever ask for from a looong series like this. Wonderfully done.

Overall… 8.5/10? I must mention the art improved drastically as the series went on, to the point of being incredible. I’m very satisfied with how things eventually tied up neatly, even if it stumbled towards the final act. I’ll miss you, 7 ghosts!

seriously though, fuck those zombies.
GroktheDestroyerJul 25, 2023 10:38 PM
Nov 10, 2023 2:56 PM
Jun 2019
the first half is much better than the second half imo. The initial part reminds me of berserk, something dark with some kind characters. The abyssal rivalry is quite compelling as well. I really like Riful and Easley, but I don't like how it concludes. The Priscila and Rafaela subplot was so boring to read, there are also quite a few awful Claymores, i only like Galatea and Miria and can't even remember the names of the others.

it's a nice shounen overall, but I've already consumed a lot of this kind of stuff before.
Feb 27, 2:52 AM

May 2015
I just finished it in less than a week. I won't say I didn't enjoy it at all, but it was not what I expected. The art is the strong point of the manga without a doubt, but the fights dragged on like forever and were kinda repetitive, several underdeveloped and rather superfluous characters, and too many plot conveniences. I don't want to be harsh on it. There are pretty cool moments, but after reading so many reviews comparing it to Berserk, I thought that it was gradually going to become a more thought provoking work, and although at times it seemed that the series would follow that path, in the end it turned out to be another battle shonen with amazing art (not that I don't like battle shonen btw, it's just that my expectations were too high).
ren_moonFeb 27, 3:09 AM
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Claymore Chapter 9 Discussion

Rasco - Dec 2, 2011

7 by Ogre666 »»
Apr 6, 12:14 PM

Poll: » Claymore Chapter 79 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

avrc - May 2, 2008

110 by psygol »»
Mar 28, 8:16 PM

» Question?

mrSmiles - Jul 4, 2009

6 by _MackynCheese »»
Mar 21, 3:15 AM

Poll: » Claymore Chapter 1 Discussion

kansas778 - Sep 14, 2009

26 by _MackynCheese »»
Mar 20, 1:10 PM

Poll: » Claymore Chapter 50 Discussion

Zinvy - Aug 12, 2010

14 by aod-kun »»
Mar 14, 2:32 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.